1. Post #4681
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,431 Posts
    Almost done with my mod guys! Anyone want to test it?

Looks cosy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

2. Post #4682

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I made a mod that attempts to balance shouts to be more useful (but not overpowered) and also adds apprentice/adept/expert/master versions of Flames, Frostbite, and Sparks to the Riverwood Trader. Not sure if anyone would be interested in this.

Edit: I'm going to split this into two ESPs and clean up the files to remove unrelated edits that I made. Still, I could use some feedback on the strength of the shouts/new spells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4683
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,431 Posts
    Why not use workshop to upload the file?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4684
    March 2009
    3,059 Posts
    Looks cosy.
    'nother picture.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

5. Post #4685

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I don't want to release a mod that's still in the works to the public at large, especially since there are 10000 mods that do the same thing but slightly differently (and almost all of them boil down to "remove cooldowns from shouts and make destruction do 100 damage per second"). I want to help balance the game, not turn on immortal mode without console commands.

Also because Steam is being snooker-loopy right now. By the way, "snooker-loopy" is a real word according to Firefox.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #4686
    March 2009
    3,059 Posts
    I think he wants it to be tested before release, so they don't upload.

Shit, I've been posting more than usual.

7. Post #4687
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,508 Posts
    I think he wants it to be tested before release, so they don't upload.

Shit, I've been posting more than usual.
    I've got twice the amount of posts in this thread than the 2nd place guy; bow before my massive e-peen!
       i'm so lonely   

Did you know, if all the posts i've ever made on this forum were still around and counted, i'd probably have a post count over 40,000 at least? It's like I never leave the bloody house!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #4688
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,042 Posts
    does anyone here know Papyrus? would anyone know how to make it so an actor spawns when a quest is complete?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

9. Post #4689
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,248 Posts
    I actually like the main story of Skyrim. I also like the Blades armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4690
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    I'm sure I'm spamming at this point - but I'm racking my brains trying to figure out where the .hkx files are so I can replace the

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #4691
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,088 Posts
    It has been 5 months since Ma'Jiik wrote in this journal, though, he does not need to now, as he paid for a wizard to make it write down his thoughts automatically. Kajiit's arm has healed up nicely, and is back in working condition. Ma'Jiik was able to prove this by besting the local drunk nord in a brawl. Ma'Jiik gave the man his money back for helping Kajiit. As it is, Ma'Jiik got a lead from the nord, as he had heard Kajiit's quest for the sorcerer. He directed Ma'Jiik to a set of ancient dwemer ruins, infested with falmer. Ma'Jiik thought at first he was trying to kill Kajiit, but when Ma'Jiik got to the end of things, he found something amazing...

It was a simple scroll, yes, but it had exactly what Ma'Jiik needed: Info on where the sorcerer was, and who could get to him. Unfortunately, it turned out that he lived on a floating island, and that kajiit would have to fly in order to get to him. Heh. No problem. Ma'Jiik knows a few friends.

All Ma'Jiik had to do was raise his fists and the dragon bowed down to let kajiit on. Being threatening has its own benefits, perhaps. As the dragon gave Kajiit a ride, he warned Ma'Jiik of the dangers of the powerful magician Kajiit has gone to fight. Ma'Jiik understands. He does not expect to come out of this alive, so he has left his journal in a safe place under the jarl of whiterun's care. The magic in the journal will record Ma'Jiik's thoughts while he is out. Ma'Jiik landed, and realized why people had warned him to be careful.

Bring it on. Ma'Jiik can take any dragon, anywhere. Nothing so far has stopped Kajiit from slaying evil, and nothing ever will. Ma'Jiik will get his revenge. Ma'Jiik is tired of being headless. It is time to break into this evil lair and be a hero!

Many demonic creatures attempted to hinder Kajiit from breaking in the front door, but they were of no actual challenge. Ma'Jiik's armor is very good at stopping their hits, even if it's a bit weird. It stinks of evil, but if Kajiit uses it for good, things will balance out. after a long time of fighting many enemies and pouring many potions of healing down his throat-hole, Kajiit has found something he has sought for a long time now.

The lair of the sorcerer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

12. Post #4692
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Have it so that if an NPC uses it, they freeze for a few seconds, turn blue, a windows error message popup sound plays, then they disappear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #4693
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,431 Posts
    Is there a mod that allows you to actually walk up a slightly steep hill yet?

I want to climb the mountains but my character seems to struggle too much with slopes, if I recall right horses could handle this slightly better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #4694
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts
    Jesus christ medium shadows are so low quality it's like they're 8-bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #4695

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Jesus christ medium shadows are so low quality it's like they're 8-bit.
    They're always like that unless you lower the render distance, because for some reason shadows get lower quality the more of them that render at one time.

16. Post #4696
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts
    They're always like that unless you lower the render distance, because for some reason shadows get lower quality the more of them that render at one time.
    I'll have to look into it thanks.

I figured medium shadows would be a good trade-off between FPS and quality. But no, they are some of the worst shadows I've ever seen in my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #4697
    December 2010
    2,611 Posts
    I don't want to release a mod that's still in the works to the public at large, especially since there are 10000 mods that do the same thing but slightly differently (and almost all of them boil down to "remove cooldowns from shouts and make destruction do 100 damage per second"). I want to help balance the game, not turn on immortal mode without console commands.

Also because Steam is being snooker-loopy right now. By the way, "snooker-loopy" is a real word according to Firefox.   
    That's a good philosophy. That way you can polish it more and people won't be put off by the initial release, unwilling to come back for updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #4698

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    That's a good philosophy. That way you can polish it more and people won't be put off by the initial release, unwilling to come back for updates.
    Actually, against my better judgement I went ahead and uploaded to the Workshop. vv

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=11534
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=11526

/shameless self-advertising
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #4699
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    does hjerim get restocked, soul gem wise, ever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

20. Post #4700
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,748 Posts
    It has been 5 months since Ma'Jiik wrote in this journal[...]
    I just want to say, I love the story of Ma'Jiik. It's a pleasure to read it every time, and I always look forward to the next part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #4701
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    Best way to test a killmove mod = 20 Nazeem in an arena.

Hold on a second. Did you make this? If not the guy making that arena mod should figure out where this is and use it. It's awesome. Not for all the fights of course, because it's not very "grand" but maybe just to start out, when you're fighting lowly thugs and mercenaries trying to make a name out of yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

22. Post #4702
    moo
    November 2006
    4,833 Posts
    I just joined the dark brotherhood, can I use the sancturary as a house and store my items in it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #4703
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,156 Posts
    I kind of wonder why Bethesda had such an issue with working shadows. Every other game ever has good looking shadows that don't lag the game to shit.

24. Post #4704

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I kind of wonder why Bethesda had such an issue with working shadows. Every other game ever has good looking shadows that don't lag the game to shit.
    Rhetorical question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4705
    March 2010
    946 Posts
    Is there an easier way to rest for 30 days, like a console command?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #4706
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,042 Posts
    I just joined the dark brotherhood, can I use the sancturary as a house and store my items in it?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=11547

There you go.

And everyone else, if you plan on storing things on the Dark Brotherhood... just trust me on this one, get this mod. I won't spoil, but trust me.
    Adds a safe chest to the first room and one next to the water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #4707
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,641 Posts
    I actually like the main story of Skyrim. I also like the Blades armour.
    i use it in oblivion one of my favorite armors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #4708
    March 2009
    3,059 Posts
    'nother picture.

Thanks for the replies guys! I will try to get this mod up and going by sometime next week. Bear in mind that I will have to add the quest in later for the home.

29. Post #4709
    July 2009
    1,214 Posts
    So has anyone gotten LOD to work at all without bugs? The in game generator is completely stuffed and when I try to use Oscape it just crashes. Even the people who are getting it to work still get bugs like purple textures, I've pretty much lost all motivation to continue until I know that I'm not going to be stuck with a massive island where you can only see a very small distance in front of yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #4710

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Is there an easier way to rest for 30 days, like a console command?
    set timescale to 21600

Wait 2 seconds.

set timescale to 30
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

31. Post #4711
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,729 Posts
    I'm trying to make a quest for my new Khajiit NPC. The idea is that you bring him a single Moon Sugar and then you win. Easy peasy, right?

This is the script I am using:
    Code:
    Scriptname BCQScript1 extends Quest Conditional

Ingredient Property pSugar Auto Conditional
    GlobalVariable Property pBCQ01SugarCount Auto Conditional
    Quest Property pBCQ01Quest Auto Conditional

Function SugarCounted()

int CurrentCount = Game.GetPlayer().GetItemCount(pSugar)
    pBCQ01SugarCount.Value = CurrentCount
    UpdateCurrentInstanceGlobal(pBCQ01SugarCount)
    if CurrentCount >= 1
      pBCQ01Quest.SetObjectiveCompleted(10,1)
      pBCQ01Quest.SetObjectiveDisplayed(20,true,true)
    elseif CurrentCount < 1
      pBCQ01Quest.SetObjectiveCompleted(10,0)
      pBCQ01Quest.SetObjectiveDisplayed(20,0)
      pBCQ01Quest.SetObjectiveDisplayed(10,true,true)
    endif

endFunction

It saves and compiles fine, no warnings or errors.

Now, I got to quest stage 10 and try to add as a fragment, pBCQ01Quest.SugarCounted()

Result:
    Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
    Compiling "QF_BCQ01_01004F93"...
    c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\S ource\temp\QF_BCQ01_01004F93.psc(12,12): SugarCounted is not a function or does not exist
    No output generated for QF_BCQ01_01004F93, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
    Failed on QF_BCQ01_01004F93

I don't understand...

32. Post #4712
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Are there any fixes for Khajiit/Argonian tails when they sit in chairs, yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #4713
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,173 Posts
    I've got a theory - Bethesda consists of a single programmer, a single animator, Todd Howard, and two thousand dungeon designers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

34. Post #4714

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I've got a theory - Bethesda consists of a single programmer, a single animator, Todd Howard, and two thousand dungeon designers.
    You forgot a native Norwegian environment designer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #4715
    June 2010
    240 Posts
    Well, after this:

Join the Empire, the Stormcloaks are Nazis.

Literally, they meet every requirement needed to become Nazis.
    -White, blond hair blue eyes
    -Thinks what they're doing is for the greater good
    -Does generally evil shit, especially towards anyone that isn't a nord
    -Led by charismatic dictator that says one thing but does another and wants total control
    and this:

Thalmor Spoiler-
       The Thalmor are prettymuch using the Stormcloaks to distract the Empire and drain its resources. You find evidence of this through many quests and stories. They plan to destroy both, and are using the Stormcloak rebellion as a reason to be manipulating what the Empire does. While the Stormcloak cause is just (at least the "freedom of religion" part), they also hate all of the other races and prettymuch want to kick everyone out. Ulfric does nothing to help Dark Elven or Argonian refugees who are attacked on the roads, but as soon as its Nords he sends out tons of troops.   
    I'm definitely leaning toward the Empire. At the same time though, the whole    "Thalmor plot to destroy both sides"    makes me want to stay neutral, or maybe even join the Thalmor (Although I'm pretty sure you can't do that, right? ). Whatever though, I want more quests to do, and I'll get the achievements for the factions along the way as well.

I appreciate the feed back everyone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4716
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,770 Posts
    Fuck kits, I want to use brush work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #4717
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,861 Posts
    Too used to Hammer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #4718

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Well, after this:

and this:

I'm definitely leaning toward the Empire. At the same time though, the whole    "Thalmor plot to destroy both sides"    makes me want to stay neutral, or maybe even join the Thalmor (Although I'm pretty sure you can't do that, right? ). Whatever though, I want more quests to do, and I'll get the achievements for the factions along the way as well.

I appreciate the feed back everyone!
    Solution:
    1. Create good character (race does not matter). Join Imperials. Win war for them quickly and decisively.
    2. Create evil character. Join   Dark Brotherhood and kill the Emperor.    Join Stormcloaks. Win war. Hope Skyrim is tough enough to hold back Thalmor by itself (Hammerfell did it somehow).

Edited:

Hey guys. I fixed the bug that makes Elemental Fury not work with enchanted weapons and put it in my shout mod on the Workshop I posted earlier. Just saying.

39. Post #4719
    A six sided fish cube of the Flounder variety
    March 2010
    3,224 Posts
    J'zargo will answer your questions.
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1163716
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #4720
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,144 Posts
    I got a mod that lets me do kill moves while there is more than one enemy and now I am in dire need of more animations so I don't get bored of them :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)