1. Post #3201
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,166 Posts
    Kill list - 9/10

Jesus Christ how horrifying. I don't think any other movie has inspired a sense of dread like that in me ever before. If you want the best experience from this film, don't read up about it at all, just go watch it. Preferably with a good sound system.
    My film teacher suggested that movie to me. Might have to check it out now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #3202
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    Could you help me out with the name of a movie?

It's set in the Vietnam war, and follows a group of soldiers, with most of the focus on some sergeant of the master sergeants to the max.

At one point a mortar overheats and he takes a piss on it to cool it down.
    An American fighter jet receives the wrong coordinates and fries a bunch of G.Is with napalm.
    Aaand there's a Huey pilot called Snakeshit or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3203
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,189 Posts

It's set in the Vietnam war, and follows a group of soldiers, with most of the focus on some sergeant of the master sergeants to the max.

An American fighter jet receives the wrong coordinates and fries a bunch of G.Is with napalm.
    hamburger hill

edit: great 'nam movie btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3204
    July 2009
    2,119 Posts
    Tetsuo: The Iron Man - 6/10

Bizarre Japanese body horror about a bloke who's transformed into a metal abomination by a metal fetishist he ran down with his car. Yup. The effects are generally good and there's some really nice, stark imagery to build atmosphere; the first three quarters or so of its 67 minute length is pretty good. Then the metal fetishist reappears as the villain and the film really loses the plot; the rest of the film is mostly a strange stop motion chase sequence with some of the most offputting camerawork I've ever seen, and at this point the horror movie atmosphere alomost entirely disappears. By the end I'd totally lost interest.

The industrial soundtrack is great though, definitely the highlight of this film for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #3205
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    944 Posts
    Re-Watched Ghostbusters: 9/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3206
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,921 Posts
    Who reviews a film after watching the first 15 minutes?
    Did you not notice the "so far" part at the end. Looking for the stores that sell it so I can get a hold of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #3207
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Donnie Darko 9/10

That movie is simply mindblowing, I always wanted to see it but never got the chance. But holy crap the story is so fascinating and it all makes sense, it also leaves a lot of space for personal interpretation.

Edit:

I watched some reviews on amazon about this movie and seriously some people are so fucking dumb, honestly what the fuck? Calling the movie boring and bash it to hell. I do not get it. The movie is brilliant, some said that expendables was more fun than DD. People need to grow up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

8. Post #3208
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,189 Posts
    Tetsuo: The Iron Man - 6/10

Bizarre Japanese body horror about a bloke who's transformed into a metal abomination by a metal fetishist he ran down with his car. Yup. The effects are generally good and there's some really nice, stark imagery to build atmosphere; the first three quarters or so of its 67 minute length is pretty good. Then the metal fetishist reappears as the villain and the film really loses the plot; the rest of the film is mostly a strange stop motion chase sequence with some of the most offputting camerawork I've ever seen, and at this point the horror movie atmosphere alomost entirely disappears. By the end I'd totally lost interest.

The industrial soundtrack is great though, definitely the highlight of this film for me.
    drill penis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3209

November 2010
    23 Posts

We Were Soldiers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #3210
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,760 Posts
    My film teacher suggested that movie to me. Might have to check it out now.
    definitely watch it if you've got a stomach for unpleasantries

Edited:

I only say that because I know people who I will literally refuse to let watch this film on account of it affecting them negatively
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #3211
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Iron Man. Never bothered with his Comic since i wrote him off as boring. Went in knowing nothing about anything and i was very positively surprised. Very good fun. 7/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3212
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,434 Posts
    28 Days Later: 7/10
    28 Weeks Later 7/10

I enjoyed these when I was younger more, and they're still enjoyable. However, in 28 Days Later everything feels very inconsistent and some parts just makes me wonder what the survivors are thinking. (Entering stores and running about like it was an all you can eat before clearing the building, protagonist is useless then turns into some tactical survivor type all of a sudden.etc)

The ending to 28 Weeks Later makes me wonder if there was (or is) to be a sequel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #3213
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,166 Posts
    28 Weeks Later 7/10

I enjoyed these when I was younger more, and they're still enjoyable. However, in 28 Days Later everything feels very inconsistent and some parts just makes me wonder what the survivors are thinking. (Entering stores and running about like it was an all you can eat before clearing the building, protagonist is useless then turns into some tactical survivor type all of a sudden.etc)

The ending to 28 Weeks Later makes me wonder if there was (or is) to be a sequel?
    I believe that a sequel has been announced, dude.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1322885/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #3214
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,552 Posts
    i saw the great gatsby not long ago

the trailer for the new one is out

i like this cast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3215
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    In Time - 7/10

Second time watching it. I still think it could be so much better.

16. Post #3216
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    28 Weeks Later 7/10

I agree, although 28 Days Later has a far more dense atmosphere. 28 Weeks later is far more action oriented.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

17. Post #3217
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I though the ending to 28 Days Later was terrible but maybe that was just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #3218
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,908 Posts
    Tyrannosaur - 9/10

An extremely bleak film but with so much emotional depth. One of my favourite movies this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

19. Post #3219
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,573 Posts
    The Dictator
    4/10

sacha baron cohen's humor lies in improv with unsuspecting audiences

he's pretty obviously not cut out for scripts

the humor was so forced. it wasn't the unfunniest comedy i've ever seen but damn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3220
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,906 Posts
    Saturday Night Fever

John Travolta is a genius.

Slightly more bitter and depressive than I would have thought though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #3221
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts
    Children of Men - 9/10

seriously the best movie i've seen in a while. the cinematography was some of the best in any movie i've ever seen, there were no noticable gaps in the storyline, the acting was great, and it just tied together so well. didn't get bored once and was blown away by the 5 minute scenes of insanity that were shot in one take. i have no idea how they did it.

Edited:

michael caine's character in the movie just fucking makes it too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3222
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,189 Posts
    I though the ending to 28 Days Later was terrible but maybe that was just me.
    there's an alternate ending that has jim dead

23. Post #3223
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    The Departed 8/10

Although the movie had a great cast, I often felt like the movie kept getting strung on which made it hard to watch at times, but the ending made up for it with the twist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

24. Post #3224
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    sacha baron cohen's humor lies in improv with unsuspecting audiences

he's pretty obviously not cut out for scripts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3225
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,231 Posts

''In 1990, to protect his fragile mother from a fatal shock after a long coma, a young man must keep her from learning that her beloved nation of East Germany as she knew it has disappeared.''

9/10

Watched a few segments of this film in collage whilst we were studying the Berlin Wall. Went home and watched the whole film, really enjoyed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3226
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,185 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #3227
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,189 Posts
    neato, closer encounters theme on a synthesizer.

28. Post #3228
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,434 Posts
    Primer - No rating yet

I feel stupid. I tried to pay attention and understand what was going on but I didn't understand much. Going to have to give it another watch to understand what is going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3229
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,843 Posts
    Inception

Pretty great movie. Amazing soundtrack, awesome shots (especially the    zero gravity hotel    ones, but all of them were great), and overall just really good. However, there's just something that I can't put my finger on, that makes me not like this movie that much. Maybe it's the dialogue (I found the movie really clever, but I can't say the same about the dialogue), or maybe it's the acting, it was good for the most part, but there wasn't anything special about it, not to mention I don't like Marion Cotillard that much.

I'd definitely recommend it, though I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone here who hasn't seen it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3230
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,166 Posts
    Inception

Pretty great movie. Amazing soundtrack, awesome shots (especially the    zero gravity hotel    ones, but all of them were great), and overall just really good. However, there's just something that I can't put my finger on, that makes me not like this movie that much. Maybe it's the dialogue (I found the movie really clever, but I can't say the same about the dialogue), or maybe it's the acting, it was good for the most part, but there wasn't anything special about it, not to mention I don't like Marion Cotillard that much.

I'd definitely recommend it, though I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone here who hasn't seen it
    It gets better every time I see it. You start to notice things you didn't before. Kind of like Fight Club.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #3231
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    "Cashback", Here's the poster:

If you guessed from that poster that this movie is going to have a lot of tits & ass, you would be right. Its a British movie about an starving artist who looks really quite awkward and skinny but somehow manages to score with all these hot girls.    Long story short, he finds out he can stop time and then pull down ladies tops and skirts and then sketch pictures of them.   

It's a fun movie to watch and doesn't fail to deliver in the nudity category, unrealistic at times.
    It gives off an indie movie vibe even though it's not exactly low budget.
    Acting: 8.5/10 Plot: 7/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3232
    Godammit I should not browse facepunch while in school
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

33. Post #3233
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,189 Posts

If you guessed from that poster that this movie is going to have a lot of tits & ass, you would be right. Its a British movie about an starving artist who looks really quite awkward and skinny but somehow manages to score with all these hot girls.    Long story short, he finds out he can stop time and then pull down ladies tops and skirts and then sketch pictures of them.   

It's a fun movie to watch and doesn't fail to deliver in the nudity category, unrealistic at times.
    It gives off an indie movie vibe even though it's not exactly low budget.
    Acting: 8.5/10 Plot: 7/10
    the poster on netflix has the lower half of her cut out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #3234
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    The Island - 7/10

Great movie IMO, cool concept but lots and lots of explosions. It's really easy to tell who made it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #3235
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    Battle Royale - 2/5

The concept was ok, but I did not like the acting nor the characters. It felt like it was just a lot of drama being forced on you time after time, but none of it really got into me.
    I didn't really care about the main characters a great deal, but the survivor from a previous Battle who helps them out was a boss. The supporting characters had interesting characteristics and any drama was followed by some sweet action scenes. Not sure what you mean about forced drama, The Walking Dead TV series, now THATS forced drama. Atleast in Battle Royale they're aware of their situation instead of "you aint my babies daddy"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

36. Post #3236
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,873 Posts

If you guessed from that poster that this movie is going to have a lot of tits & ass, you would be right.
    say no more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #3237
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,906 Posts
    Carnage

good recent Polanski

Christoph Waltz, Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet and that Police dude from Magnolia.
    Nobody else.

These people are natural awesome actors and kept this short hour and a bit film up to speed.
    Hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #3238
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,908 Posts
    I've heard that the play is miles better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

39. Post #3239
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,906 Posts
    wouldn't be surprised.
    It's like how 12 Angry Men takes place in one room only.

Edited:

ahh, I heard it played in London a few years ago, would have been able to make that if I heard about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #3240
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,175 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)