1. Post #8481
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,526 Posts
    Any other games let you play as a necromancer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #8482
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,000 Posts
    Any other games let you play as a necromancer?
    iirc all the Elder Scrolls games allow necromancy. Diablo II has one, fairly sure Neverwinter Nights I and II allow that as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

3. Post #8483
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,034 Posts
    If anyone didn't know, typing "tm" in console, pressing "~" again, and then pressing the menu key gives you the awesome Depth of Field effect on the menus without the menus being there. It's great for screenshots, even if you can't move with it on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #8484
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,526 Posts
    iirc all the Elder Scrolls games allow necromancy. Diablo II has one, fairly sure Neverwinter Nights I and II allow that as well.
    I mean necromancy in the same vein as Skyrim, summoning undead in Oblivion/Morrowind was just suing someone else's undead from somewhere rather than raising them. I've heard about Diablo but never played it or seen hardly any gameplay, any other games allow you to play as a necromancer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #8485
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,038 Posts
    I mean necromancy in the same vein as Skyrim, summoning undead in Oblivion/Morrowind was just suing someone else's undead from somewhere rather than raising them. I've heard about Diablo but never played it or seen hardly any gameplay, any other games allow you to play as a necromancer?
    To be honest I think an RPG that was focused on being a necromancer would be pretty awesome. Necromancy is cool but no games really expand upon it much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #8486
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    That's where modders come in handy, but they're too busy making anime mods and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #8487

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    That's where modders come in handy, but they're too busy making anime mods and shit.
    Exactly. That's why good mods don't exist.

Oh wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #8488
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Out of all the mods that are available for Skyrim, how many do you actually like?

I think i like about 10 maybe 20 out of over 1000.

9. Post #8489
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,526 Posts
    It's so easy to complain...

Edited:

Out of all the mods that are available for Skyrim, how many do you actually like?

I think i like about 10 maybe 20 out of over 1000.
    90% of everything is terrible, the rest is worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #8490
    March 2010
    924 Posts
    As much as I don't like Wars in Skyrim, I will admit having the avatar of a daedric god hunt the player down with it's associated weapon is badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #8491
    July 2009
    4,507 Posts
    This looks pretty nice.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12092

For some strange reason it makes me think of LOTR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #8492
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,606 Posts
    Any good werewolf mods to recommend?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #8493
    July 2009
    4,507 Posts
    Any good werewolf mods to recommend?
    I rarely play as a werewolf, but these two seem good.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=442
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5866

14. Post #8494
    March 2011
    4,071 Posts
    Oh lord sometimes this game can be scary as shit if you aren't expecting anything.

Was walking down a cliff rock with a few rocks over a river in the mining wasteland area by the exit of the abanbdoned dungeon, the battle music starts out of nowhere, I look behind me to see a cave bear rushing towards me, quickly went 'nope nope nope' and started backpedaling and ice formed it and watched as it fell off the cliff into the river and drifted away, was pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #8495
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,666 Posts
    Does anyone know of this one Oblivion dungeon mod that featured a massive dungeon right next to the Imperial City? I remember that the entrance was shaped like a giant head, and the first enemies you faced were invisible Scalon retextures in a dark-as-hell cave.

16. Post #8496
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Is there a good spear mod for Oblivion? After playing morrowind for a bit I think that may be my favorite game in the TES line, if only for the great RPG elements and amazing art direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

17. Post #8497
    March 2011
    4,071 Posts
    okay now why is there a fort filled with novice mages yet the boss can 1 hit me and has more health then a dragon with the Resilient Dragons mod on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #8498
    September 2009
    2,052 Posts
    holy shit! being a vampire is fun now!
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5863
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #8499
    April 2011
    1,452 Posts
    The best types of mods are the ridiculous ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8500
    July 2010
    926 Posts
    As much as I don't like Wars in Skyrim, I will admit having the avatar of a daedric god hunt the player down with it's associated weapon is badass
    Is wars in skyrim worth it?, I keep hearing good and bad things about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #8501
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,378 Posts
    So it's kind of annoying when I holster a staff, but it vanishes. Is there a mod to solve this?

22. Post #8502
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,348 Posts
    Feels very weird flipping between Morrowind and Skyrim. Though I will say it is able to sate my moods for different types of gameplay. Morrowind gives me the exploration and story/lore, while Skyrim gives me the more fast-paced action and sandbox. Currently joined the Tribunal Temple. Also, Ashstorms suck.

23. Post #8503
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    it's one of those everything-but-the-kitchen-sink mods
    use with caution
    also, tits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #8504
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,400 Posts
    So it's kind of annoying when I holster a staff, but it vanishes. Is there a mod to solve this?
    Sort of http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9614

Currently you have to set everything up manually yourself, but if you wait a couple of weeks I think they'll roll it out for at least the vanilla weapons.

Edited:

I use the mod that adds battlezones in it, it works similarly but with less every stuff tacked on

25. Post #8505
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    damnit still getting CTDs in specific cells
    uninstalled RWT, seems to have done the trick :/ but I liked that mod, oh well. I just hope they do a flow based water shader (official or mod) like in that video sometime

had one of the most awesome battles with a dragon i've ever had. Love that skyrim's dragon battles can still feel that way sometimes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #8506
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,602 Posts
    okay is there a mod that makes leveling up past 50 easier it takes a fucking millennium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #8507
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,666 Posts
    Dumag Gro-bonk has to be the first flamboyantly gay (or feminine?) character Bethesda has made. He's the reason I always choose preference of light armor over heavy armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #8508
    October 2009
    9,138 Posts
    My level 12 Dunmer:

"Ohey, a world wall... Because I didn't kill my first dragon, yet, there shouldn't be one!"

I was right, there was no dragon there.

...There was a fucking dragon priest.

Buuuut...

After much cowardly archery, Krosis has PERISHED!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

29. Post #8509
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    or not.
    this is starting to annoy me, I wish there was a log or something to identify what causes the CTDs

30. Post #8510
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Dumag Gro-bonk has to be the first flamboyantly gay (or feminine?) character Bethesda has made. He's the reason I always choose preference of light armor over heavy armor.
    Give her a sex change and put her in Skyrim so she can finally be beautiful.

31. Post #8511
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,666 Posts
    Give her a sex change and put her in Skyrim so she can finally be beautiful.
    BUt that removes all of the humor.

32. Post #8512
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    "Ohey, a world wall... Because I didn't kill my first dragon, yet, there shouldn't be one!"
    That doesn't make sense, Dragons don't just make the walls appear out of nowhere, Word Walls have probably been in Skyrim for hundreds of years.

33. Post #8513
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,673 Posts
    Another big update to my mod is out on both Workshop and Nexus
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=10441
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9181

Guess what this does...

34. Post #8514
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    810 Posts
    I was going after that dumbass giant stag hircine, and he always dodged my blows. I turned into a werewolf to go after him faster, but still missed the hits, then I turned back to human and was in front of Angi's Hill. then I trained with her so I could kill him with arrows rather than running around drunk and trying to hit him. and then I went back and killed that son of a bitch.
    thats all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #8515
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    I think what's causing my CTDs is my GPU getting too hot

just hit 80, it's like the fan controls aren't working properly or something..
    can't manually enable fan control because catalyst is fucked

Edited:

stupid fucking catalyst control center

Edited:

"windows installer has stopped working" fucking hell
    why does catalyst control center NEVER install correctly on 64 bit for me

36. Post #8516
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    I don't like Radeon Cards, they're way too fussy, NVidia Cards seem alot more stable with alot more things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #8517
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    for me it was the opposite, I switched to ati (damnit, keep calling them ati though they're owned by AMD now) because all my nvidia cards kept overheating after a few months of use

my last nvidia card had an idle temperature of 70 degrees...

Edited:

gonna do a complete reinstall of my gfx card drivers back to 11.9

38. Post #8518
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Mine has an Idle Temp' of 30 - 40, can handle up to 99, i never pass 80 though so i'm good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #8519
    October 2009
    9,138 Posts
    That doesn't make sense, Dragons don't just make the walls appear out of nowhere, Word Walls have probably been in Skyrim for hundreds of years.
    There shouldn't be a dragon, hence why I was so eager to go there.

40. Post #8520
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Oh right you meant a dragon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)