1. Post #321
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    God damn there needs to be a snowy map.
    Snow on Frostbite would probably melt my eyes, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #322
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,312 Posts
    Is there any trustworthy place where i can buy a key for this ?
    I bought a BF3 key from intkeys the other day, worked grand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,547 Posts
    Each individual snowflake would have the flashlight effect.

Frostbite 2
    Everything is Chrome in the future!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,480 Posts
    jesus christ http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/175053629/

and he has 28 service stars for engineer

Basically he ranks up one a day..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #325
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,312 Posts
    jesus christ http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/175053629/

and he has 28 service stars for engineer

Basically he ranks up one a day..
    Still not as bad as that guy I posted on the front page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    I was driving a btr and jumped over a tank, then did a backflip and continued driving
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,480 Posts
    I think you avatar fits fairly well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,480 Posts
    Minimum Human Requirements: Sunglasses

Recommended Human Requirements: Sunglasses (10 pairs)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

9. Post #329
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    How to get spot assists? :3
    Recon class has something called a T-UGS Place that shit in a high traffic area. Watch teammates build your score!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    437 Posts
    I feel the main 3 weapons in this game is the FAMAS, USAS-12, and AS VAL. Gets tiring being killed by only these for a few rounds straight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #331
    Holy actual fuck I think I just shit my heart out.

I was playing Wake Island against what can only be described as a team with a fucking C4 fetish. My eyes were fucking gushing blood with rage as I would walk onto a point or even drive about 15 feet and disappear in a god damn fireball of fire, dirt and pieces of my ass.

It became so fucking bad that I was unloading entire magazines into anything that was even looked like those god damn little black squares. Those fuckers WOULD PUT THE GOD FORSAKEN SHIT FILLED BLACK SQUARES IN PLACES THEY ALREADY DETONATED SO THEY BLENDED INTO THE BLACK GROUND THE BLAST MADE. I don't think anyone can comprehend how many fucking black circles a full team of support can do over 20 minutes.

IT WAS LIKE FUCKING BLACK HISTORY EDITION OF TWISTER EXCEPT AS YOU CONTORTED YOUR BODY AROUND THESE SHIT STAINS THEY WOULD FUCKING BLOW UP.

Which makes it even more all the fucking horrifying because that means those sadistic little cunts WERE WATCHING YOU BUT YOU COULDN'T FIND THEM. All the god damn trees were gone, and you were moving along every possible path and you could probably only find one or two of the hell spawn and it would be because you caught them in the act of laying it down.

Anyways it comes to a point where I am sprinting up to the airfield running like fucking chicken with it's head cut off, and you all know how long it takes to sprint to the airfield, imagine trying to do it while running evasive maneuvers.
    I finally make it to the airfield because the battlefield gods decided to have mercy on my soul and I see a jeep that is in a tight area right next to the airfield building that holds the control point. I get about 15 to 10 feet or so from it when an enemy gets inside (the jeep was facing towards the airfield building so he didn't see me) and the stupid shit begins to do the usual back and forth motion of hitting walls trying to turn a little at a time to get out.

I do not know what I was fucking thinking in the next few seconds, it should have been fucking obvious why this dude wanted this jeep so bad, but in those moments of surprise your reflexes take over and you do what it is natural. I throw a grenade then I whip out my SMAW and fire that god damn glorious rocket up that bitch's ass hole.

Well some of you more perceptive folks probably realized that the mother fucking jeep was covered in that god forsaken material that is C4, all over the hood where I couldn't see it. Some of you extremely fucking perceptive folks must of realized that if these guys lay down C4 everywhere than that building right next to the jeep was probably filled with about 3 support's worth of C4.
    Now from here you must all realize that there was C4 in other areas in close proximity to this too.

What happens next is that the the rocket explodes with the grenade making the god damn jeep explode and thus the C4, so I am sitting here expecting a small boom from the SMAW and instead I get what looks like a fucking nuke going off in my face with my entire screen rattling and what sounds like a train anally raping a fucking jet. THIS FUCKING BLOWS UP ONE OF THE FUCKING C4 IN THE BUILDING WHICH BLOWS UP ANOTHER AND ANOTHER AND ANOTHER. THIS HAPPENS SO FAST THAT IS THE ENTIRE FUCKING BUILDING'S WALLS JUST DISINTEGRATE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE FUCKING SCENE FROM INDEPENDENCE DAY WHERE THE WHITE HOUSE GETS BLOWN UP:
    This fucking happens over the course of a literally a god damn second that I just fucking stand there in front of a smoking crater that used to be an air field like a fucking dumbshit not sure what the fuck just happened. I think I was god damn foot taller from the brick I shat because the map just gave birth to a second fucking sun for a second.

Of course naturally after that I was filled with the bullets of the entire enemy team because I might as well walked into the middle of their house right in front of them and took a big smelly shit on their floor.

edit- Got some lovely explosive destroyed points though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #332
    April 2010
    424 Posts
    Is there any other map than metro where it's easy to level up fast?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    bazaar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    August 2007
    928 Posts
    Played normal mode for so long... got on a hardcore server without realizing it and got raped

even the AS-Val couldn't have saved me...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    526 Posts
    Okay guys, for a short term fix, disabling Aero helped me a bit. Although RAM is dirt cheap at the moment so i'll most likely replace my 4GB and get brand new 8GB, as the current manufacturer of mine doesn't do RAM any more.
    I have bf3.exe disable aero when I play, then come back when I'm done.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 right click bf3.exe > properties > compatibility > disable desktop composition

This also helps when your game minimizes because windows nags that it has disabled aero for performance (like mine kept doing).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    September 2007
    1,197 Posts
    I bought a BF3 key from intkeys the other day, worked grand.
    Yes Intkeys delivers, key worked no problem and I successfully changed it to English. I'll be buying Karkand soon from them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,625 Posts
    Yes Intkeys delivers, key worked no problem and I successfully changed it to English. I'll be buying Karkand soon from them
    This reminds me, why are the keys sites selling it for more than origin?

18. Post #338
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    This reminds me, why are the keys sites selling it for more than origin?
    Demand for keys. Dense people don't want to order via origin yet there is no reason why not to.

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,625 Posts
    Demand for keys. Dense people don't want to order via origin yet there is no reason why not to.
    Well, if the key site's prices don't drop soon, I'll just order from origin.

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,957 Posts
    k so i come here for a completely unbiased opinion from people who have already bought the game and are posting in a tread specifically for the social mongering of the game if it is worth buying

shed upon me the grace of interpretation
    I'd say yeah, but in its current state it's a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully DICE will get their heads together and fix some of the outstanding issues. Also if your computer isn't up to scratch yet, don't go near it. I bough a new GPU so I could play it "comfortably" but I still get framerate drops when turning around in MP, despite a stable 70fps + in co-op and SP on lowest settings.

Edited:

Played normal mode for so long... got on a hardcore server without realizing it and got raped

even the AS-Val couldn't have saved me...
    Hardcore is good but I don't like the absence of an ammo counter. At least show me what fucking firemode I'm on!
    But yeah, it removes the frustration of pretty much emptying your mag into a guy and seeing him stroll off seemingly unscathed.

Edited:

I feel the main 3 weapons in this game is the FAMAS, USAS-12, and AS VAL. Gets tiring being killed by only these for a few rounds straight.
    Only on CQB maps. I find I can't kill shit with the FAMAS over 60m unless I'm firing in single shot or 2-3 round bursts.

21. Post #341
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,312 Posts
    c4 story
    Post of the year.

Edited:

What site are you talking about?

I got about 50% off BF3 from intkeys.

22. Post #342
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I'd just get it through origin, karkand from what I've seen is cheaper on origin than on all the key sites I've found, not sure if it's the same story for the main game.

23. Post #343
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    I'm actually close to my C4 service star.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,625 Posts
    Post of the year.

Edited:

What site are you talking about?

I got about 50% off BF3 from intkeys.
    Not bf3, the dlc. and it's $18 on both ultimatum and intkeys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,444 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29 (list)

26. Post #346
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,873 Posts

I'VE SEEN SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #347
    August 2009
    894 Posts
    I had a lot of footage for this video but I ended up wiping most of them for this video.
    This is all that remains until I bother doing some more, but here is a teaser I suppose.

Enter...
    THE USMC SPACE PROGRAMME

Should I crack on with getting more footage for the real thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,091 Posts
    Gonna get my last 3 ribbons

29. Post #349
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I'm actually close to my C4 service star.

I got my first one a few days ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    does anyone know of a fix for this awful stuttering? i paid $65 for this and i would like to play it. i've got horrible audio stuttering, to the point where it's lagging everything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,480 Posts
    I have bf3.exe disable aero when I play, then come back when I'm done.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 right click bf3.exe > properties > compatibility > disable desktop composition

This also helps when your game minimizes because windows nags that it has disabled aero for performance (like mine kept doing).
    You sir has received a medal.

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,625 Posts
    does anyone know of a fix for this awful stuttering? i paid $65 for this and i would like to play it. i've got horrible audio stuttering, to the point where it's lagging everything else.
    Does your audio cut out randomly and your gun disappear for a split second?

33. Post #353
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    Does your audio cut out randomly and your gun disappear for a split second?
    yeah, and the audio repeats itself like 5 times in chunks. i fixed it partially with some console commands and that made it possible to do the SP intro but trying to play the second mission was just painful, i gave up.

i know it's not a hardware thing because i could run bfbc2 fine and skyrim gets 40 fps maxed out with additional graphics mods. bf3 on the other hand is completely unplayable.

Edited:

i also had invisible bad guys in the intro through some parts, i was kind of confused when a ghost grabbed my shotgun and got pushed out of the train.

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,625 Posts
    yeah, and the audio repeats itself like 5 times in chunks. i fixed it partially with some console commands and that made it possible to do the SP intro but trying to play the second mission was just painful, i gave up.

i know it's not a hardware thing because i could run bfbc2 fine and skyrim gets 40 fps maxed out with additional graphics mods. bf3 on the other hand is completely unplayable.
    I have the same issue and performance with those games.
    I managed to make it somewhat playable by using the beta 12.2 drivers.

If you find a good solution, let me know.

36. Post #356
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,713 Posts
    Dont know if its been posted yet but,

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Rb47yhYzJaiShQ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,231 Posts
    I had a lot of footage for this video but I ended up wiping most of them for this video.
    This is all that remains until I bother doing some more, but here is a teaser I suppose.

Enter...
    THE USMC SPACE PROGRAMME

Should I crack on with getting more footage for the real thing?
    I still have no idea what map that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    I have the same issue and performance with those games.
    I managed to make it somewhat playable by using the beta 12.2 drivers.

If you find a good solution, let me know.
    renderdevice.forcerenderaheadlimit 1
    renderdevice.triplebufferingenable 0

those are the console commands i used, it fixed some of it.

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,445 Posts
    -7ND does not use radar only masking, with 3 km of all kills everyone complained about have a server with cheats, i-7ND Barnik a fellow Russian who chlopaczki MJ eagle after 90 hours of play Battlefield third related Just look at their ratio and the number of dead and fallen. These gentlemen, after 90 hours of play in May after the finite games 74-2 and 63 -1. Eweidenty hack aimtohack walhack + jet. The second issue is the Poles, he name-calling monkeys and potato Kaczynski to play on the server and we can not fly. What swiadaczy of fasting from one of the players. I did not zadbnych screnow demos. Expects justice and banning ytych Russian scammers. Radar in the jet, but I understand that without radar to the masking of 3 km or end our heady napierdzielac 100% of the jet in the head and the jets on the soil in pacjetna head is already too much without radau. Fraudsters cheatyrzy and god knows what else it.
    (Google Translate'd from Polish)
    Poor guy. He was literally spamming the chat with messages like "omg barnik and 7nd are cheaters wallhack aimbot" for two rounds straight. We just shot him down like, five times in a jet PVP.

Edited:

I still have no idea what map that is.
    Damavand Peak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    god damn russian scammers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)