Released: 25th Oct, 2011
Platforms: PC, PS3, XBox 360
Facepunch Battlefield 3 Steam group
FP5 (Open - Largely US only)
FP - GER
Apple Shack (UK, Run by Reag)
• 64-Player (PC) 24-Player (Console)
• Rush (32 max) and Conquest (64 max) modes return.
• All new Battlefield Battlelog website which will manage clans, server browser and community forums. Players can join as a party through Battlelog.
• 4 classes similar in structure similar to BF2142 (Assault class can double as a medic & support carries out ammo).
• Squad leaders are back & size is capped at 4.
• Commrose is back.
• Weapon can be tweaked and customized through unlockable attatchments.
• Most weapons have selectable fire modes (auto-burst-semi).
• You can now customize your dog tag with unlockable tags.
• Jets are back but only in Conquest mode except for the A-10/SU-25 Frogfoot in Rush mode.
• Vehicles can be disabled causing them to become immobile (land) or lose control (aircraft) until repaired.
• Killcam is back.
Assault Engineer Support Recon Weapons: Assault Rifles
Light Machine Guns
Equipment: Medic Kit
Grenade Launcher (Under-slung or standalone)
Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Bot
Javelin Anti-Tank launcher
Claymore Anti-personnel mines
T-UGS (Infantry/ vehicle sensor)
SOFLAM (Laser designator)
MAV (Remote controlled UAV)
Transport APC MBT Helicopter Jet Vehicles: Humvee
Bradley Fighting Vehicle
AH-1 Super Cobra
UH-1Y Super Huey
AH-6J Little Bird
UH60 Black hawk
F/A 18 Super Hornet
Equipment: IR Smoke
A2G Missile launcher
Main Cannon (driver/default)
Belt Speed (Scout heli only)
Autoloader (Attack heli only)
Zoom Optics (Attack heli only)
Thermal Optics (Attack heli only)
Guided Rocket (Attack heli only)
TV Missile (Attack heli only)
Released: 13th Dec 2011
Included with the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3, or purchasable from online stores for $15/ £12 RRP.
What is it?
Back to Karkand (B2K) brings back four classic maps from Battlefield 2, including a selection of weapons and vehicles to use in the maps.
Released: June 2012
What is it?
A Expansion pack for everyone who wants to get a bit more up close and personal with their enemies. Includes 4 CQB oriented maps for you piss everyone the fuck off in with your explosives. New weapons, assignments and dogtags will be included but no details have been confirmed entirely.
Released: Fall 2012
What is it?
Armoured Kill focuses more on the vehicle combat aspects of BF3. It will provide new vehicles, and larger maps than Close Quarters. With a few maps hinted by DICE as being the biggest map in Battlefield history. Armoured Kill will bring new vehicles in the MBT category and mobile artillery to the field.
More information will come later.
Released: Winter 2012
What is it?
Not the slightest clue at all. DICE haven't given any information out about the content of the DLC. We can only clench our buttocks and wait in anticipation.
Some friendly fellows called Realmware have created some lovely application to make BF3 more you. A settings editor to get at settings the game doesn't normally allow, a standalone Battlelog browser for when you don't want to start your main browser, and a fullscreen-windowed mode tool to remove borders. Check them out;
Borderless Windowed "Fullscreen"
Dj-j3 also created a borderless program, that works on any programs you have running. So you can make whatever you want not have those pesky close buttons!
Download it here
I intend to do a bit on the FXAA injector, if someone wants to get a section together, go for it, I don't know too much about it personally.
hexpunK - Structuring OP
jaybuz - Section banners
SonofBrim - The v5 Title banner