1. Post #4481
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,284 Posts
    This one is actually interesting. There was a dragon flying about but not attacking me. He flew around a bit and then randomly crash landed on the ground. Not sure how, since I had never even taken a shot at him and there was no one else around attacking it. It was clambering around the ground after it got up so I walked over to it. It didn't attack me though. It kind of just turned around and stared at me for a bit, then flew off. Bro dragon.

Welcome to the Dragonhood...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #4482
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Right now, I'm making my character based off of nothing in particular. It's my first run of Skyrim, so I'm just doing it generally blindly. I do seem to be heavily warrior oriented, with a bit of mage, but still pretty general.

When I replay Skyrim, what should I be? Warrior, Mage, or Stealth?
    Warrior Mage or Stealth really isn't the question you want to be asking. The question is, do you want to be archery, 1handed, destruction, conjuration, etc. Or perhaps even just a rich character who has maximum barter and is able to make items to be sold (for example I'm a Smith, the fact I'm playing through the main quests is more of me wasting time exploring while waiting for my mines to regenerate).

There is more to it than just warrior, thief, or mage. It's how you go about being any of those, or any combination of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #4483
    July 2009
    6,056 Posts
    I'm going to start experimenting and see if I can make and model some of the weapons and spells that this clever bastard uses.

(Except the crossbow, I'd be fucked for that.)

I don't exactly have any high hopes for myself on this, but I've gotta start somewhere, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4484
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    If you guys want the Weapons of the Third Era mod, I could upload it somewhere. Still have the latest release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #4485
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    If you guys want the Weapons of the Third Era mod, I could upload it somewhere. Still have the latest release.
    I never got a chance to download it waiting for him to release the final one, please do so and I will reward you with a hefty sum of gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #4486
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    I never got a chance to download it waiting for him to release the final one, please do so and I will reward you with a hefty sum of gold.
    I never waited, it was good from the start.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21167442/Wea...a_1_3-3871.rar

7. Post #4487
    October 2009
    9,448 Posts
    Warrior Mage or Stealth really isn't the question you want to be asking. The question is, do you want to be archery, 1handed, destruction, conjuration, etc. Or perhaps even just a rich character who has maximum barter and is able to make items to be sold (for example I'm a Smith, the fact I'm playing through the main quests is more of me wasting time exploring while waiting for my mines to regenerate).

There is more to it than just warrior, thief, or mage. It's how you go about being any of those, or any combination of those.
    Thing is, that's what I want to base my character on.
    If I was a warrior, he'd excel in smithing, heavy armor, blocking, etc.
    If I was a mage, he'd excel in desctruction, conjuration, etc.
    Stealh, lock-picking, pick-pocketing...

I really don't want to be based fully on one stat. That sounds incredibly boring.

8. Post #4488
    July 2009
    6,056 Posts
    What is the mod even? I've never heard of it until now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #4489
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    Thing is, that's what I want to base my character on.
    If I was a warrior, he'd excel in smithing, heavy armor, blocking, etc.
    If I was a mage, he'd excel in desctruction, conjuration, etc.
    Stealh, lock-picking, pick-pocketing...

I really don't want to be based fully on one stat. That sounds incredibly boring.
    I'm based fully on two stats. It's perfectly viable and fun.

Edited:

What is the mod even? I've never heard of it until now.
    Adds a bunch of weapons like scimitars, battle staffs, tantos and such. Stuff you would've seen in Morrowind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #4490
    Is steam dead for anyone else? Did I miss a scheduled downtime annoucement or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #4491
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,935 Posts
    Is steam dead for anyone else? Did I miss a scheduled downtime annoucement or something?
    Their servers lost power last night or something like that, they've been recovering since. It's damn annoying because I can't download any of the Skyrim mods I've subscribed to because that feature is still down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

12. Post #4492
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    its been said before but i'll say it again. the main theme is so fucking good that i could listen to it for days and it would still have the same effect.

right now i'm like a battlemage that uses a two handed axe and dual wields powers. destruction and conjuration are my favorites, but i kinda side in illusion or whatever the skill is for trap soul. i also am a pretty high level, like 50 something in enchantment. for the past like 10 hours of gameplay i've been watching movies and tapping X every second, basically making my follower chop shitloads of wood. i'm trying to get enough coin for the 12000 dollar house and enough soul gems to put my enchanting level at 70 at least.

level 14 imperial, i chose the preset that looks like gaius baltar from battle star galactica, with the facepaint of a hand print over my mouth, which is probably what i'd choose in real life. it obscures the face unless you and the other person are looking directly at each other.

gonna go werewolf for this one and next char will be a sneaky archer, dagger assassin vampire with a bit of magic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #4493
    September 2007
    227 Posts
    Just added my first mod to the workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...86&searchtext=

Still working on quest you have to complete in order to attain the house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #4494
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,944 Posts
    Any good magic mods besides Midas? I looking for destructive mods.

15. Post #4495
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    Any good magic mods besides Midas? I looking for destructive mods.
    If you're just looking for magic to be balanced so it's equally good as melee/archery pick up Magic Scaling on the workshop, it makes all the magic spells a lot better by making them scale with your skill level like literally everything else in the game does.

16. Post #4496
    July 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Trying to figure out LOD
    Error
    LOD diffuse texture '..\Source\TGATextures\lod\MtnRidge03LOD.tga' and normal texture '..\Source\TGATextures\lod\MtnRidge03LOD_n.tga' are not the same size (but should be)
    Oh god what's going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #4497
    October 2008
    285 Posts
    Does generated grass in the CK work for anyone?
    Whenever I use a landscape texture that should create grass I can see it in the render window but it never appears in game. Any ideas?

Trying to figure out LOD
    Error

Oh god what's going on.
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/134...n-ck-features/
    Read through that thread. I used Oscape to create my LOD and used TES4qlod to create the textures and it worked pretty well, I didn't get any errors. I screwed up somewhere though because some of the distant textures are purple/missing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #4498
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    If you're just looking for magic to be balanced so it's equally good as melee/archery pick up Magic Scaling on the workshop, it makes all the magic spells a lot better by making them scale with your skill level like literally everything else in the game does.
    I'm using a different scaling mod that just adds a couple additional bonuses to taking the novice/apprentice/etc perks.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=8137

I like it.

Magic Scaling seems a bit overpowered with how it increases the regen during combat and such.

19. Post #4499
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,749 Posts
    Doesn't it make enemy mages even more powerful though? I think that's what I read.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

20. Post #4500
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    Magic Scaling seems a bit overpowered with how it increases the regen during combat and such.
    Not really, the vanilla regen is so slow it makes playing a pure mage really hard, unless you basically cheat and reduce the cost of your spells through enchantment, but that requires a lot of grinding and only affects a single type of spells.

I mean on master at least it seems pretty balanced, I'm playing as a battlemage (1h+fire/healing) and I'm running out of magicka regularly, and the combat regen is still pretty slow even when I'm using actual mage clothing instead of enchanted heavy armor (which is really weakened in comparison to enchanted clothing).

Edited:

Doesn't it make enemy mages even more powerful though? I think that's what I read.
    No, it only affects you, the spell scaling is done by perks, which are only available to you.

21. Post #4501
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    342 Posts
    There's something thrilling about walking around with two deal thralls who happened to be conjurers.

22. Post #4502
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,944 Posts
    I'm actually looking for awesome looking spells. Even over-powered. I plan to get in modding myself, once I figure this stuff out. :S

23. Post #4503
    Fuck you, facepunch. I type a post, then I go to edit it, and you add a second version below it, without the edit. So I snip the second one, and edit the first, only to come back and find the first one didn't really exist.

Anyway. Benor, does no one else use him; does anyone know of a fix for the invisible ebony and blade's shields when you're a vampire?

24. Post #4504
    January 2011
    2,301 Posts
    Are there any paintings in skyrim? I'm searching for painting and picture and frame and NOTHING is coming up.

25. Post #4505
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    Not really, the vanilla regen is so slow it makes playing a pure mage really hard, unless you basically cheat and reduce the cost of your spells through enchantment, but that requires a lot of grinding and only affects a single type of spells.

I mean on master at least it seems pretty balanced, I'm playing as a battlemage (1h+fire/healing) and I'm running out of magicka regularly, and the combat regen is still pretty slow even when I'm using actual mage clothing instead of enchanted heavy armor (which is really weakened in comparison to enchanted clothing).

Edited:

No, it only affects you, the spell scaling is done by perks, which are only available to you.
    I dunno, the vanilla regen has always been fine for me. Makes me resort to using staves and such in combat, otherwise I never would.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4506
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,025 Posts
    k, I found out that the fuckery that's happening with people being without clothes only happens to followers.

None of my mods could possibly affect what clothes they wear, so i dont god damn understand whats going on.

Oh thank god, now stormcloaks dont look like normal guards.

Fuck that was stupid and annoying, atleast the Imperials looked different to guards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #4507
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

28. Post #4508
    December 2009
    3,072 Posts
    I'm going to start experimenting and see if I can make and model some of the weapons and spells that this clever bastard uses.

I don't exactly have any high hopes for myself on this, but I've gotta start somewhere, right?
    Would love the dance animations but that's even complicated to get from it if you have alot of experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4509
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts

Good luck! That game kicks ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4510
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    any playable instruments mod yet? if not planning on doing it myself

use them as weapons, left click to bash people with the instrument itself like a blunt object, right click to play and do some cool shit like in brutal legend

just with lutes, not electric guitars
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #4511
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,749 Posts
    any playable instruments mod yet? if not planning on doing it myself

use them as weapons, left click to bash people with the instrument itself like a blunt object, right click to play and do some cool shit like in brutal legend

just with lutes, not electric guitars
    The play animation is there in third person, now you only need to do the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #4512
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    i'll learn to use the creation kit and work it out, but it's something I want to do, feel it would make a nice addition

Might make it (but not sure how much custom animation this would require) so that as long as you have it equipped it does the play animation, and playing some bard songs, then left click would switch that to a bashing animation, right click being like playing a harsh chord that has a physical effect like the force push or pulse whatever in midas..

33. Post #4513
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,867 Posts
    I'm going to start a new file I think, I'd noticed I wasn't having anywhere near as much as fun as my friends were, and I found the game quite boring on the whole. Probably because I had a perk in pretty much each tree instead of focussing on one. Gonna make a straight up 2 handed warrior with healing magic and see how that goes!

34. Post #4514
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    I don't understand papyrus for shit. I'm trying to add a power to the game without using a spelltome. How would I go about doing such a thing. I tried adding the following code to a different spell as a script to add the power when used:
    Code:
    Scriptname TimeStopPower extends activemagiceffect  
    {Gives player the Time Stop Power}

Spell property TimeStopPower1 auto
    bool Function AddSpell(Spell TimeStopPower1, bool abVerbose = true) native 

if (Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(TimeStopPower1))
      Debug.Trace("Time Stop Power added to the player")
    endIf
    I'm not really sure how this works and it fails to compile each time. Help?
    You have to make a quest that runs the script when you start the game. Just because you make a script, doesn't mean it will run by itself, you have to tell it to run, via hidden "quests"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #4515
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,452 Posts
    So is there a way to edit characters in the creation kit. I'd like to do some face swaps between player characters and npcs but I don't know if its possible.

36. Post #4516
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    So is there a way to edit characters in the creation kit. I'd like to do some face swaps between player characters and npcs but I don't know if its possible.
    You could go edit the actor and check the setting "is CharGen face preset" so you could use their face for your character.

BRB after school, creating a mod that allows you to have the face of ANYONE in Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

37. Post #4517
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,520 Posts
    I dunno, the vanilla regen has always been fine for me. Makes me resort to using staves and such in combat, otherwise I never would.
    I always thought of staves being for knaves, not mages.
    I also have enough magicka potions to fill a fleet of oil tankers, so the regen is a non-issue for me
    I <3 alchemy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4518
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,132 Posts
    Is wars in Skyrim a good mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

39. Post #4519
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,520 Posts
    Is wars in Skyrim a good mod?
    It suffers from a lesser form of the disease that Tytanus mod has i.e. Aspie Mod Hoarder Syndrome. Tons of additions, many of questionable quality, entertainment value or usefulness, or just mods that are part of the overall cancer that seeks to turn Skyrim into nothing more than an interactive porn game. I'unno, some people can't seem to get through Skyrim for 5 minutes without needing to have a wank, and it's such a chore to have to stop the game to do so, or they believe all women should walk around nearly completely naked with tits that could knock out a mammoth (or simply have never seen a woman in real life)
    That having been said, the author at least is kind enough to make every part of the mod optional, so you can pick and choose the good stuff. The actual core of the mod, namely the spawn changes, is a bit bonkers in some places, but i'unno, might be fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

40. Post #4520
    Urgh, the steam workshop just refuses to work for me, I cannot get it to download anything when I load the game up.

Probably has something to do with the fact that I can't load the community pages from the steam client, I have to use the website.