1. Post #161
    March 2007
    3,672 Posts
    do you really need all these sound effects
    I've never made a video using sound clips like this, so I gave it a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #162

September 2011
    650 Posts
    Only thing I dont like about BF3 is how I need to have it on all low for a consistent 60FPs.

I am running dual ATI HD 4870s, and to be honest, I was sort of surprised I wasn't able to play on at least medium. Every other game I have ever played on this rig (including bad company 2) allowed me to play on all high with some AA. Feels bad man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #163
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    Are you kidding?

Yeah, cheers EA. As you can plainly see, this did probably not come from some poor sod getting underpaid to reply to thousands of annoyed people with copy and paste solutions.

And the best thing? an update sometime in November created these problems, because around 1300 people last I checked bitched about how the game became broken in the comments of the update post.
    Note that I said "developers", whom have been releasing quite a few patches for the past few months. I never denied that EA are pricks about this sort of thing. Even if you want to say that DICE also doesn't care, I would still say that, at worst, they're really just caring about the wrong things.

4. Post #164
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,754 Posts
    Soon.

DAH DAH DAH DUH DUM DUMM

DAH DAH DAH DUH DUM DUMM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,615 Posts
    You bought your rifle a copy of the game as well? That's really nice of you!

But in all seriousness, this game is absolutely intense when the teams are neck and neck - I just came out of a round on Karkand, with the tickets going back and forth the whole game. Me and my friends did our best to hold the lines. They took everything up to E, where we held them off for 6 minutes, then pushed hard into C to break their vantage.

We won by 1 ticket. Final score 1 - 0 our favor. Easily one of the greatest rounds I've ever played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    December 2009
    2,173 Posts
    Playing this game with a friend on skype really makes the game great. The stuff that just happens sometimes is great. One time, he was pinned down, and I wanted to drive to him and I accidentally drove over the entire squad that pinned him down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,455 Posts
    I seriously hate the soflam.
    The constant locked tone annoys the frickin hell out of me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,922 Posts
    Am I the only person of the opinion that the SMGs and PDWs are dogshit compared to the FAMAS or F2000? Either of those weapons has something like twice the damage output in the same length of time.

Edited:

Also, despite my earlier post stating that I'd fixed my framerate issues, I still get massive drops when turning sometimes. Any solution? I've reduced my resolution, running all settings on low and made a user.cfg with this in it:
    Code:
    render.drawfps 1
    renderdevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
    renderdevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
    On an empty server I average around 70fps, dropping to 50 when turning. But on a 64 player server I average 45 when idle and it drops to 16-20 when turning. A real pain in CQB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #169
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    I was sniping once and I saw an enemy run up to an oblivious teammate. Just as he was about to stick his knife in I shot him in the head, my teammate survived and looked around himself in a very confused manner. I felt like his personal guardian angel
    Was it Kharg Island?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    Am I the only person of the opinion that the SMGs and PDWs are dogshit compared to the FAMAS or F2000? Either of those weapons has something like twice the damage output in the same length of time.
    Well, the UMP is still pretty alright as a general weapon and, in my limited console experience, the P90 can be pretty good at scaring and/or disorienting enemies as long as you aren't going purely head-to-head. PDW-R seemed like it was pretty much useless compared to my other options by the time I got it, and the MP7 seems to be really situational.

11. Post #171
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Lol got 4 kills with the mav today on wake with 6 people on. They mad but I don't know why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #172
    April 2010
    1,467 Posts
    I played Battlefield 3 for a while, then I took a pretty long break from it.
    Now I suck at it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,391 Posts

help

Edited:

i get that at startup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    July 2009
    1,253 Posts
    You need a newer graphicscard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

15. Post #175
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    There's something magical about being in a transport helicopter with a decent pilot. Switching to the minigun to shoot some guys, switching to the side to javlin a tank, then using your repair tool to keep you in the air.

I dunno what it is, but seeing the ground be like 3m away as you repair the chopper, trusting the pilot to keep you airborne and trusting the pilot to set you up with shots (or, if i'm flying, doing the same for my sqaudmates...)

It's magical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,391 Posts
    You need a newer graphicscard.
    fuck

kill me

Edited:

is there any other way? please tell me if there is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    Had a pretty cool glitch, was stuck in killcam view.

Also killed 10 people with a grenade on op. metro today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    December 2009
    5,967 Posts
    fuck

kill me

Edited:

well it's a driver problem, so you may want to re download your drivers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,285 Posts
    fuck

kill me

Edited:

What's your GPU?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,391 Posts
    What's your GPU?

please don't hurt me FP, it's the best I could find in Egypt for less than 1000 pounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #181

please don't hurt me FP, it's the best I could find in Egypt for less than 1000 pounds.
    Yeah you're boned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,391 Posts
    Yeah you're boned
    expected so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,088 Posts
    How about a ATI Radeon HD 5450?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #184
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Had a pretty cool glitch, was stuck in killcam view.

Also killed 10 people with a grenade on op. metro today
    What is this song!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    How about a ATI Radeon HD 5450?
    Should happily run it on medium/low settings, the minimal requirement is a Radeon 3870 or higher.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts

Why don't you buy internationally then and pay expensive shipping? It would probably still be cheaper.

Edited:

What is this song!
    There's so many different variants of the Battlefield theme it's hard to remember them all!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,908 Posts
    What is this song!
    it's from Armoured fury i think

yep Armoured fury
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    What is this song!

BF2 music was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,908 Posts
    gawd daum yue yankie!
    :china:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #190
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,901 Posts
    USA? China?
    EU MASTERACE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,908 Posts
    we all know this is stuck in our heads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    It's a shame they decided to replace the awesome loading music with ~so real ambient sounds~ in BF3, that shit was awesome in BF2.

Also, while I was doing a test stream for my terrible capture card, this happened:

If you think MAVs are annoying on PC, try being restricted to a joystick to shoot it down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    "Optimizing shaders..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #194
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,901 Posts
    "Optimizing shaders..."
    64% bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    The MAV can't kill prone people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,908 Posts
    i do it piss them off, they're like retards looking around only to get shot.

37. Post #197
    November 2010
    510 Posts
    I killed plenty of people with the MAV and I'm sure I killed prone soldiers too.
    You can't escape from the MAV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #198
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,524 Posts
    Today a mean helicopter pilot decided to pick on me when I was running out in the open. I dodged his first barrage of bullets by jumping off a small rock face, but then I ran out of cover. As he adjusted his aim, I emptied my assault rifle into his cockpit as a screw you. That made me wonder: can you actually kill the pilot by doing that, or is the glass invulnerable to all but explosives?

39. Post #199
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    I like how BF3 loads faster than BF2 even on my current pc...

40. Post #200
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    Yeah you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)