1. Post #5361
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,931 Posts
    install every nexus sex mod out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #5362
    March 2011
    4,289 Posts
    All right I love Winterhold now, while the boss fight with Ancano was a kind of lame, Morokei's mask and the pimpin' Arch Mage robes make up for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #5363
    July 2009
    4,181 Posts
    My history teacher plays skyrim, +1000 respect.
    My computer science teacher loves Bethesda games.

Edited:

Wait, why zing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #5364
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    Can someone recommend some good mods that might not always be on the front page of the nexus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5365
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    What does it store in the cloud that's freakin' 46 megs. Every time I close Skyrim it syncs with cloud for like 5 fucking minutes at like 100kb/s.

Your steam window looks... different. Is that a skin or something you can get?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #5366
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,626 Posts
    Your steam window looks... different. Is that a skin or something you can get?
    PixelVision skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #5367
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,353 Posts
    I got it working after deleting all the objects named PlayerBookShelfClickTrigger and PlayerBookShelfTrigger. You could make a backup of your mod and delete those objects one by one to see which one is making trouble.
    All of them? Because that will break the bookcases that are normally in Breezehome....

8. Post #5368

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Would anyone happen to know how to add ears/horns/tusks/etc. to a custom race? I've been tinkering with it for hours and haven't accomplished a thing.

9. Post #5369
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    Would anyone happen to know how to add ears/horns/tusks/etc. to a custom race? I've been tinkering with it for hours and haven't accomplished a thing.
    Ask a furry modder on the Nexus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #5370
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    So I'm doing the civil war quests for the first time on a fresh character and I've been purposely avoiding the whole dragonborn thing.

Now suddenly I'm forced to help Balgruuf with the dragon crisis and thus becoming dragonborn to continue the civil war questline, what the fuck Bethesda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

11. Post #5371

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Ask a furry modder on the Nexus.
    No one knows how to do it according to Google. Not even the furries. I don't know how to create .tri files for meshes. I tried replacing the facial hair slot in the face data tab but the mesh I added simply didn't even show up. And it doesn't work at all for female characters because adding a "facial hair" object doesn't add a bar in the in-game race menu that allows you to select "facial hair".

12. Post #5372
    July 2010
    2,799 Posts
    Elaborating on my previous suggestion of a tent like the one in the Harry Potter film The Goblet of Fire, if they cannot figure of a way of putting an instanced door on a tent, how about a tent over the top of a manhole cover with a key? Similar to some secret entrances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #5373
    A six sided fish cube of the Flounder variety
    March 2010
    3,225 Posts
    Perhaps one of you fine gentlemen can help me.

I'm having a problem in the creation kit where terrain wont render. I've tried refreshing the render window and checking my settings, but I cant seem to figure out whats wrong.

*FIXED*
    Had to turn on terrain in the "Show/Hide" window. Derp.

14. Post #5374
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,794 Posts
    Edit: A helpful fella at Beth forums helped me out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

15. Post #5375
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Anyone know how to change console commands? (still on the TC thing)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

16. Post #5376
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    445 Posts
    Is anyone good with scripting? I'm trying to make a spell that would teleport me to Breezehome and then back to where I was. I'm using this.

It's suppose to teleport you to Breezehome and then move the Xmarker to where you were. But it doesn't seem to work. It teleports me to Breezehome but when I try to go back it just teleports me to Breezehome again.
    I'm no expert but shouldn't you have "if at breezehome then teleport to marker" ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

17. Post #5377
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Ok, guys, you all want the wilderness to be more immersive and battle-filled (pun intended?)?

This mod adds a shitload of factions to the wild now, Bandits, Silverhand, Fosworn, Stormcloak and Imperial.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=10124

Shit's crazy yo, and it isn't just, random spawnpoints throughout the map, Imperial soldiers will actually spawn more at Imperial cities and viceversa. This gives you an actual reason to want to stay in a city. Another thing is that they loot bodies of people they kill, and then, guess what, they go to the nearest friendly (for Stormcloaks/Imperials only) city and try to sell it, obviously a bandit won't, but the two civil war factions will try to. (this only applies to if you follow them I think, there aren't like, persistent NPC patrols or anything.)

I had a huge battle at Half Moon Hill(shit like this don't happen that often, but when it does its huge).

Here are some screenshots as I tell you my story.

Ever since I installed the mod I started traveling to my locations on foot rather than fast travel, and as I was on my way to     kill the guy at Half Moon Farm or Mill or whatever    , I was attacked by a bunch of bandits. Was about 6 or 8 bandit plunderers, outlaws, and 1 scout, which attacked me first.
    After I had killed the scout, all the rest of them started to attack me, Lydia and I swiftly responded, but in the middle of it all was aided by a group of 5 imperial soldiers, so I decided to sit back and watch the fireworks, 4 imperial soldiers died, and ALL the bandits died, leaving only 1 imperial soldier. He then tried to loot the bodies and I killed him :V. Here's the aftermath:

Weirdly enough, (think it's due to my settings, anyone know how to fix?), bodies started to disappear as I was putting them up to show them to you guys, so keep in mind there are about 2 imperial soldiers missing as well as 3 bandits.

As you can see from the screenshot, Lydia is getting ready to attack. Who you ask? A group of 3 Fosworn had attacked me JUST after I finished moving the bodies and took the screenie. Once I killed them, I was about at the bridge of the Half Moon Mill/Hill/Farm. Next thing I know, I was attacked by a group of 2 bandits who were (I think) hunting. Once I kill THEM, I was lastly attacked by 3 Fosworn foragers.
    Here's a picture (there's 3 on the other side of the...little uprising in the bridge)

And this entire story is to convince you to get this awesome mod, it makes traveling 10x more fun.

P.S. There is a bigger version of this mod (Many More Npcs in the Wild), that is like 10x this, I found it kinda extreme as you would encounter a group everytime you beat one group)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #5378

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Ok, guys, you all want the wilderness to be more immersive and battle-filled (pun intended?)?

This mod adds a shitload of factions to the wild now, Bandits, Silverhand, Fosworn, Stormcloak and Imperial.

Shit's crazy yo, and it isn't just, random spawnpoints throughout the map, Imperial soldiers will actually spawn more at Imperial cities and viceversa. This gives you an actual reason to want to stay in a city. Another thing is that they loot bodies of people they kill, and then, guess what, they go to the nearest friendly (for Stormcloaks/Imperials only) city and try to sell it, obviously a bandit won't, but the two civil war factions will try to. (this only applies to if you follow them I think, there aren't like, persistent NPC patrols or anything.)

I had a huge battle at Half Moon Hill(shit like this don't happen that often, but when it does its huge).

Here are some screenshots as I tell you my story.

Ever since I installed the mod I started traveling to my locations on foot rather than fast travel, and as I was on my way to     kill the guy at Half Moon Farm or Mill or whatever    , I was attacked by a bunch of bandits. Was about 6 or 8 bandit plunderers, outlaws, and 1 scout, which attacked me first.
    After I had killed the scout, all the rest of them started to attack me, Lydia and I swiftly responded, but in the middle of it all was aided by a group of 5 imperial soldiers, so I decided to sit back and watch the fireworks, 4 imperial soldiers died, and ALL the bandits died, leaving only 1 imperial soldier. He then tried to loot the bodies and I killed him :V. Here's the aftermath:

Weirdly enough, (think it's due to my settings, anyone know how to fix?), bodies started to disappear as I was putting them up to show them to you guys, so keep in mind there are about 2 imperial soldiers missing as well as 3 bandits.

As you can see from the screenshot, Lydia is getting ready to attack. Who you ask? A group of 3 Fosworn had attacked me JUST after I finished moving the bodies and took the screenie. Once I killed them, I was about at the bridge of the Half Moon Mill/Hill/Farm. Next thing I know, I was attacked by a group of 2 bandits who were (I think) hunting. Once I kill THEM, I was lastly attacked by 3 Fosworn foragers.
    Here's a picture (there's 3 on the other side of the...little uprising in the bridge)

And this entire story is to convince you to get this awesome mod, it makes traveling 10x more fun.

P.S. There is a bigger version of this mod (Many More Npcs in the Wild), that is like 10x this, I found it kinda extreme as you would encounter a group everytime you beat one group)
    I personally find fighting in the wild annoying as hell, if only because every time I have a battle or get side-tracked (have I mentioned that dragons like to accost me every 10 minutes, and dragons have very heavy bones?) my inventory fills so quickly that I have to go all the way back to Whiterun yet again. There's a reason I personally play Skyrim with fast travel. I swear I would explore 100x more if I didn't have to worry about inventory space and being tied to my storage area.

And the disappearing corpse thing might just be part of the mod or the area you're in, when storming forts during the war the corpses of the enemy soldiers despawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5379
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,794 Posts
    I'm no expert but shouldn't you have "if at breezehome then teleport to marker" ?
    A guy at Beth forums gave me another script to try it out, so Imma check that if it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

20. Post #5380
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Might be late, but whatever...
    Bethesda: Skyrim DLC Will Feel More Like Expansion Packs
    We've been promised substantial downloadable content for last year's blockbuster Skyrim, but it sounds like Bethesda is thinking really big.
    http://kotaku.com/5885983/bethesda-s...xpansion-packs

Edited:

I'm guessing GameJam DLC, Cyrodiil DLC, and Morrowind DLC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Late Late x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #5381

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Might be late, but whatever...

http://kotaku.com/5885983/bethesda-s...xpansion-packs

Edited:

I'm guessing GameJam DLC, Cyrodiil DLC, and Morrowind DLC.
    There really needs to be a DLC where the war between the Thalmor and the Empire starts back up. That's my hope for Cyrodiil DLC, anyway. I would love to see the Imperial City and Skingrad in Skyrim's graphics. And, as mentioned before, a Morrowind DLC would probably involve taking it back from the Argonians. Of course, I doubt a Stormcloak-affilliated character would do any more than kill all the lizardfolk, rape all the Dunmer women, and take all the gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

22. Post #5382
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    The first comment on that news I posted:
    Nerubasasin19 posted:
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! 360 users gonna get all of this shit first! (MS did pay off Bethesda for timed-exclusive DLC right?)
    That's cool, we hate you.

Edited:

People actually support the idea of paying off Microsoft to get DLC and stuff exclusive for one month!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #5383

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    The first comment on that news I posted:

That's cool, we hate you.
    Microsoft: "Bethesda, we will pay you to release DLC early on our platform for absolutely no reason at all, because DLC won't suddenly persuade people to buy the game who haven't already on our platform."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #5384
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    I guess Kotaku is mostly console gaming peasants though.

Edited:

Microsoft: "Bethesda, we will pay you to release DLC early on our platform for absolutely no reason at all, because DLC won't suddenly persuade people to buy the game who haven't already on our platform."
    That'll only work if they don't already own it and if they actually know DLC comes out earlier on Xbox.
    I'm not gonna rebuy the game on Xbox just so I can play stuff a month early.

25. Post #5385
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,947 Posts
    has anyone actually done anything with all the extra map left in the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #5386
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    We hoped they'd release a Cyrodiil and Morrowind DLC.
    That's what we've done.

27. Post #5387
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    761 Posts
    All of them? Because that will break the bookcases that are normally in Breezehome....
    I doubt they're all broken, I just quickly deleted them all to confirm if it was actually the problem. I don't know if there's an easier way to find the faulty object(s) other than manually deleting one at a time and test the mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

28. Post #5388
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    We hoped they'd release a Cyrodiil and Morrowind DLC.
    That's what we've done.
    I hope one of those would add, at least a bit of, hammerfell. "Have you seen those people in skyrim? They've got straight swords... phfhahahahaha"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

29. Post #5389
    November 2010
    5,337 Posts
    Wars in Skyrim, WARZONES - Skyrim, and now "Many more NPCs in the Wild."

Skyrim will be the true bloodthirsty battleground it should have been.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

30. Post #5390
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,515 Posts
    They at least make Skyrim seem more populated; I swear if we were to take into account the size of the various settlements, villages and towns (there are no cities, piss off; my goddamn hometown is 10x as large as they), the population of Tamriel would barely be in the thousands. Taking into account this population is split amongst numerous races, and interbreeding is not very common, there simply isn't enough genetic diversity to stave off cousin-fucking for even a few generations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

31. Post #5391

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    They at least make Skyrim seem more populated; I swear if we were to take into account the size of the various settlements, villages and towns (there are no cities, piss off; my goddamn hometown is 10x as large as they), the population of Tamriel would barely be in the thousands. Taking into account this population is split amongst numerous races, and interbreeding is not very common, there simply isn't enough genetic diversity to stave off cousin-fucking for even a few generations.
    The game isn't "to scale". Very few games except one-city games like GTA, Saints Row, and MAYBE Assassin's Creed are to-scale. To craft a to-scale world would make the game like Arena or Spore - 90% procedurally generated. The current quest setup already feels shallow enough without even more Radiant AI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #5392
    June 2011
    8,804 Posts
    There's only so much they can do in a video game, if they spent all their time making realistically sized settlements the game would never have been released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #5393

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    There's only so much they can do in a video game, if they spent all their time making realistically sized settlements the game would never have been released.
    11/11/11*

*year 3011   

34. Post #5394
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,046 Posts
    I feel like reinstalling Oblivion and giving it a bunch of quest-mods, possibly OOO, but doesn't OOO mess up quest mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #5395
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    what are these called and what did I press to get the annoying shits on me screen?

36. Post #5396

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I feel like reinstalling Oblivion and giving it a bunch of quest-mods, possibly OOO, but doesn't OOO mess up quest mods?
    OOO isn't FCOM. It's really easy to install and doesn't mess up anything I'm pretty sure. Just make sure that it's early in your load order.

37. Post #5397
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,515 Posts
    The game isn't "to scale". Very few games except one-city games like GTA, Saints Row, and MAYBE Assassin's Creed are to-scale. To craft a to-scale world would make the game like Arena or Spore - 90% procedurally generated. The current quest setup already feels shallow enough without even more Radiant AI.
    I know, it just feels ridiculously small even for the purposes of keeping within engine and development time limits. There's not even the illusion of bigness. The cities in Oblivion felt larger imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

38. Post #5398

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I know, it just feels ridiculously small even for the purposes of keeping within engine and development time limits. There's not even the illusion of bigness. The cities in Oblivion felt larger imo.
    The cities in Oblivion felt even larger with Better Cities on, but I don't think that a consistent 5 FPS was a good trade-off.

Damn, I'm starting to post as much as you do now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5399
    March 2010
    946 Posts
    I disabled all of my mods, yet my left handed weapons only swings in one direction. Help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #5400

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I disabled all of my mods, yet my left handed weapons only swings in one direction. Help?
    They always do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)