1. Post #5081
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,257 Posts
    The navmesh bug is probably something really simple, if it can load it the first time it encounters the cell but not the second time, it's probably something like not resetting a flag or such when unloading the cell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #5082
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,346 Posts
    They just don't care enough to fix it, even though it's a repeatable bug that affects everyone.
    But hey, the modders figured out a hacky massively inconvenient way around it so why bother right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5083
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2009
    19,178 Posts
    Alt tab again then click on Skyrim, bam, it's up again.
    Some graphic effects are missing then though.

And other minor graphic problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

4. Post #5084
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    Ahhhh fuck.

Just did the Battle for Whiterun on the Imperial side, and uhh, Legate Rikke won't show up at the Pale camp, anyway to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #5085
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Ahhhh fuck.

Just did the Battle for Whiterun on the Imperial side, and uhh, Legate Rikke won't show up at the Pale camp, anyway to fix this?
    Fast travel somewhere and back. She probably hasn't gotten there yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #5086
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    901 Posts
    Since cutlery arrows came up, guess I'll post my progress on the mod I've been working on.

Improvised weapons! For the Dragonborn on the go.

Hoe with barrel shield.

Lit candlesticks. Set enemies ablaze! (also bucket helmet)

Sweeping crime off the streets.

Using the toughest material known to man. The stale baguette.

And of course, the fishing pole bow with cutlery arrows (also come in knives).

Next step is to try making actual armour. Probably out of pots and pans n' shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 57Funny Funny x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #5087
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,405 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7 (list)

8. Post #5088
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    Fast travel somewhere and back. She probably hasn't gotten there yet.
    Been back and forth quite a few times. She's just not there.

9. Post #5089
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,405 Posts
    I'd look out for the Navmesh bug, because all your work is useless unless you take it into account. Google it and look up workarounds, you might have to make your whole mod as an ESM from the start as the only fool-proof way to beat it.

Navmesh bug is where any mod that uses a navmesh (aka how NPC's move) will have that Navmesh deleted by the game the moment the player goes farther from 2 cells away from the navmesh's location. Restarting the game will respawn it, but if you are doing a playthrough and end up walking away from the mod, then returning, every NPC will be unable to move and followers will be broken.
    Uhm..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #5090
    July 2009
    1,214 Posts
    They just don't care enough to fix it, even though it's a repeatable bug that affects everyone.
    But hey, the modders figured out a hacky massively inconvenient way around it so why bother right?
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/134...#entry20317706

A Bethesda employee posted in this thread stating they are working on updates for the CK on the 15th, it may amount to only small fixes in the end but it does make me a little more hopeful that they haven't completely abandoned it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5091
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Been back and forth quite a few times. She's just not there.
    Try talking to General Tullius again then, I know that's a common bug and the wiki says that's a possible fix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #5092
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    Since cutlery arrows came up, guess I'll post my progress on the mod I've been working on.

Improvised weapons! For the Dragonborn on the go.

Hoe with barrel shield.

Lit candlesticks. Set enemies ablaze! (also bucket helmet)

Sweeping crime off the streets.

Using the toughest material known to man. The stale baguette.

And of course, the fishing pole bow with cutlery arrows (also come in knives).

Next step is to try making actual armour. Probably out of pots and pans n' shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

13. Post #5093
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Sooo, anyone gonna start working on a dragon mount?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #5094
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    Try talking to General Tullius again then, I know that's a common bug and the wiki says that's a possible fix.
    I've bothered Tullius about his life story plenty of times.

Is it perhaps because Rikke died during the Jagged Crown level, and I had to bring her back to life? I mean, she WAS there during the Battle for Whiterun.

15. Post #5095
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,641 Posts
    i thought rikke is essential

16. Post #5096
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,745 Posts
    The killmove+ mod is so amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #5097
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,680 Posts
    And with it, a vampires-only spell that sort of hypnotises someone to follow you.
    [h2]THIS[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #5098
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    You should add the lute as a melee weapon, and make it play a song when you attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5099
    moo
    November 2006
    4,833 Posts
    Is it safe to store your items in your room in College of Winterhold (dresser, etc)
    Yes, everything in the room is yours. You can even take the various ingredients in the room if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #5100
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    i thought rikke is essential
    Had a mod that allowed me to kill NPCs like followers, ie, they crouch when attacked by enemies, but if I kill 'em, they're fine.

Rikke took a stray firebolt, and my last save was pretty damn far back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #5101
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,641 Posts
    any good oblivion mods i should get i already have the unofficial patch and house home markers

22. Post #5102
    December 2007
    1,822 Posts
    There doesn't happen to be a mod around that makes alchemy interesting for people like me who don't like limited time/limited use items like all the potions with their boring and insignificant effects like 7% fire resistance, does it? I always ignore alchemy in games but still can't resist picking up every ingredient I find.

I love perks/upgrades/passive abilities, even when they have little effect at first. I would like to see a mod which makes you able to craft potions which add like 0.1% resistance (or whatever) forever. I'm weird, I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

23. Post #5103
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    There doesn't happen to be a mod around that makes alchemy interesting for people like me who don't like limited time/limited use items like all the potions with their boring and insignificant effects like 7% fire resistance, does it? I always ignore alchemy in games but still can't resist picking up every ingredient I find.

I love perks/upgrades/passive abilities, even when they have little effect at first. I would like to see a mod which makes you able to craft potions which add like 0.1% resistance (or whatever) forever. I'm weird, I know.
    I just make Health and Magicka potions. They're always useful.

24. Post #5104
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,738 Posts
    This is without ENB or FXAA

I'm using my custom settings for Realistic Lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

25. Post #5105
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,529 Posts
    why does everyone think speech is useless the haggling perks are actually useful
    Because buying things is useless when everything is spread all around everywhere and your inventory fills up with valuable shit so fast you can't even sell it without visiting 5 different cities (which sometimes you would have to do 2-3 days in a row to empty it all).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

26. Post #5106
    July 2009
    1,398 Posts
    Anyone else having problems with downloading mods?
    Steam error 16.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #5107
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    Because buying things is useless when everything is spread all around everywhere and your inventory fills up with valuable shit so fast you can't even sell it without visiting 5 different cities (which sometimes you would have to do 2-3 days in a row to empty it all).
    Dunno about you, but I run out of non-iron arrows and healing potions quite quickly.

Edited:

MAYBE I JUST SUCK

28. Post #5108
    June 2008
    442 Posts
    Anyone else having problems with downloading mods?
    Steam error 16.
    Yeah, I am actually really happy you posted this. For a while I thought It was just my computer.

29. Post #5109
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts
    Dunno about you, but I run out of non-iron arrows and healing potions quite quickly.

Edited:

MAYBE I JUST SUCK
    I usually find enough potions on my travels to sustain me. Arrows are pretty much the only expense I ever have in the ENTIRE game. Everything else is handed out like candy.

30. Post #5110
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,828 Posts
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/134...#entry20317706

A Bethesda employee posted in this thread stating they are working on updates for the CK on the 15th, it may amount to only small fixes in the end but it does make me a little more hopeful that they haven't completely abandoned it yet.
    Gstaff apparently said that Bethesda is looking into it. Wither or not it gets fixed is another story, but hey - at least they are recognizing it exists now, unlike during all of Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #5111
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,789 Posts
    I never really ran out of steel or iron arrows because iron arrows are everywhere and steel arrows you get a lot of during the civil war.

Edited:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=11165
    I've been waiting for this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

32. Post #5112
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,529 Posts

Edited:

MAYBE I JUST SUCK
    Well I don't use bows so that is probably an exception. However you still have a shitton of iron arrows so you know what I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

33. Post #5113
    March 2006
    4,149 Posts
    Thanks hashmere, i love you

(wip wip wip wip)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #5114
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,245 Posts
    Use Command Animal on Mammoths to kill the Giants, use Ritual Stone on Giants to kill the Mammoths. Damn, it feels good to be a Bosmer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

35. Post #5115
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    901 Posts
    Reminds me of Darkwolf.

Somebody make it so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #5116
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,947 Posts

37. Post #5117
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,738 Posts
    I just got that. The UV edit is amazing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #5118
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Well fuck it, if no-one is gonna make a dragon mount I'll have to find out how to use the CK and make one myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5 (list)

39. Post #5119
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Ugh, I have this bug when I launch skyrim, steam has the "preparing to launch skyrim" thing, and it disappears then reappears then disappears and reappears in a never-ending cycle.

I tried validating the files, but it didn't work, any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

40. Post #5120
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,729 Posts

anybody know how to use these? trying to get a "hot springs" effect here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)