1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,327 Posts
    If you look closely, you might just be able to make out a motherboard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    476 Posts

you'll notice I have a stock cooler, and that's because the 8-pin cpu power from my PSU doesn't reach and I actually had to cut a notch in the cooler so that they just barely fit. yeah I could cross over the GPU's but then I was too lazy to want to install a new cooler.

Specs:
    Core i7 860 @ 3.2ghz
    8Gb PC312800 memory
    8Tb HDD space + 240Gb SSD
    2x 6870's
    P7P55D PRO

I have another build currently on the go, a quad interlagos server in a Xigmatek Elysium. I'm also going to upgrade to a 3930K when Canada decides to stock them again :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #163
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    Just realized my heatsink fan was pointing at my exhaust fan, so I switched it. Since my RAM's heatsinks are so fucking big, I had to switch slots for them. Looks so cramped now.

ugh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #164
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    I have another build currently on the go, a quad interlagos server in a Xigmatek Elysium. I'm also going to upgrade to a 3930K when Canada decides to stock them again :(
    If you're buying (those Sennheisers in the other thread jesus bro) all these things by yourself, then, you are a cool dude and I envy you.

If your parents are getting all you this though fuck you my parents were tight as fuck with money :(

5. Post #165
    I'm so tempted to just buy some HD's and stop waiting on prices since I'm running out. My capture drive (2x640 in RAID0)

Only has like 350gb left on it. Which may seem like a lot, but in a normal night of recording games, I use maybe 200-250gb. So I have to keep going back and editing up my footage instead of taking advantage of my recording time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    476 Posts
    If you're buying (those Sennheisers in the other thread jesus bro) all these things by yourself, then, you are a cool dude and I envy you.

If your parents are getting all you this though fuck you my parents were tight as fuck with money :(
    all myself.

also this is the elysium on my desk with a computer inside it to show how big this thing is:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #167
    I originally considered the Elysium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #168
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,318 Posts
    all myself.

also this is the elysium on my desk with a computer inside it to show how big this thing is:

It looks like it's about the fall off the desk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

9. Post #169

June 2011
    492 Posts
    Milky's system probabbly tops mine in terms of neatness and what not..

But honestly, I got lazy, when I built this system, I wanted to go all out, but then not having another system to work on made me furious, so I ended up just slapping everything together.

I have a bunch of MDPC-X sleeving that I haven't been able to put use... maybe I'll end up sleeving my cables when I have the time.

Here's a few older pics ( the very first morning I had the system all setup. The look has been renovated over 3 times since that )

Here's that neat picture:

But anyways heres a very ugly video i shot for fun.:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,318 Posts
    The moment i clicked that, in synced up perfectly with the exact same song playing on my radio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    January 2008
    1,247 Posts
    5 PCs in my room...

Current computer...
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    i7 2600k
    8gb DDR3
    HD6990
    128gb SSD

a silver XPS 720

a black XPS 720 case

currently under construction

a build log can be found here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1162055

And the legacy...

C2Q's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,274 Posts
    I can see you really like XPS 720 cases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

13. Post #173
    July 2006
    18 Posts

[snip]

[snip]
    My eyes went to "milk", then to the picture. I'm not sure what I thought I was looking at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    dell's xps cases are cool as shit looking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts

But honestly, I got lazy, when I built this system, I wanted to go all out, but then not having another system to work on made me furious, so I ended up just slapping everything together.

I have a bunch of MDPC-X sleeving that I haven't been able to put use... maybe I'll end up sleeving my cables when I have the time.

Here's a few older pics ( the very first morning I had the system all setup. The look has been renovated over 3 times since that )

But anyways heres a very ugly video i shot for fun.:
    Great looking system pure.Joseph! I have a soft spot for black and white themes. Did you do any mods to the 800D?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #176

June 2011
    492 Posts
    Great looking system pure.Joseph! I have a soft spot for black and white themes. Did you do any mods to the 800D?
    Yeah, my first WC build ever ( well officially, I've helped with several other AIO based WC builds of my buddies but yeah ) There's two GTX480 rads, one mounted on the back ( easy ) and one on the top, I'm using one of those 4x120 fan grills on the very top. ( I still need to cut some edges down, it's been 2 years since I first got it done, still lazy to do it )

Luckily, I finally found all my spare parts, and my dremel after the move, so maybe I'll get to it soon, It's been awhile since I re-drained and re-looped my system.

Man, if only you weren't in the UK, I'd get you to sleeve my cables, I have over 50m of black and white MDPC-X and several meters of aqua blue sleeve.

Also, do you happen to be in the "family"? I swear I saw your work on XS & the family before :)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Yeah, my first WC build ever ( well officially, I've helped with several other AIO based WC builds of my buddies but yeah ) There's two GTX480 rads, one mounted on the back ( easy ) and one on the top, I'm using one of those 4x120 fan grills on the very top. ( I still need to cut some edges down, it's been 2 years since I first got it done, still lazy to do it )

Luckily, I finally found all my spare parts, and my dremel after the move, so maybe I'll get to it soon, It's been awhile since I re-drained and re-looped my system.

Man, if only you weren't in the UK, I'd get you to sleeve my cables, I have over 50m of black and white MDPC-X and several meters of aqua blue sleeve.

Also, do you happen to be in the "family"? I swear I saw your work on XS & the family before :)
    Yea I'm in the Family, I have my worklogs in there although I'm not very active on there anymore, I never posted my logs on XS but I have posted the odd picture in threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #178

June 2011
    492 Posts
    Yea I'm in the Family, I have my worklogs in there although I'm not very active on there anymore, I never posted my logs on XS but I have posted the odd picture in threads.
    Awesome. I'm thinking about finalizing this build once and for all, shall I record some videos and post pics of the progress? haha.

19. Post #179
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,962 Posts
    whats all this family talk?
    is milky in the mafia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180

June 2011
    492 Posts
    whats all this family talk?
    is milky in the mafia
    You would know if you bought MDPC-X sleeving :)

21. Post #181
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts

Only "good" picture I have of my computer right now.

I'll probably take some better ones tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,016 Posts
    What kind of PSU did you use Makol?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #183
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts
    Corsair GS800.

Just got it today.

24. Post #184
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,016 Posts
    I mean the one that wrecked your previous PC, that sounded nasty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #185
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts
    I mean the one that wrecked your previous PC, that sounded nasty
    OH.

That was an Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750.

26. Post #186
    August 2010
    2,071 Posts

Only "good" picture I have of my computer right now.

I'll probably take some better ones tomorrow.
    Same case, I can't wait to actually put shit into it though.

27. Post #187

June 2011
    492 Posts
    OH.

That was an Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750.
    Wait, what happened to his old pc? PSU took it? You have a surge protector right? ( A good one at that, not some cheap power strip )

28. Post #188
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts
    Wait, what happened to his old pc? PSU took it? You have a surge protector right? ( A good one at that, not some cheap power strip )
    Yeah.

It was just a bad power supply.

29. Post #189
    August 2009
    9,341 Posts
    Same case, I can't wait to actually put shit into it though.
    People shitting in PCs

Now i've heard everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #190

June 2011
    492 Posts
    Yeah.

It was just a bad power supply.
    :( That is why I avoid antec PSU's at all cost now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    :( That is why I avoid antec PSU's at all cost now.
    except most of antec's PSUs are fine
    why are you basing your opinion of an entire brand on the outcome of a single example of a single product they make, in a market where DOA or otherwise faulty products are well known to exist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    August 2010
    2,071 Posts
    People shitting in PCs

Now i've heard everything.
    Shit would give me more power than my current build

33. Post #193
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    I installed a fan controller today, I'd like to think my efforts at managing it's cables succeeded though.

I might need to start considering a new case though because man I love the 690, but it's pretty hard on my cables.

ALso apologies for my phone camera because it normally looks like this
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23046558/Pho...2017.03.52.png

34. Post #194
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    best you can do with a 692 tbh

(this is old, as in 4890 CF old)

Edited:

that's a 690? da fuck I thought they didn't have a black interior

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,245 Posts
    lol who cares about cable tidyness on the back, it just makes it harder to add more cables later on (and make those look neat too).

just put the door on and forget about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

36. Post #196
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    that's a 690? da fuck I thought they didn't have a black interior
    the later production model ones do

Edited:

just put the door on and forget about it
    lol I have to put my PC on the floor and use my feet to secure the bottom half whilst I use my hands and to secure the top half and close it already.

37. Post #197
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts
    Better pictures. I guess.

38. Post #198
    August 2009
    9,341 Posts
    And then a HDD platter shatters while spinning.

39. Post #199
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts
    And then a HDD platter shatters while spinning.

And after that my 6870s start to shoot fire out of the exhaust grills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #200
    August 2009
    9,341 Posts
    And after that my 6870s start to shoot fire out of the exhaust grills.
    And then your power supply violently explodes destroying nearly every...

wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)