1. Post #2441
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    My app went to test house on the 7th, nothing back as of yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2442
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,031 Posts
    I don't know what this is but it looks pretty so have an art thing.
    The visualizer isn't his so it's kind of cheating. Looks nice anyways.
    http://code.google.com/p/gource/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #2443
    May 2010
    5,368 Posts
    My app went to test house on the 7th, nothing back as of yet.
    Wait wasnt this a USA thing only?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2444
    February 2009
    1,827 Posts
    Wait wasnt this a USA thing only?
    No, was world wide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #2445
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    I don't know what this is but it looks pretty so have an art thing.
    I didn't make the visual part, I'm just creating a script to make random realistic git repos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #2446
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts

I think I'm overdoing this a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Programming King Programming King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2447
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    I'm refactoring my Minecraft Modmanager I made a few months ago and I'm not sure if I was half asleep while writing it or if I got a lot better in the last few months, because my code is a huge mess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

8. Post #2448
    February 2011
    186 Posts
    Loading maps from text files. Took way longer than it needed to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2449
    May 2010
    5,368 Posts
    No, was world wide.
    AWW FUCK!!
    Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2450
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    This is probably the closest I can get.

Edited:

Here's the code:

https://gist.github.com/1885623
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

11. Post #2451
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,031 Posts

It would look great if those parentheses aligned better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #2452
    October 2009
    1,933 Posts

Maybe JSON would be a better idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2453
    February 2009
    1,827 Posts
    AWW FUCK!!
    Oh well.
    yeah I almost assumed that at first, I decided to check the ToS just in case, and I noticed this:

ToS posted:
    Devices will be sent by courier to each Eligible Participant at the address provided during initial registration at the Vendor Portal following the commercial availability to the public of the Device in the Eligibles Participants country of residence. Delivery time is subject to Device availability and may be delayed due to high demand and timing of product launch. Eligible Participants are responsible for all federal, state or local taxes, tariffs, import duty fees, and any other costs or expenses that may be associated with receipt of the Device.
    and no mention of US.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #2454
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,412 Posts

Let me get my microscope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 29 (list)

15. Post #2455
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    98 Posts
    Let me get my microscope.
    Try clicking the zoom button on the image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 8Programming King Programming King x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2456
    Just rewriting some code using classes

Player = {}
    Player.__index = Player

function Player.new()
        local ply = {}
        setmetatable(ply, Player)
        ply = { x= map.startX*32-32,
                y= map.startY*32-32,
                sx= 0,
                sy= 0,
                i= 0,
                o= {x=0,y=0},
                standing= false,
                accel= 2,
                power= 11,
                mass= 70,
                health= 100,
                frame= "stand",
                timer= 0.2,
                dir= "r",
                fnr= "" }
        return ply
    end

function Player:force(n, a)
        a = a/180*math.pi
        self.sx = self.sx + math.cos(a)*n
        self.sy = self.sy + math.sin(a)*n
    end

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #2457
    Hates php
    May 2006
    2,413 Posts
    Got 2 'get to know you' job interviews. One of them is via skype and the other is in Boston tomorrow. Hopefully they go well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

18. Post #2458
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,914 Posts
    My message log successfully locks the game until you go through all messages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2459
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    30 seconds of the Facepunch Lua SDK (182 KB project!) over its main development lifespan:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

20. Post #2460
    December 2009
    364 Posts
    Not strictly programming but writing a personal statement, applying to Oxford's UNIQ summer school to do Computer Science. It's an all paid for week where you do cool shit with Oxford people, which sounds great. Wish me luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

21. Post #2461
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,756 Posts
    unrotated and popped up:

Needs more blueprinty-things. I know you are from the US , but shove some British Standard drawing symbols in that and it'll look a tad cooler.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #2462
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Needs more blueprinty-things. I know you are from the US , but shove some British Standard drawing symbols in that and it'll look a tad cooler.
    I would have put a coffee stain in and some "architectural notes" on it, but it was something I did in just a few minutes and didn't want to get carried away. It was nothing more than a stylized thing, and not the actual title logo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2463
    That Dog
    March 2009
    12,795 Posts
    It could be the title logo, it's a cool idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #2464
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I suppose it does fit the theme of building very well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #2465
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts
    30 seconds of the Facepunch Lua SDK (182 KB project!) over its main development lifespan:
    Now Do HL2:SB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #2466
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,914 Posts
    Added yes/no questions to my roguelike's message log. Time to do combat and other things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #2467
    March 2009
    362 Posts
    My friend finally convinced me to make something in C#. He gave me the original idea of making tic-tac-toe in a console. My previous experience with programming is limited to Expression 2 (from wiremod) and Lua for Garry's Mod. With the help of Google, and my past experience, I made this:

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, and i didn't have any major headaches along the way. There's still a few things i want to add though, like the ability to restart the game without having to actually close it and reopen it again. If anyone actually wants to play it, here's the .exe

Here is the source if anyone is interested in how I did it: Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Programming King Programming King x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #2468
    September 2001
    12,320 Posts
    You should spend more time working on your logo, 2 days isn't enough time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2469
    April 2010
    2,312 Posts
    After a long break:

More progress on (semi) software renderer. Semi because it uses sfml to copy all the pixels from the framebuffer to the screen, and since sfml is hardware accelerated that makes this apparently somewhat hardware accelerated. Other than that, its all software.

Anyway, phong! May or may not actually be phong. In fact, i have no idea what this is. There should be specular highlights, there arn't. Fuck if i know whats wrong with it.

Oh, and the crap on the left is milliseconds per frame, not frames per millisecond.

Edit:

Turns out my normals are being done all wrong. Either passed wrongly, stored wrongly, or loaded wrongly. Time for a great bughunt session
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #2470
    February 2012
    65 Posts
    I am new to programming so i'm starting small can any one help me fix this error i have with this code the code is in C# and not finished yet but i want to get rid of this error.

static void Main(string[] args)
    {
    string name, age;
    string yes, no;

Console.WriteLine("What is your name?");
    name = Console.ReadLine();
    Console.WriteLine("What is your age?");
    age = Console.ReadLine();
    Console.WriteLine("Your name is" + name + "." + "Your age is" + age + "." + "Is this correct?");
    yes = Console.ReadLine();
    no = Console.ReadLine();
    if (Console.ReadLine() = no = Console.WriteLine("Please do it again."));
    }
    }
    }

Error says Cannot implicitly convert type 'void' to 'string'

Can anyone fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #2471
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    After a long break:

More progress on (semi) software renderer. Semi because it uses sfml to copy all the pixels from the framebuffer to the screen, and since sfml is hardware accelerated that makes this apparently somewhat hardware accelerated. Other than that, its all software.

Anyway, phong! May or may not actually be phong. In fact, i have no idea what this is. There should be specular highlights, there arn't. Fuck if i know whats wrong with it.

Oh, and the crap on the left is milliseconds per frame, not frames per millisecond.

You have to communicate with the hardware at some point - Talking to the hardware via SFML doesn't make it less of a software renderer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2472
    April 2010
    2,312 Posts
    You have to communicate with the hardware at some point - Talking to the hardware via SFML doesn't make it less of a software renderer.
    Last time i posted about this, i was hassled about it not being proper software renderer due to the use of sfml, so i assumed that this didn't count this time around
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #2473
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,835 Posts
    I am new to programming so i'm starting small can any one help me fix this error i have with this code the code is in C# and not finished yet but i want to get rid of this error.

{
    string name, age;
    string yes, no;

Console.WriteLine("Your name is" + name + "." + "Your age is" + age + "." + "Is this correct?");
    yes = Console.ReadLine();
    no = Console.ReadLine();
    if (Console.ReadLine() = no = Console.WriteLine("Please do it again."));
    }
    }
    }

Error says Cannot implicitly convert type 'void' to 'string'

Can anyone fix this?

This should work. Not the best solution but still.
    Code:
            {
                string name, age;
                string answer;

answer = Console.ReadLine();
                if (answer == "no")
    		{
    		Console.WriteLine("Please do it again.");
    		}
            }
        }
    }
    First of all, you had 2 input reads for yes and no. Just use one to make the whole thing work.

The if was a complete mess. You need to compare the answer the user gives (variable 'answer') to the answer "no", not a completely new variable (though you could remove the line where answer is set from readline and just use it in the if comparison). Since you're doing a comparison, you have to use ==, since since singe = assigns a value to a variable. Using == to compare strings is generally not the best idea, but it should work in this example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

34. Post #2474
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,031 Posts
    Last time i posted about this, i was hassled about it not being proper software renderer due to the use of sfml, so i assumed that this didn't count this time around
    It was because you said you rendered the actual triangles with SFML.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #2475
    February 2012
    65 Posts
    This should work. Not the best solution but still.
    Code:
            {
                string name, age;
                string answer;

answer = Console.ReadLine();
                if (answer == "no")
    		{
    		Console.WriteLine("Please do it again.");
    		}
            }
        }
    }
    First of all, you had 2 input reads for yes and no. Just use one to make the whole thing work.

The if was a complete mess. You need to compare the answer the user gives (variable 'answer') to the answer "no", not a completely new variable (though you could remove the line where answer is set from readline and just use it in the if comparison). Since you're doing a comparison, you have to use ==, since since singe = assigns a value to a variable. Using == to compare strings is generally not the best idea, but it should work in this example.
    Thank you so much that would of took me ages to figure out haha as you can probably tell im new to programming and not very good. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

36. Post #2476
    April 2010
    2,312 Posts
    It was because you said you rendered the actual triangles with SFML.
    Ah, well the time when i mentioned the whole software renderer thing was after i moved away from using SFML for various things. I dont think i used it to directly render a load of triangles with, but i also don't think its worth getting into an in depth discussion over something that doesn't entire matter as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #2477
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    415 Posts
    I'm working on the scripting part of my engine, here's the rendering pipeline scripted in lua (also using luabind)

Code:
    --[[ rendering_deferred.lua v1.0
      @ Handle deferred pipeline, call post processing scripts
    ]]

function init()
        gbuffer = SceneManager:getRendering():getOrCreateFrameBuffer("gbuffer")
        gbuffer:setSize(GLApp:getSubSystem():getRenderWidth(),GLApp:getSubSystem():getRenderHeight())
        gbuffer:attachRender(FrameBuffer.GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24)
        gbuffer:attachTexture(FrameBuffer.GL_RGBA8, FrameBuffer.GL_LINEAR)
        gbuffer:attachTexture(FrameBuffer.GL_RGBA8, FrameBuffer.GL_LINEAR)
        gbuffer:attachTexture(FrameBuffer.GL_RGBA16F, FrameBuffer.GL_LINEAR)

sbuffer = SceneManager:getRendering():getOrCreateFrameBuffer("sbuffer")
        sbuffer:setSize(GLApp:getSubSystem():getRenderWidth(),GLApp:getSubSystem():getRenderHeight())
        sbuffer:attachRender(FrameBuffer.GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24)
        sbuffer:attachTexture(FrameBuffer.GL_RGBA16F, FrameBuffer.GL_LINEAR)

simple_program = ShaderProgram(GLApp:getResource("simple.vert", Resource.SHADER), GLApp:getResource("simple.frag", Resource.SHADER))
        sky_program = ShaderProgram(GLApp:getResource("simple.vert", Resource.SHADER), GLApp:getResource("deferred/sky.frag", Resource.SHADER))
        ambient_program = ShaderProgram(GLApp:getResource("simple.vert", Resource.SHADER), GLApp:getResource("deferred/ambient.frag", Resource.SHADER))

hdr_pass_script = GLApp:getResource("rendering/hdr_pass.lua", Resource.SCRIPT)
        hdr_pass_script:run("init()")
    end

function render()
        --[[ GEOMETRY PASS ]]
        gbuffer:bindOutput()
        SceneManager:getRendering():renderWorld()
        gbuffer:blitTo(sbuffer, FrameBuffer.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT, FrameBuffer.GL_LINEAR)
        sbuffer:bindOutput()

--[[ SKY PASS ]]
        SceneManager:getRendering():clearColor(0.99,0.99,0.99,1.0)
        sky_program:use()
        SceneManager:getRendering():renderScreenQuad()

--[[ AMBIENT PASS ]]
        SceneManager:getRendering():activeTexture(0)
        SceneManager:getRendering():clearColor()
        gbuffer:bindTex(0)
        ambient_program:uniformi("Tex0", 0)
        ambient_program:uniform4f("AmbientColor", 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 1.0)
        ambient_program:use()

--[[ LIGHT PASS ]]
        gbuffer:bindTex(0)
        SceneManager:getRendering():activeTexture(1)
        gbuffer:bindTex(1)
        SceneManager:getRendering():activeTexture(2)
        gbuffer:bindTex(2)
        SceneManager:getRendering():renderLight()

--[[ POST PROCESSING STAGE ]]
        hdr_pass_script:run("render()")

--[[ FINAL PASS ]]
        SceneManager:getRendering():unbindFrameBuffer()
        SceneManager:getRendering():clearColor()
        sbuffer:bindTex(0)
        simple_program:uniformi("Tex0", 0)
        simple_program:use()
    end
    What can I change to make it even more user friendly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

38. Post #2478
    March 2008
    131 Posts
    Okay, so this prints a test message every 5 seconds...

And I got saving/loading the quest system running. Protobuf-net is awesome. Next step is to tie it into the game simulation so game events can be injected into the circuits.

Also doing something about that wire going through the node it originates from would be ideal, but it's probably more effort than it is worth for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Programming King Programming King x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #2479
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,914 Posts
    Ooooh Blkducky, I think you'll find this familiar

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #2480
    June 2010
    1,337 Posts
    Having a go at 2D skeletal animation.

I can never remember how to properly rotate sprites around a point. atan2 or some shit iuno
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 32Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)