1. Post #201
    July 2007
    460 Posts
    Ive got these sick as shit deep/dark red vans that are apparently pretty rare. Ill get a pic soon with my sexy jeans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 China Show Events

2. Post #202
    May 2010
    1,297 Posts
    Members-only online store with really high-percentage sales. Only ships within the US but that's alright for you I guess.
    Wow, that sounds pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

3. Post #203
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    6,595 Posts
    I got invited actually, before I knew they were US-only, so I'll forward it to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    August 2009
    908 Posts
    Did some shopping with my mom. Turned out okay(at least for me )
    http://imgur.com/a/zJFh6#4YUU2

Holy Fuck I do look weird/funny in those pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    January 2008
    266 Posts
    Did some shopping with my mom. Turned out okay(at least for me )
    http://imgur.com/a/zJFh6#4YUU2
    Outfits in pictures 2,3 & 4 are questionably weird looking. That cardigan looks too small.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

6. Post #206
    August 2009
    908 Posts
    Outfits in pictures 2,3 & 4 are questionably weird looking. That cardigan looks too small.
    Huh, didnt seem that small when I tried it on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,459 Posts
    I'm gonna buy new glasses this weekend and I kinda need a style suggestion here. I've used the same style for years and should upgrade to a more modern kind of rim. I don't have a picture of me at the moment, but I'm blonde and have a somewhat oval face, so I'm pretty sure that thick, black raybans wouldn't work with my face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,543 Posts

I think bowler hats are too prior-period to just be worn with anything. You'd have to wear suits with waistcoats and stuff like that for it to fly. Much like a fedora I suppose.

As for that picture you posted, I really really wouldn't get something with huge flaps at the sides, no one wants to be that guy. (Maybe things are different where you live idk)
    I think there are other ways to make a bowler hat work

for example, this guy I saw in a show:

GIGANTIC!

you cant really see the hat because its almost the same color as the door, but so he's wearing a hoodie and skinny jeans, and some white sneakers. Ok so you might not like some of these, but lets say replace the hoodie with a flannel and the white kicks with some vans to have it more a la this thread.

and also, what type of beanie would you recommend then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

9. Post #209
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    6,595 Posts
    That picture really isn't helpful in illustrating the point you want to make, not only because I wouldn't have even NOTICED he was wearing a hat, but you're putting hypothetical other clothes on him as well

Anyway, if you're wearing a bowler with any kind of modern getup, even if in essence it comes off alright, the majority of people are still gonna see you and smirk to each other and think you're a wannabe something or other. It's out of place, you know, like wearing a waistcoat casually with jeans and a Tshirt. You'll turn heads but not in a complimentary way.

Who said anything about a beanie? A bowler ain't no type of beanie man! But if you want a beanie as an alternative, it's pretty difficult to go wrong. If you want my personal views on them, I don't care for slouch beanies on dudes, nor very much for wearing a beanie really far back to reveal the front bit of your fringe. The only beanie I've bought in the last couple of years is a black knit one, almost identical to this:

I wouldn't mind having a beanie with a stubby brim on it though, or at least trying one on. Now that I've thought of that I'll take a look in a few shops if I remember
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,852 Posts
    As far as beanies go, ones like that ^ I find really ugly, they don't compliment a head well.

ones with a turn-up are only decent looking ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,543 Posts
    That picture really isn't helpful in illustrating the point you want to make, not only because I wouldn't have even NOTICED he was wearing a hat, but you're putting hypothetical other clothes on him as well

Anyway, if you're wearing a bowler with any kind of modern getup, even if in essence it comes off alright, the majority of people are still gonna see you and smirk to each other and think you're a wannabe something or other. It's out of place, you know, like wearing a waistcoat casually with jeans and a Tshirt. You'll turn heads but not in a complimentary way.

Who said anything about a beanie? A bowler ain't no type of beanie man! But if you want a beanie as an alternative, it's pretty difficult to go wrong. If you want my personal views on them, I don't care for slouch beanies on dudes, nor very much for wearing a beanie really far back to reveal the front bit of your fringe. The only beanie I've bought in the last couple of years is a black knit one, almost identical to this:

I wouldn't mind having a beanie with a stubby brim on it though, or at least trying one on. Now that I've thought of that I'll take a look in a few shops if I remember
    oh no haha I'm not going to replace my beanie with a bowler hat, that was just something appart.

Well I've seen some people wearing the ones with the flaps, and since it's been getting cold here, and my beanie doesn't favor the shape of my head as it used to, I think, I wanted to buy something new
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    24,225 Posts
    Drive shirt?
    it's rusty of course it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    I do not buy clothes from Goodwill.

It's not so much that I haven't found anything good but

there's just something about wearing another person's clothes who I don't know

it weirds me the fuck out
    They wash, dryclean and examine every last bit of clothing to make sure theyre sanitary.

does the soaking jeans in the bathtub to shrink them thing work? I have a pair of raw jeans but they're too big, if I soak them in the tub for a bit will they shrink?
    You would have to soak them in boiling water, about 8 to 10 inches for 10 minutes, then repeat. You can then either let them air dry or wear them around to let them form to your body.

All in all it takes up a lot of time and if you want quick results you can put them in the washer on the hot/hot setting and then put them in the dryer on the highest heat setting you can on time dry for 60 minutes. Once the dryer finishes them, restart the dryer and do it again even if theyre dry. It won't shrink them as much as the boiling water in the tub, but it is a lot quicker and you wont get any burns from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,702 Posts
    What is Jackthreads? Sounds interesting.
    What Mako said. I'm not sure if he can foward an invite, so PM me also.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #215
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    60,633 Posts
    whats the point of a members only clothes brand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #216
    January 2011
    6,595 Posts
    As far as beanies go, ones like that ^ I find really ugly, they don't compliment a head well.

ones with a turn-up are only decent looking ones
    That one can be turned up

That's why it's got a different knit around the bottom of it

What Mako said. I'm not sure if he can foward an invite, so PM me also.
    Protocol gave me his sign-up referral link, which I PM'd JSF a couple of hours ago.

Edited:

Hah what

The WEBSITE is members-only
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    There are about a 1000 things wrong with this picture.

And yes I am holding a WIRED BALL MOUSE.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,202 Posts
    you mean online-retailers right?

there's probably no point aside from standing out as more "exlusive" than the bunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

19. Post #219
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    60,633 Posts
    what about some doc martens?
    http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3656-1460.aspx
    or
    http://www.dmusastore.com/p-4087-james.aspx

Edited:

idk i just want to buy stuff and they seem practical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

20. Post #220
    January 2011
    6,595 Posts
    or

Edited:

Not enough scorpions don't buy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    11,176 Posts
    https://twitter.com/#!/AndyBVB/media...com%2Fw2KAL0yW

Haircut like this yes/no?

(I didnt post image because it was rather big)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #222
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,001 Posts
    They wash, dryclean and examine every last bit of clothing to make sure theyre sanitary.

You would have to soak them in boiling water, about 8 to 10 inches for 10 minutes, then repeat. You can then either let them air dry or wear them around to let them form to your body.
    From what I've seen at the Goodwill shops I've been to, I beg to differ. I have seen some disgusting pieces of clothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    QUACK
    December 2008
    5,161 Posts
    https://twitter.com/#!/AndyBVB/media...com%2Fw2KAL0yW

Haircut like this yes/no?

(I didnt post image because it was rather big)
    hell no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    11,176 Posts
    hell no
    Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #225
    March 2007
    410 Posts
    man.. i love getting my hair cut. im not even a good looking guy and i've got women all over me already

what is this witchcraftery?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #226
    August 2010
    1,994 Posts
    Hoping you guys can help me out a little here. I don't want to pay 60 pounds for one of the Mass Effect N7 jackets, anybody know any UK stores that sell them?

27. Post #227
    June 2011
    323 Posts
    Ok guys. I have a couple questions. But first, some pictures.

So, feel free to critique the outfit on any basis. My hair, on the other hand, is something i can't do much about at the moment. I'm a young actor and the role that I'm in now requires me to grow out my hair (beard and all). If you guys have any styling tips, go for it (I'm often at a loss for what I should do with it).
    Also, what goes well with a dark tweed jacket? I have one that I really like, although it's at the dry cleaners, but I can't find a whole lot that goes well with it. Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    14,704 Posts
    hoodies are cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts

You can get away with black socks and flip flops nowadays. I see it all the time at the university I'm going to because it's too cold to wear flip flops just by themselves most of the year. Plus, it's cool to be a "geekish."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #230
    So Amazing
    December 2006
    1,779 Posts
    You can get away with black socks and flip flops nowadays. I see it all the time at the university I'm going to because it's too cold to wear flip flops just by themselves most of the year. Plus, it's cool to be a "geekish."
    You can't be serious.... right?

.. right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #231
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    just because people do it doesn't make it ok.
    it's like murder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,455 Posts
    or

Edited:

Beige Suede. There's some good Doc Martens on there, not those ones though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #233
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    14,704 Posts
    wait wait, hold on there

if it's cold, then why on earth would you wear flip flops in the first place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

34. Post #234
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    6,975 Posts

Heh

Not aimed at you but anyone that ever wears crocs should only use them as waterproof slippers or some shit

forever

35. Post #235
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    14,704 Posts
    crocs are good when you're just staying home, relaxing, or at the beach (I hate wearing flip flops)

that doesn't have much to do with fashion though

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    You can't be serious.... right?

.. right?
    I'm dead serious. I'll post some pics once the blizzard has passed.

just because people do it doesn't make it ok.
    it's like murder.
    No, it's totally okay in Northern Colorado. These crimes of fashion all get acquitted.

wait wait, hold on there

if it's cold, then why on earth would you wear flip flops in the first place
    Because socks.

37. Post #237
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    14,704 Posts
    Because socks.
    because other kinds of shoes don't exist, you know

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    because other kinds of shoes don't exist, you know
    I didn't say I followed this fashion trend. I wear flip flops barefooted like any other normal human being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,269 Posts
    I'm dead serious. I'll post some pics once the blizzard has passed.

No, it's totally okay in Northern Colorado. These crimes of fashion all get acquitted.

Because socks.
    There aren't many fashionable people in Colorado. But this one time I saw a tall black guy wearing a peacoat at Wal-mart. It was the first time I've seen someone wearing a peacoat in this state
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    There aren't many fashionable people in Colorado. But this one time I saw a tall black guy wearing a peacoat at Wal-mart. It was the first time I've seen someone wearing a peacoat in this state
    I've seen a few people wear a peacoat around CSU, but the vast majority just slap on a winter jacket and maybe a scarf. I'm still surprised I see women wearing the tight stocking pants even though it's below freezing outside.