1. Post #481
    Dragging, strange scenes are one of the reasons this film is such a masterpiece

It's meant to be weird, it's meant to confuse you, you're not supposed to feel you're just watching another film. It's made to be a unique experience, not something that just goes over you

It obviously did just go right over you though, but for all the wrong reasons. I guess you just didnt get it lol

watch it again I'd say
    I've seen 2001, and those scenes were long and draggy but kept me interested and freaked out.
    This was sort of like that, but less interesting, and didn't quite have the same effect on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #482
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,269 Posts
    I've seen 2001, and those scenes were long and draggy but kept me interested and freaked out.
    This was sort of like that, but less interesting, and didn't quite have the same effect on me.
    A Clockwork Orange > 2001
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

3. Post #483
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,144 Posts
    The Muppets - 7.5/10

Well I enjoyed it quite a bit, they did an alright job of trying to bring the muppets back I feel and some of the puppet work was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #484
    June 2010
    1,937 Posts
    Michael Bay confirmed as 'Transformers 4' director

Source

I don't have words to describe what I just read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts

Source
    I can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

6. Post #486
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    is another transformers even necessary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,269 Posts

Source

I don't have words to describe what I just read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #489
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    it was a very bad cow to begin with
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #490
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,974 Posts
    go away michael bay

Edited:

occupy michael bays house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

11. Post #491
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,720 Posts
    What if the world ends because of the release of Transformers 4?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #492
    February 2011
    425 Posts
    Sherlock Holmes 2 (Late, I know)
    10/10
    One of the Best Movies I've seen in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,269 Posts
    10/10
    I hated it to be honest with you. Didn't find it as interesting as the first one. A big letdown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,444 Posts
    10/10
    I dont really get these kind of guys.
    You dont just give 10/10 to everything.
    10/10 means that the movie is perfect. No flaws, nothing to nitpick.
    Incredible story, characters, sounds, music, etc.
    Even if you consider SH2 to be one of the best you've seen in a while, it's still not worth 10 points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Even if you consider SH2 to be one of the best you've seen in a while, it's still not worth 10 points.
    Some people have different opinions.

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    i'm just fuckin lazy and my 10/10 means GO SEE THIS MOTHERFUCKING MOVIE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I EMASCULATE EVERYTHING YOU LOVE TO DUST. (i'm a fucking unicorn i can do that)

that's the base line. it's that but with less intensity as it goes down a ways. like 9/10 might have less caps, 8/10 has hardly any caps in the statement and 7/10 has none. 6/10-4/10 means it had redeemable qualities but didn't have much of a profound effect, but if you're a fan you should see it. anything below that is shit.

if you didn't understand that basically i rate less technically and more emotionally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Misery

10/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    September 2005
    63,974 Posts
    it would be smart to rate both technically AND emotionally. you need both aspects for a movie to be good, and your rating should take both into account.
    if i think a movie is about a 9 technically and a 7 emotionally then it's an 8. not that i analyse it that simply or even think about doing it that way, its just what happens

because its the overall product that matters. its how both aspects come together to create a whole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    April 2010
    1,772 Posts
    To be honest I liked all 3 of the transformers films, (obviously the first was much better, but they were all ok).

I think the reason it got bad though is because they were running out of decent stories. They might manage to come up with a decent story for a 4th one. But I'm doubtful. Oh well, can always hope.

Just dear god dont do the ones where they turn into animals   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    with a completely new cast and no michael bay, maybe

21. Post #501
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    with a completely new cast and no michael bay, maybe
    That's already half wrong.

22. Post #502
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    what, why?

oh nvm

thought you were saying that it wouldn't make the movie better (not the fact that m bay is already directing it)

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts
    10/10 is subjective for the individual. Besides, that guy you questioned is an imbecile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    Went to see The Woman in Black yesterday, I felt it started out well but then just devolved into boring, cliche jump scares with little plot substance. I didn't feel there was much to Radcliffe's character either.

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts
    I'm not sure whether I'd want to see Woman in Black. The theatre version was so good and mesmorising..

same with the Warhorse movie actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,444 Posts
    Some people have different opinions.
    I understand this, but I really doubt that SH2 is the pinnacle of cinema.
    i'm just fuckin lazy and my 10/10 means GO SEE THIS MOTHERFUCKING MOVIE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I EMASCULATE EVERYTHING YOU LOVE TO DUST. (i'm a fucking unicorn i can do that)

that's the base line. it's that but with less intensity as it goes down a ways. like 9/10 might have less caps, 8/10 has hardly any caps in the statement and 7/10 has none. 6/10-4/10 means it had redeemable qualities but didn't have much of a profound effect, but if you're a fan you should see it. anything below that is shit.

if you didn't understand that basically i rate less technically and more emotionally.
    Rating emotionally is not a bad thing, but your rating system is very silly and not very useful.
    10/10 is subjective for the individual. Besides, that guy you questioned is an imbecile.
    I'm surprised. Akayz made a post with 2 statements, both of which are correct.
    But I think Rusty said it best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #507
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts
    it would be smart to rate both technically AND emotionally. you need both aspects for a movie to be good, and your rating should take both into account.
    if i think a movie is about a 9 technically and a 7 emotionally then it's an 8. not that i analyse it that simply or even think about doing it that way, its just what happens

because its the overall product that matters. its how both aspects come together to create a whole.
    I say rate it based on experience, then draw out reasons why you thought the experience was so however great.

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    I'm not sure whether I'd want to see Woman in Black. The theatre version was so good and mesmorising..
    I've heard that from a friend who saw in the theatre too, I reckon a lot must have been lost in transferring it to film.

29. Post #509
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    not necessarily.
    just that the good things outweighs the bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

30. Post #510
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    Technically a film should be rated accordingly:
    Sound: the quality and the placement, this includes the score and the sound effects along with others.

Cinematography: the quality of the scene, i hate shaky cam so it its overused i tend to rate it low, unless its used well. For example in the thing:2011 it seemed the camera never stopped bobbing around, this distracted us from the acting and the visuals, whereas the thing 1983 had smooth camera work on dollys or rails, this made us more involved as an outside viewer.

Camerawork: is the camera work well executed, for example in drive, i never felt claustrophobic when we saw shots inside the car, whereas in transporter i sometimes felt far to close into stathams face.

Acting, i don't really need to explain this, just compare Alien and then AVP, a class act against something you might maybe use to mop up a spill.
    Emotionally however, although its alot more objective, i rate it as such

Believability, this ties into how believable the actors are, not the scenario film. ie: I rate the acting in event horizon very well although its not really a believable scenario.

Survivability, (re-watch value) would you be happy to watch the film again, or recommend it seriously to someone who likes film, For example i found DOOM to be quite fun, but i would not really want to watch it again and i would in no way recommend it to anyone.

What i like to call "is that super glue on my ass? because i cant get off my seat" This ties into how riveting and paced the movie is, can i sit through all of it without thinking "i wish i could skip past this bit" or does it have my attention all the way through. this also ties into re-watch value.

There are of course many more points to make, but generally these are the values of which i rate films. SO far i have never encountered a 9/10 film, but i can always hope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    487 Posts
    Shooter
    6/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts
    I've heard that from a friend who saw in the theatre too, I reckon a lot must have been lost in transferring it to film.
    for one thing the theatre is so small and compact which gives you extreme immersion. nothing like it.

33. Post #513
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    "re-watchability" doesn't really define how good a movie is
    the big lebowski is a good movie to watch again and again, but a movie like the hangover is only funny the first time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

34. Post #514
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    the big lebowski is a good movie to watch again and again, but a movie like the hangover is only funny the first time
    This is what i mean though, i would rate a movie higher if i can re-watch it and feel the same tension, humour or fear that i did when i first watched it. When i re-watch alien for example I find it even scarier than the first time because of the build-up, and the inevitable end, the only thing ruined is that i know who survives.

As far as the hangover goes, i felt the jokes where well executed but cheap, meaning that they where formulated in such a way that when you rewatch it, the humour value is lost because all the jokes where "oh shit, when did i do X" and you already know what x is and how so the joke is ruined. I can rewatch airplane however because the jokes are timeless, and they dont get unfunny after the first watch, in fact I am always "this is the good bit!" and the line dont call me shirley.

However, i did call the motional side of viewing more subjective, You may feel re-watch-ability is not so important, But in my opinion it is, which is why i rate accordingly on that part. Emotion is so hard to gage from person to person as we are all individually so unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #515
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    the hangover is never funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts
    the "Dr Faggot" joke is possibly the worst, most cringe-worthy comedic experience I've ever had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    J. Edgar 8/10

dicaprio rocked this one. excellent film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,941 Posts
    J. Edgar 8/10

dicaprio rocked this one. excellent film.
    I plan on seeing that tonight. Cheers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #519
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,968 Posts
    Hobo with a Shotgun

7.5: Good for shits and giggles, but obviously not a piece of cinema mastery. Watched it with Machete, which I think I enjoyed more.

40. Post #520
    September 2005
    63,974 Posts
    I hated machete. Hobo with a shotgun was so much better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)