1. Post #2561
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,326 Posts
    The Haunting (1963) - 10/10
    Wow that was intense. If there ever needed to be proof that you can make an effective horror film with literally no gore then this is it. It was also a great movie. Would recommend, a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2562
    November 2009
    6,884 Posts
    John Carter: 4/10
    It was just so fucking stupid, I'm sorry but, holy shit, I did like the effects though, but everything else was meh.

Wraith of the Titans 3D:
    7/10
    3D is a gimmick, the only bit in 3D was the credits, overall terrible. Cool action and crap but it was still pretty meh, butchered the mythology and shit as well.
    Is this for real?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #2563
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts
    The Music Room - 7/10
    quite sad but the music scenes are all so entertaining to watch, I could watch it again for those. shows a man's love for music (above all else) in a sensitive way. second satyajit ray film I've seen, I need to see more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #2564
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts
    The Cabin in the Woods.
    7/10

A really great un-spoof of the traditional horror movie :)
    Only detracting element was that a few of the actors were lacking. Beyond that, greatness!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2565
    Rango - 8/10

It was genuinely entertaining, the jokes and references were smart, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

6. Post #2566
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Letters to God- 10/10

I genuinely cried the last half of the film. This movie is extremely emotional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #2567
    Otter Member
    May 2011
    4,619 Posts
    Scarface (1983) - 9.5/10

A couple of my friends tried to turn me off from watching Scarface, but I really wanted to watch it anyways. I've seen a couple of scenes here and there, and I don't know why I didn't watch the full movie sooner. It's a great tale of rags to riches, and I'm sure everyone in this thread knows how it goes.

The story is both fantastic and tragic, and it's another great crime-action movie I love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #2568
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,622 Posts
    God Bless America - 6/10

Expected more, I felt like I had seen this movie dozens of times already. Nowhere near as good as World's Greatest Dad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

9. Post #2569
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

10. Post #2570
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,771 Posts
    The Cabin in the Woods - 8.5/10

It was a hell of a lot funnier than I was expecting, it is a shame the horror element relied mostly on jump scares though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2571
    Caragolpe
    i just read the entire story of human centipede 2 on wikipedia and i feel sick as fuck
    i wonder if someday i'll be able to watch these fucked up movies without vomiting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

12. Post #2572
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,873 Posts
    i just read the entire story of human centipede 2 on wikipedia and i feel sick as fuck
    i wonder if someday i'll be able to watch these fucked up movies without vomiting.
    I didn't enjoy The Human Centipede movies, but then again, I knew what I was getting into.

I wonder what Tom Six is planning for Part III.

13. Post #2573
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    A lot of people I know watched The Last Exorcism on t.v the other day, I didn't because the advert for it made me jump while I was watching Homeland (it was a jump scare with no prior warning whatsoever). They've relayed the story to me since and I would award the film a "why would anyone watch this / 10"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #2574
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,156 Posts
    I just saw a screening of Pirates! Band of Misfits followed by a Q&A with the director, Peter Lord (who also directed Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run.)

It was a cute movie, had some clever laughs though the story was rather predictable. I'm really excited, though.

I got a signed autographed poster from the director, this makes me way too happy because Wallace and Gromit was one of my favorite things from my childhood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

15. Post #2575
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,285 Posts
    God Bless America 8/10

A good movie where lots of annoying people die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #2576
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    A good movie where lots of annoying people die.
    I haven't watched it, but isn't this the point that the author is making fun of? Like, "people thinking that annoying people should die is a stupid thing" is, apparently, the point of the movie (or so I was told), and the whole film is a satire

but again, I haven't seen it, so I don't know if this is really the movie's intention.
    that's still a stupid reason though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

17. Post #2577
    Caragolpe
    man the chick on god bless america is hot
    is it illegal if i fap to it?

Edited:

yes she is 18 im not gettin arrested
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2578
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    I haven't watched it, but isn't this the point that the author is making fun of? Like, "people thinking that annoying people should die is a stupid thing" is, apparently, the point of the movie (or so I was told), and the whole film is a satire

but again, I haven't seen it, so I don't know if this is really the movie's intention.
    Either way a lot of people will enjoy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2579
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    I know they will, but it saddens me that they'll enjoy it for the "wrong" reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

20. Post #2580
    July 2007
    321 Posts
    Cabin In The Woods 8.5/10

Now that was entertaining! Kept throwing curve balls, but came together very well. Had the perfect blend of laughs, tension and actual moments you were cheering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #2581
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,153 Posts
    Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

8/10

I like this one better. It's funnier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #2582
    Four Lions - 7.5/10

Entertaining throughout, although a tad slow in some places.

The humor and ineptitude of the characters was used quite well to lighten the mood in dramatic scenes.

My only gripe is that some scenes dragged on a bit longer than I would have preferred, leading to a dense ~1:35 of film.

The very last scene ended on a heavy note, but doesn't leave you emotionally drained.

I would probably end up watching this again sometime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #2583
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,793 Posts
    I'm sorry but Four Lions was anything but slow. Then again I'm the guy who'd watch Once Upon a Time in America so who knows. :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #2584
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,285 Posts

I watched it at 5AM and commented at 6AM, so I really didn't know what to say. Yeah, I know the whole point of the movie isn't that annoying people should die.
    It was an OK movie and that's why I gave it 8/10, I didn't really mean that the fact that annoying people die makes it 8/10, just tried to make the plot short.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #2585
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    man the chick on god bless america is hot
    is it illegal if i fap to it?
    She's 18
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #2586
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,836 Posts
    Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

8/10

I like this one better. It's funnier
    I found it incredibly hard to follow.

Maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker, but I understood the first easily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

27. Post #2587
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    201 Posts
    Is it just me or does Robert Downey Jr have very similar characters? I mean they all have such a big ego and act smartass?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #2588
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,273 Posts
    Watching Battle: LA

"It's coming up..."

Edited:

Oh wow, they won pretty sudden.

Edited:

Great. Now they're going back inside the hot zone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

29. Post #2589
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    Is it just me or does Robert Downey Jr have very similar characters? I mean they all have such a big ego and act smartass?
    I think it's usually like that with many actors that get really famous for one or two good movies, all of a sudden. Everyone loved Iron Man, I guess they tried to use the same formula.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #2590
    What about due date? He's in it

31. Post #2591
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    What about due date? He's in it
    In Due Date he has a big ego and acts like a jackass instead of a smartass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

32. Post #2592
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,458 Posts
    I didn't enjoy The Human Centipede movies, but then again, I knew what I was getting into.

I wonder what Tom Six is planning for Part III.
    Apparently 100% politically incorrect, with the doctor from I and martin from II are back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #2593
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,793 Posts
    Contagion - 4/10

Attempted to make you follow far too many stories. The only person I actually had some small sense of investment in was Matt Damon's character, and that's because he was the only person I saw actually effected by the disease. It just left me feeling quite empty. I think there were 5 plots or so going on at once that were somewhat connected, but none of them explored enough to really validate a reaction from me. Some actions by characters felt odd because of how little we knew about them and that part of the story. In fact, I had to ask whether or not somebody had actually died because it skitted about so much I wasn't quite sure.

However, the music, editing, photography and acting were decent from what I recall. I watched this film with a cold, constantly coughing and sneezing, although that didn't really aid immersion
    Dude, it's hyperlink cinema you can't just moan about it being too much to take in because that's the point.

I haven't seen that but stuff like hyperlink is what moves the times forward imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #2594
    A mime cries softly as he cradles a young cow
    May 2010
    1,304 Posts
    Swing Kids - 9/10

35. Post #2595
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Just finished watching Bridge To Terabithia - 7.3

Had some fun watching, although    I thought it was supposed to be a fun movie. Not some tear-jerking heart crushing drama because the kid died... :(   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #2596
    Jared Leto is a really good. He's amazing at both acting and singing. Now that's hard to find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2597
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,741 Posts
    I remember watching that when it came out and I hated it because i was so confused and it made no sense I didn't even know    the girl died for a while afterwards   

It came out like 5 years ago or something tho so i was like 13 which i think is an ok excuse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #2598
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I remember watching that when it came out and I hated it because i was so confused and it made no sense I didn't even know    the girl died for a while afterwards   

It came out like 5 years ago or something tho so i was like 13 which i think is an ok excuse
    I'm 21 now and although I didn't quite cry, I was sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

39. Post #2599
    I have no fucking clue what Mr nobody was about, after watching it

40. Post #2600
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,873 Posts
    Going to watch "Pink Floyd: The Wall" soon.

Has anyone here got an opinion on it? I've heard mixed thoughts.