1. Post #4601
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    944 Posts
    Re-Watched The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: 9.8/10

Watched this on an airplane because there was nothing else good or interesting to see. Still one of my favorite movies, barely any flaws with the film. The ending still keeps me in suspense after the 800th time watching it, which is a great trait for the ending of any film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #4602
    December 2009
    8,017 Posts
    God Bless America 10/10

NOTHING is more truer than this movie, it doesn't even have ANY of the usual movie clichés and everything about this movie is just perfect for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #4603
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,953 Posts
    God Bless America 10/10

NOTHING is more truer than this movie, it doesn't even have ANY of the usual movie clichés and everything about this movie is just perfect for me.
    is this post a joke
    like seriously is it a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4604
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,829 Posts
    ted - 4/10

felt like one family guy episode that was stretched into an entire movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4605
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    Finally got around to see fight club.
    9/10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #4606
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,927 Posts
    I don't rank The Great Dictator very high in the Chaplin library myself, I'm just thinking it might be too jarring for someone who has only seen one black and white movie to immediately jump into the silent era.

I say this because I'm friends with a lot of people who have bad movie opinions and it's hard enough to get them to consider watching a movie made before the 90s, moreso with black & white movies, and even further with silent movies.

And then their reaction will generally be "well that was interesting to see I guess but it really made me appreciate how good movies are now"
    I don't give a crap, I saw those movies as a kid thanks to my dad. It's not like the movies are "too deep" for anyone to watch.

Casablanca was probably the wrong choice for a first bw film, I love that movie but only first saw that a few months back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #4607
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,852 Posts
    My 10 year old brother watches almost exclusively b&w films.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4608
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,220 Posts
    God Bless America 10/10

"more truer"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #4609
    Caragolpe
    God Bless America 10/10

"yeeeeh dude, fuck the man"

the movie is like a gun that constantly fires bullets with monologues about why modern pop culture sucks but it's not really entartaining at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

10. Post #4610
    December 2009
    8,017 Posts
    "more truer"
    English isn't my first language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #4611
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    showed my friend Alien for the first time

"this nigga sweatin milk what the fuck"

Edited:

he only gave it an 8/10 oh well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

12. Post #4612
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,927 Posts
    Looking for a great black and white movie,

The only black and white I have watched fully is casablanca, I didn't really get it and was really just watching to pretend I had taste, or something

I need a black and white movie that I can enjoy as much as a modern day flick
    Witness for the Prosecution (1954)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #4613
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,764 Posts
    Looking for a great black and white movie,

The only black and white I have watched fully is casablanca, I didn't really get it and was really just watching to pretend I had taste, or something

I need a black and white movie that I can enjoy as much as a modern day flick
    The Longest Day is boring in the begging but picks up after awhile.

14. Post #4614
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,927 Posts
    Witness for the Prosecution (1954)
    haven't seen that one, you should have posted it in that legal/court movies thread. :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #4615
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,764 Posts
    End of Evangelion, 9.5/10
    I don't like Orange Tang anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4616
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,439 Posts
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher's version)
    8.5/10
    Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but its still a very good movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4617
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    Just came back from Moonrise Kingdom
    I loved it. It started off quirky and then just spiraled into complete, fantastic absurdity. The actors were great and the cinematography was beautiful.

Also went with two people who have never seen a Wes Anderson movie and they also seemed to love it so that turned out well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4618
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    Just watched Ted 7/10. I enjoyed it for the type of movie it was.

Also, OutofExile2 I truly envy you at the moment. I cannot wait to watch that movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #4619
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,476 Posts
    There aren't any theaters within like a 20 mile radius of me that are playing moonrise kingdom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #4620
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,220 Posts
    All this praise for Moonrise Kingdom makes me want to check it out. I haven't heard one bad thing about it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #4621
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,519 Posts
    Crazy, Stupid, Love: 8/10

Pretty good film with a nice cast. Steve Carell, Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling, Julian Moore and Kevin Fucking Bacon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #4622
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,927 Posts
    haven't seen that one, you should have posted it in that legal/court movies thread. :-)
    Sorry babe, this is pretty much the only thread I browse in the Film/TV section.

Carlito's Way - 9/10. Can't remember the last time I wanted the protagonist to succeed so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #4623
    21 jump street

6/10

Don't know why its so hyped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4624
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Hunger Games - 9/10
    I liked the book as well as the movie. My only complaint is the shaky camera on some of the scenes.

25. Post #4625
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,764 Posts
    UHF -10/10

26. Post #4626
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,927 Posts
    Mission Impossible 6/10
    MI2 4/10
    MI3 5/10

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol 7.5/10
    It was here where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Ghost Protocol was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #4627
    Ong-Bak 2 it was very bad except for the action 4/10

28. Post #4628
    September 2010
    1,453 Posts
    Mission Impossible 6/10
    MI2 4/10
    MI3 5/10

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol 7.5/10
    It was here where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Ghost Protocol was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three movies.
    Ghost protocol was also pretty hilarious at points. I'm not usually one for slapstick humour but the bit where he is rappelling down the burj dubai and trys to swing through the window made me lmao.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #4629
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,927 Posts
    Ghost Protocol felt a LOT different the preceding 3. To be honest, it's the only one worth watching for the sheer relentlessness of the stunts.

30. Post #4630
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    21 jump street

6/10

Don't know why its so hyped.
    i dont either, but its definitely higher than a 6/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #4631
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,215 Posts
    Ghost Protocol felt a LOT different the preceding 3. To be honest, it's the only one worth watching for the sheer relentlessness of the stunts.
    It's definitely a lot better than the first 3. I didn't expect it to be very good but was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it more than the ones before it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #4632
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,927 Posts
    I dunno about everyone else but the first 3 were duds imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4633
    13 Assassins 8/10

Slow build-up but the payoff was huge.

They shoulda put up a killcount for the latter half, they killed more people than that scene in Kill Bill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #4634
    September 2010
    1,453 Posts
    13 Assassins 8/10

Slow build-up but the payoff was huge.

They shoulda put up a killcount for the latter half, they killed more people than that scene in Kill Bill.
    Any movie following that plot is bound to have a great climax. I remember there was a tf2 machinima based on the same idea.

Edited:

I recently watched the Dead Poets society, it was more downbeat than I expected at the end, and I didn't find it as uplifting as perhaps it was intended to be(?) but nonetheless I really enjoyed it. I liked all the characters (except that one guy's douchebag dad) as they all seemed very genuine with great performances from the cast, but the ending left it feeling a little unresolved in my opinion. This is probably a good thing because a typical hollywood happy ending would have been innappropriate, so I guess i'll give it an 8.5/9 out of 10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #4635
    May 2012
    184 Posts
    Rum Diaries
    Well anyone expecting a follow up to fear and loathing is in for a disappointment because its a different film. Thats fine for me because although I accept the genius of Terry Gilliams, Hunter S Thomson tribute, I still hated watching it. That doesn't mean the Rum Diaries is any better. The story was pointless, what little there was, and the characters far too weak to carry the film. The performances were more than good enough but the script gave them nothing to entertain or absorb us with.

A totally pointless film with no focus other than to satisfy Johnny Depp's obssession with Thomson. I don't like Hunter S Thomson anyway, he was hugely over rated and of his time. I don't feel his satire, political sideswipes or zany life is worthy of such attn. This film was totally boring and I recommend not watching it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #4636
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,220 Posts
    Alien (2003 Director's Cut)- 10/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #4637
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,927 Posts
    finished watching Mike Leigh's Naked.

Great film. The second of his movies I've seen and the director really does get in touch with his characters. The movie feels natural because it just is, and it's not to say that "the actors are like that anyway", it's truly like these people completely absorbed into these people naturally.

It's hilarious and yet tormenting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4638
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,519 Posts
    Drive: 9/10

Damn, that movie was good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #4639
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,927 Posts

7/10

A story of an aging womanizer and an inexperienced young woman as they both find love for the first time. Set on the backdrop of a town whose residents have yet to grasp what it means to grow old, lovely shots of beautiful North Carolina along with some gentle music set the mood for this tale of first love. Minus three points because of some really shoddy acting which sucked out the drama in pivotal scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #4640
    April 2012
    61 Posts
    Days of Heaven

The cinematography is picturesque and serene painting a vivid landscape of turn 20th century farm life in a romantic style. The dialogue did not really stand out but the story was moderately compelling. What did distinguish this movie though was the simple but vast landscape and atmosphere of the farm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)