1. Post #5041
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    15,666 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I'm late, but...

...it's new if you haven't seen it before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

2. Post #5042
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,837 Posts
    How hard do you think it would be to create a weapon's mod that equips as a single-handed weapon, but adds a visual around the torso?

Also, how hard would it be to have this weapon detonate a large explosion on the player's location when the attack button is clicked?

I think you can see where I wanna go with this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #5043
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,111 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/116...1#post34513017
    (Clicking reply isn't loading for me, that or it's mad slow)

This post got me thinking, are there specific merchants or traders, or cities or inns where selling certain items can produce better profit? Certain armorers who prefer certain types of armor? So on and so forth.

I ask because I quite enjoyed playing Mount and Blade from a traders perspective, that of starting with a very minimal amount of money and taking produce from place to place and yielding as much profit as I could. Keeps my brain a bit more active than hacking and slashing and would probably spur me on to making a horseback trader type character, the most likely character for me to disable fast travel on.

(Had to edit this in Internet Explorer, Chrome is being dodgy?)
    As far as I know, all traders will give you the same price for everything unless you've done a quest for them, in which case they'll favour you in general.
    Rather, if you want to get a larger profit for wood, ores or vegetables, you go see innkeepers or people like Sigurd in Whiterun, mine bosses (they'll buy the ore type their mine produces) and farmers, respectively. They'll pay for the base value of those items, which is far more usually than any trader will give you.
    can someone help me out? it would be nice to know if it got restocked every week or half month or month cause using wait to pass the time i wouldn't mind cause i could just do something else at the same time.
    You mean, Hjerim as in the house? Player houses never get reset.
    Putting EVE Online into Skyrim.

Edited:

I have a character whose torches keep burning out even after trying Eternal Torches and Torch of Everlasting...yet I have another character who has used one torch to level 41 (I should mention that I use it often) and it hasn't burned out yet even without mods. What gives?
    According to the wiki, torches found in mines last forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #5044
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,393 Posts
    I used to get money in Oblivion by dungeon delving but now it's just selling my unlimited stacks of dragon bones and scales
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #5045
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    I need help, I'm doing that early companion quest when you need to beat someone up, but the target is 'Sevrio Pelagia' in Whiterun, and the problem is, is there is no marker to tell me where to go, and as far as I can tell, the person doesn't exist.

Anyone have a suggestion to get by?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #5046
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,626 Posts
    I need help, I'm doing that early companion quest when you need to beat someone up, but the target is 'Sevrio Pelagia' in Whiterun, and the problem is, is there is no marker to tell me where to go, and as far as I can tell, the person doesn't exist.

Anyone have a suggestion to get by?
    He's probably at his farm just outside of town.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #5047
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,013 Posts

Edited:

Started a new city.
    I could need some help with quests, characters and interiors later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #5048
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    He's probably at his farm just outside of town.
    There isn't anyone called Severio in Pelagia farm though.

9. Post #5049
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,380 Posts
    How did you make that landscape?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #5050
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,392 Posts
    I had an idea. I could rebuild my summer cottage somewhere in skyrim, at a big lake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

11. Post #5051
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,013 Posts
    Manually.
    Still WIP.

12. Post #5052
    February 2009
    11,626 Posts
    There isn't anyone called Severio in Pelagia farm though.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Severio_Pelagia
    you sure?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

13. Post #5053
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    I've went in the house at night, only Gloth and that woman are there. Spent ages walking around the farm during the day and he wasn't there.

He might have died when I did the Battle for Whiterun, so I'm screwed I guess.

14. Post #5054
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,027 Posts
    Also, anyone making a house mod, or new environment needs to make sure their homes/environments are ESM files, because otherwise the NavMesh Bug will happen:

I would make the shadowmask blur to 5, but other than that, unless you want a really short shadow view distance or really performance intensive shadows (by setting the resolution to 8192) that is as good as you'll get.

I'm making my houses in .esp and they're not affected?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

15. Post #5055
    October 2010
    10,366 Posts
    Doesn't the dynamic quest system or whatever make sure it replaces him with someone else or something, apparently it's usually like Severio the 2nd or something. I know when I killed (dark brotherhood spoiler)    Aniorath, the meat vendor in whiterun, before i got the quest in the dark brotherhood, that it told me to kill someone else   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

16. Post #5056
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,111 Posts
    I've went in the house at night, only Gloth and that woman are there. Spent ages walking around the farm during the day and he wasn't there.

That's probably why. The early Companions quests, despite being generally a very buggy questline, has always directed me to the target.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5057
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,392 Posts
    Guys if I have a door in Tamriel, it teleports to a house, how do I make the door in house teleport back to the Tamriel door?

18. Post #5058
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,027 Posts
    Guys if I have a door in Tamriel, it teleports to a house, how do I make the door in house teleport back to the Tamriel door?
    open door reference in tamriel, open up your interior(keep the door ref from tamriel open), click the teleport checkbox in the door reference, select "choose reference from render window", doubleclick your interior door, there should now be a yellow arrow rectangle sort of thing somewhere close to your door, position and rotate this as you wish. It's also important to make sure you position it in tamriel also (just double click on the teleport marker and you will automatically load the ext cell the entrance is located in).

Then position exterior marker and you're done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #5059
    July 2008
    3,392 Posts
    open door reference in tamriel, open up your interior(keep the door ref from tamriel open), click the teleport checkbox in the door reference, select "choose reference from render window", doubleclick your interior door, there should now be a yellow arrow rectangle sort of thing somewhere close to your door, position and rotate this as you wish. It's also important to make sure you position it in tamriel also (just double click on the teleport marker and you will automatically load the ext cell the entrance is located in).

Then position exterior marker and you're done.
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #5060
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,027 Posts
    Thanks!
    no problem man.

21. Post #5061
    February 2009
    11,626 Posts
    He's died every time I've done that battle, so yeah that's probably it. Weird that he's still a target though.
    Have you tried using some console commands to bring him back?

22. Post #5062
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,868 Posts

23. Post #5063
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,155 Posts
    Fuck you Bethesda. How about you actually make some tools for modelers as well?

I got skyrim and the CK hoping I could start shitting out quality content like there's no tomorrow but apparently the only way to get your models into Skyrim is to use some fucked up third party mess of a program

[/vent]
    Agreed and then some. Bethesda doesn't care about modders at all, if they did they would have fixed the navmesh bug years ago and they would have made at least a basic toolset for models and animations like Valve did.

Apparently you can make 'new' NPCs by duplicating an existing one and replacing all the animations of the duplicate. Underneath it'd still be the original creature you duplicated, but it'd have a new model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #5064
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    13,838 Posts
    I'd be willing to do some collab work as a level designer if anyone's interested, Drop me a PM and I'll chat to you on the weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

25. Post #5065
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,886 Posts
    Work on my expanding of Breezehome, decided to give it a nice castle theme, even though that's... kind of awkward being that big.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

26. Post #5066
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    He's died every time I've done that battle, so yeah that's probably it. Weird that he's still a target though.
    Have you tried using some console commands to bring him back?
    Good point, I'll see if I can find a console command somewhere to do that.

27. Post #5067
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,060 Posts
    How can i modify Landscapes' height?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #5068
    July 2008
    3,392 Posts
    I just accidently deleted my big ass huge house cool mod i was making :c

any way to get it back?

29. Post #5069
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,027 Posts
    I just accidently deleted my big ass huge house cool mod i was making :c

any way to get it back?
    did you delete the entire cell or just a bunch of objects in the cell? if latter, ctrl+z.

if former, ctrl+z.

Either that or quit without saving.

30. Post #5070
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    Work on my expanding of Breezehome, decided to give it a nice castle theme, even though that's... kind of awkward being that big.

I would make the fog a little lighter to be honest, but otherwise it's looking like a good start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #5071
    July 2008
    3,392 Posts
    did you delete the entire cell or just a bunch of objects in the cell? if latter, ctrl+z.

if former, ctrl+z.

Either that or quit without saving.
    Deleted it accidently from Skyrim Launcher

32. Post #5072
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,847 Posts

see that dead rabbit? the necromancer brought it back to fight for him.
    (looks better in game)

33. Post #5073
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,568 Posts
    Deleted it accidently from Skyrim Launcher
    Creation Kit makes automatic backups of your .esp's It's in Skyrim/Backup. Just delete the .bak and the number before it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Winner Winner x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #5074
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,513 Posts
    somebody make a vampire lair for the player

with coffins, candles, cages and shit. to lure people back to your cages and lock them inside
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #5075
    July 2008
    3,392 Posts
    Creation Kit makes automatic backups of your .esp's It's in Skyrim/Backup. Just delete the .bak and the number before it.

Holy fuck than you sir!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #5076
    February 2009
    11,626 Posts
    somebody make a vampire lair for the player

with coffins, candles, cages and shit. to lure people back to your cages and lock them inside
    And with it, a vampires-only spell that sort of hypnotises someone to follow you.

37. Post #5077
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,081 Posts
    I'm making my houses in .esp and they're not affected?
    Are you sure? The bug only happens if you move two cells away, then return back to your home/dungion. The game will almost always delete the navmesh, though followers have a better time figuring out where to go vs normal NPC's. I.E. they might get stuck if you tell your follower to leave to go to a certain point, or try to summon things.

Of course if you restart your game it'll load the navmesh again.

Edited:

How can i modify Landscapes' height?
    Landscape pretty much needs to be done exclusively using 3rd party tools since the HM editor in game is broken and will likely crash (due to Bethesda not using it since Morrowind)...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #5078
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,827 Posts
    Is it safe to store your items in your room in College of Winterhold (dresser, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

39. Post #5079
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,081 Posts

Edited:

Started a new city.
    I could need some help with quests, characters and interiors later.
    I'd look out for the Navmesh bug, because all your work is useless unless you take it into account. Google it and look up workarounds, you might have to make your whole mod as an ESM from the start as the only fool-proof way to beat it.

Navmesh bug is where any mod that uses a navmesh (aka how NPC's move) will have that Navmesh deleted by the game the moment the player goes farther from 2 cells away from the navmesh's location. Restarting the game will respawn it, but if you are doing a playthrough and end up walking away from the mod, then returning, every NPC will be unable to move and followers will be broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

40. Post #5080
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,129 Posts

*Pictures*
    That fig seems kind of useful, it could be used as an effect in a dungeon filled with enemies which turns invisible unless they start attacking.