1. Post #8561
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,265 Posts
    Anyone here have an overcoat except me? I got one that goes basically to my knees and out of all the youth I see at uni or in town I'm the only one I can really see wearing one
    i don't like long coats
    i've always associated them with trench coat mafia sperglords
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #8562
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    114 Posts
    I am looking for a coat to buy online... I'm not talking trenchcoat tier length, but rather just above the knee.

Ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

3. Post #8563
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,666 Posts
    So today, I tried on my first pair of chinos - bit late to the party I know but most of my friends really have a thing against chinos because they're 'hipster' or 'indie' or whatever the fuck, but was out with some different ones today and tried to try a pair on.

I don't know what the fuss was all about, they looked pretty smart and were comfy and I'm tall, so they worked well on me, thinking I might get a pair
    Chinos are hipster?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

4. Post #8564
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    Chinos are hipster?

To the t-shirt and jeans wearing crowd, they can be.

Also, I only really advocate long coats if you are going to be wearing a coat and tie underneath, otherwise why not a standard peacoat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #8565
    Stonem
    I am looking for a coat to buy online... I'm not talking trenchcoat tier length, but rather just above the knee.

Ideas?
    I think that Laredoute has a lot of coats/jackets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

6. Post #8566
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts

Ideas?
    Don't.

Coats are very specific and need to be tried before.

Trust me.

Also i still have my Burberry trenchcoat, the bitch cost me nearly 2K.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #8567
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts

Ideas?
    When would it be for?

8. Post #8568
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,061 Posts
    What's the general consensus on Hawaiian shirts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #8569
    Stonem
    Only ok on fat guys on vacation.

No, not even then.

Edited:

Also, seems like I'm going to London for a shopping weekend on friday, and good clothing stores I should look into?

Also need tips on good second hand places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #8570
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    3,349 Posts
    pretty fly, but not this fly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #8571
    December 2008
    12,061 Posts
    So that's a no then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #8572
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    Definitely not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #8573
    October 2011
    1,747 Posts
    Woah how did you find a picture of 7 people who ALL look cool as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #8574
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    i don't even know what kind of people they are by that pic

15. Post #8575
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    nerds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #8576
    Stonem
    I'm probably going to London on friday and was wondering if the store called ''River Island'' is worth checking out. The clothes look really nice, but how is the quality etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

17. Post #8577
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,002 Posts
    what shoes can I wear with tan chinos?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #8578
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,317 Posts
    what shoes can I wear with tan chinos?
    brown black blue red whatever as long as they're nice shoes and not fucking skate shoes or converse or trainers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #8579
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,824 Posts
    I've limited my shopping to Zara, H&M, LL Bean, American Apparel, Levis and occasional thrift stores for their fit, style, and price, any others I should add?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8580
    September 2009
    2,258 Posts
    first guy reminds me of

last guy has the dopest jeans ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #8581
    February 2010
    1,242 Posts
    So today, I tried on my first pair of chinos - bit late to the party I know but most of my friends really have a thing against chinos because they're 'hipster' or 'indie' or whatever the fuck, but was out with some different ones today and tried to try a pair on.

I don't know what the fuss was all about, they looked pretty smart and were comfy and I'm tall, so they worked well on me, thinking I might get a pair
    Step one: get new chinos

Step two: get new friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #8582
    March 2010
    1,314 Posts
    I'm probably going to London on friday and was wondering if the store called ''River Island'' is worth checking out. The clothes look really nice, but how is the quality etc?
    They're grand, just don't bother with the shoes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #8583
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    592 Posts
    The quality isn't bad, but it's nothing too special either so don't worry about the stuff falling apart the instant you buy it but obviously don't completely neglect it either.

As for London shopping in general, you'll find most UK high street chains like River Island represented all along Oxford Street (for example), each with their pros and cons in terms of clothing so there aren't really any that stand out. That said, UNIQLO would probably be worth a look primarily because they have some nice stuff and they don't have many stores around except in London.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #8584
    March 2010
    1,314 Posts
    There's a massive Jack Wills in Islington, but they're overpriced, 60 for a pair of skinny jeans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #8585
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Jack Wills is for people who like wearing pyjamas everywhere.

Fuck Jack Wills.

Stonem, River Island is okay, they're like a slightly higher quality Topshop with less emphasis on looking like a cunt from an indie band. There are SHIT TONS of second hand shops in London though. If you go to the nicer areas (Fulham, Covent Garden, Knightsbridge etc) you can find designer stuff for silly prices in your average Oxfam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #8586
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,211 Posts
    Anyone know some good online shops? All the stores have the same stuff here, I can find bits and bobs I like but not much. Looking to see if I can buy stuff online for a reasonable price.

Needs to ship to Canada for non-ridiculous prices. Or even better be Canadian based.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #8587
    November 2009
    4,006 Posts
    Button up shirt. You know what I mean. I just personally don't like the look of them and much prefer rolled up sleeves.
    They only look better because they fit tighter. If you had a button up shirt that fit correctly, it would look nice and you wouldn't have the hassle of rolling up sleeves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #8588
    July 2009
    4,037 Posts
    Those jeans burn my eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #8589
    December 2008
    12,061 Posts
    This photo should be in the OP of how not to dress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #8590
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,135 Posts
    why do they look so special

31. Post #8591
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    i don't like long coats
    i've always associated them with trench coat mafia sperglords
    what is a sperglord

Edited:

wait I think I get it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

32. Post #8592
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    sperglord
    \ SPURG-loard \ , adjective;
    1. Internet caricature of typical self diagnosed aspergers suffering shutin that has to provide input on everything and anything in the most obnoxious, self unaware, or creepy manner possible.
    2. Someone who states true facts to try and reveal the problems with things. While others dislike that the truth may reveal the downside and raise issues that aren't being addressed. While others don't like to hear about the problems and call this person a sperglord.
    [sub](See: World of Warcraft)[/sub]

33. Post #8593
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    ohgod what have I done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #8594
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    Anyone know some good online shops? All the stores have the same stuff here, I can find bits and bobs I like but not much. Looking to see if I can buy stuff online for a reasonable price.

Needs to ship to Canada for non-ridiculous prices. Or even better be Canadian based.
    Depends hugely on your style.

PLNDR is a great site, but hugely hit or miss. You can find great things at great prices a lot of the time, but there is also a load of awful stuff there too.
    (I wholeheartedly encourage you to check it out, and there are at least two or three people here who can invite you if you would like)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #8595
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,211 Posts
    Depends hugely on your style.

PLNDR is a great site, but hugely hit or miss. You can find great things at great prices a lot of the time, but there is also a load of awful stuff there too.
    (I wholeheartedly encourage you to check it out, and there are at least two or three people here who can invite you if you would like)
    Looks interesting, kinda annoying it being members only. And invite would be great though :)
    My style is a mixed conglomerate of bits I find everywhere to put together how I like, so it is sorta non-specific.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #8596
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    Looks interesting, kinda annoying it being members only. And invite would be great though :)
    My style is a mixed conglomerate of bits I find everywhere to put together how I like, so it is sorta non-specific.

Gilt is another one, but it is a bit more expensive in most cases (I will pm you about it)

37. Post #8597
    The Devourer of Souls
    July 2011
    3,211 Posts
    Gilt is another one, but it is a bit more expensive in most cases (I will pm you about it)
    Okay, thanks :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #8598
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,265 Posts
    sperglord
    \ SPURG-loard \ , adjective;
    1. Internet caricature of typical self diagnosed aspergers suffering shutin that has to provide input on everything and anything in the most obnoxious, self unaware, or creepy manner possible.
    2. Someone who states true facts to try and reveal the problems with things. While others dislike that the truth may reveal the downside and raise issues that aren't being addressed. While others don't like to hear about the problems and call this person a sperglord.
    [sub](See: World of Warcraft)[/sub]
    i saw that second one posted on urban dictionary, sounds like a nerdy kid trying to justify his actions after getting called sperglord

Edited:

thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #8599
    June 2012
    1,563 Posts
    I can dig it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #8600
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    Buyed these today :

From M.Margiela. I regret nothing, they're light and comfy. A bit expensive though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)