1. Post #6841
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #6842
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,064 Posts
    God dammit ENB looks so awesome but for some reason I get abhorrent FPS with it despite everything else working completely fine. I think it might be the SSAO because it causes problems in every game I play that has it as an option, but I don't have any idea how to turn it off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #6843
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts
    Is there a way to give player races (not the player, but any of the standard humanoid races) the animations/skeletons of a hagraven without being inhumanly stretched/broken?

It might prove useful for a few NPCs in the Luftahraan project.
    This is mainly due to a few lines I delivered and there's been talk for a few other unsavory mental folk by other aspiring actors.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6844
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I wouldn't be able to help you with that.
    Fine then. I'll build my own Helgen, with blackjack...and hookers!

You know what? Forget Helgen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

5. Post #6845
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,105 Posts
    God dammit ENB looks so awesome but for some reason I get abhorrent FPS with it despite everything else working completely fine. I think it might be the SSAO because it causes problems in every game I play that has it as an option, but I don't have any idea how to turn it off.
    Do a Ctrl+F for "occlusion" in enbseries.ini and flip whatever the bit is.

Edited:

Fine then. I'll build my own Helgen, with blackjack...and hookers!

You know what? Forget Helgen.
    Being a kid and growing up.

It's hard and nobody understands.

Edited:

If you prefer the Steam Workshop, the author made it available there.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=13056
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6846
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,064 Posts
    This is mainly due to a few lines I delivered and there's been talk for a few other unsavory mental folk by other aspiring actors.

Professor Snape reprimands Potter for wanting to purchase a house.

I want you to say "ten points from Gryffindor" and put it somewhere in one of your lines. Do it for the good of the people.

Yessss you are my best friend ever. Any other stuff I can get rid of that will help performance and not take away from the visuals?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #6847
    May 2010
    4,560 Posts

Edited:

Being a kid and growing up.

It's hard and nobody understands.

Edited:

If you prefer the Steam Workshop, the author made it available there.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=13056
    Thanks, but I'm going to wait till the 50 subscribed mods bug is fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

8. Post #6848
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,669 Posts

I want you to say "ten points from Gryffindor" and put it somewhere in one of your lines. Do it for the good of the people.

Yessss you are my best friend ever. Any other stuff I can get rid of that will help performance and not take away from the visuals?
    Make sure depth of field is false

9. Post #6849
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts

I love your cackly laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #6850
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts
    I love your cackly laugh.
    It was a lot of fun, no denying. It didn't hurt to do it either, like most heavily overdone voices and expressions that I usually do.

It's all in the nasal passages, apparently.

11. Post #6851

August 2011
    836 Posts

So, it's the Innsmouth look then? You need to record some lines about "outsiders" not being wlecomed in the city.

12. Post #6852
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    darn if it wasn't for school i'd get into making mods already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #6853
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts

So, it's the Innsmouth look then? You need to record some lines about "outsiders" not being wlecomed in the city.
    I will do so tomorrow, as things aren't quiet in the evenings. So, approximately nine hours. :/

14. Post #6854
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    what'd be cool is if someone made a lore-friendly flint lock pistol mod (I know there's one already, however bare with me for a minute) and then gave them to small groups of bandits or something.. Imagine having flint lock pistol shoot outs dirty harry style

15. Post #6855
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    what'd be cool is if someone made a lore-friendly flint lock pistol mod (I know there's one already, however bare with me for a minute) and then gave them to small groups of bandits or something.. Imagine having flint lock pistol shoot outs dirty harry style
    Lore friendly flint lock pistol? The fuck are you smoking, bro?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #6856
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    I feel flint lock weaponry, and stuff would easily fit the (future) lore considering the direction the elder scrolls universe is going, what with everyone in skyrim being more or less scared of magic and shit.

17. Post #6857
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I feel flint lock weaponry, and stuff would easily fit the (future) lore considering the direction the elder scrolls universe is going, what with everyone in skyrim being more or less scared of magic and shit.
    Well, crossbows are technically lore-friendly since they were in Morrowind. I have no idea why they aren't in Skyrim.

However, there has never been an allusion towards guns being possible, or at least discovered, that I know of. The most technologically advanced shit is magic, or steam machines made by the Dwemer.

18. Post #6858
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    hell I could even imagine a quest that could introduce them. An alchemist works out an explosive mix of ingredients and a bowyer/metal smith or something figured he could make it into a new projectile launcher. they get you to gather mass amounts of the ingredients needed, give you a sample weapon to try out then start producing them to be sold. As they go to make their first presentation of the weapons to the people up in solitude they get robbed by bandits along the way, then you have to follow the bandits path of destruction they leave through towns until finally you get into an all out shoot out with them saving the day and all that shit

i'll do it, if I ever get around to modding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #6859
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    hell I could even imagine a quest that could introduce them. An alchemist works out an explosive mix of ingredients and a bowyer/metal smith or something figured he could make it into a new projectile launcher. they get you to gather mass amounts of the ingredients needed, give you a sample weapon to try out then start producing them to be sold. As they go to make their first presentation to the people up in solitude they get robbed by bandits, then you have to follow the bandits path of destruction until finally you get into an all out shoot out with them

i'll do it, if I ever get around to modding
    It's a cool idea, and I would probably download the mod and play it if the gun mechanics were good. However, don't try and pass it off as lore friendly. It isn't, and it doesn't have to be.

20. Post #6860
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    It's a cool idea, and I would probably download the mod and play it if the gun mechanics were good. However, don't try and pass it off as lore friendly. It isn't, and it doesn't have to be.

I see what you're getting at, but what i'm implying is that it could potentiatlly fit the universe (as opposed to something like laser weaponry from out of space) considering the state skyrim is in in terms of support of magic and shit like that.

21. Post #6861
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,209 Posts
    Ok so I have iron boots of hauling flawless but I cant improve past that so how do it do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

22. Post #6862
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    You have to use something other than iron to get past flawless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #6863
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    damn the character creator limitations, oh well
    anyone guess who my new playthrough's based on?

24. Post #6864
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    829 Posts
    Scaled up the map of Britain, fixed my LOD problems and learnt the regions generator. Time to make a total conversion mod.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 32Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #6865
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,209 Posts
    You have to use something other than iron to get past flawless.
    How do yoi do that? I doesnt say it needa something different
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #6866
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    Scaled up the map of Britain, fixed my LOD problems and learnt the regions generator. Time to make a total conversion mod.

how'd you scale it up? I thought you said it was already at the maximum possible scale that skyrim could handle without issues

looks great so far though

27. Post #6867
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,204 Posts
    Added Oskutin's city project to the OP. Not like anyone actually reads the OP once the pagecount is greater than 1, but I figure might as well have it there anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #6868
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,631 Posts
    Does anyone here know how i can get mods installed with NMM to actually stay installed? For some reason everytime i launch the game (through nmm) it wipes everything i've installed and only keeps the steam workshop ones which sucks because i find steam workshop horribly slow and bad to navigate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #6869
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,909 Posts
    I hope they will never officially introduce guns in future TES games, I like it medieval as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6870
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,422 Posts
    Bethesda isn't retarded, they know there'd be a colossal shitstorm if they did, even if they actually wanted to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #6871
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,726 Posts
    I hope they will never officially introduce guns in future TES games, I like it medieval as it is.
    I was so disappointed when they did that with Fable 2. What's wrong with medieval? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #6872
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I was so disappointed when they did that with Fable 2. What's wrong with medieval? :(
    I wasn't really. The gameplay suited guns well, and I think they handled the progression through time fairly well.

I don't think it should happen in TES, but I think Fable was alright with guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #6873
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    829 Posts
    I have the complete opposite opinion (not with TES, that's fine, but with fantasy games in general), I want more fantasy games set in the early Renaissance or Age-of-Enlightenment era. Muskets and pike-blocks and huge sieges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #6874
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,064 Posts
    I think if mana-related weaponry was done correctly, it would be totally awesome. Maybe like some kind of finger-pointing spell almost akin to a gun that fired little bullets of elemental stuff, with a low recharge and low mana usage.

Guns seem way far off and people would certainly get mad if they were put into future games (except crossbows, which are not in Skyrim for some reason??), but I think it could go pretty well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #6875
    October 2010
    10,389 Posts
    I think the very brink upon gunpowder weaponry is the best. Muskets, and very very expensive repeaters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #6876
    July 2007
    3,302 Posts
    I'd rather have a slow loading crossbow than a rifle, flint lock is bad ass though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #6877
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I think the very brink upon gunpowder weaponry is the best. Muskets, and very very expensive repeaters.
    Neither of those are the brink upon gunpowder weaponry.

Now this is the brink of gunpowder weaponry. At least portable guns.

This would almost be cool to fire in a ES game.

38. Post #6878
    Why dafuq would you want guns when you can shoot ice spikes and fire balls out of your hands?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 38Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #6879
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,726 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #6880
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Because magic sucks - never have used and I don't even want to use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)