1. Post #6041
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,827 Posts
    I would love for some future TES game to have full-scale Tamriel or even Nirn. Imagine finding Whiterun and it looks like this:

faction quests that are actually very long so it would take 500 hours to finish main quest alone for example. Sounds overkill but that would really be an epic long time adventure and imagine the satisfaction of saying "Yay, I'm the fucking master of Dark Brotherhood, I remember how I just started their quests last summer". I do aknowledge that this is extreme and I don't know if it would actually work as a game, but dreaming never hurt anybody.

Hey, 30 years ago current tech in games was only a dream too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 33Optimistic Optimistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #6042
    May 2010
    4,633 Posts
    I would love for some future TES game to have full-scale Tamriel or even Nirn. Imagine finding Whiterun and it looks like this:

faction quests that are actually very long so it would take 500 hours to finish main quest alone for example. Sounds overkill but that would really be an epic long time adventure and imagine the satisfaction of saying "Yay, I'm the fucking master of Dark Brotherhood, I remember how I just started their quests last summer"

That would require a shit ton of work and lots of time to make and it would probably bankrupt bethesda if it didn't sell.

Ah what the hell, it's a TES game, it'll sell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

3. Post #6043
    October 2008
    1,448 Posts

faction quests that are actually very long so it would take 500 hours to finish main quest alone for example. Sounds overkill but that would really be an epic long time adventure and imagine the satisfaction of saying "Yay, I'm the fucking master of Dark Brotherhood, I remember how I just started their quests last summer"

Yeah, everyone would love to do quests like "Find X and kill X in Whiterun".
    I think the current sizes of cities are good, but it would be lovely if they atleast joined Skyrim with Tamriel and Morrowind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6044
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,827 Posts
    Yeah, everyone would love to do quests like "Find X and kill X in Whiterun".
    I think the current sizes of cities are good, but it would be lovely if they atleast joined Skyrim with Tamriel and Morrowind.
    I don't know, in current RPGs everything happens so fast. I got to level 35 in skyrim in 20 hours and that's without grinding or cheating. Then it gets a little dull so I create a new character thus I had played with 10 characters in the 250 hours I had in Skyrim. Would be nice to instead have one that progressed slowly past those 250 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6045
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    185 Posts
    I know for the pre-CK work, but that doesn't explain everything.

He just rushed the Skyrim version, that's it. With papyrus scripting you can do almost everything.
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not but its currently still in early stages, I haven't seen any note from him saying "THIS IS IT, I'M OUT". He hasn't rushed anything, he's been working on it steadily and is able to do a lot more now that the CK is out. Do you just expect him to make the mod in a day or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #6046
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,030 Posts

faction quests that are actually very long so it would take 500 hours to finish main quest alone for example. Sounds overkill but that would really be an epic long time adventure and imagine the satisfaction of saying "Yay, I'm the fucking master of Dark Brotherhood, I remember how I just started their quests last summer". I do aknowledge that this is extreme and I don't know if it would actually work as a game, but dreaming never hurt anybody.

Oh god, that sounds amazing. I'm fairly sure if that happened, no TES fan would ever be seen outside again. Also, if Whiterun looked like that,    storming it alongside Galmar    (or    defending it   ) would be incredibly fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #6047
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,363 Posts
    I am not saying that I don't like skyrim. Its a wonderful game and has satisfied me to almost 200 hours of play time. BUT all I'm saying is that there is so much more that could have easily been in the game. In that way it is somewhat disappointing.
    But I said, I'm not hating on it at all. We could probably say this about almost any game that comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #6048
    May 2007
    463 Posts
    So it turns out my friends decided to play a prank on me months ago and make me marry Stenvar (the dude) when I wasn't looking. I found out when I talked to him and he called me "love".

So what did I do? Collected 10,000 coins in earnings from his store, brought him to the winterhold college, killed him, and put his body on display...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 54Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #6049
    $$$Good News Everyone!$$$
    January 2007
    4,703 Posts
    Oh man that made me burst out laughing for real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #6050
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,443 Posts

Go to center of city, find your way out, no fast travel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #6051
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    Go to center of city, find your way out, no fast travel
    Easy:
    1. Go in a random direction.
    2. If you hit a building, go around it.
    3. When you hit the city wall, follow it until you find the exit.

That's how I coped with the towns in Oblivion when I were there for the first time and didn't know where anything was.

Edited:

I was about to fight a dragon, but it seems to have gotten resurrected and an immortal alduin is frozen above the mound.

That wasn't much of an issue since I still got to fight the dragon, but a really strange and annoying bug I got was the fact that the palace of kings was full of stormcloaks/guards.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

12. Post #6052
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but here's a video of possible DLC/patches/Mods may come out in the near future.

yfw mudcrabs
    I want ALL OF THAT! (Except the dragon mounts, it seems cool but you're the Dragon Slayer, not tamer).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #6053

February 2010
    2,571 Posts
    what visual mods are worth using? when i looked on the steam workshop it was a mess with nothing correctly categorized
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #6054
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,534 Posts
    I don't know, in current RPGs everything happens so fast. I got to level 35 in skyrim in 20 hours and that's without grinding or cheating. Then it gets a little dull so I create a new character thus I had played with 10 characters in the 250 hours I had in Skyrim. Would be nice to instead have one that progressed slowly past those 250 hours.
    Level 35 in 20 hours?

Were you just going straight for leveling your skills rather than, you know, play the game itself? Explore, wander around, and stuff.

Come to think of it again, that's one of the things that annoys me with Skyrim, or, I guess TES overall (but only played Skyrim and watched Oblivion, so w/e), you don't gain any experience whatsoever from doing quests, you can only level with skills. And well, ok, that would of been cool if it wasn't for the fact that at one point you've leveled up all the skills you use and want and if you want to progress further you're forced to leveling up skills you think are useless or do not want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

15. Post #6055
    December 2009
    2,180 Posts
    I got a weird bug with steam when I want to launch my game, I installed an mod that allows you to divorce someone, and when I wanted to launch the game the "Starting skyrim..." screen kept opening and closing really fast, and after that the "can't sync to steam cloud, go fuck yourself or play" but no matter what I press, game doesn't launch. I have unsubscribed the mod and verified game cache.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #6056
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    I want ALL OF THAT! (Except the dragon mounts, it seems cool but you're the Dragon Slayer, not tamer).
    I agree on this, I hate all the people who want/make mods of riding or becoming a dragon, it just seems too ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #6057
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,837 Posts
    I don't want to instigate a Skyrim hate march here, but here's a question that's been burning in my mind for a while:

Was anyone completely satisfied with what they got from Skyrim right out of the box?
    Skyrim was the first Bethesda game I feel is totally playable and fun to play more than 50+ hours without mods. I put 100 hours on just one character alone, and I didn't start adding real mods to it until 80 hours in, which is way more than past games.

There are some serious issues, and Bethesda really suffers from developing in a bubble and never focus testing (they even said this themselves) which means obvious design issues get passed as final, but the game as a whole is enjoyable from the start. It fixed every issue I had with Oblivion, though it introduced new (less severe but still bad) issues. Such as questing being awful (which is doubly so when the entire game's design focuses on questing over the actual world unlike Morrowind), and a lot of the RPG design was very poorly done. But these are things that didn't outright make me go "... really?", they were just lackluster and uninspiring compaired to everything else, and they are things that are theoretically able to be fixed with mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #6058
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    I want to fight with a spear...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #6059
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,781 Posts
    Updated yet again.

Night lighting is leveled out, daytime and dusk settings tweaked. (Comparisons are there too)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #6060
    February 2011
    193 Posts
    I agree on this, I hate all the people who want/make mods of riding or becoming a dragon, it just seems too ridiculous.
       Odahviing   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 2 (list)

21. Post #6061
    May 2007
    463 Posts
    Made a neat little alteration spell:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=13143
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #6062
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    676 Posts
    I feel like I could of done better. (Sorry for the low FPS and Graphics)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

23. Post #6063
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
       Odahviing   
    I know, but that was necessary to get to     the place you go to before getting to sovengard, if the player were to control him, it would be giving the player too much freedom and you would hit a lot of invisible walls, just like why we can't have levitation spells any more.   

Edited:

Updated yet again.

Night lighting is leveled out, daytime and dusk settings tweaked. (Comparisons are there too)
    Does it impact fps a lot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

24. Post #6064
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,781 Posts
    Does it impact fps a lot?
    I have no fps loss. It's my custom settings for Realistic Lighting with Customization. So you'll need This first, then My settings.

The mod doesn't use post-processing, so you shouldn't have an fps loss at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #6065
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,469 Posts

How can I make this feel more tavern-y.

The idea is similar to metro, it's a little pub in what is essentially a bomb shelter
    What about an actual bar disk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #6066
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    Skyrim was the first Bethesda game I feel is totally playable and fun to play more than 50+ hours without mods. I put 100 hours on just one character alone, and I didn't start adding real mods to it until 80 hours in, which is way more than past games.

There are some serious issues, and Bethesda really suffers from developing in a bubble and never focus testing (they even said this themselves) which means obvious design issues get passed as final, but the game as a whole is enjoyable from the start. It fixed every issue I had with Oblivion, though it introduced new (less severe but still bad) issues. Such as questing being awful (which is doubly so when the entire game's design focuses on questing over the actual world unlike Morrowind), and a lot of the RPG design was very poorly done. But these are things that didn't outright make me go "... really?", they were just lackluster and uninspiring compaired to everything else, and they are things that are theoretically able to be fixed with mods.
    This is why I can't wait for the expansions, because hopefully they will have learned from their mistakes in Skyrim and make the new quests amazing.

The RPG stuff can possibly be fixed too but I'm not holding my breath.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #6067
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,616 Posts
    But i want to fly around and breath fire at people :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

28. Post #6068
    October 2008
    1,448 Posts
    But i want to fly around and breath fire at people :c
    Tcl and fire breath shout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

29. Post #6069
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,507 Posts
    So now I got all nine dragon priest masks.

Is there any more cool shit I can do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #6070
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,328 Posts
    Anyone know any good mods that makes the game darker both in dungeons and the world (at night, obviously)?

I can't seem to find one on workshop :(

31. Post #6071
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    Anyone know any good mods that makes the game darker both in dungeons and the world (at night, obviously)?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7654

I've been using this one, it makes dungeons and nights a lot darker, and removes that ugly greenish tint on everything, it also makes the game look kinda better during daytime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #6072
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,542 Posts
    I believe I let you guys pick some rules for my new character.

"Must put all wheels of cheese on a table"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #6073
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,084 Posts

Try this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=7648
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #6074
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    That's the mod I just linked, guess I should have looked for it on the workshop.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #6075
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,328 Posts
    That's the mod I just linked, guess I should have looked for it on the workshop.

Thanks both of you :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #6076
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,781 Posts

As I have said before,

You'll need This first, then (If you want more) My settings.

The mod doesn't use post-processing, so you shouldn't have an fps loss at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #6077
    September 2010
    975 Posts
    omg, skyrim has started crashing again! It happened the other day, and I had to reinstall it, :(. It happends 1 or 2 seconds into loading, every time...

38. Post #6078
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    So now I got all nine dragon priest masks.

Is there any more cool shit I can do?
    Was I the only one a little let down by the whole dragon priest thing? I mean masks are nice but I had really expected a "WOAH" moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #6079
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,507 Posts
    Was I the only one a little let down by the whole dragon priest thing? I mean masks are nice but I had really expected a "WOAH" moment.
    I was like

"Great, another mask."

"Not like I've gotten tired of the damn things"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

40. Post #6080
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    I was hoping that all the empty barrels and chests in that room would suddenly be filled with loot. Maybe someone could spice that quest up a bit. Add some things that happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events