1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,528 Posts
    Meh, seems the nights are pitch black even in the 1.6b stable version (this from the author's comparison images) http://i.imgur.com/i3pmn.jpg
    No plugin option for brighter nights as far as I can see :/
    As has been mentioned multiple times, it crashes the game on startup, thus no FPS gain whatsoever from it is possible until it's been updated.
    Realistic Lighting mod dynamically makes nights darker depending on the weather

If its cloudy and/or raining during the middle of the night, it'll be close to pitch black.

Clear skies on the other hand you can easily see as long as your monitor's brightness is correctly calibrated.

Edited:

Is it as dark in interiors as before?
    EDIT: Yep, still absurdly dark indoors. Fuck it, I can wait till another lighting and weather mod comes out.
    Realistic Lighting mod will address dark interiors when the CK comes out. It's impossible to fix right now because Bethesda set up their lighting models for interior sections all wrong, which means often times there will be areas in a dungion that have tourches all around it, but bethesda instead of using lights to light the scene, decided to use the image spaces in the dungion to make it look bright (aka the thing that makes all interiors/dungions look artifically bright.

The only way to fix this is to manually add lights for the correct lighting for each interior. He's planning on doing this, but it can only be done with the CK. In the mean time, some interiors will appear unusually dark due to lack of proper lighting (dependance on ambient light) inside and the fact that MANY interiors use the same exact image spaces as dungion interiors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,645 Posts

Badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Realistic Lighting mod will address dark interiors when the CK comes out. It's impossible to fix right now because Bethesda set up their lighting models for interior sections all wrong, which means often times there will be areas in a dungion that have tourches all around it, but bethesda instead of using lights to light the scene, decided to use the image spaces in the dungion to make it look bright (aka the thing that makes all interiors/dungions look artifically bright.

The only way to fix this is to manually add lights for the correct lighting for each interior. He's planning on doing this, but it can only be done with the CK. In the mean time, some interiors will appear unusually dark due to lack of proper lighting (dependance on ambient light) inside and the fact that MANY interiors use the same exact image spaces as dungion interiors.
    Yes, I've noticed that many, many candles, torches, etc. in dungeons don't even emit light.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #244
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,590 Posts
    Are there any mods that make nights really dark like fellout?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,840 Posts
    Realistic Lighting mod dynamically makes nights darker depending on the weather

If its cloudy and/or raining during the middle of the night, it'll be close to pitch black.

Clear skies on the other hand you can easily see as long as your monitor's brightness is correctly calibrated.
    I'm aware of that. Still irritating and yes, my monitor brightness is calibrated correctly. Has been for years, made sure of it the first day I got the damn thing.
    I know it's not realistic to be able to see anything during a cloudy night, but as far as i'm concerned realism should take a back seat to gameplay.

Clearest explanation i've been given so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

6. Post #246
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    skyrim cosplay gone bad

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 41Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #247

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    skyrim cosplay gone bad

Not enough hair on his chest. Obviously not a real nord.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,639 Posts
    ...Disregard the turn left rule
    Or only rebind the right strafe key

I may have been a bit late on posting that considering the traffic of this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #249
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    :q:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,324 Posts
    Alduin: "lemme tell you this funny joke I heard."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

11. Post #251
    December 2009
    4,974 Posts
    Part 2 is up!

Part 1:

Part 2:

for "Make another!"
    for "I have a suggestion." (and then quote the post hurp durp)
    for "Don't."
    You selling the wood to a trader made me cringe, wouldnt you get a lot more money if you sold it in a tavern, or whoever offers you money for cutting wood?

Im not sure if im late. Also, could someone confirm what i just said?

Edit: In skyrim, atleast some items disappear from the shelves as you buy them in some, if not in all stores, so i suggest you first steal every bottle of alcoholic beverage, then buy the rest.

Edit2: And also, you should keep in mind that if you manage to kill every witness, your bounty will disappear.
    Also, you missed pretty much alcoholic beverages in the tavern there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #252

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    You selling the wood to a trader made me cringe, wouldnt you get a lot more money if you sold it in a tavern, or whoever offers you money for cutting wood?
    In my experience, every merchant has the same prices. But I think there's a quest at a particular mill that lets you turn in wood?

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,515 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,639 Posts
    In my experience, every merchant has the same prices. But I think there's a quest at a particular mill that lets you turn in wood?
    Give it to hog (or Sigurd in Whiterun), it is a dialog option if you have it in your inventory, same goes for food for farmers and ores for miners. Also, they give you the exact value of the item instead of the usual merchant price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,204 Posts
    Contrary to what you might think this is not a skyrim cosplay, but a nexus cosplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,198 Posts
    these are some pictures of Jesus visiting skyrim

Solitude has been purged of Gentiles and sinners, the romans and agents of satan are no more, and now, the Lord Christ sits upon the throne, falated by the previous jarl, Elisif
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    December 2009
    4,974 Posts
    Ah, not a particular merchant, if someone says "care for some work, bring me all the wood you can carry" or something along those lines, you can bring them wood, and there is a dialogue option to sell the wood.

Edited:

Usually there is dialogues to sell firewood at most taverns (if not all), and all woodmills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,507 Posts
    skyrim cosplay gone bad

What a milk drinker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny x 29Agree x 4Optimistic x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,220 Posts
    Going with what i said about the fps boost, it also seems that it's using a lot more processor activity & gpu activity where it was before on 40% on both my laptop and pc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,268 Posts
    What I really want is for ScriptDragon to be updated. I can't play with my fov messing up and not staying where i want it to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,762 Posts
    Please excuse the quality, Vegas was being silly so I had to improvise:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

22. Post #262
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Please excuse the quality, Vegas was being silly so I had to improvise:

Tough little fucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,019 Posts
    Remodel staff of flames to fire flower?

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    755 Posts
    Friend just gifted me Skyrim on Steam. I've been a generous friend.

Any absolutely essential mods? Mostly looking for UI mods, but any graphical tweaks and extensions are nice. Also, anything that patches issues Bethesda will not or has yet to fix.

25. Post #265
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts

Any absolutely essential mods? Mostly looking for UI mods, but any graphical tweaks and extensions are nice. Also, anything that patches issues Bethesda will not or has yet to fix.
    just go to the nexus and do Top 100 files(non-adult)

26. Post #266
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts

SkyUI if you're looking for a better UI. And if you're looking for any lady-like extensions, the Nexus is full of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,943 Posts

Badass.
    Just look at all that delicious strawberry jelly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

28. Post #268
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts

What the hell, Nexus? What the hell...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,002 Posts

What the hell, Nexus? What the hell...
    Hagraven?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,445 Posts
    hey guys, every time i enter a house, i hear this thumping and occasionally shit will fly around the room when i open a door

it's like ghosts having really rough sex and throwing shit across the room but it's getting tiring, does anyone know a fix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #271
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    25,924 Posts
    Hagraven?
    A giant nordraven.

32. Post #272
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Hagraven?
    Paws only. The rest is just human.

The mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #273
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,698 Posts
    I'll check for that next time i get a chance, but i never really hung around Riverwood so i tried to sell it at the inn and then when for the next building.

Edit: In skyrim, atleast some items disappear from the shelves as you buy them in some, if not in all stores, so i suggest you first steal every bottle of alcoholic beverage, then buy the rest.
    As you can see, i'm a terrible thief, so when i can just buy it, im going to try.

Edit2: And also, you should keep in mind that if you manage to kill every witness, your bounty will disappear.
    Also, you missed pretty much alcoholic beverages in the tavern there.
    There was the carriage driver + possibly the kajhiit and i had no idea if a guard had seen me. Or if the horse counted.

And i didn't notice it IRL, slip up on my part.

Edited:

Also, next episode will be recorded tomorrow, my best friend is going to commentate with me. It'll be fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,639 Posts
    Remodel staff of flames to fire flower?
    A flamethrower would fit better, through it would break the lore.

35. Post #275
    July 2010
    926 Posts
    Holy shit this so far is the scariest moment I have had in skyrim so far. I was walking the seven thousand steps to high hrothgar on my new character to meet the greybeards. About a quarter way up when it starts to get snowy I met some girl and started talking to her and she claimed that she was a pilgrim. I suddenly heard this loud rumbling noise and I thought to myself holy shit awesome, (keep in mind my sound is really high) suddenly a fucking DRAGON lands right beside me, the scary part was it's shadow slowly coming towards me and the pilgrim. I let out a loud HOLY SHIT! and paused the game, not even Amnesia has scared me like this. Bravo Bethesda, bravo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #276

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Dwemer flamethrower shaped like a dragon's mouth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

37. Post #277
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,639 Posts
    I'm now imagining the Killing Floor cast fighting their way through a draugr ruin with flamethrowers, axes and crossbows; "Call yourself a bloody zombie? You couldn't scare my mum!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts
    guys give me some rules for a new playthrough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #279
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,639 Posts
    Do a pacifist run through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,609 Posts
    if you see anyone wearing gloves you must kill them and take them. all gloves take precedence in your inventory over anything else, you can only remove them if you are placing them in a safe container
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)