1. Post #12401
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,508 Posts
    Keep in mind though,    vampkid is just that - a kid. They could never get away with killing her off.   
    Fuck soccer moms.    Kids die, shit happens. If I want to kill a little kid in a video game for whatever reason I should be allowed to do it - does it mean I'd go kill a little kid out in my local grocery store? Hell no. They didn't even need to leave her charred body in a fire, they should have just had a script disable her.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

2. Post #12402
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,767 Posts
    If anyone wants to waste some time, I'm livestreaming some Skyrim, main quest stuffs.

livestream.com/jechtman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

3. Post #12403
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,939 Posts
    Fuck soccer moms.    Kids die, shit happens. If I want to kill a little kid in a video game for whatever reason I should be allowed to do it - does it mean I'd go kill a little kid out in my local grocery store? Hell no. They didn't even need to leave her charred body in a fire, they should have just had a script disable her.   
    I have nothing against it, hell I'd have liked to    kill her    myself. But the soccer moms are the problem. I do agree    keeping her alive was a bit of an oversight   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #12404
    October 2009
    9,225 Posts
       We could have just gotten Nazir saying that she ran away to escape them, or something, and ran frantically out of fear (Vampires weak to fire), and never had come back.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #12405
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,553 Posts
    I wonder what the guard is thinking...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #12406
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,174 Posts
    "What is a horker doing in Markarth..."

Edited:

"Let me guess, you stole everyone's sweetrolls..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 27Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #12407
    July 2009
    2,434 Posts
    For someone who has never made a mod (besides a new texture in tf2) how hard is it to create mods in this game with the creation tools?

8. Post #12408
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,583 Posts
    For someone who has never made a mod (besides a new texture in tf2) how hard is it to create mods in this game with the creation tools?
    Difficult.

The creation kit is extremely counterintuitive and over-complicated. (and also buggy)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #12409
    July 2009
    2,434 Posts
    Difficult.

The creation kit is extremely counterintuitive and over-complicated. (and also buggy)
    oh...That is unfortunate, well thank you for saving me some frustration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #12410
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,931 Posts
    "Are you the one stealing sweet rolls?"

Damn ninjad =(

11. Post #12411
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    oh...That is unfortunate, well thank you for saving me some frustration.
    The latest PC Gamer had a nice tutorial for making very simple mods. Haven't used the creation kit yet, but their guide made it seem quite simple to do certain things. The guide showed how to make a giant hagraven (ten times normal size), it then gave it a good amount of health and mana. It also showed you how to make it a unique NPC so only one would spawn, and how to make a quest associated with it. Nothing too professional but I can see myself having some fun with it.

I'm going to create an elite squad of giant mudcrabs. Using the posh mudcrabs and swearing mudcrab mods.

12. Post #12412
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,672 Posts
    Honestly it depends on what you want to do.

House mods are easy as hell, though it can still take plenty of time due to how unintutive and outdated the editor is. But still really easy.

New weapons, items, and other such things are a little harder, but they are very easy as long as no new art is involved.

Adding new dungions/places within the gameworld is slightly more difficult, but mostly because its much more time consuming and requires you to set up dungions with monsters, loot, etc.

Modeling/texturing is a little harder, partially because it requires a bit more artisitic skill to pull off, and partially because Beth uses really archaic formats and methods of making/applying textures and new models. Nothing crazy, you just have to jump through more hoops than you normally would.

Quest making is difficult, but pretty close to the same level of difficulty as modeling/texturing if you happen to be a little proficient and learn their quest system.

Anything involving adding new world spaces, adding terrain, etc is very difficult and requires you to use certain tools in a specific order and way in order to get it to work.

Anything you do involving gameplay mechanics, scripting, new gameplay elements or adjusting actual systems in the game is very difficult. You'll need to be very well versed in their script language, which is extremely powerful but hard to learn without prior real-world coding knowledge. You'll also have to do lots of problem solving to get what you want done, and lots of "hacky" mod-style solutions. If it's not in vanilla skyrim, it's not possible to do without scripting up or inventing your own solution to the problem using a combonation of things in the game (i.e. combining scripts, hidden magic effects, hidden perks stacked together in order to detect how much damage you dealt to something).

13. Post #12413
    July 2009
    2,434 Posts
    The latest PC Gamer had a nice tutorial for making very simple mods. Haven't used the creation kit yet, but their guide made it seem quite simple to do certain things. The guide showed how to make a giant hagraven (ten times normal size), it then gave it a good amount of health and mana. It also showed you how to make it a unique NPC so only one would spawn, and how to make a quest associated with it. Nothing too professional but I can see myself having some fun with it.

I'm going to create an elite squad of giant mudcrabs. Using the posh mudcrabs and swearing mudcrab mods.
    My Idea was (totally not lore friendly by the way) you Head up to the highest point in skyrim (Throat of the world obviously) and see an object begin to fall from the sky, as you go to investigate you find "Symbiotic life form" (Sybiotes are from the marvel universe they are aliens that bond to hosts and give them monstrous power however at the cost of the host surrendering his or her body) you would accept to bond with it and its effects would be, once you fall below a certain amount of health the symbiote would take over and give you a defense an attack buff. I guess it would work similar to the werewolves.

It sounds really dumb how I'm describing it but in my head it seems like it would be really fun, and the amount of Ancient alien jokes would be baffling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #12414
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,672 Posts
    Also anything covered by Bethesda's tutorial videos is literally as simple as following along their tutorial videos and you'll know how to do something. It's the stuff that isn't covered that is the most difficult.

15. Post #12415
    May 2011
    2,704 Posts
    The Ancient Shrouded Hood not showing in beast races, as well as the Dragonscale helmet lacking, well, the dragonscale part in Argonians quite annoys me, especially if playing without the horns are forever mod, where putting the hood in makes you go bald.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)