1. Post #41

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    My Skyrim update is stuck at 1% with 2 bytes/s.

How many mods broke this time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    July 2010
    3,759 Posts
    They definitely optimized it. I get ~70 FPS while looking towards the Bannered Mare from Whiterun's gate. Before it was 30 to 40. This is on Ultra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,092 Posts
    So I'm out exploring and stumble into this place.

I'm on the edge peering over when Lydia sprints up behind me "I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE THIS BEFORE." and knocks me right over the side to my death. So much for 10 minutes of clearing the camp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 60Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,242 Posts
    I just noticed the Ancient Shrouded cowl does not work on female Argonians. Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

6. Post #46
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,835 Posts

I'm on the edge peering over when Lydia sprints up behind me "I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE THIS BEFORE." and knocks me right over the side to my death. So much for 10 minutes of clearing the camp.
    Been there, survived the leap, this happened PS. SPOILER ALERT it's a surprise, if you don't want to ruin it just go there and jump (and survive obviously)
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/TESV_2012-01-16_16-46-47-33.png
    and have another one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,294 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,111 Posts
    Container Categorization no longer seems to work for me. Doesn't cause a crash, just doesn't work in-game. Can anyone else confirm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

9. Post #49
    June 2008
    641 Posts
    I wish so bad that I bought Skyrim for PC. I got it for PS3 because my computer wasn't good enough, then I get new hardware for christmas. Woe is me.

10. Post #50
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,912 Posts

Where on the map is this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #51
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    CK is out. Now to wait for mods...

It'll be like getting Skyrim all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts
    Where on the map is this?
    must be a significant place if they put such detail into that

13. Post #53
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,751 Posts
    Looks like Bard's Leap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #54
    November 2009
    9,077 Posts
    Actually it was months ago. It was supposed to be released on launch.

On a more positive and less Valve-like note, have some screenies:

Alright, you are now obligated to explain how you got your game looking that good. That looks nothing like my vanilla game, and I'm playing on Ultra.

15. Post #55

August 2007
    514 Posts
    I just so happened to have the idea of reinstalling my mods the moment before the update was released :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,539 Posts
    Are we going to have to pay for these mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    My Skyrim update is stuck at 1% with 2 bytes/s.

How many mods broke this time?
    Only mods that use Script Dragon or SKSE seem broken for me, assuming they're not updated for the latest version. SKSE is already updated for the patch, but some mods that use it aren't. AFAIK there's no new Script Dragon yet, but I don't know of many mods that use it anyways.

18. Post #58

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Are we going to have to pay for these mods?
    No, because paying for mods would be called DLC, not mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,912 Posts
    must be a significant place if they put such detail into that
    I looked for waterfalls from the map and found this little place:

Looks like the same place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #60

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Alright, you are now obligated to explain how you got your game looking that good. That looks nothing like my vanilla game, and I'm playing on Ultra.
    Are you joking? I'm playing vanilla and am only on High settings. FXAA, ENB, and "realistic" lighting w/o post-processing (which I recently disabled because it makes shadows way too dark) just don't do it for me.

Actually, now I remember, I'm using FXAA but the only thing I have it set to do is increase saturation by 55%.

Dat automerge break.

I think I might tinker with ENB some more, but it is a major pain and leads to red skies, pitch black darkness, and blurriness everywhere usually...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,912 Posts
    Ah, silly me, the name of the place was in the file name! It's Bard's Leap.

Edited:

Oh man, they be breakin' my automerge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,816 Posts
    Can people please stop saying "The CK is out!" without providing a link? Regardless of whether it's out or not (I don't think it is) failing to link it helps nobody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,111 Posts
    If someone knows that a mod on the OP list is currently incompatible with the newest patch, please let me know.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,667 Posts
    Can't wait for this fucking patch, I need my necromancy fix, man(nimarco). Where's that Daggerfall meets Oblivion Mannimarco image when you want it?

I'll shut up now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Can people please stop saying "The CK is out!" without providing a link? Regardless of whether it's out or not (I don't think it is) failing to link it helps nobody.
    It's gonna show up in steam under "Tools" when it is time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,539 Posts
    Also, where do you get Skyrim updates from/How do you check current version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Dragon Member
    January 2006
    1,312 Posts
    Steam will automatically update your game. If it doesn't, try starting the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,816 Posts
    Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,604 Posts
    I'm going to assume you're using maces, so yes. Having one's weapon ignore armour is very useful against heavily armoured enemies (naturally) and dragons.
    i kinda enjoy using swords more because of better attack rate so i think i might go with the bladesmen perks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,111 Posts
    All steam games should update automatically. If it doesn't update, restart steam.
    i kinda enjoy using swords more because of better attack rate so i think i might go with the bladesmen perks
    Yeah, don't get perks for weapons that you're not going to be using; needless to say it's pointless.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    Steam will automatically update your game. If it doesn't, try starting the game.
    If you have it on Steam it should automatically update. I'm sure there's an easier way to check what version you have but you can go to the Skryim directory, right click TESV.exe and select "Properties", and check the "Details" tab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,280 Posts
    If you have it on steam? It's only on steam, if you buy it from anywhere else you need to activate it on steam because it's a steamworks game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    October 2011
    375 Posts
    Awesome, Markarth isn't like a damn slideshow now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    My game has been bugged since day 1, the quest where you   go see Esbern in the Rat Warrens   . He doesn't speak and I can't progress, I've played about everything else I can do in the game, I was hoping the latest update would fix it. But it doesn't, anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Also I have "Give Wujeeta a healing potion" and "Collect Bounty from Skald" I can't get either of these to go away, anyone know what to do for these as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,747 Posts
    I'll be waiting for script dragon to update then and delete skyboost tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get my fps above 30 even without any fps increasing mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,242 Posts
    My game has been bugged since day 1, the quest where you   go see Esbern in the Rat Warrens   . He doesn't speak and I can't progress, I've played about everything else I can do in the game, I was hoping the latest update would fix it. But it doesn't, anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Also I have "Give Wujeeta a healing potion" and "Collect Bounty from Skald" I can't get either of these to go away, anyone know what to do for these as well?
    Make a save before trying this!
    Type this in console: setstage mq202 180
    If that did nothing write this in console: setstage mq203 280

He should start running to riverwood now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

37. Post #77

August 2011
    5,969 Posts

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2223928AA9qU95

38. Post #78
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Make a save before trying this!
    Type this in console: setstage mq202 180
    If that did nothing write this in console: setstage mq203 280

He should start running to riverwood now.
    But what about the dialogue and stuff? I don't like to skip ahead and miss things.
    Fucking SOPA scaremongering.

I can't download the file.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,747 Posts
    I can't download the file.
    Try reinstalling the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,546 Posts

There is a fix for Esbern, I had the same problem but I fixed it by downloading and replacing a game file. Try looking at the steam forums, pretty sure that's where I found my fix.

You're supposed to give an Argonian chick living on the docks in Riften a healing potion for "give Wujeeta a healing potion" quest. I think Skald is the Jarl of Falkreath? Just go there and and talk to Skald for the bounty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events