1. Post #6801
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I don't know what you mean by "weak", it was basically "sign the concordiat or literally everyone in your province dies". Anyone who'd refuse such a thing is a psychopath, and aside from that the Emperor hasn't really done anything. So at the very least he cares for his people enough to know the difference between a signature and a couple million people dying.
    I can't be certain, but I remember hearing in the game a few times that Titus Medes II was a fairly weak leader in ways other than just the White-Gold Concordat. However, since I can't really back it up I'll just say that that was my impression of the guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #6802
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,158 Posts
    I can't be certain, but I remember hearing in the game a few times that Titus Medes II was a fairly weak leader in ways other than just the White-Gold Concordat. However, since I can't really back it up I'll just say that that was my impression of the guy.
       When you actually meet him in the DB questline, he basically just says that you're an assassin, he's an Emperor, and that it's his time to die. Then he just turns around and asks you to make it quick if you don't mind. I don't think a weak leader would face his death in such a calm manner.

In fact, there's a book about the DB on his desk when you meet him, which would imply that he only realized he was going to get assassinated soon quite recently. He has a remarkably calm exterior for a supposedly weak-willed person. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #6803
    July 2010
    697 Posts
    That Superl3 ENB looks great, I think I might actually use it. Need to turn down the DoF a bit though, feels like I'm viewing the world through an SLR lens with autofocus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

4. Post #6804
    March 2010
    946 Posts
    Damn so many good ENB options which one do I taaake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #6805
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,165 Posts
    I had a thought... wouldn't it be possible to make a game with all of Tamriel, even with modern tech? When you're in one province, the others would just be LOD models of the actual province, and they would be linked up in certain transfer areas, like a small Imperial outpost or something that would have a gate that would transport you to the next area. Then the area you were just in would be shown as an LOD model of itself. So in short, the entire continent wouldn't be rendered all at the same time, but it would include all of the individual areas. Size wouldn't be much of an issue, since skyrim itself is just 6 gigs of HD space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6806
    March 2011
    4,289 Posts
    How the empire can fight the Thalmor.

Place the Dovahkinn as Emperor to boost morale, train all troops to use shock spells to drain the magic from thalmor soldiers. The legion soldiers are now 50% more capable of taking down thalmor troops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #6807
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
       When you actually meet him in the DB questline, he basically just says that you're an assassin, he's an Emperor, and that it's his time to die. Then he just turns around and asks you to make it quick if you don't mind. I don't think a weak leader would face his death in such a calm manner.

In fact, there's a book about the DB on his desk when you meet him, which would imply that he only realized he was going to get assassinated soon quite recently. He has a remarkably calm exterior for a supposedly weak-willed person. 

I disagree, simply because that it doesn't necessarily imply strong leadership. If he was a weak or bad leader and realized it, the same thing could have happened.

Edited:

I had a thought... wouldn't it be possible to make a game with all of Tamriel, even with modern tech? When you're in one province, the others would just be LOD models of the actual province, and they would be linked up in certain transfer areas, like a small Imperial outpost or something that would have a gate that would transport you to the next area. Then the area you were just in would be shown as an LOD model of itself. So in short, the entire continent wouldn't be rendered all at the same time, but it would include all of the individual areas. Size wouldn't be much of an issue, since skyrim itself is just 6 gigs of HD space.
    The issue isn't the space, it's design. It takes long enough to just create a single city. Think of how long it would take to construct a full continent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #6808
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,729 Posts

My latent, family-running alcoholism is apparent even in my modding projects...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #6809
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,158 Posts
    I disagree, simply because that it doesn't necessarily imply strong leadership. If he was a weak or bad leader and realized it, the same thing could have happened.
    Perhaps, but at the least he was either smart enough to know that his death was inevitable or courageous enough to face his maker without resistance. Both of those are strong leading characteristics, so he at least had those going for him.

Edited:

I will take five shots of that bubbling green shit in the background please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

10. Post #6810
    July 2010
    928 Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a mod that gives you a second chance to join the legion even if you have done the stormcloak side, for some reason I remember seeing something like this, I really regret joining the stormcloaks on my first character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #6811
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Perhaps, but at the least he was either smart enough to know that his death was inevitable or courageous enough to face his maker without resistance. Both of those are strong leading characteristics, so he at least had those going for him.
    Well, all we have is what he said to us. He could have wanted to die. Also, if he truly a good leader he would have probably wanted to live. A good leader sees that he is needed to help his people, and wants to stay alive so he can continue to help the people.

Dying with dignity is not a sign of good leadership. It is a sign of being a man who has made peace with death.

12. Post #6812
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    This was totally uncalled for.
    You do what you have to do, to make a point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

13. Post #6813
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Are there any mods out there that make it easier to move stuff around? I hate spending 15 minutes to rotate and set down a claw in my display case, only to accidentally nudge it and spend another 15 minutes fixing it.

Also, the glitch that makes your items fly out of your display cases whenever you reload the game, is there a fix for that yet?

14. Post #6814
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,672 Posts

Morrowind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #6815
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,158 Posts

Morrowind
    what is it with bethesda and goddamn sweetrolls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #6816
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,672 Posts

This song works SO WELL when I'm wandering in any Elder Scrolls game.

17. Post #6817
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    what is it with bethesda and goddamn sweetrolls
    I remember in the days of my youth, sitting in the alleyway enjoying a sweetroll when bullies would come and take it from me.

Bethesda understands me damnit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #6818
    March 2010
    946 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #6819
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,805 Posts
    What on earth
    He also spelled rotten wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #6820
    September 2009
    2,082 Posts
    i remember when this game first came out everyone sided with the stormcloaks, then a couple weeks in people started hating the stormcloaks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

21. Post #6821
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,626 Posts
    i remember when this game first came out everyone sided with the stormcloaks, then a couple weeks in people started hating the stormcloaks
    That's because the game intro was made in such a way that any new player to the game is basically herded into taking the Stormcloak side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #6822
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Nope. I can't make a new game. It just crashes.

Fuck sake... I really don't want to reinstall... I'm seeing it as the only viable option now though..

23. Post #6823
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    That's because the game intro was made in such a way that any new player to the game is basically herded into taking the Stormcloak side.
    I sort of went with Empire first because on my first playthrough I didn't realize I could choose Hadvar or Ralof and I kept going with Hadvar. From there the Jarl of Whiterun was a cool dude and even though he was neutral you could tell that he's more inclined to side with the Empire.

Edited:

Nope. I can't make a new game. It just crashes.

Fuck sake... I really don't want to reinstall... I'm seeing it as the only viable option now though..
    Try deleting mostly everything except for the default Skyrim ESM files in the data folder, then validate game files. The most of the game will already be downloaded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #6824
    June 2011
    8,804 Posts
    I'm pretty sure 90% of people quit the stormcloaks instantly when they got to Windhelm and saw the racial ghetto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

25. Post #6825
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    I hate the quest where you've got to go find the Elder Scroll, it's always bullshit for me because it has me running around Blackreach like a moron, i go to Skyrim it tells me to go to Blackreach, then Skyrim, then Blackreach ect, it's stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #6826
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    i sided with the legion because ulfric is so damn power hungry and thinks skyrim only belongs to the nords, oh and he's a racist piece of shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #6827
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,349 Posts
    I hate the quest where you've got to go find the Elder Scroll, it's always bullshit for me because it has me running around Blackreach like a moron, i go to Skyrim it tells me to go to Blackreach, then Skyrim, then Blackreach ect, it's stupid.
    I pretty much ignored the main quest so far, and found the scroll by accident.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #6828
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I sided with them because I was under the impression that since the Imperials wanted me dead for being at the wrong place at the wrong time they were unreasonable dicks. I was completely unaware of how Nords are racist and that the Stormcloaks are trying to make Skyrim into a country full of hate. Every city hates you if you aren't a Nord, especially if you are of the animal species. I was not okay with this. So my new characters are all members of the Legion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #6829
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    skyrim needs prostitution then i can ask a chick for a fus ro dah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #6830
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,258 Posts
    i like how for some reason in shader mods chromatic abberation is a good thing
    It's like lens flare, it's unrealistic but people expect it due to it being in movies (same as film grain, etc.).

If real life actually looked like that to people, they should see a doctor.

Also, I love how it's applied to everything on the screen, but it's not applied to things like water that should actually show it in real life.

Edit: Also, the massive over use of bokeh, it should really only show from distant light sources, not a spoon from a meter away from the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

31. Post #6831
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    Did you check the Nexus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #6832
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,625 Posts
    i was highly disappointed when i realized rolff wasn't going to even try to harass me for being an argonian. even moreso when he started calling me friend after i beat the living shit out of him

dammit skyrim i want to be discriminated against
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #6833
    July 2009
    6,055 Posts
    The Nexus is waaay ahead of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #6834
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    i was highly disappointed when i realized rolff wasn't going to even try to harass me for being an argonian. even moreso when he started calling me friend after i beat the living shit out of him

dammit skyrim i want to be discriminated against
    He calls elves shit and then immediately starts clapping to the elf bard.

Edited:

I want to see a mod or DLC or something where you can become the Jarl of Helgen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #6835
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts

Edited:

I want to see a mod or DLC or something where you can become the Jarl of Helgen.
    That would be fun. You have to recruit NPCs to become soldiers and residents in the town, lead an attack on the town(to get rid of the bandits, of course), spend money rebuilding it, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #6836
    March 2010
    1,807 Posts

Edited:

Have you SEEN Helgen in the CK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #6837
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    Nope.

Edited:

That would be fun. You have to recruit NPCs to become soldiers and residents in the town, lead an attack on the town(to get rid of the bandits, of course), spend money rebuilding it, etc.
    I would like to see something almost like FO3 Real Time Settler or something.

38. Post #6838
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I would assume it's a clusterfuck of scripts, phased buildings, and other bullshit. However, that can be easily fixed by making the "New Helgen" a city like Whiterun(an interior or whatever). That way you can start from scratch without potentially fucking up the game intro.

Edited:

I would like to see something almost like FO3 Real Time Settler or something.
    I have no idea about that.

However, I am really like the idea of refurbishing Helgen. Maybe we could turn it into a Facepunch project.

39. Post #6839
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    462 Posts
    Is there a way to give player races (not the player, but any of the standard humanoid races) the animations/skeletons of a hagraven without being inhumanly stretched/broken?

It might prove useful for a few NPCs in the Luftahraan project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #6840
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,442 Posts
    I would assume it's a clusterfuck of scripts, phased buildings, and other bullshit. However, that can be easily fixed by making the "New Helgen" a city like Whiterun(an interior or whatever). That way you can start from scratch without potentially fucking up the game intro.

Edited:

I have no idea about that.

However, I am really like the idea of refurbishing Helgen. Maybe we could turn it into a Facepunch project.
    I wouldn't be able to help you with that.