1. Post #3601
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    That's quite an ethical dilemma. Is the harm she caused any less because she can't remember she did it? Is she still culpable?
    2. I think if a war criminal had alzheimers I would want them tried even if they didn't remember it, I consider what Thatcher did worthy of some sort of inquest or trial
    Don't vote her in. Unlike Hitler, she didn't get deposed by outside parties and wasn't needed to. Every policy she passed was thanks to a majority in votes. I know most people these days haven't a clue how to vote responsibly, the past ten years of conflicts and protests thereof show that clearly, but back then? really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

2. Post #3602
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,727 Posts
    Don't vote her in. Unlike Hitler, she didn't get deposed by outside parties and wasn't needed to. Every policy she passed was thanks to a majority in votes. I know most people these days haven't a clue how to vote responsibly, the past ten years of conflicts and protests thereof show that clearly, but back then? really?
    It was the 80s, people with money started getting cunty and selfish and she convinced them that they could live great if they shit on the lower classes. None of my family ever voted for her, and the policies are passed more by parliament than public vote
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3603
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,961 Posts
    The Innkeepers 6/10

While the movie was overall enjoyable, I felt the story had no depth to it. The characters were given little to no backstory, so the viewer was left with no attachment, and when the story finally starts to pick up, it abruptly ends with no explanation as to what or why.

Dream House 7/10

I'm not really sure what to say about this one. Halfway through, you would think it was written by M. Night Shyamalan, and despite being pretty predictable, wasn't a half bad movie. More of a watch once, and enjoy, but very unlike to watch again kind of movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3604
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    It was the 80s, people with money started getting cunty and selfish and she convinced them that they could live great if they shit on the lower classes. None of my family ever voted for her, and the policies are passed more by parliament than public vote
    That's Representative Democracy for ya. It's fucking shit, the bigger the represented populace gets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

5. Post #3605
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    Indiana jones: the temple of doom 8/10

imo its the best indiana movie (or aleast the most intressting one).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3606
    November 2009
    6,717 Posts
    the blind swordsman: zatoichi 2/5
    :< worst Kitano movie I've seen, plot was so uninteresting, no energy to anything. at least there were some totally weird funny moments that reminded me of some other Kitano films like Sonatine.
    that's the one where he's super old and it turns out he isn't blind right? yeah, that one sucked. mind you, there are about 28 zatoichi films, but that one is probably the worst of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3607
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    the prisoner in the closet in Sanjuro is hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3608
    project X

An orthodox jew persuades his loser friends into hosting a dope ass party, filmed by an autistic kid

6/10 - stupid as fuck but it was awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3609
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    Prometheus - 6/10...

Seriously disappointing, especially in the story front.
    Felt like it was edited in a hurry and most of the acting was really quite bad save for Fassbender.
    Made me jump a few times and it was pretty to look at though.
    Wouldn't call the acting bad. The script was pretty mediocre.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3610
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3611
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    saw Melancholia.

probably the most soothing of the Lars movies.
    There's a running theme through pretty much all his movies I have noticed. Well I've seen about 5 of them now, and they've all been roughly about female depression.

It's not ridiculously intense or ridiculously depressing. It just feels serene, and it's a quality I like about this, unlike many of his other movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #3612
    May 2012
    184 Posts
    saw Melancholia.

probably the most soothing of the Lars movies.
    There's a running theme through pretty much all his movies I have noticed. Well I've seen about 5 of them now, and they've all been roughly about female depression.

It's not ridiculously intense or ridiculously depressing. It just feels serene, and it's a quality I like about this, unlike many of his other movies.
    Quite often the point of his films is the power shift between two characters. Melancholia is about how the strong become weak when theres something to lose and how the weak become strong because they don't give a shit. Antichrist had a similar theme. I thought Melancholia was a far superior film to Antichrist. Big fan of his stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #3613
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    yeah, I really liked Breaking the Waves and Dancer in the Dark. But damn those are ridiculously depressive.

Will definitely see a few more of his though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3614
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    Gattaca 5/5 - amazing concept and setting; would watch again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #3615
    August 2010
    1,447 Posts
    Bleak Moments - 4/5
    incredibly awkward and lonely and... bleak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #3616
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,553 Posts
    Prometheus - 7.5/10

I really liked Prometheus, it's flaws were a drawback, but I was able to ignore them. Some parts were somewhat pointless, and some parts were perfect. I also loved that almost all the scenes in this film were sets, especially inside the alien ship.

Some drawbacks were,    Why did David poison Holloway? If it was to extract the Alien out of him, then it failed. It's just as if David wanted him dead. And I don't get why David decided to turn on the crew. Also, I really disliked the ending, it just felt rushed. They take off, leaving what ever happened behind. I think it's cause the Nostromos from Alien is going there, but honestly I hope this has a recut and a sequel to fill in the blanks   

17. Post #3617
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,948 Posts
    Prometheus - 7.9/10

The first like 4/5 were just so amazing, but then after the absolutely horrifying    abortion scene    it just kinda became more hit and miss (   although I didn't care much for the zombie attack scene either   ), and the lack of answers combined with answers that didn't make any sense started to get annoying. Plus I had my hopes up for a conclusion as badass as the one in Alien and I didn't really feel like this one came close. I also felt some of the characters were just wasted    yes lets reveal vickers is the daughter of Weyland and then promptly kill her off in a stupid fashion. And who the fuck grabs an alien worm when it's obviously not willing to play nice?    But overall I still enjoyed it.

Also to the above post    the nostromo isn't going there. This planet was LV233. LV426 is where the nostromo went, which makes you wonder why they show us a semi-xenomorph get made if we're on a totally different planet. it's like they wanted to connect to alien but didn't at the same time. Why not show us what happened on 426 instead? Oh well. And the sequel will depart even further from the Alien story and focus pretty much solely on the engineers.    I hope they make the sequel regardless, that'll be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3618
    November 2009
    6,717 Posts
    Prometheus - 7.9/10

The first like 4/5 were just so amazing, but then after the absolutely horrifying    abortion scene    it just kinda became more hit and miss (   although I didn't care much for the zombie attack scene either   ), and the lack of answers combined with answers that didn't make any sense started to get annoying. Plus I had my hopes up for a conclusion as badass as the one in Alien and I didn't really feel like this one came close. I also felt some of the characters were just wasted    yes lets reveal vickers is the daughter of Weyland and then promptly kill her off in a stupid fashion. And who the fuck grabs an alien worm when it's obviously not willing to play nice?    But overall I still enjoyed it.

Also to the above post    the nostromo isn't going there. This planet was LV233. LV426 is where the nostromo went, which makes you wonder why they show us a semi-xenomorph get made if we're on a totally different planet. it's like they wanted to connect to alien but didn't at the same time. Why not show us what happened on 426 instead? Oh well. And the sequel will depart even further from the Alien story and focus pretty much solely on the engineers.    I hope they make the sequel regardless, that'll be interesting.
    retcon

they won't admit it, but prometheus is an alien prequel disguised as a spin-off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #3619
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,192 Posts
    I just came back from Prometheus too
    Overall I enjoyed it, after the internet really lowered my expectations, but not in a way that I've probably ever enjoyed any other movie before.
    Alien was a claustrophobic horror, Aliens was sci-fi action, and this... I don't even know, it was trying to channel a bit of both and lots of scenes felt like Alien homages.
    The dialogue was a bit iffy at times and as postal mentioned a lot of the character decisions were extremely stupid.
    The only character I really cared about was Shaw, and David but that was more a testament to Michael Fassbender's acting than David's writing, whose thought process seemed a bit illogical for a cyborg/robot/whatever.
    A lot of the scenes also felt a bit rushed, like they were trying to cram a lot into this movie and it definitely feels like a movie meant to start a series instead of a standalone piece.

Now the part of the movie I enjoyed was basically not even in the movie itself. I was simply intrigued by the movie's universe and all the questions it brought up. I don't think I'll ever see this movie again and it just really made me want to rewatch Alien, but I'm really looking forward to the obvious eventual sequel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #3620
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    943 Posts
    No Country for Old Men: 9.6/10

Easily one of the best movies of the 2000's. Great acting, great writing, and enjoyable overall. I especially liked Javier Bardem's performance as Anton. The worst part about the movie was that I could not understand Tommy Lee Jones at all, his quiet voice combined with the southern accent made his speech extremely hard to make out. The Coen brothers delivered another great movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #3621
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,071 Posts
    While the movie was overall enjoyable, I felt the story had no depth to it. The characters were given little to no backstory, so the viewer was left with no attachment, and when the story finally starts to pick up, it abruptly ends with no explanation as to what or why.
    I felt a lot of attachment to the characters due to how well they were written. You don't always need a backstory - some characters are just cool and likable in a "they could be great friends of mine" kind of way, that if you just met them you'd like them and care about them.

Edited:

Prometheus - 7.9/10

exaccctttlllyyyyyy. postals on the money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #3622
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,317 Posts
    project X

An orthodox jew persuades his loser friends into hosting a dope ass party, filmed by an autistic kid

6/10 - stupid as fuck but it was awesome
    I have only seen 3 movies that I regret watching because of how bad they are.

this is one of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #3623
    September 2005
    63,071 Posts
    yeah thats about right

24. Post #3624
    But thatcher invaded falklands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #3625
    November 2009
    6,717 Posts
    Project X - 2/10

shit in a can is more entertaining, a few funny parts, nothing "extreme" in my opinion, but man has hollywood's view of real life high school gotten terrible over the decades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #3626
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,553 Posts
    Prometheus - 7.9/10

So basically    Alien has no affiliation with Prometheus anymore? It'd be nice for Scott to make a snag at Alien, at least mention it.    Oh well, and yeah I hope for a sequel. It should be a bit better than Prometheus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #3627
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    all this promethium moaning, I bet it's all menial and the movie is actually truly good.

"bad acting"

Do you people not know who Michael Fassbender is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #3628
    all this promethium moaning, I bet it's all menial and the movie is actually truly good.

"bad acting"

Do you people not know who Michael Fassbender is?
    Yeah he is very hot.

I masturbate to him frequently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #3629
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    But thatcher invaded falklands
    It was still a bad movie!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #3630
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,735 Posts
    Going to get a tattoo and see Prometheus for my 18th birthday today.

I've heard a lot of mixed thoughts on it, but it's not going to sway me from enjoying it if I do. I've heard from a couple reliable sources that it's a pretty damn good movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #3631
    Lawl & Order
    December 2008
    980 Posts
    Prometheus - 8/10

Yeah there were plot holes, but definitely NOT to an extent of it ruining the movie. It gives the viewer room for imagination.

Michael Fassbender did an amazing job. And visually speaking......just wow.

I love the way Ridley Scott directs, he did an outstanding job in this. The suspense/moments of chaos.....I definitely got that feel as when I watched moments of Alien.

If you're even slightly interested in seeing this, go see it. "Major disappointment" my ass. I'm an enormous fan of Alien/Aliens and I think it does the franchise well. Can't wait till this comes out on Blu-Ray!

I honestly think that because of how often crappy movies are made nowadays, people don't know a good flick when they see it. So when something great like this comes out, they'll make it seem like it's some disappointment.

32. Post #3632
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    Boyz n the Hood (1991)

Solid portrayal of life in south central LA. It's also worth mentioning that Ice Cube stars in it.

8/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #3633
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    My parents went to see Moonrise Kingdom, said it's a 9/10. Bruce Willlis is really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #3634
    September 2005
    63,071 Posts
    Dream House 7/10

I'm not really sure what to say about this one. Halfway through, you would think it was written by M. Night Shyamalan, and despite being pretty predictable, wasn't a half bad movie. More of a watch once, and enjoy, but very unlike to watch again kind of movie.
    Watched this, it was alright. Nothing memorable and after it's done it leaves your mind instantly. Don't even feel like reviewing it properly. 6/10 (cant believe u rated it higher, innkeepers was way cooler)

Edited:

actually I think maybe 6 is too high for something so forgettable

Edited:

this is why i usually think on it for a while and let a movie sink in before declaring what i think

35. Post #3635
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    Boyz n the Hood (1991)

Solid portrayal of life in south central LA. It's also worth mentioning that Ice Cube stars in it.

8/10
    Boyz n the hood
    7-8/10
    Then Menace II Society 7/10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #3636
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,399 Posts
    Men In Black 3 - 7.5/10

Can't be bothered reviewing it properly right now but yeah it was decent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #3637
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,721 Posts
    My parents went to see Moonrise Kingdom, said it's a 9/10. Bruce Willlis is really good.
    God damn I wish I could see it. Wes Anderson has colored me impressed ever since I saw The Royal Tenenbaums. His writing sometimes is too pretentious, but otherwise, a soild director who makes films in a unique way. Moonrise Kingdom isn't showing in a theater in about 5 hour radius of where I live. It's depressing.

Edited:

Also, the last movie I saw was About Schmidt. I'd give it a 9.4/10. Jack Nicholsan is old, and this movie shows a fiery man who's became docile in his age, so it's such a perfect, ironic feeling to see him act this way knowing it's how he is. The writing is superb, Nicholson is in one of his oddest roles, but he's still amazing as always is. And this may be one of the ore depressing movies I've seen, especially seeing as the entire movie leads to the last, heart-felt scene.

38. Post #3638
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,537 Posts
    Prometheus

like 7.something /10 I guess

good acting, good effects, good plot up until the last half or so then it almost goes completely to shit

the characters make some truly baffling decisions and seem to change their opinions on how to react to things in a matter of minutes

for example

two scientist dudes get lost because they were too freaked out by the big dead aliens to stick around

ok sure that's fine

then a living alien worm that is very obviously hostile shows up and they're just like

AWW COME HERE BABY DON'T BE SHY WOW YOU'RE ADORABLE I'M GONNA PET YOU"

what the hell dude 

enjoyable but ultimately disappointing and it wasn't nearly what I was hoping for

even if it wasn't a direct prequel to alien I would have been fine had the script not becoming a baffling mess of bullshit and bad decisions in the end

Edited:

michael fassbender made the movie if nothing else see it for him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3639
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,696 Posts
    Killer Elite.
    I don't really like rating stuff in numbers but I really liked it. Jason Statham being a badass, Clive Owen being a badass, Robert De Niro being a bit of a badass in the times he's in, an interesting spy-like storyline and some really good suspense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

40. Post #3640
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,719 Posts
    I sort of liked killer elite until halfway through, though these romantic flashback thingies were too out of place IMO. after a while, mostly near the end, it got really boring, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events