1. Post #5481
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,408 Posts
    since when do servers mean anything?

most people look for the best pings and nothing else.
    It's a well known fact that Valve servers are full of new players. And it's very common that more experienced players join these server so that they can fool themselves in to thinking that they are actually good at the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #5482
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    It's a well known fact that Valve servers are full of new players. And it's very common that more experienced players join these server so that they can fool themselves in to thinking that they are actually good at the game.
    I once went playing there with friends on Hightower. They spent a nice sum of time complaining about their team in Finnish (one almost got kicked), I called them to "be nice boys and complain about your team in a language that people can understand or shut up" and we left after 10 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #5483
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,108 Posts
    That only means these people will inevitably face players of their own kind, resulting in a hint of balance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #5484
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,408 Posts
    That only means these people will inevitably face players of their own kind, resulting in a hint of balance.
    I would estimate that maybe 90% of all the players that join these server are relatively new to the game, so the more experienced players will still have a rather easy time killing other players on that server. And it's not that uncommon that they also bring friends to help them out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #5485
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,191 Posts
    I don't walk around with my DR because it always leads to me getting shot exactly one attosecond before I take it down, leading to an emberassing instant decloak and prompt death.
    I mostly walk around with it up when enemies aren't around, because it prevent death from Snipers, backstabs, and random critical projectiles from nowhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #5486
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,408 Posts
    I mostly walk around with it when I'm not fully aware what's in my surroundings, if I'm walking around corners, or if manage to fool someone with disguises.

But recently I've stopped using the Dead Ringer, the normal watch fits my playstyle better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #5487
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts
    I would estimate that maybe 90% of all the players that join these server are relatively new to the game, so the more experienced players will still have a rather easy time killing other players on that server. And it's not that uncommon that they also bring friends to help them out.
    I only play on Valve servers when all the servers I normally play on (FUN-Gineers, a private server for a bunch of people I know, etc) are full/empty

This happens more often than you'd think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #5488
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,408 Posts
    Well I played a good 15 hours on some Valve servers when I came back to the game after a long period of not playing. And I saw some players with strange weapons/hats/unusuals but they weren't very common at all, I never saw more than 4 of those players in the same game.

9. Post #5489
    May 2011
    6,279 Posts
    I only play on Valve servers when all the servers I normally play on (FUN-Gineers, a private server for a bunch of people I know, etc) are full/empty

This happens more often than you'd think.
    Damn straight, that was the FIRST community I was in!
    Now I'm in CFGU, but I still hang around the FUN-Gineer server whenever the CFGU ones are empty.
    Nice guys there.

10. Post #5490
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,408 Posts
    I've never really cared about server communities, but I commonly play on the Rocket Blast servers because I get very good ping on them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5491
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    I've never seen any kinda community on any Australian servers. I'd love to have a server chain like what FUNGineers and others sound like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #5492
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,707 Posts
    He's playing on a valve server, so yes he is a tryhard.
    I play on Valve servers sometimes. That makes me a tryhard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #5493
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,408 Posts
    I play on Valve servers sometimes. That makes me a tryhard?
    Not necessarily, but some experienced players who play on valve servers are tryhards, and the one that B-Rabbit described sounds like one of them.

14. Post #5494
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,428 Posts
    -snip-

15. Post #5495
    June 2012
    2,090 Posts
    Well, I just went on a server that is the crappiest I've played in my 800 hours of TF2.
    It even surpasses NightTeam and WonkaGaming and Saings.
    Let's just list all the facts about it:

- 24/7 2fort.
    - Bots.
    - Ads.
    - All donators/admins are invincible against 90 percent off all attacks, damage goes back to the attacker, and gives them a free kill in most cases, unless the kill should have insta-killed the donator.
    - The admin is the biggest douche ever. He keeps bragging about how everyone else without preminum benefits is rubbish because they keep getting slayed upon attacking a donator/admin.
    - Furthermore, he would not shut up ever about his farmed 1 million kills stranges, and is incredibly rasistic against people trying to kill him, calling them out on everything.
    - He talks in 9gag language, because he thinks it actually angers people.
    - He says he is pro because he has clocked more than 6000 hours, yet he still plays only on his server with godmode on because he is a really sore loser. I think even that he is afraid to go to Valve servers.
    - He has an incredible band of kiss-ups. Of course, also all with godmode on.
    - Oh, and he likes to insult others on their profiles.

So, I went to the epitome of shit in TF2.
    Just remember that for every bad server, there is even a worse one somewhere out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

16. Post #5496
    July 2007
    13,707 Posts
    Well, I just went on a server that is the crappiest I've played in my 800 hours of TF2.

- 24/7 2fort.
    - Bots.
    - Ads.
    - All donators/admins are invincible against 90 percent off all attacks, damage goes back to the attacker, and gives them a free kill in most cases, unless the kill should have insta-killed the donator.
    - The admin is the biggest douche ever. He keeps bragging about how everyone else without preminum benefits is rubbish because they keep getting slayed upon attacking a donator/admin.
    - Furthermore, he would not shut up ever about his farmed 1 million kills stranges, and is incredibly rasistic against people trying to kill him, calling them out on everything.
    - He says he is pro because he has clocked more than 6000 hours, yet he still plays only on his server with godmode on because he is a really sore loser. I think even that he is afraid to go to Valve servers.

Just remember that for every bad server, there is even a worse one somewhere out there.
    Do you have the IP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #5497
    June 2012
    2,090 Posts
    Do you have the IP?
    Yeah, should I PM you, as I am not sure if I may post it openly.
    Otherwise, I will post it here.

EDIT:
    Well, to avoid a accedential pageking, I will post the IP and the admins profile here.
    IP: 173.230.140.72:27015
    Admin: http://steamcommunity.com/id/scammer

For the full expirience, wait untill that twat is on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #5498
    July 2007
    13,707 Posts
    Post it, I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to try and piss off the admin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #5499
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,829 Posts
    What's so bad about Wonka?

I've played on their servers a few times, I didn't really care for the people playing on it, but that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #5500
    September 2009
    534 Posts
    I still haven't got my Robot Chicken hat. Like really, the promotion is over, and I signed up on June 22nd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #5501
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,353 Posts
    I still haven't got my Robot Chicken hat. Like really, the promotion is over, and I signed up on June 22nd.
    Bug the shit out of them, it worked for me. (Take a screenshot of proof that you signed up the 22nd too)

22. Post #5502
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,528 Posts

- 24/7 2fort.
    - Bots.
    - Ads.

Anyone knows if valve takes action against such players and that kind of admin behaviour?

23. Post #5503
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Anyone knows if valve takes action against such players and that kind of admin behaviour?
    they can't, all the servers are third party so they can do whatever they want with them

24. Post #5504
    July 2007
    13,707 Posts

EDIT:
    Well, to avoid a accedential pageking, I will post the IP and the admins profile here.
    IP: 173.230.140.72:27015
    Admin: http://steamcommunity.com/id/scammer

For the full expirience, wait untill that twat is on.
    Hahahah he's such a tryhard. He can't be serious. This is satire, right?

This kid got trolled on our servers for being a furfag and thought I was using godmode and other hacks when all I did was reversed his damage: http://i.imgur.com/Z63ti.png
    Towards you I assume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

25. Post #5505
    May 2011
    6,279 Posts
    I've never seen any kinda community on any Australian servers. I'd love to have a server chain like what FUNGineers and others sound like.
       The Steam Cutters.   
       C'mon guys, let's do it, it's SUCH A GOOD IDEA.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #5506
    June 2010
    795 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #5507
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,353 Posts
    Those aren't in the game though, and I don't understand some of whats circled.

28. Post #5508
    June 2010
    795 Posts
    Those aren't in the game though, and I don't understand some of whats circled.
    Most of the popular submissions in the workshop are "ideas" instead of actual models, and one of the top submissions is a mask from Crash Bandicoot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #5509
    April 2012
    5,283 Posts
    To be fair, I see little to nothing wrong with people submitting fixes to the workshop, like the critglows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

30. Post #5510
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,422 Posts
    TF2 in fucking general. Every fucking little thing gets me FUCKING MAD AS FUCK. GOD DAMMIT. IT PISSES ME OFF THAT TF2 PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH.

IT'S SO FUCKING ADDICTING, TOO, SO IT'S LIKE A FUCKING VICIOUS CYCLE.

1. PLAY GAME WITH HIGH HOPES THAT YOU WON'T GET MAD THIS TIME.
    2. GET KILLED/DOMINATED BY SOME FAGGOT.
    3. GET MAD AS FUCK AND TRASH MY ROOM AGAIN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

31. Post #5511
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    TF2 in fucking general. Every fucking little thing gets me FUCKING MAD AS FUCK. GOD DAMMIT. IT PISSES ME OFF THAT TF2 PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH.

IT'S SO FUCKING ADDICTING, TOO, SO IT'S LIKE A FUCKING VICIOUS CYCLE.

1. PLAY GAME WITH HIGH HOPES THAT YOU WON'T GET MAD THIS TIME.
    2. GET KILLED/DOMINATED BY SOME FAGGOT.
    3. GET MAD AS FUCK AND TRASH MY ROOM AGAIN.
    My story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5512
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,191 Posts
    To be fair, I see little to nothing wrong with people submitting fixes to the workshop, like the critglows.
    If it's actual fixes they should definitely be acceptable, but there's also plenty of things that are just ideas on how to fix things without any actual content. I really think the Workshop should have some sort of things that prevents people from submitting unless they attach actual content that can be used in the game (if such a thing does not already exist).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #5513
    June 2012
    2,090 Posts
    Hahahah he's such a tryhard. He can't be serious. This is satire, right?

Towards you I assume.
    Well, it seems he was still hurt about a TF2 forum ban I may have caused.
    It was about the time of the Great Contributor Hack, and in short, he was being an insensemtive prick in general, laughing about everyone who was hacked because of their fandoms, I told him to gent bent, freaky fish guy, he flipped his shit as usual, and promptly insulted everyone on the forums, he got banned and got never over it. The end.

Reserving damage is a prick move too, didn't even know it was possible.
    Still, he is not satire, he practically glees with joy everytime he dominates someone, most likely by some admin abuse. You know, the behavior of a sterotypically CoD kiddie, but grown up in the physical sense.
    And even Tommy Wisenau is more audible than him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #5514
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,371 Posts
    I find people being afk annoying. Especially for the duration of the game and they don't get kicked.
    The lack of team work.
    Or when I've joined a game and the opposite team is kicking ass because the team I've joined had no defense. So I'll go be an engy and set up a nice defense. Then all of a sudden 2 extra people decide to be an engy as well and set up right next to me. And during that time our team still loses because there was no real teamwork and there would be too many spies and snipers that aren't very good. Especially spies who just stay cloaked for the duration of the match. Or people who should be out in the front stay at the back with us and don't really push forward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

35. Post #5515
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,353 Posts
    I find people being afk annoying. Especially for the duration of the game and they don't get kicked.
    The lack of team work.
    Or when I've joined a game and the opposite team is kicking ass because the team I've joined had no defense. So I'll go be an engy and set up a nice defense. Then all of a sudden 2 extra people decide to be an engy as well and set up right next to me. And during that time our team still loses because there was no real teamwork and there would be too many spies and snipers that aren't very good. Especially spies who just stay cloaked for the duration of the match. Or people who should be out in the front stay at the back with us and don't really push forward.
    This is why I only really play VSH, I can go loner without the game turning terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #5516
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,371 Posts
    This is why I only really play VSH, I can go loner without the game turning terrible.
    Sounds like a fun server. Where would I find it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

37. Post #5517
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,577 Posts

it happened again you guys

seriously I wish they would respond
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

38. Post #5518
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,319 Posts
    They join to pubstomp not think they're good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5519
    April 2012
    5,283 Posts
    Can't deny some people still get off from pubstomping.

More relevant; can't stand people who use competitive play terms in pub matchs. Think I've said this before maybe, but it's just irritating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #5520
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,428 Posts

it happened again you guys

seriously I wish they would respond
    I just turned my spam bot on and spammed him.

He actually got REALLY pissed and spammed back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2 (list)