1. Post #2961
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Sunshine (2007) 9/10

I shed a tear at the end, the story was all-right, loved how they    made Pinbacker "censored", so the viewer couldn't get an idea how he really looked like   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2962
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,546 Posts
    loved how they    made Pinbacker "censored", so the viewer couldn't get an idea how he really looked like   
    what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #2963
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,243 Posts
    Die Hard 9/10

Honestly it's the best action movie ever, I could watch it endless times because the plot isn't cliche and makes sense even if what Hans plan is a little retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2964
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,044 Posts
    My cousin went to see it with his family. After it was over, they all got in line and saw it again.
    That sounds pretty retarded to be honest. I can understand seeing it again after a couple of days, but two times in a row?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2965
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Going to see "The Avengers" and "The Hunger Games" this weekend. Hoping for the best. I've heard a lot of good things about both of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #2966
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,258 Posts
    Going to see "The Avengers" and "The Hunger Games" this weekend. Hoping for the best. I've heard a lot of good things about both of them.
    tbh I don't get why everyone kept praising the hunger games like it was the best thing ever, it's probably one of the most forgettable action movies I've ever seen

oh wait, it's not all that easy to forget
    I'm always going to remember it as the worst camera work in a movie, ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2967
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    tbh I don't get why everyone kept praising the hunger games like it was the best thing ever, it's probably one of the most forgettable action movies I've ever seen

oh wait, it's not all that easy to forget
    I'm always going to remember it as the worst camera work in a movie, ever
    I've heard about the shaky-cam, but I don't think it'll bother me too much. The Blair Witch Project didn't bother me at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #2968
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,258 Posts
    well, it's not just that, you know. I think that it just wasn't as good as most people made it out to be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2969
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    942 Posts
    Rango (2011): 2/10

The worst movie experience I've had in a long, long time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2970
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    Battle Royale - 8/10, waaaay better than The Hunger Games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #2971
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,258 Posts
    what? I heard it was a really good movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2972
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,119 Posts
    -nvm-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #2973
    February 2012
    241 Posts

You either love it or you hate it, i thought it was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #2974
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    what? I heard it was a really good movie
    The concept and visuals are interesting which is probably why most people enjoyed it. But the entire Hunger Games themselves are lackluster. Most of the time when fighting is going on it's difficult to tell whats going on, at one point two guys with the same color and outfit are fighting while the camera is shaking about, no idea what's going on. An injured dude paints himself into his surroundings while injured, perfectly with no mirror for reference, some characters and killed off screen and it's just like "yeah they're dead now, you care right?" There's an entirely forced emotional scene that goes on for too long. I could go on but in short it could have been executed waaaay better with little effort. The only character I cared about was the main one and that wasn't by much.

Battle Royale on the other hand made me give a shit about even minor characters. It had an engaging story and cool battle scenes. Generally it was a more mature film which is really what was missing from The Hunger Games, I mean it's a movie about teenagers killing eachother and they went for a PG-13 rating.

15. Post #2975
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,258 Posts
    I wasn't referring to your post but ok

also yes, I agree with every single thing you said about the hunger games. I didn't like it as much as everyone. in fact, I was just talking about that a few posts above yours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

16. Post #2976
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,246 Posts
    I've heard about the shaky-cam, but I don't think it'll bother me too much. The Blair Witch Project didn't bother me at all.
    Shaky cam does not bother me at all, I was able to follow Blair Witch and Cloverfield easily.

I guess I'm just lucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #2977
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,594 Posts

I liked Rango. The story was a little bit lame but a lot of the visuals were surprisingly nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2978
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    I wasn't referring to your post but ok

also yes, I agree with every single thing you said about the hunger games. I didn't like it as much as everyone. in fact, I was just talking about that a few posts above yours
    Oops, oh well, Rango wasn't a bad movie at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

19. Post #2979
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,258 Posts
    Shaky cam does not bother me at all, I was able to follow Blair Witch and Cloverfield easily.

I guess I'm just lucky.
    the thing with those movies is that the shaky cam was always there, so it added to the tone of the film. in the hunger games, however, there's a very steady, wide shot of the competitors, when suddenly it turns shaky for no discernible reason, not to mention it was badly made.

for example, in cloverfield, shaky cam during that part    when the girl is attacked by one of these giant flea things    fit really well, because they didn't need to show what was happening. it was a horror movie after all, not a movie where a set number of people fights to the death. you don't NEED to see the monsters, but you really want to, but it's like a real recorded video, and the whole thing sort of fits well together.

The same doesn't apply to Hunger Games, because it's a TV show about people dying, you're SUPPOSED to see them die. I know why they did the shaky cam, but it really fucked up the atmosphere for me.

20. Post #2980
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,566 Posts
    The Avengers: 8/10. Lots of fun with pretty entertaining characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #2981
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Where the Wild Things Are- 9/10

The last 30 seconds of this movie added an extra point onto an already great movie. It just felt like the perfect ending to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2982
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,258 Posts
    Thor

I'm sort of basing off my review on the Half in the Bag one, and I recommend you see it. Not only do I love these guys, they make some pretty good points, and I agree with most of them.

First of all, yes, it really is like an 80's fantasy movie. Not because it has an 80's feeling, but because pretty much everything in it reminds me of that kind of movie, you could even say the script was made in the 80's, but adapted to our time. Anyway, the movie opens up with your generic "hey, look at the cool effects we can create" intro sequence, a brief explanation of the story, and after a while, it cuts to Thor, in the present,    being made king   . After that, the story continues by showing the events that lead to everything else after    Thor does a major fuck up, and is banished from Asgard.   

The way the story was told didn't bother me. In fact, the beginning was my favorite part of the movie (as with most Marvel movies), mostly because it was so serious, and it managed to keep that tone, even though everyone was wearing shiny superhero armor and colorful capes. But not long after, it breaks that feeling by going back to what I mentioned before. I'm sorry for bringing it up so much, but the whole thing with the effects, with humor being created from Thor using his medieval manners in modern times, and generally just cheesy writing    (Oh, this guy is telling me that he's a god from another dimension, I better believe him and not question that AT ALL)    remind me way too much of an 80's fantasy movie, it's almost like they did it on purpose.

The acting is good, the effects are good (but overused), and the characters are just fine, I simply think that these elements that were out of place couldn't keep me concentrated in the actual story, because you simply can't take it seriously when the flow of the movie is constantly interrupted by unnecessary things. I think that the movie was pretty good, but it could have been really much better.

Also, it has the best after-credits scene of all the movies that lead to the Avengers

23. Post #2983
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,867 Posts
    The Avengers: Cool/Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

24. Post #2984
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Where the Wild Things Are- 9/10

The last 30 seconds of this movie added an extra point onto an already great movie. It just felt like the perfect ending to it.
    Did you watch it because of today's news?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #2985
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Yes, unfortunately. Reminded me of how much I enjoyed watching it in the theater when it came out in my freshman year.

26. Post #2986
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    In Time

8.5/10.
    I don't know why critics say it wasn't a great movie. I loved it.
    The story makes me paranoid and various parts of the movie made me actually sad.

27. Post #2987
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    What happened? I loved that film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #2988
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,246 Posts
    Melancholia (2011) - 7.8/10

Visually this movie is absolutely stunning, the acting is very very good, the first half was a bit slow (more then a bit actually) but damn this movie is powerful.

And depressing as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2989
    September 2005
    62,546 Posts
    Blade

blade owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #2990
    JESUS CHRIST EVERYONE JUST CAN'T STFU ABOUT THE AVENGERS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

31. Post #2991
    September 2005
    62,546 Posts
    ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #2992
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    Scent of a Woman

Al Pacino never was as much of a badass as he is here. He's blind, and he loves the female.
    He ends up as the role model by the strength of his strong, humorous character. He's genuine, but also has a lot of pain in his heart. That's the connection I like about this movie.

The guy who played Robin from Batman is here too, and he actually has a great performance.. shame his career took a nosedive.

Worth watching, it's the type of movie where it takes its time, but not overly that requires a lot of effort to warm to the conversations. With this, I felt at home with each character and it worked truly well.

Apart from the Pacino aspect of the movie, it's also about a college feud which was pretty okay to the plot. I've seen this stuff a ton of times, but at the end when Mr Pacino helps the kid out by standing up against the "school disciplinary courts", is pretty stunning and natural.

One of his very best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #2993
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I just started watching "Hell on Wheels". It's not a movie but a TV series and I must say it's pretty entertaining. Anyone else watching/seen it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #2994
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    What happened? I loved that film.
    Maurice Sendak, the author of Where the Wild Things Are, died yesterday aged 83.

35. Post #2995

36. Post #2996
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Just watched Cowboy Bebop episode 5. It cemented it as my favourite anime, and perhaps favourite show. Almost everything about it is perfect. That soundtrack... That scene...

I will give the episode a 10/10 and the show so far a 9/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2997
    August 2007
    102 Posts
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10

Thought this was a fantastic film, the acting and the cinematography of the memory erasure sequences especially stand out.

Also between this and Titanic I have the biggest celebrity crush on Kate Winslet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #2998
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,546 Posts
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10

Thought this was a fantastic film, the acting and the cinematography of the memory erasure sequences especially stand out.

Also between this and Titanic I have the biggest celebrity crush on Kate Winslet.
    watch The Reader and Revolutionary Road, she's brilliant in them.

39. Post #2999
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,074 Posts
    Battle Royale - 8/10, waaaay better than The Hunger Games
    It really isn't fair to compare them when one is a gory japanese action horror movie while the other is a teen book based upon it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3000
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,594 Posts
    It really isn't fair to compare them when one is a gory japanese action horror movie while the other is a teen book based upon it.
    They are compared because they are basically the same concept in different wrapping paper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)