1. Post #2881
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,793 Posts
    Dude.. At school I once brought in Total Recall. I think I was 14 at the time.

I feel sorry for you. :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #2882
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,359 Posts
    No it doesn't. They never explain where the tesseract came from or how they got it. Or Loki's motives.
    first of all captain america states that it belonged to redskull during ww2 and it was frozen along with the cap - enough explanation required for the avengers
    second, loki's motives were that he thought he was better than all of humanity and considered himself a god and is the brother of thor - enough explanation required for the avengers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #2883
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Man, just watch all of the Marvel movies.
    They're all good fun to watch in their own ways.

Captain America, Iron Man 2, and The Incredible Hulk are just a little less well made than the other two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #2884
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,836 Posts
    the only one I haven't seen is hulk. Is it worth a watch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

5. Post #2885
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    Dude.. At school I once brought in Total Recall. I think I was 14 at the time.

I feel sorry for you. :-)
    Hey, it's fine. We got to watch "Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn" in film class. I'm content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #2886
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    @klaser My advice is, watch every movie...

Btw, just got home from 3D projection of Avengerz...so pumped, movie is awesome, it was everything i expected (in terms of action and badassery) and much more (what's up with humour, it is straight up comedy with mr. Stark and Hulk leading )

8.8/10

GO SEE IT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #2887
    November 2009
    6,888 Posts
    They made us watch it. There was no other movie.

It's pretty bad how the movies they show us have to be rated G in my senior year of high school. They got away with showing us Spider-Man 2 when I was in fourth grade and that had a certain scene that the teachers cringed at.

1:20 into it one of the nurses' nails drag on the floor to the point of them falling apart.

Jesus Christ, that STILL makes me cringe. Why were we able to watch shit like this in elementary school but are forced to watch straight-to-video family film tripe in high school?

Eh, whatever. It almost went into "so bad it's good" territory.
    In my high school, they had us & our parents sign a waiver (if we were under 17) stating that it was okay for us to see R-rated movies in school. i got to see saving private ryan in 8th grade thanks to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #2888
    April 2010
    319 Posts
    The Avengers 9/10. Definitely the best movie so far this year. Most of the action moments were truly epic and enjoyable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #2889
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,007 Posts
    2012 seems to be an amazing year for movies, Avengers, Prometheus, The Worlds End etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #2890
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,139 Posts
    2012 seems to be an amazing year for movies, Avengers, Prometheus, The Worlds End etc

Pretty sure that's gonna be 2013. Simons busy with Star Trek and they're still working on the writing part. I'd be really surprised if it was 2012 (and yeah I know they said awhile back they were aiming for that, but that was before star trek 2 took over)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #2891
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Avengers 8/10
    Had some cheesy parts, some good funny moments that made everyone laugh.
       The part where hulk smashes the metal...turtle thing into the ground and made it flip over pretty much, I don't think that's very realistic. I mean, that thing must weigh about a million pounds. The hulk (realistically) should be about 200 pounds. How did he make that much impact on it when he shouldn't even be able to move it?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #2892
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    Avengers 8/10
       The part where hulk smashes the metal...turtle thing into the ground and made it flip over pretty much, I don't think that's very realistic. I mean, that thing must weigh about a million pounds. The hulk (realistically) should be about 200 pounds. How did he make that much impact on it when he shouldn't even be able to move it?   
        Dude, it's The Hulk.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

13. Post #2893
    November 2009
    6,888 Posts
    Avengers 8/10
    clearly you haven't read the comics.    when the hulk gets angrier, he only gets stronger, regenerates faster, and even his speed increases. the guy pretty much goes super saiyan.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #2894
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    also, hulk is pretty much the strongest hero on earth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

15. Post #2895
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts
    The hulk (realistically) should be about 200 pounds.
    More like 400 kg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

16. Post #2896
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Avengers 8/10
    200 pounds, really? I weigh that much and I'm not nearly as muscled as the goddamned Hulk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #2897
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,836 Posts
    Has anyone here seen the movie "21"?

Is it worth a watch? From the trailer it looks pretty interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

18. Post #2898
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    200 pounds, really? I weigh that much and I'm not nearly as muscled as the goddamned Hulk.
    I'm talking about the person he changes from. Weight can't magically appear from no where. But I understand that it's just a movie/comic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #2899
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts
    I'm talking about the person he changes from. Weight can't magically appear from no where. But I understand that it's just a movie/comic.
    But people can turn into massive green monsters and stop giant flying slugs that just came through a portal from another part of the universe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

20. Post #2900
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Hulk is strongest superhero and immortal afaik...   Banner tried to shot himself, but the 'other one' just spit the bullet out   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #2901
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,117 Posts
    Lets talk logic and rationale into comic books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #2902
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Has anyone here seen the movie "21"?

Is it worth a watch? From the trailer it looks pretty interesting.
    I'd say it's a 7.5 so yeah, worth a watch. Kevin Spacey's a great actor.

Edited:

Hulk is strongest superhero and immortal afaik...   Banner tried to shot himself, but the 'other one' just spit the bullet out   
    Not immortal

23. Post #2903
    September 2005
    63,359 Posts
    I'd say it's a 7.5 so yeah, worth a watch. Kevin Spacey's a great actor.

Edited:

Not immortal
    he seems pretty invincible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #2904
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Not immortal
    The Hulk is pretty much immortal as far as I know. Breathing in space, underwater, surviving nuclear holocaust and Banner shooting himself in the head but not dying qualifies as "immortal" in my book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #2905
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,793 Posts
    Birdy..

a great contrast to the crapfest of "The Life of David Gale".

With an early young Nicolas Cage taking a role that tries to bond with a character who is so disconnected from the generic human mindset that it makes it all the more beautiful. You can call me homosexual but these characters have a real outsider quality about them which i love.

Birdy is his name, he idolises birds and turns his mind into a birds and therefore is put in a mental hospital. Cage tries to help that but in the process he himself goes insane.

Camera work.. unlike The Life of David Gale.. is inspired. There's a shot where you feel like you are flying like a bird, not like a helicopter motion but fluid and cool. Uplifting.

Glorious ending too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #2906
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    The Passion of the Christ

Scariest movie ever/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #2907
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,793 Posts

Scariest movie ever/10
    poor jesus :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2908
    September 2005
    63,359 Posts
    rip jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #2909
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts

Scariest movie ever/10
    deep deep movie,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #2910
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,883 Posts
    deep deep movie,
    Not really. It's just a guy getting tortured for 2 hours.

As a film-maker, I have to praise it for it's amazing use of make-up, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #2911
    July 2011
    1,856 Posts
    Avengers-8.5/10

Great action, loved some of the Hulk moments near the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2912
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,273 Posts
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop

meh/10

Not a funny movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

33. Post #2913
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,755 Posts
    Not really. It's just a guy getting tortured for 2 hours.

As a film-maker, I have to praise it for it's amazing use of make-up, though.
    I retain the belief that Jesus must have done something. No one gets the shit kicked out of them that much for no reason. I'm a Jew and I can promise people that apart from Israelis we aren't that cunty

34. Post #2914
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    I retain the belief that Jesus must have done something. No one gets the shit kicked out of them that much for no reason. I'm a Jew and I can promise people that apart from Israelis we aren't that cunty
    Well I am also a Jew and I can confirm that a lot of us are. So now what?

35. Post #2915
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,755 Posts
    Well I am also a Jew and I can confirm that a lot of us are. So now what?
    well a lot of everyone is cunty, but as a whole the Jewish ethnoreligious class is not a cunty class

36. Post #2916
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    well a lot of everyone is cunty, but as a whole the Jewish ethnoreligious class is not a cunty class
    There is no way of knowing apart from anecdotal evidence.

37. Post #2917
    July 2009
    994 Posts
    Avengers 8.5/10

not sure what to think... imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

38. Post #2918
    February 2011
    179 Posts
    The Avengers: 8-9/10
    One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Good balance of comedy and action, and the battle scenes were great.
       RIP Agent Phil   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #2919
    December 2009
    8,000 Posts
    The Matrix 9/10

Had to watch it again because I forgot what it was about.

Great movie, I actually got goosebumps at some points because I haven't seen something this epic for a while now.
    I really love the music in the movie, but I get annoyed when I hear it in youtube videos or anywhere else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

40. Post #2920
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts
    The Avengers 7/10

Nothing special, but there were some pretty funny moments and the action scenes were pretty insane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)