1. Post #4521
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,914 Posts
    I've met quite a few comp players, and it seems like the TRUE professionals are usually not douches, but the lower tiers of comp players have a serious case of unwarranted self importance.

Basically the same as people on console that feel like the master race because they play gamebattles. It doesn't matter if they lose, they play comp so they are better than you by default!
    That annoys me. People who probably get destroyed on tf2lobby that act like every match is some sort of ESEA-I match and makes excuses for every damn death or loss they get in a pub, and is very often seen with a personal buttmedic that refuses to heal anyone else because they're scrubz!!!

It's kind of ironic to see someone go all "lolol u pub scrubz r so bad stop playing" while struggling to stay afloat in that very same pub
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #4522
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,041 Posts
    yeah I don't understand why comp players are fun-hating dicks I mean listen to how miserable everyone seems during this game:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #4523
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,914 Posts
    Please note I personally never implied all comp players are dicks.
    It's a vocal minority that gives them the reputation of being NO FUN ALLOWED people and it would be ignorant to not acknowledge that.

My point at least was: That vocal minority annoys me, partially because I simply despise vocal minorities that gives groups a bad name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #4524
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,546 Posts
    Why is it tryhard to pick the class you're best at? And why does this only apply to competitive players?
    Tbh, comp players are fine with me

Gives me a nice challenge, feels REWARDING when I kill them!

Tho the douchey "jock" type ones piss me off. They go on valve servers getting all frustrated and mad at f2pers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4525
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    Reminds me of the time I was playing a mario cart server, for old times sake. There was this one wanna-be pro soldier on the enemy team, and I was scout (Dont play scout often, like i've said before) So I was running around, killing snipers/everything, doing pretty good, when I dominate this soldier and he grabs his little microphone. "Oh yeah, running around shooting people takes lots of skill" (Says the soldier ). He continues accusing me of being horrible at the game even though Ive been dominating him for the past 15 minutes.

Then he left and I laughed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #4526
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,259 Posts
    if you see a "comp player" that is nothing but a sack of trouble and gets wiped all over the floor, it's not actually a "comp player". There are other names for these people.

most of the actually good folk don't say a word and probably won't even play on your favorite server anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #4527
    May 2012
    327 Posts
    if you see a "comp player" that is nothing but a sack of trouble and gets wiped all over the floor, it's not actually a "comp player". There are other names for these people.

most of the actually good folk don't say a word and probably won't even play on your favorite server anyway.
    A fair number of skilled players play on the servers I frequent. Besides, even pro comp. players enjoy a good pubstomp every now and again.

8. Post #4528
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Why is it tryhard to pick the class you're best at? And why does this only apply to competitive players?
    Never said it only applys to competitive players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

9. Post #4529
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,057 Posts
    You know what's try-hard in my book? Disabling viewmodels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #4530
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Why is that try hard? It only frees your view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

11. Post #4531
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    that's pretty reasonable if you have autoreload on because some weapons literally take up the entire screen in their animation (cough revolver cough)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4532
    April 2011
    8,329 Posts
    Well, if I were to disable viewmodels, I'd also make all world textures plain grey, and use custom player models that would be practically visualised hitboxes. If I'm shooting an invisible gun, screw common sense, we're going full tryhard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Zing Zing x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4533
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,041 Posts
    I only turn viewmodels off when playing Scout (helps my aim a ton) but otherwise I use viewmodel_fov 100

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

14. Post #4534
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Ew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

15. Post #4535
    April 2012
    5,348 Posts
    I like playing with viewmodels off.

Whenever I hit somebody with my melee I feel like I've punched them out.

I also prefer it when I use the Direct Hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

16. Post #4536
    May 2012
    327 Posts

Engineers that think it'll be a barrel of fun to make two sentries next to each other.

Edited: Or I could be a dumbass, that's cool too.

Edited: Oh god I am not good with computer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #4537

Too lazy to make it tinier, so sorry about the page extension. Basically, engineers that think it'll be a barrel of fun to make two sentries next to each other.

Edited: Or I could be a dumbass, that's cool too.
    Well, you can always use [t][/t ] instead of img tags to make your images smaller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #4538
    May 2012
    327 Posts
    Well, you can always use [t][/t ] instead of img tags to make your images smaller.
    Did not know that, thanks. Fun Fact: In that picture, there was a third sentry just out of view. If I remember correctly, it was right next to the other two until its engineer picked it up.

19. Post #4539
    Some player said to me in chat just now actually
    "Choco, stop play-harding"
    "You're not good"
    I then procceeded to crit him in the face with my reserve shooter, damn Scout.

He was obviously a comp player, every comp player I've met ingame are arses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #4540
    May 2011
    6,633 Posts
    I hate how some of the paint is just a TINY bit off from what I want.

Like, I really want them to have a purple paint that is halfway between the Purple we have and Pink as Hell, just so I can paint my Professor's Pineapple. Shit'd look amazing all glowy and bright purple, but the color looks so muted, I'm afraid it'd just blend into everything else.

Gotta say, it looks pretty good in Lime though (and it makes sense, considering it's meant to be radioactive glowing science fluid).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4541
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,245 Posts

Seriously. The fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 30 (list)

22. Post #4542
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,957 Posts
    Tbh, comp players are fine with me

Gives me a nice challenge, feels REWARDING when I kill them!
    Depends, there are good competitive players and there are bad ones too. The medic in my team played his first competitive match after just one hour of playing TF2, and by that point he most likely wasn't that good.

It would be equally rewarding to kill a good pub player. Sometimes I meet pub players that completely dominates me, and when I check if they play competitively, it turns out they don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

23. Post #4543
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    No one will trade me a rocket jumper, even if I have two reclaimed for it, and I have already tried trade servers.

Trade servers are god awful. I joined one that was trade_minecraft_b38(?), and they said "No killing friendlies in the nether room or kick" and anybody with a half of a brain followed it. And even though like 3 people wouldn't follow, they didn't kick them at all after people had repeatedly said to kick the people who didn't follow what the admin said. Since I was fed up with it, I said it was a horrible server with idiot admins that didn't fuck all about the people killing "friendlies", and left.

So yeah, fuck trade servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #4544
    Slayer of long titles
    March 2011
    1,367 Posts
    No one will trade me a rocket jumper, even if I have two reclaimed for it, and I have already tried trade servers.

Trade servers are god awful. I joined one that was trade_minecraft_b38(?), and they said "No killing friendlies in the nether room or kick" and anybody with a half of a brain followed it. And even though like 3 people wouldn't follow, they didn't kick them at all after people had repeatedly said to kick the people who didn't follow what the admin said. Since I was fed up with it, I said it was a horrible server with idiot admins that didn't fuck all about the people killing "friendlies", and left.

So yeah, fuck trade servers
    Just go the the Mann. Co Store, find it and click "Try it out". You get the weapon for free for a whole week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #4545
    Top 2hu
    October 2010
    654 Posts
    I only turn viewmodels off when playing Scout (helps my aim a ton) but otherwise I use viewmodel_fov 100

casuals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 35Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4546
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,403 Posts
    Someone just linked this on my profile.

:l
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #4547
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    33,182 Posts
    Looks like someone has been charging a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4548
    Waluigi Time!
    July 2011
    5,809 Posts
    "Whew, I'm glad that map was over...I hope it doesn't get voted again in the rotation."

xxpwnubitchxx has called a vote: Change map to cp_the_map_we_just_went_on_last_round?

*80% say yes*

Success! Changing map...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #4549
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,410 Posts
    Ϟ Trixxter: yes?
    Jesusinho: hi
    Jesusinho: hey friend
    Jesusinho: you sell your miscs and bmco?
    Ϟ Trixxter: err no
    Jesusinho: what?
    Jesusinho: why no
    Ϟ Trixxter: because they're mine
    Jesusinho: im buying hats and miscs and paints
    Jesusinho: and you got a bmco
    Ϟ Trixxter: well unless you're paying very well, its a no
    Jesusinho: you dont want trade your bmco?
    Ϟ Trixxter: how much are you offering
    Jesusinho: for him?
    Jesusinho: i need know the price of it
    Ϟ Trixxter: ..so you dont even know the prices yet you want to buy them
    Jesusinho: yes
    Jesusinho: sorry,i forgot
    Ϟ Trixxter: the BMOC alone is 10 keys
    Jesusinho added Saxton Hale Mask
    Jesusinho: acept that xD ?

He then proceeded to abuse me non stop in the server over the mic to either give him my BMOC or trade it for a saxton hale mask. Eventually 5 mins in (well after I muted him) he was perma-banned. Still pretty annoying though, I ain't selling my sexy spy outfit. (Bmoc, white spats + Dr Whoa)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #4550
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    I hate how little kids say "dont kill me plz, im freidnly" on Arena (Saxton Hale) and then rage when you do kill them.
    Saying "dont kill me" isnt going to help you at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #4551
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,250 Posts
    I hate how little kids say "dont kill me plz, im freidnly" on Arena (Saxton Hale) and then rage when you do kill them.
    Saying "dont kill me" isnt going to help you at all
    "Plz"
    Full stop.
    "Oh I'm poor and can't afford anything, can I have your weapons PLZ, I want your attention but can't be bothered typing out a few more letters."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #4552
    September 2011
    5,387 Posts

Peeve #1: Lazy Engineers who leave their Dispensers right at the spawns.

They sit there with their Sentries, which also happen to be at the spawns expecting every Harry Heavy and Sally Spy to waltz by dead. Clearly, the concept of placing Dispensers somewhere useful is out of the question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #4553
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts

Peeve #1: Lazy Engineers who leave their Dispensers right at the spawns.

They sit there with their Sentries, which also happen to be at the spawns expecting every Harry Heavy and Sally Spy to waltz by dead. Clearly, the concept of placing Dispensers somewhere useful is out of the question.
    I love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

34. Post #4554
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #4555
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,914 Posts
    I'm sorry but that engie gets me every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #4556
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    33,182 Posts
    He was later hired by Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #4557
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,350 Posts
    Whenever someone is on the final point, no-one thinks it's a good idea to stand on the point. Instead they just stand still and shoot from he other side of the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4558
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,250 Posts
    Whenever someone is on the final point, no-one thinks it's a good idea to stand on the point. Instead they just stand still and shoot from he other side of the map.
    Oh no! Enemy team is on point! It's okay! I'll just reload my stickybomb launcher while they cap. Wait! I'll just spam grenades! How did they dodge it! Well, as a powerhouse of melee, how will I do this! I know! I'll get into a position where I might be able to taunt kill them around a corner! LOL!

Every tiem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4559
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    loadout

the fucking loadout going down

Oh, you want to use your damn weapons that counter that guy's phlog or stupid-ass frying pan?

"Fuck you! You don't get jack shit, use default faggot"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #4560
    October 2011
    799 Posts
    Waiting for meet the pyro.

Just...IT'S TIME, IT'S DONE.

WHY CAN'T WE SEE IT?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)