1. Post #4281
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,052 Posts
    I'll try it again I suppose. Which do you suggest, family business or stock?
    Personally I use the Family Business. More room for error should you miss a shot or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #4282
    April 2012
    5,292 Posts
    Which is 90% of why people say it.
    For a very brief period of time I used to play on STAR's TF2 server, this was around a year ago. It was literally the only place where each side would type out a mutual GG at the end of the round. It was pretty good.

I played there a little while later. Nearly the entire player base had it in their mind that they we're in the ESEA finals and everything was serious. I had one instance where a soldier walked out of a building he was healing me in and then actually screamed at me for not ubering him.

On another occasion, I managed to out needle gun the other teams medic and auto balance him. He was so goddamn pissed for the rest of the round.

Fucking comp players man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #4283
    July 2009
    2,434 Posts
    For a very brief period of time I used to play on STAR's TF2 server, this was around a year ago. It was literally the only place where each side would type out a mutual GG at the end of the round. It was pretty good.

I played there a little while later. Nearly the entire player base had it in their mind that they we're in the ESEA finals and everything was serious. I had one instance where a soldier walked out of a building he was healing me in and then actually screamed at me for not ubering him.

On another occasion, I managed to out needle gun the other teams medic and auto balance him. He was so goddamn pissed for the rest of the round.

I can understand that medic's plight, There's nothing, NOTHING, I hate more in tf2 than auto-balance. Random crits are a close second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #4284
    April 2012
    5,292 Posts
    I can understand that medic's plight, There's nothing, NOTHING, I hate more in tf2 than auto-balance. Random crits are a close second.
    Everybody can, although in this case he took it personally and shot a few personal insults my way after the fact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

5. Post #4285
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts

And all of them uses Puff'n'sting, and nearly 99.9% of things that only pub players use. If you want to play comp, use vanilla weapons. Except Equalizer and Medic unlocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4286
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    People who waste the money on a name/description tag to put it on a weapon and/or hat only to reference mlp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

7. Post #4287
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,052 Posts
    People who waste the money on a name/description tag to put it on a weapon and/or hat only to reference mlp
    Pretty much this.

I could understand naming it if say, there was a hammer in an episode and you named a Homewrecker after the hammer's name (if it even had one for some reason).

But if you just call it "Pinkie Pie's Hammer of Sapper Removal", that's just horrendous.

To be honest, I've seen even worse than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

8. Post #4288
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    And the worst of all, the ones that name themselves after the show and use some of the shittiest weapons of the game, and if you call them out on it, they go "lol love and tolerate xdddd"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #4289
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    People who fucking do this

If you're willing to pay exactly what I want, just bloody add me for god's sake.

This happens to me all the time. I always notice too late and they've already gone and traded someone else for it. Is it really so difficult to add people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #4290
    May 2011
    6,317 Posts
    well, sometimes you get the "YOU DIDN'T LEAVE AN OFFER, UNFRIENDED BLOCKED, CONDEMNED TO HELL, FUCKED IN THE ASS" types.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #4291
    February 2011
    192 Posts
    I usually just put "feel free to add me" or something similar in the notes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #4292
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    I usually just put "feel free to add me" or something similar in the notes.
    I do that sometimes, but now I think I'm going to do something like that in all my trades.

In other news the guy above, despite already having a Sydney Sleeper, thus leading me to believe I was too late, still traded me for it. Huh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #4293
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,338 Posts
    Here's a prime example.
    http://www.tf2items.com/item/774222583
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #4294
    January 2011
    2,462 Posts
    >honour

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4295
    May 2011
    6,317 Posts
    WELL?
    What ABOUT my guest of honour?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #4296
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,248 Posts
    -snip - failed so bad - snip-

I have a weapon like that. It was my guilty pleasure that I will never use outside of piss-around servers ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #4297

May 2012
    11 Posts
    In no particular order:

-The fact that the weapon the Medic uses 90 percent of the time is his secondary weapon.

-The fact that the player has to press two keys an click the mouse in order to construct a building and another two keys to destruct it. Meanwhile there are two more weapon slots so that when I want to get to my shotgun from my wrench, I can't just scroll one mousewheel click downwards like almost every other class. This was the biggest reason that I never wanted to play engineer when I was a noob. It is further exacerbated by the fact that it is so easily solved by writing a couple of really simple scripts.

-The fact that I will never be able to afford a strange Kritzkrieg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4298
    May 2011
    6,317 Posts
    Here's an idea:
    An Engie shotgun that destroys buildings when you shoot them.
    Upside could be a damage buff (as well as not having to scroll to the destruct tool), downside is that you can't destroy your buildings from afar (so if you want to say rebuild a teleporter to move your gear up, you have to destroy it manually) and you might accidentally destroy your building when spy-checking.
    If it needs to be balanced further, you could make it so that whatever level the building is is the amount of shots it takes to destroy the building (ie. 1 shot for level 1/mini, 2 shots for level 2, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #4299
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,039 Posts
    -The fact that the weapon the Medic uses 90 percent of the time is his secondary weapon.
    I don't see how this is a problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

20. Post #4300
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    I just emptied an entire Blutsauger clip towards an enemy who was literally directly in front of me, I was bumping into him for practically the whole time I was firing

Not a single needle hit.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #4301
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,248 Posts
    Blasting someone full of fire and they just seemingly walk through it without catching fire.
    10/10 phlog is the main culprit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #4302
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    6,880 Posts
    People always think my Sydney Sleeper is an mlp reference, and it isn't
    apparently the word friendship anywhere is INSTANTLY an obvious reference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #4303
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,248 Posts
    People always think my Sydney Sleeper is an mlp reference, and it isn't
    apparently the word friendship anywhere is INSTANTLY an obvious reference
    Judging by your profile here, uh, I can understand that connection....
    But yeah, know what ya mean. My DP is Fluttershy (inb4 massive feget) and every so often I get a chorus of "BROHOOF LOL LOL".
    Why can't I just enjoy having nice things?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #4304
    September 2011
    6,880 Posts
    Judging by your profile here, uh, I can understand that connection....
    But yeah, know what ya mean. My DP is Fluttershy (inb4 massive feget) and every so often I get a chorus of "BROHOOF LOL LOL".
    Why can't I just enjoy having nice things?
    If they took an actual look at the Sleeper and didn't just key straight off the word friendship it's obvious it isn't a reference though.

Most of the time noone mentions the avatar and such, which is so much better. I draw, and my current spray is something I did. I get compliments on it from time to time, which is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #4305

November 2011
    63 Posts
    If they took an actual look at the Sleeper and didn't just key straight off the word friendship it's obvious it isn't a reference though.

Most of the time noone mentions the avatar and such, which is so much better. I draw, and my current spray is something I did. I get compliments on it from time to time, which is awesome.
    I think you can't name something "magical rifle of friendship" without making people think about "friendship is magic". Plus your avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #4306
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,248 Posts

-snip snip snip, failed again, what the above guy said-
    I can understand it further now but yeah, people that bring up MLP are the peak of irritating, right up there with the "You rustled bro? You got rustled jimmies" spammers.

27. Post #4307
    September 2011
    6,880 Posts
    I think you can't name something "magical rifle of friendship" without making people think about "friendship is magic". Plus your avatar.
    IT'S A PISS JOKE DAMNIT :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #4308
    July 2009
    5,409 Posts
    People who lack common fucking sense. Come on, you just watched a teammate walk around a corner, heard a sentry fire, then saw their goddamned corpse fly back and hit the wall. Don't you think maybe it's not a good idea to go around that corner without backup?

Oh and pony sprays. But I have this spray so it makes them all hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4309
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,338 Posts
    I just emptied an entire Blutsauger clip towards an enemy who was literally directly in front of me, I was bumping into him for practically the whole time I was firing

Not a single needle hit.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN
    Needle lag and arcing. Takes a bit of getting used to. That or you have bad aim/he was laggy. :V

30. Post #4310
    Maxime Lebled
    Dennab
    December 2010
    12,749 Posts
    >honour

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH
    He could be British.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #4311
    March 2009
    461 Posts
    People who lack common fucking sense. Come on, you just watched a teammate walk around a corner, heard a sentry fire, then saw their goddamned corpse fly back and hit the wall. Don't you think maybe it's not a good idea to go around that corner without backup?

Oh and pony sprays. But I have this spray so it makes them all hilarious.
    Regarding the spray.
    The kind of people who gets pissed as shit when someone use a spray like this annoys me. For example this one guy with a pony spray had a spray of M. Bison throwing up so it was on it.
    Holy shit did he get upset, like not just a little thing in the chat or anything like that. The entire server were going to hear how upset he was with the "defiling" of his favorite pony.

Seriously, I have my pony sprays and when something like yours here is placed by it I just find it even funnier, if you atleast do something more creative than wasting five minutes shooting it I'm cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #4312

May 2012
    11 Posts
    I don't see how this is a problem
    Because when I (re)spawn and there are allies in the resupply room, I don't want to shoot weak projectiles at them, I want to heal them. For every other class, their primary weapon is something a sane player with their default loadout might want to use as they are coming out of the respawn area. It's a small complaint, but I think it is a legitimate problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

33. Post #4313
    Regarding the spray.
    The kind of people who gets pissed as shit when someone use a spray like this annoys me. For example this one guy with a pony spray had a spray of M. Bison throwing up so it was on it.
    Holy shit did he get upset, like not just a little thing in the chat or anything like that. The entire server were going to hear how upset he was with the "defiling" of his favorite pony.

Seriously, I have my pony sprays and when something like yours here is placed by it I just find it even funnier, if you atleast do something more creative than wasting five minutes shooting it I'm cool.
    Spray of M. Bison throwing up? Do want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #4314
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,039 Posts
    Because when I (re)spawn and there are allies in the resupply room, I don't want to shoot weak projectiles at them, I want to heal them. For every other class, their primary weapon is something a sane player with their default loadout might want to use as they are coming out of the respawn area. It's a small complaint, but I think it is a legitimate problem.
    You can make it so when you respawn, you respawn with the last weapon you were last holding, if that's what you're complaining about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

35. Post #4315
    RPG
    January 2010
    851 Posts
    I am doing good as a Spy.
    People on the server think they can do the same.

Five Spies.

And two of them were Medics pocketing a Heavy...

And we lost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #4316
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    -snip-
    God dammit Hyper :<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #4317
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,093 Posts
    IT'S A PISS JOKE DAMNIT :c
    'friendship is golden/yellow/liquid/all over you' is a piss joke that dates to before mlp.
    'magical rifle of friendship' is a reference.

I am annoyed by the name of this weapon.
    I am also annoyed by the description of this hat.
    http://tf2b.com/item/76561198035334556/793367815
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #4318
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    fffffffff why do I keep on getting ninja'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #4319
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,687 Posts
    'friendship is golden/yellow/liquid/all over you' is a piss joke that dates to before mlp.
    'magical rifle of friendship' is a reference.

I am annoyed by the name of this weapon.
    I am also annoyed by the description of this hat.
    http://tf2b.com/item/76561198035334556/793367815
    Actually the exact transliteration would be The the boss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Italy Show Events

40. Post #4320
    March 2009
    461 Posts
    Spray of M. Bison throwing up? Do want.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21031804/BisonVomit.vtf
    There you are, got it from gamebanana but can't seem to find it again. I'll keep it in my public folder for a while, just for you(and anyone else interested).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)