1. Post #6361
    May 2012
    854 Posts
    Phlog with axtinguisher is actually a sane combo.

You can't puff'n'sting, so there's at least a bit of brainpower required.

EDIT: But yes, out of all pyro weapons those three are the worst of their slots.
    Are you just mad you got killed by the axetinguisher or clinically retarded?
    And the flaregun isn't half bad, but I can agree with you on the phlog being the worst flamethrower.

PYROKING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #6362
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,825 Posts
    Its very common, but those times that you get run down by a pyro, and the killcam shows him still firing flames everywhere, equipped with gibus + Store bought Phlog. It's just kinda eugh.

On topic of the TF2 workshop, found another Russian, all 3 pages of 'his' stuff was completely stolen. About 90% of it was MLP related models too. (Not hating on it, just saying some people still fail to realize that anything referencing stuff outside TF2 is a No-no.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #6363
    December 2010
    1,514 Posts
    Pro-strats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #6364
    July 2010
    1,646 Posts
    When the phlog was released first thing I did was craft/trade all my metal so I could make one for myself, I succeeded and the proceeded to name it Skill-Thrower v2.0 and it has been my favorite flamethrower since, the nerfs were unnecessary and the complaints were like always, no one uses the weapon, claims it overpowered, it gets nerfed, people get around to using, claims it underpowered and inferior. All this time it has remained at the pinnacle of my collection, treasure among other weapons.
    It's the only weapon I have fun using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #6365
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,432 Posts
    This was originally a comic I made back in Gmod remade in SFM. You know when you're almost dead, a spy magically takes your health

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6366
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    Would be nicer if it had a +X% faster weapon switch speed
    This would absolutely ruin the purpose of it. It's a teamwork-based weapon, and as such it relies on you to run behind a target and mark them for death for your teammates to dismantle. The Scout's not meant to take out priority targets, that's the job of the Sniper and Spy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #6367
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    1,163 Posts
    The Scout's not meant to take out priority targets, that's the job of the Sniper and Spy.
    Surely he's meant to do something as he gets bonus points for killing a medic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #6368
    This would absolutely ruin the purpose of it. It's a teamwork-based weapon, and as such it relies on you to run behind a target and mark them for death for your teammates to dismantle. The Scout's not meant to take out priority targets, that's the job of the Sniper and Spy.
    And Soldier, Demoman, Pyro, and Heavy. Oh, and a skilled Scout can take out those targets. Engineer can aswell, but it depends on the stupidity/unawareness of the opponent. Hell, a retreating Medic might get lucky. So essentially everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #6369
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,176 Posts
    I can already hear the backlash if you posted that around comp players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #6370
    May 2010
    1,778 Posts
    Stuff that annoys you in tf2: SFM Edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #6371
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,124 Posts
    you might call that a terrible weapon

but i just love to turn people into orange, fading dust.

and then cap a point with the taunt~♥
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #6372
    June 2011
    747 Posts
    Blergh. I collect level 50 hats, so hey, I have a level 30 Bird-man and I find someone selling a level 50 for 2 keys (got mine for 1).
    I add him, offer him 1-2 rec since it's a 1:1 swap, I'm offering him a replacement, he's extremely unlikely to find someone else who is interested in this specific level, and whoever buys his bird for 2 keys likely won't care if it's level 30 or 50.
    And he asks for 1 ref. "oh, well, I already added someone else with a level 50 bird, if I can't find anyone else, I'll give you 1 ref I suppose."
    And what does he reply?
    "my price will be 2 ref by then, goodbye :)"
    Have fun having missed out on 2 rec you douche.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #6373
    Top 2hu
    October 2010
    654 Posts
    Pro-strats.
    Pretty sexy HUD you've got there. Mind telling us what it is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9 (list)

14. Post #6374
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,422 Posts
    Blergh. I collect level 50 hats, so hey, I have a level 30 Bird-man and I find someone selling a level 50 for 2 keys (got mine for 1).
    I add him, offer him 1-2 rec since it's a 1:1 swap, I'm offering him a replacement, he's extremely unlikely to find someone else who is interested in this specific level, and whoever buys his bird for 2 keys likely won't care if it's level 30 or 50.
    And he asks for 1 ref. "oh, well, I already added someone else with a level 50 bird, if I can't find anyone else, I'll give you 1 ref I suppose."
    And what does he reply?
    "my price will be 2 ref by then, goodbye :)"
    Have fun having missed out on 2 rec you douche.
    God, I fucking hate when people use :) in TF2. It makes you look like a smug asshole.

Ex.
    "You guys suck :)"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

15. Post #6375
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    God, I fucking hate when people use :) in TF2. It makes you look like a smug asshole.

Ex.
    If anyone uses :) in any game I automatically assume they are retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #6376

Ex.
    :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 3 (list)

17. Post #6377
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    >playing engy (like always)
    >get over run with spies
    >can't build shit
    >say in team chat "can i get a pyro by my nest and spycheck for me?"
    >no answer
    >people complain when the tele goes down.

or

playing engy.
    over run by spies
    entire team becomes pyros, does nothing but spycheck and don't defend.

18. Post #6378
    December 2010
    1,514 Posts
    Pretty sexy HUD you've got there. Mind telling us what it is?
    Why that would be Garm3nHud.
    There's like a dozen in the zip, I use the 4MP version, the others are sort of terrible, in my opinion.

19. Post #6379
    Waluigi Time!
    July 2011
    5,695 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #6380
    September 2009
    1,254 Posts
    You forget that most people in tf2 have shit taste. If someone is wearing a 20 bud hat having earbuds and a merc pride scarf equipped doesnt make a big difference. Yet I see most of those tasteless scumbags wear earbuds with every unusual. They just have terrible taste that's all.

Edited:

only time the parasite looks good and fitting
    Oh my god, that looks so good.
    SO UNIQUE.
    If everyone had unique loadouts like you, damn...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #6381
    I can already hear the backlash if you posted that around comp players.
    waaah! people aren't playing the game the way i want to!

comp players can get on all fours and suck it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #6382
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,393 Posts
    Oh my god, that looks so good.
    SO UNIQUE.
    If everyone had unique loadouts like you, damn...
    That's primroses loadout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #6383
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,508 Posts
    Would be nicer if it had a +X% faster weapon switch speed
    As much as I agree, it'd have to have another downside to it. Passive upsides for passive downsides wherever possible - everything in TF2, even now, has a visual identifier to a passive upside and a passive downside to match except for the Degreaser which only gets away with it, barely, because it's a primary weapon and what you're using most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #6384
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,275 Posts
    TF2OP not able to handle all this summer traffic. Makes it hard when you wanna buy just ONE little thing. :(
    (espec' since tf2tp is just dead during summer in general due to overload)

Also people going "ONLY TRADING FOR THIS LEVEL SET LOLOLLOL"

Seriously, why is there no fucking rule for that? its a nightmare looking for Vintage hats when every twit demands you give him a specified level version for his. I JUST WANT THE 1 HAT IN VINTAGE. Is it too much to ask!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #6385
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,055 Posts
    When the server changes to a map the majority voted on and some people try to start an RTV because they don't like it. Are you stupid? A majority of the players just voted for this map, do you really think that RTV is gonna pull through?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

26. Post #6386
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,876 Posts
    People who think a death is NEVER their fault.

You know the type. If they die by a crit, the game obviously tries to set THEM up and them alone. If they die in some other way, the person is either lagging, using a "scrub weapon", their killer is a hacker or their own team sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

27. Post #6387
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    People who think a death is NEVER their fault.

You know the type. If they die by a crit, the game obviously tries to set THEM up and them alone. If they die in some other way, the person is either lagging, using a "scrub weapon", their killer is a hacker or their own team sucks.
    If I play Scout, take down a Soldier to like 50 Health, he turns a round and crits me, then the death surely isn't my fault.
    Lags happen quite often to me recently.
    "Scrub Weapons" is a bad excuse. I head people moaning about me killing them with the Loch-n-Load.
    "Hacker" is just pathetic.
    A sucky team is often the fault for dying. Say I have a Medic in my team who sees me but keeps healing the fully buffed Heavy while I burn to death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #6388
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,876 Posts
    If I play Scout, take down a Soldier to like 50 Health, he turns a round and crits me, then the death surely isn't my fault.
    Lags happen quite often to me recently.
    "Scrub Weapons" is a bad excuse. I head people moaning about me killing them with the Loch-n-Load.
    "Hacker" is just pathetic.
    A sucky team is often the fault for dying. Say I have a Medic in my team who sees me but keeps healing the fully buffed Heavy while I burn to death.
    I'm no denying that there are deaths that are outside of your control, or that they are annoying.

I mean the people who make a huge deal out of it and never shuts up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #6389
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    Never again will I make the mistake of thinking a friendly medic will ever uber me when I most need it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #6390
    April 2011
    5,342 Posts
    Whenever I play medic I try and heal everyone I can but I always miss the the people with very low health for whatever reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #6391
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    899 Posts
    It could be argued that since crits are a known factor, it technically is the guy on the receiving end's fault. They could take it into account and adjust their tactics so that, for instance, they only attack when the soldier is unaware or distracted, then quickly retreat before he can retaliate. Failure to adapt or take known facts into consideration are failings of the scout rather than the soldier.

But before I digress any further, I'm annoyed by people who judge a player's worth by the hats they wear. I ran into a server where one guy on my team was an arrogant ass who would insult people because they didn't have a hat or were F2P. Eventually I switched to the other team to both get away from his voice (since he was always on the mic) and to have the pleasure of backstabbing him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #6392
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,293 Posts
    Fucking Warehouse just randomly stopped working. I was able to trade some metal to it, but now that I'm trying to get something back, it just fucking died.

Edited:

It appears to be working now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #6393
    March 2011
    451 Posts
    Fucking Warehouse just randomly stopped working. I was able to trade some metal to it, but now that I'm trying to get something back, it just fucking died.

Edited:

It appears to be working now.
    TF2 WH will always stop working sometimes, its something but not perfect anyhow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Mexico Show Events

34. Post #6394
    June 2011
    747 Posts

Parts like these prevent me from taking jump maps seriously.'
    I came to a jump map to learn and practice jumping techniques, but pogo against the ground? That's dumb, and repetitive, and I'll never use it in real play.
    The room before had me use pogo to impulse me past a long pit, and I loved it, because it's stuff like that I wanted to try. But spamming 20 rockets to slowly crawl through the ground, not even strafing, just looking down and holding m1, that seems just dumb to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #6395
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,876 Posts
    But before I digress any further, I'm annoyed by people who judge a player's worth by the hats they wear. I ran into a server where one guy on my team was an arrogant ass who would insult people because they didn't have a hat or were F2P. Eventually I switched to the other team to both get away from his voice (since he was always on the mic) and to have the pleasure of backstabbing him.
    It's even worse when they're a medic that would rather stick to the heavy with an unusual that gets NOTHING done than give the uber to that demoman who can clearly destroy the sentry nest up ahead.

Once had a medic that healed someone exclusively because "their unusuals matched", I really hope he wasn't serious but you never know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

36. Post #6396
    Darn you kakka carrot cake!
    February 2010
    2,216 Posts
    Parts like these prevent me from taking jump maps seriously.'
    I came to a jump map to learn and practice jumping techniques, but pogo against the ground? That's dumb, and repetitive, and I'll never use it in real play.
    The room before had me use pogo to impulse me past a long pit, and I loved it, because it's stuff like that I wanted to try. But spamming 20 rockets to slowly crawl through the ground, not even strafing, just looking down and holding m1, that seems just dumb to me.
    pogoing is extremely useful in rocket jumping, at least when you have momentum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #6397
    May 2010
    3,912 Posts
    When the phlog was released first thing I did was craft/trade all my metal so I could make one for myself, I succeeded and the proceeded to name it Skill-Thrower v2.0 and it has been my favorite flamethrower since, the nerfs were unnecessary and the complaints were like always, no one uses the weapon, claims it overpowered, it gets nerfed, people get around to using, claims it underpowered and inferior. All this time it has remained at the pinnacle of my collection, treasure among other weapons.
    It's the only weapon I have fun using.
    I don't use the plog much, but I do really like it. I like most weapons where there's a "Boost" meter (Like the soldier backpacks or whatever) and the plog is the only boost weapon for the pyro. The taunt sucks because it takes a fourth of the actual buff.

Edited:

I fucking hate mini sentries. You risk virtually nothing by placing it in key positions and fucking up other people later, and a lot of loadouts have no way to counter it.

38. Post #6398
    June 2011
    747 Posts
    pogoing is extremely useful in rocket jumping, at least when you have momentum
    Yep, that's what I was getting at. But having parts where you gotta pogo with no momentum against the ground are a chore, and useless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #6399
    May 2011
    1,092 Posts
    I fucking hate mini sentries. You risk virtually nothing by placing it in key positions and fucking up other people later, and a lot of loadouts have no way to counter it.
    Mini sentries are really easy to counter, IMO. Just shoot them a couple of times with the pistol or pop a few explosives towards it.

40. Post #6400
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,046 Posts
    There was a guy who exclusively used the most loathed loadouts in the game on a server I played on.
    He'd pop mini sentries everywhere with his pomson, puff&sting, tommy gruvich, soda popper and dr enforcicle.
    He had a mic too and when someone asked him to stop using the pomson. He answered "you mad?".
    I was the medic on the team and therefore wasn't in any position to kill him at any time but he did make some soldiers on my team really annoyed.
    We won but I'm still saddened.

What also annoys me is that the bison has a big DEALS ONLY 20% DAMAGE TO BUILDINGS stat on it while the pomson has DEALS 100% DAMAGE TO BUILDINGS ALSO IT REMOVES UBER AND CLOAK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)