1. Post #121
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    Clockwork Orange. Jesus that was a weird movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    American Psycho: 9/10

Brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    Clockwork Orange. Jesus that was a weird movie.
    clockwork orange ain't got shit on weird.

well now anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    the shining

four and a half pocornstars of five golden apples.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - probably the best movie I've seen in the last, I dont know, 5 years or so/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,742 Posts
    My Name Is Bruce (2007)

If it wasn't for Bruce Campbell and the total meta-ness of the plot this would probably sit on like a 5 but I have to knock it up to maybe a 7 because of Bruce Campbell and I liked his role.

Worth watching if you're a Campbell fan, if you've not heard of Bruce Campbell/seen his films I can't see this being appreciated very much. Good amount of nice laughs in it as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,552 Posts
    the grey

7.5/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #128
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Just re-watched Aladdin.
    It has some of the best Disney songs, in my opinion. Plus, watching it now that I'm older, I get a lot more of the references they made, or a lot more of the subtler things I didn't notice as a kid.
    As in, the fact that the sultan says Allah a lot, how stereotypical the portrayal of the narrator is at the beginning, lots of things.
    9.5/10

Before that I watched Lilo and Stitch, Lion King, Mulan and Hercules, hahaha. My friends are going through all the Disney movies and re-watching them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,877 Posts
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - probably the best movie I've seen in the last, I dont know, 5 years or so/10
    Must not watch a lot of movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    I don't know about it being the best movie of the past 5 years, but it's one of my favorite movies of 2011.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #131
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    well, it was better than anything in 2011 (say whatever you want, I like it much more than drive), 2010 (inception was good, but I wouldn't include it in my top 10 or anything), 2009 (inglourious basterds or district 9 are nowhere near as good as this), 2008 (Dark knight? nope), 2007 (the bourne ultimatum and no country for old men are great, though)

unless you meant movies I watched, instead of movies released
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,794 Posts
    well, it was better than anything in 2011 (say whatever you want, I like it much more than drive), 2010 (inception was good, but I wouldn't include it in my top 10 or anything), 2009 (inglourious basterds or district 9 are nowhere near as good as this), 2008 (Dark knight? nope), 2007 (the bourne ultimatum and no country for old men are great, though)

unless you meant movies I watched, instead of movies released
    Yeah it sounded as though you meant better than ANY movie you watched in 5 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #133
    June 2010
    1,935 Posts
    Star Trek (2009) - 9~10/10

The Jump scene is my fav. the soundtrack is really great too it has great actors which I admire and I really like J.J. Abrams work. I could go on but you get the point I really like this movie. Hopes for a great sequel!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    Yeah it sounded as though you meant better than ANY movie you watched in 5 years.
    Bad wording I guess. Also, fun fact: I thought it was a completely different movie when I went to watch it, they translated the title to "The Men who didn't love Women" (I don't even), so I didn't even know that it was the same movies you guys were talking so much about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,370 Posts
    The Grey

8/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,552 Posts
    Just re-watched Aladdin.
    It has some of the best Disney songs, in my opinion.

ARABIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NIGHHHHHHHHHHHTSSSSSSSS
    is like arabian DAAAAAAAAAAAAYSSSSSSSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,785 Posts
    Bad wording I guess. Also, fun fact: I thought it was a completely different movie when I went to watch it, they translated the title to "The Men who didn't love Women" (I don't even), so I didn't even know that it was the same movies you guys were talking so much about

was reading about it, then thought "hey this plot sounds similar" and turns out it was the girl with the derg tattoo
    iirc its named like that because of the book series
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    March 2010
    427 Posts
    Just saw Woman in Black. It doesn't feel like a modern horror movie, which is a great plus as those tend to annoy me with cheap scares among other audience milking techniques. The acting was good and it was tightly paced, the visual work was fantastic. If the movie interested you even slightly, check it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #139
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    Rubber oh god why?/10
    Reservoir Dogs 10/10

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,153 Posts
    The Rum Diary

7/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    Caragolpe
    I think they named it here like that too.
    When I saw the title I was like "isn't this the name of other book?".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

22. Post #142
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    The Grey: 10/10

Oh god, that was so intense. I haven't seen a movie in theaters that good since Star Trek. First time I ever cried in a movie. Ending was perfect, no idea what everyone's complaining about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,360 Posts
    toy story three is just as good as the rest of them. personally i love the first and third the best, the second is just a tiny bit lesser on the scale than both.
    nope sorry, the toy story films are as good as the order they are in with a dramatic drop for the third
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,278 Posts
    I grew up with the Toy Story movies and I thought Toy Story 3 had a pretty boring story and tried too hard to be emotional riding solely of nostalgia when in reality, the story just wasn't very good. The movie feels like a wash, like it didn't have much content. I liked the previous two films, that's one of the reasons I didn't like the third one. I don't know why so many fans of the series loved this film, it was an unabashed attempt to win people over with forced sadness and nostalgia. Oh yeah I guess that's why so many fans of the previous films liked it.
    you're really pretentious did you know that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    He's just stating his opinion, jeez...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #146
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,819 Posts
    Rubber: 3.263653535/5 It made me laugh, it was a very.... unique... concept, and it was weird.

I like weird.

Edited:

Wall-E: 4.7/5

First off, I liked how even though it was animated, they put in little things to make it look like it was filmed (Lens flare, Cinematic lighting, camera would temporarily go out of focus..). I liked how well the story was told with little dialog.I thought it was very well done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #147
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,360 Posts
    i don't think that's at all pretentious though. if i were pretentious i'd exclusively love french cinema by obscure directors or some shit you know. well that's an extreme example, but i absolutely love a lot of films you'd consider mainstream and successful like fight club and the dark knight and shit like that. if i'm so pretentious how come i thought real steel was pretty alright (for what it was)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Anonymous - 9.5/10

Surprisingly enjoyable. Great story.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,841 Posts
    Rubber oh god why?/10
    mediocre movie, but what an awesome soundtrack

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,794 Posts
    everyone who moans about rusty needs a baby's bottle..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    I'm going to watch the latest Transformers with some mates this afternoon

I CANNOT WAIT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #152
    April 2010
    1,732 Posts
    Grown Ups.

7/10.

Its not a super serious epic film, but like most of Adam Sandlers films, its just good fun.

I'm going to watch the latest Transformers with some mates this afternoon

I CANNOT WAIT.
    People seemed to hate the 2nd and 3rd transformers. Their stories were a bit thin, but I still thought they were fun. And 3 is definately better than 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #153
    August 2009
    2,753 Posts
    Green street 8.5/10
    Loved this movie. It had a great plot, the fights were intense and the ending was unexpected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

34. Post #154
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Transformers 3: 10/10

This is the BEST movie i've ever seen, the EMOTION, the DRAMA! This blockbuster is up there with all the great Uwe Boll productions.

RUSTY YOU'RE GONNA LOVE TRANSFORMERS 3!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 9 (list)

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,841 Posts
    The Hunter
    7.5/10
    I absolutely love Willem Dafoe and his performance in this movie was great. The movie is beautifully shot with some really awesome scenery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #156
    September 2008
    142 Posts
    Drive - 1000000/10
    Tied for my favorite movie of 2011 with Melancholia.

The Room - 10/10
    Best bad movie ever for sure, it's really so bad it's not just good but it's perfection in horribleness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,622 Posts
    Chronicle - 8/10

Very unique movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Drive - 1000000/10
    Tied for my favorite movie of 2011 with Melancholia.

The Room - 10/10
    Best bad movie ever for sure, it's really so bad it's not just good but it's perfection in horribleness.
    Melancholia holds a special place in my heart, watching it was a real rush, ANND we get to see some boob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,742 Posts
    Maniac Cop (1988)- 6/10? It was ok. Some of the acting was good (Bruce Campbell was the best obv), some not so much. Some of the more minor characters were just kinda bad. Ending was also an a bit of an anti climax. You spend a lot of the time learning about this killer cop but when you finally actually see him the whole thing's cut so short (no dialogue. That annoyed me.) and it was kinda cheesy and you could feel the 80's-ness of it at times. They created a good feel for New York though, being a sleazy dirty place etc.

Not something I'd recommend but it's not something I'd say is best to avoid, Bruce Campbell and Bruce Campbell's role was fun in it and actually I really liked it, but they didn't expand on it much at all. Especially since I only watched this because it had Bruce Campbell in it and the synopsis sounded pretty decent. Kinda disappointed in that aspect. Film left quite a few things to be desired. Not a bad movie but far from a great movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #160
    July 2009
    2,096 Posts
    The Woman in Black: 9

It kept you anxious. I didn't quite get the cold water down the spine feeling that everyone claimed they got from it, but maybe that's because Amnesia prepared me (along with giving me some confidence). Some of the scares were cheap and predictable, but the story was very creepy and sad and kept me interested. It also didn't pull that "here's someone getting tortured; you must be scared right... now!" bullshit. Overall, the movie was very tasteful.

Also, please tell your girlfriend or wife not to laugh hysterically and kick my seat when they're trying not be scared; it gets annoying. And tell your significant other not to wear jewelry when they hold your hand. My wife damn near cut my hand open with her wedding ring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)