1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,666 Posts
    Welcome to Slender Man V6 :toot:.

What the fuck is Slender Man?
    Why, he's a faceless demon/ghost/sub-human/angel/god/creature from another dimension. We're not really sure yet, and it varies from where you're getting your information from. But! The original mythos (created by Victor Surge in this SomethingAwful thread) tell us that he's..uh, we're still not really sure; but we know a few things. For one, he's terrifying and faceless. He's also been around for ages. The mythos mostly made him prey on children, but recent ARGs & blogs have him stalking college students.

Well holy shit that's terrifying.
    Yep.

Video Series.
    Anyways, at the moment there's 4 popular Slender Man video blogs and countless blogs. The most popular and original would be Marble Hornets. Then TribeTwelve, and then EverymanHYBRID. The other one being DarkHarvest. In my opinion, MarbleHornets is the best with TribeTwelve coming up close due to it's mindfuckingness.

Thanks to Swilly, here's a playlist of all of the current major Video Blogs in order of size.

Marble Hornets Playlist
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL64F5739D55F19ADD

everymanHYBRID Playlist
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLE5A9C2B08BACE171

TribeTwelve
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLD86211FC1A63A590

DarkHarvest00 Playlist
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLC2ED2646327DAA4C

MLAnderson
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLEC2DC17C9872F58B
    Content:

Series:
    MarbleHornets:

EverymanHYBRID:

TribeTwelve:

DarkHarvest00:

MLAndersen0:

Short Films:

Pictures:

A list of links:
    Version 1
    Version 2
    Version 3
    Version 4
    Version 5
    Original SomethingAwful Thread
    The Wiki
    Unifiction Forums
    The Slendernation Forums
    All the original mythos in PDF

If interested, also check out:
    http://seedeater.blogspot.com/
    The SCP Foundation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2011
    398 Posts
    God dammit I was going for this thread

Damn Seed Eaters

Jokes aside, here is some content for the new thread:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    Well timed new thread. We're just in time for the new season of MH (hopefully starting soon).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    In the absence of a creepy shit thread, here's a head.
    -removed-
    It may or may not be real. I can't tell, I just know it creeps the fuck out of me.

(User was banned for this post ("Has nothing to do with the thread" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,991 Posts
    don't see what that has to do with Slenderman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    don't see what that has to do with Slenderman
    Slenderman embodies uneasiness

That head makes me uneasy

There's no creepy shit thread yet.

The head stays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,120 Posts
    I am slender-man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2011
    398 Posts
    I am slender-man.
    I do believe I was [Slender Man], therefore I call the identity of the trans-dimensional child molester.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,666 Posts
    I do believe I was [Slender Man], therefore I call the identity of the trans-dimensional child molester.
    Yea, and I call the identity of a seed eater.

Yea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2010
    1,201 Posts
    Slenderman embodies uneasiness

That head makes me uneasy

There's no creepy shit thread yet.

The head stays.
    No, can you like really remove that image. It is a real head and you know it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,183 Posts
    My friend and I are working on a spoof of Slendy.

We call him "Assmask". He's a guy in a Gas Mask wearing combat boots and that's it. He's stark naked besides that.

Spoiler Alert: I'm going to be "Assmask"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    No, can you like really remove that image. It is a real head and you know it.
    I'm really unsure, but I suppose that having the benefit of the doubt makes leaving it up there that much worse. Still, real or no, it's fucking nasty. I'll snip it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,257 Posts
    fyi, it's "jesus christ how horrifying"

but whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,666 Posts
    fyi, it's "jesus christ how horrifying"

but whatever
    Horrifying wasn't enough. There must be terror.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,257 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,057 Posts
    New thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2011
    17 Posts
    God dammit I was going for this thread

Damn Seed Eaters

Jokes aside, here is some content for the new thread:
    Oh snap, slender man in belgium now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2011
    236 Posts
    Ahh, good ol' Slendy, back for his $20 yet again.

Oh, I've watched all of the Marble Hornets videos (that are out right now) and they're all fantastic. It's definitely worth watching all of the videos, just in case anyone was wondering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,100 Posts
    To bad all the minecraft kiddos don't shad up about "ENDERMEN"

Edited:

Ahh, good ol' Slendy, back for his $20 yet again.

I dont get that joke could you explain to me?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,666 Posts
    To bad all the minecraft kiddos don't shad up about "ENDERMEN"

Edited:

I dont get that joke could you explain to me?
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man

The Marble Hornets sub-meme section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,100 Posts
    thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emfas...4bFUAAAAAAABAA

And a new DH video appears. I have yet to watch it, honestly. I just wanted to get it up here for you guys to see and discuss.

Edit:
    Ok. Having watched it, I'm not quite sure what to think. The whole "German WW2 scientist" thing has always seemed like a cop-out to me in other series, but i trust these guys will do something with it. Also, I don't like how they used a picture from another creepy video at 1:50. That said, this has been one of my favorite slender series so far and I'm still hopeful for the future of it. What about you guys? Thoughts?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,991 Posts
    Not sure they should have explained so much in one single video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,278 Posts
    So i tried watching the marble hornet introduction video, Are there any screamers in the series or am i tense for nothing.

25. Post #25
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    Not sure they should have explained so much in one single video
    I would have been okay if they just hinted at it, but outright saying it like that was just sort of poor plot management. But, hey, it was kind of a creative concept I guess. Pretending it was a History Channel pilot was better than some of the other ways they could have done it (e-mail, mysterious text document, etc.)

26. Post #26
    A Casual Businessman (or something even worse.)
    August 2009
    916 Posts
    not necessarily screamers most of the time but it's still surprising/shocking at some points, though i still meticulously fix my volume up and down while watching the vblogs out of fear that suddenly square tones or static will pop out of nowhere and rape my ears

so it's a sort-of yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2011
    398 Posts
    I would have been okay if they just hinted at it, but outright saying it like that was just sort of poor plot management. But, hey, it was kind of a creative concept I guess. Pretending it was a History Channel pilot was better than some of the other ways they could have done it (e-mail, mysterious text document, etc.)
    From what I learned from that, most of it was already explained in the blog, and the Collective Knowledge.

Still watching though.

Edited:

Alright, so most of that was already explained, save for the last bit.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,100 Posts
    just thought I'd show you guys this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Late Late x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    Does anybody know how long until MH season 3 starts? The Twitter is being pretty vague right now and I'm getting kind of tired of waiting.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    597 Posts
    Slenderman has creeped me out since day one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,411 Posts
    just thought I'd show you guys this:

I wish someone would do at least a short series parodying Slenderman with Splendorman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2008
    113 Posts
    Just got through marblehornets, I'm assuming the "final tape" section where    Alex tries to kill jessica and J    is actually the last day of their 'normal lives' before they     wake up in the hotel with no memory of the last 7 months and have no clue who each other are   

If that is true, then     Alex may very well be dead, from the gunshot after they are running away. Tim walking around normally during the last part makes this more likely, doesn't it? It would also mean that those 7 months that J had no clue what happened may have been delusions and Alex was never alive during those months, and all of the film of him was from before.    

or maybe I'm the only one that thought of it that way.

33. Post #33
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,183 Posts
    My friend and I are working on a spoof of Slendy.

We call him "Assmask". He's a guy in a Gas Mask wearing combat boots and that's it. He's stark naked besides that.

Spoiler Alert: I'm going to be "Assmask"
    So far we've boiled it down to a couple characters and a backstory to Assmask.

If you wish to hear it, feel free to ask.

34. Post #34
    Pomf =3
    October 2008
    3,566 Posts
    I used to browse this thread all the time, can anyone tell me whats been up? i only keep up with MarbleHornets, and I tried to keep up with EveryManHybrid but that shit was crazy, and i kept up with MLAndersen0 but he took forever for vids

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,057 Posts
    I used to browse this thread all the time, can anyone tell me whats been up? i only keep up with MarbleHornets, and I tried to keep up with EveryManHybrid but that shit was crazy, and i kept up with MLAndersen0 but he took forever for vids
    Marble Hornets Season 3 is pretty much right around the corner. For EverymanHYBRID I suggest using the wiki to catch up. TribeTwelve still has shitty acting, and DarkHarvest is sinking its teeth into alternate history and Lovecraftian cults.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    8,303 Posts
    Anyone mind helping me figure this out as soon as possible?

I've heard of Slenderman and have had many sleepless nights staring down my street in the dark, looking for my cat, in fear that Slenderman may appear at the far end of the street and charge me down.

Jesus Christ, I know he's not real but this shit scares me so bad.
    Maybe that's why I love horror games and movies.

Such a thrill.

37. Post #37
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,772 Posts
    Obligatory?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    8,303 Posts
    Should I just watch the videos and hope I don't get confused?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    236 Posts
    Should I just watch the videos and hope I don't get confused?
    They really aren't that confusing. For being an independent series with an extremely low budget, these guys really outdid themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    8,303 Posts
    They really aren't that confusing. For being an independent series with an extremely low budget, these guys really outdid themselves.
    Thanks.

I have some video watching to do.