1. Post #5641
    September 2009
    2,082 Posts
    imagine if bethesda did the "make whatever you want" thing for one whole month and released it as a DLC

a man can dream though.... a man can dream...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #5642
    fort full of bandits + more NPCs mod = fucking RUN

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5643
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    Force push seems to break NPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #5644
    November 2007
    901 Posts
    imagine if bethesda did the "make whatever you want" thing for one whole month and released it as a DLC

a man can dream though.... a man can dream...
    *This idea happens*

*Furrys, Large Gentials, Sex Mods, One Texture Mod*

God, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5645

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Force push seems to break NPCs.
    More like break it down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Zing Zing x 3 (list)

6. Post #5646
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    More NPCs mod is great for this fucking game, makes it fill more lifefilled, now we just need a complete city populate mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #5647

August 2011
    836 Posts
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9494 This is my favorite mod so far, adds several large scale battle locations around skyrim. Huge Stormcloak vs Imperial battles along with Undead and bandits, it's great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #5648
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    That's been posted like 30 times though, is it really worth it? Especially if you have the More NPCs mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #5649
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,388 Posts
    I've been deciding on whether or not to get these 'increase NPCs and NPC battles' mods or not. Does it affect quests or make the world feel too crowded? Every couple of meters will I run into huge battles?

10. Post #5650

August 2011
    836 Posts
    That's been posted like 30 times though, is it really worth it? Especially if you have the More NPCs mod.
    I'm not using the more NPCs mod, but the battles happen in pre defined places around Skyrim, so if you're up for a fight, you can just go there.

11. Post #5651
    February 2012
    2,844 Posts
    Caqs is now the real world eater of Skyrim
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #5652
    fort full of bandits + more NPCs mod = fucking RUN

God, that's ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #5653
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,843 Posts
    I used force push on a Draugr and he got stuck like this when he stood up. It showed that he had some health left, but when I got close enough it said "E) Search Restless Draugr".
    Well, that Draugr is certainly not at rest...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #5654
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,278 Posts
    Which is the better companion: Faendal or Sven? Can followers even be ordered to craft things?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #5655
    June 2011
    8,799 Posts
    Which is the better companion: Faendal or Sven? Can followers even be ordered to craft things?
    Faendal, he can actually fight, unlike Sven who is a bard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #5656
    March 2010
    1,805 Posts
    FAendal can be exploited to get free 50 archery, just make him follow you, train, trade with him, take gold, repeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #5657
    September 2008
    428 Posts
    Anyone know a relatively simple way to get a custom mesh into the game from Blender? It's annoying that I have to go through multiple programs just to find out that I screwed up somewhere along the line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #5658
    June 2011
    8,799 Posts
    So how is that more NPCs mod? Is it stable or does it crash a lot and cause other problems?

The whole NPCs looting and selling things in the background makes me skeptical of it's stability.

Edit:
    Steam Workshop posted:
    I like this mod and all, but a little jog through the Rift resulted in me running and hiding from a swarm about 20 bandits. The entire town of Riverwood was slaughtered when I stopped by to do some smithing. Whenever I'm not fighting or running from attackers, I keep finding dead people and animals strewn about the place. This mod is awesome and wicked fun, but I can't do any small quests with it enabled because the NPCs keep dying. Could you please make a more toned down version?

---

OH-kaay. It was going quite well until I went to Solitude and found the archway jammed by hordes of imperial soldiers just standing there. Had to Fus Ro Dah them to get into the palace!

You need to have the npc's that are spawned be deleted after some time so they don't litter the world like this, or at least make them leave the city they end up in.
    Sounds like there's way too many NPCS spawning, I think I'll wait before using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #5659
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    Ugh.
    Holy shit.

Went ahead and started up Oblivion again and almost (pretty much) forgot about how the camera zooms into the face of who you're speaking with.

I wonder how long it will be until someone starts a project to port Oblivion into Skyrim.
    Overhauled characters and everything.

It would be beautiful...
    (Though not mod friendly i'd assume)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #5660
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    416 Posts
    Anyone know a relatively simple way to get a custom mesh into the game from Blender? It's annoying that I have to go through multiple programs just to find out that I screwed up somewhere along the line.
    there is no simple way yet

21. Post #5661
    Metal Gear and pixels
    June 2010
    284 Posts
    there is no simple way yet
    Actually, there is.

You can get something imported in less than 10 minutes by doing that. I used this tutorial to do my mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

22. Post #5662
    November 2010
    5,337 Posts
    Dear god the Warzones mod. West of Whiterun, there were literally HUNDREDS of Stormcloaks and Imperials fighting, no exaggeration. At such a low level, I died within seconds of popping my head out of cover because 30 steel arrows would instantly be shot at me.

The best part is, I have THREE mods that add more random people and battles around skyrim. So there ended up being Stormcloaks VS Imperials VS Bandits VS 4 Giants and mammoths. And then a Dragon decided to join the fray. It was incredible, and I didn't have a dip in performance from my usual FPS. (Although I have a godlike computer)

I ended up having to call in Flying Mammoth Air Support (FMAS) And keep in mind this little screenshot is 1/10th of the current battle going on, and there's not a lot being shown because I high tailed it to some rocks for cover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

23. Post #5663

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    From what I've read, the best thing to do until Skyrim-friendly Blender scripts come out is to use Fallout 3's .nif format (links to open nif files in Blender at http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index...er_NIF_Scripts at the top). Should be able to directly export it for use in Skyrim if all goes well, although you might need NifSkope to set up texture paths and all that jazz.

24. Post #5664
    May 2010
    4,630 Posts
    Silly Wulfgar, you're not suppose to whirlwind sprint off the the mountain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

25. Post #5665
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,021 Posts
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9493
    Has anyone tried this?

Are there any better ones or is this the best one out?

26. Post #5666
    May 2010
    4,630 Posts
    Why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

27. Post #5667
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,625 Posts

i need more thalmor skulls to cave in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #5668
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,515 Posts
    There's a glitch I use on draugr deathlords and scourges to keep them from completely raping my asshole on Master difficulty. You use all 3 words of unrelenting force so they got knocked to the ground, then you make them stumble (such as an overcharged destruction spell), they will instantly get up and stumble. They then walk in place in slowmo and will NEVER be able to attack you.

29. Post #5669
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Oblivion 2: Skyrim V7: check out this NPC I killed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #5670
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    There's a glitch I use on draugr deathlords and scourges to keep them from completely raping my asshole on Master difficulty. You use all 3 words of unrelenting force so they got knocked to the ground, then you make them stumble (such as an overcharged destruction spell), they will instantly get up and stumble. They then walk in place in slowmo and will NEVER be able to attack you.

What's the point of playing high difficulty if you're just going to use a cheat to win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #5671
    April 2011
    767 Posts
    More NPCs mod is great for this fucking game, makes it fill more lifefilled, now we just need a complete city populate mod.
    yeah also more random quests and stuff to make the game more fun

like many npcs you can talk to can give you a quest to travel someplace and kill a monster etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

32. Post #5672
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    yeah also more random quests and stuff to make the game more fun

like many npcs you can talk to can give you a quest to travel someplace and kill a monster etc
    That's like 50% of the quests in Skyrim lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

33. Post #5673

34. Post #5674
    I wish that there was companion support for horses.
    I didn't mind in Oblivion because I didn't use companions in Oblivion, I always felt bad about dragging them into hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #5675
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,173 Posts
    What's the point of playing high difficulty if you're just going to use a cheat to win
    it's not cheating if it's the only possible way to win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #5676
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,021 Posts
    I wish that there was companion support for horses.
    I didn't mind in Oblivion because I didn't use companions in Oblivion, I always felt bad about dragging them into hell.
    Does oblivion even have companions/followers?

edit: I tried giving oblivion a try again.

potatos everywhere.

I wish there was a cyrodil mod with the oblivion quests using skyrim combat and graphics.

37. Post #5677
    September 2009
    786 Posts
    Does oblivion even have companions/followers?
    The ones you get after the guild quests, and temporary ones during quests.

38. Post #5678
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    844 Posts
    I can't seem to find any mods that make the NPCs surrender when they've taken a beating. I am pretty sick of them shouting how they have given up, just to be stabbed as soon as I show them mercy. Have I missed a mod or is there no such thing out yet ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #5679
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,945 Posts
    I can't seem to find any mods that make the NPCs surrender when they've taken a beating. I am pretty sick of them shouting how they have given up, just to be stabbed as soon as I show them mercy. Have I missed a mod or is there no such thing out yet ?
    there is one that does what you want but i don't remember it's name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #5680
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    844 Posts
    there is one that does what you want but i don't remember it's name
    That is great, now I just need to find out what it is called. Thanks. At least now I know that I am not wasting my time searching.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events