1. Post #6441
    December 2011
    792 Posts
    Everyone is autocalling, even overhealed people.

Can be used for a radar-like effect in this script:

Code:
    alias +ac_show   "hud_medicautocallersthreshold 142.5"
    alias -ac_show   "hud_medicautocallersthreshold 50" // Initial auto-call threshold
    That actually looks like a really cool idea. Once I'll get my good computer back, I will test this

EDIT: Hng, page king. Anyways, I dislike how "Play Now" always seems to throw me either in a undeeded-plugin-and-stuff-filled server, or a "premium" server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #6442
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    So, I was playing earlier.
    Our Sniper got hit with the Huntsman in his leg.

We lost because my team could not stop making those unfunny jokes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 13Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #6443
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FAT FETISH
    June 2010
    826 Posts
    The fact that these are the weapons I found lately.

guess how many are craftable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #6444
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,077 Posts

You can whack someone in the back several times and they can just turn around and kill you in a fraction of a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6445
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,124 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

6. Post #6446
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,077 Posts
    But then you get no points for style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #6447
    I hate being the only Medic on the team. Especially hate having to heal uncooperative teammates that impede your healing. Like Scouts that are set on fire, but keep jumping around while nobody is attacking. It would be a whole lot easier to heal them if they could just STAND THE FUCK STILL AND NOT DOUBLE JUMP WHILE I'M HEALING THEM.
    I stand still

Yeah, nice to know there are some medics out there that actually know how to play the game though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

8. Post #6448
    In justice we trust!
    July 2012
    521 Posts
    Perhaps it's just me, but sometimes when I decide to go soldier and stuff, there's a full attack pyro using fire like it's air and of course I'll blast him and make him fly closer to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #6449
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Goddammit, it seems like every pyro in the goddamn map knows where i am when i play spy. "Okay i'm going to cloak in this corner and wait for someone open to walk by-OH HAI PYRO WHY YES PLEASE SPYCHECK THIS EXACT FUCKING SPOT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

I also hate teammates who shoot you when they just saw you disguise/cloak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #6450
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    956 Posts
    Goddammit, it seems like every pyro in the goddamn map knows where i am when i play spy. "Okay i'm going to cloak in this corner and wait for someone open to walk by-OH HAI PYRO WHY YES PLEASE SPYCHECK THIS EXACT FUCKING SPOT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

When I see a disguised spy in the enemy lines I'll make sure to shoot at them to make their disguise more convincing. It's just courtesy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #6451
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,350 Posts

>Using the C&D

This is why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

12. Post #6452
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,422 Posts
    Let me tell you a touching story: once upon a time, a sniper chased me for over 3 minutes so i would heal him. he was barely at 80%, yet he'd still chase me(the only medic on the team) to heal his sorry ass.

plotwist: he got himself sniped and died, i saved a bunch of competent soldiers/scouts and we sucessfully won granary.

next round he switched to heavy, and yelled at me because i didn't pocket him in favor of more competent players.

mean ok, you're a wall of meat and you sure can deal damage but for fucks sake you're not the only one who can kill people on the team, let alone actually kill people rather than trying to snipe a sniper with your minigun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

13. Post #6453
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,248 Posts
    Oh christ, I hate that too.
    >Heavies thinking they're god tier because they're Heavy.
    >Medics that pop uber on a Heavy too take out SENTRY GUNS who end up being pushed out of range or obliterated shortly after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #6454
    In justice we trust!
    July 2012
    521 Posts
    Oh yes, another for me is when a medic won't heal you because you're not a Heavy. I can have like 10 health points left, hanging around him, giving one or two medic calls, and while that heavy is fine on his own, he'll even turn to me and yet not switch patients. Not even for a second...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #6455
    May 2012
    327 Posts
    Syringe guns. I know I'm probably the only guy ever to complain about this, but they're such BS. 100 damage per second is just silly, especially when it's the blutsauger which makes killing a medic from a distance more difficult than it should be unless you're a soldier in a cramped area or a heavy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #6456
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    Syringe guns. I know I'm probably the only guy ever to complain about this, but they're such BS. 100 damage per second is just silly, especially when it's the blutsauger which makes killing a medic from a distance more difficult than it should be unless you're a soldier in a cramped area or a heavy.
    Killing any inexperienced medic from a distance isn't that difficult, as they have to account for the drop of the needles plus arcing the trajectory to where you will be, which for most classes is rather difficult. Don't forget the lower health of the Medic compared to most attacking classes.
    Also, turn on the damage counter and play Medic, then try and take out an enemy from a distance with your syringe gun. I'll be impressed if you manage a full 100 damage in a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #6457
    June 2010
    665 Posts
    People who whine about quick-fix.

Playing as medic on egypt a/d defence with quick-fix, everybody but one had a 0 death rate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

18. Post #6458
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,331 Posts
    Killing any inexperienced medic from a distance isn't that difficult, as they have to account for the drop of the needles plus arcing the trajectory to where you will be, which for most classes is rather difficult. Don't forget the lower health of the Medic compared to most attacking classes.
    Also, turn on the damage counter and play Medic, then try and take out an enemy from a distance with your syringe gun. I'll be impressed if you manage a full 100 damage in a second.
    well not 100 a second, but I've been practising for months using blutsauger that I've managed to scare the regular's away when they see me irregardless if I'm solo due to a dead heal target. >:3

When you're in close quarters combat in a melee fight, and you keep hitting mouse1 a split second too early, missing the hit and they get the hit on you. I get too trigger happy and fidgety in those situations.

19. Post #6459
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,926 Posts

God damn the workshop needs some serious cleaning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #6460
    April 2011
    7,963 Posts
    Stone Soup.

Heals 0hp.

Fills up rage meter completely.

When rage meter full, unleash minicrits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #6461
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,888 Posts
    This would go in "Stuff that I love" for me. It's always satisfying when scouts or even soldiers underestimate the damage that a well-aimed volley of needles can do.

And more on-topic, people who think their way of playing is the only way.
    Sure, you might prefer weapon x, y and z for class a, but that doesn't mean using anything else makes one a "dumb scrub" or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #6462
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,926 Posts
    Stone Soup.

Heals 0hp.

Fills up rage meter completely.

When rage meter full, unleash minicrits.
    Actually the Stone Soup thing's desc said

Ubered for 10 seconds, +20% damage, -60% movement speed.

Whoopdie doo

23. Post #6463
    February 2009
    583 Posts

God damn the workshop needs some serious cleaning.
    i still don't grasp how those submissions even get stars...though for some reason i'm not surprised, it isn't rare for the majority of submissions to something like this to be flooded with thieves or those who simply do not read any guidelines or rules...but it is still kinda surprising
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

24. Post #6464
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    1,571 Posts
    >Using the C&D

This is why.
    It wouldn't have mattered what watch he would have used, he would have still been roasted in seconds(or minutes with the Dead Ringer) according to his story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

25. Post #6465
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,350 Posts
    It wouldn't have mattered what watch he would have used, he would have still been roasted in seconds(or minutes with the Dead Ringer) according to his story.
    Nope he said "Going to cloak in this corner and wait for someone to walk by" that's C&D tactics. With the stock any decent spy knows to never stop moving and with the DR you can't cloak on command.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #6466
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    1,571 Posts
    Nope he said "Going to cloak in this corner and wait for someone to walk by" that's C&D tactics. With the stock any decent spy knows to never stop moving and with the DR you can't cloak on command.
    Sure, I understand how you are supposed to use each watch, but a competent spy ain't invincible. If he bumps into a pyro around a corner while cloaked, his death is most likely guaranteed. With the Dead Ringer he might have a chance of survival, but if he catches fire while the DR is active, he is most likely done as well. Now I know I used a different situation for the other 2 watches, but with the C&D, he would have had a guaranteed death too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

27. Post #6467
    May 2012
    854 Posts
    Scouts who call for healing at about 10-20 health and RUN AWAY FROM ME. No, I'm not going to play the longest game of "Hide and go Heal" with you, xX[MLG]pRoScOuTQuIcKsCaTtErSXx.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #6468
    February 2008
    214 Posts
    Scouts who call for healing at about 10-20 health and RUN AWAY FROM ME. No, I'm not going to play the longest game of "Hide and go Heal" with you, xX[MLG]pRoScOuTQuIcKsCaTtErSXx.
    Brings me back to the days where people could do this with the Equalizer

god that was bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #6469

I've had far more success with the C&D than with any other watch.

Why all the hate for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #6470
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,077 Posts
    Solution: Use the Disciplinary Action and whip your medic buddy into speeds unheard of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #6471
    November 2010
    161 Posts
    I crafted a tavish degroot experience #70-something and sold it as a regular hat without knowing it's true value...
    I'm trying to think "it's just a digital hat" but DAMMIT I WANT THAT HAT BACK.

Also I hate seeing the following on tf2 outpost:
    I'll buy your UNWANTED stranges for one weapon - a scrap (depending on if it's a flamethrower or a degreaser).
    I'll buy your UNWANTED craft hats for 2 rec - 1 ref (with hats valued at 2+ ref as "wanted").
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #6472
    Oh christ, I hate that too.
    >Heavies thinking they're god tier because they're Heavy.
    >Medics that pop uber on a Heavy too take out SENTRY GUNS who end up being pushed out of range or obliterated shortly after.
    I once tried to get this medic to uber me as an engineer on the last point of, I was very very confident that I could take out the sentry nest that was blocking everyone, medic decided " no, you're an engi, you can't do anything, I'll uber this demoman" and so he did, and failed, then we lost.

Sometimes you just have to have a little faith in someone, I was once ubered as a spy to take out 3 sentry nests in ctf_doublecross, won us the game.

I've had far more success with the C&D than with any other watch.

Why all the hate for it?
    I personally think it's a situational watch, nothing bad about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #6473
    June 2010
    4,871 Posts
    People who make bad use of the minisentry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #6474
    Or pair it with the frontier justice and get quick revenge crits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #6475
    June 2010
    4,871 Posts
    Or pair it with the frontier justice and get quick revenge crits.
    Or pair it with the widowmaker for lods emetel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #6476
    December 2010
    1,514 Posts

This game has an insane number of ways to kill you, TF2 Rule #1: Never stand still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #6477
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    Someone adds me to trade, and I take half a second to respond after greetings
    [ħŤ] ~ [RU] PAHAN: hi
    Mudkip Maestro: Yo
    [ħŤ] ~ [RU] PAHAN: have bazar?
    [ħŤ] ~ [RU] PAHAN: ...
    Then when we go to trade, he puts up two weapons instead of a scrap, which is fine, but I just have to take a second to check if they're both craftable. And again.

[ħŤ] ~ [RU] PAHAN: ...
    Jesus fuck have some goddamn patience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #6478
    Dennab
    June 2012
    1,199 Posts
    Someone adds me to trade, and I take half a second to respond after greetings

Then when we go to trade, he puts up two weapons instead of a scrap, which is fine, but I just have to take a second to check if they're both craftable. And again.

Jesus fuck have some goddamn patience
    Why are you mad?

You're the one with patience, you should be content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

39. Post #6479
    July 2011
    3,278 Posts
    Why are you mad?

You're the one with patience, you should be content.
    It's kinda annoying to deal with people like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #6480
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts
    No hat/Gibus/Free hat : No medics healing that player.
    A single hat obtained : You can now be healed by medic.
    Unusual : Every single medic will heal you and only you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)