1. Post #401
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    how does one remove scopes from recon rifles?
    Customize menu under loadout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #402
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,862 Posts
    how does one remove scopes from recon rifles?
    Customize

Edited:

ninjad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #403
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,444 Posts
    It really isn't enough, 8 GB ram is really good for bf3.
    Because a game that can't use more than 2 gigs of RAM needs 8?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,937 Posts
    Two things:

1. The M39 ER is the best weapon ever for close range and has awesome ironsights
    2. Can anyone direct me to a good HC server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,992 Posts
    Does TrippleBuffer and RenderAheadLimit at 0 boost FPS? Minor or major?
    It depends really. Type in console render.perfoverlayvisible 1, and you'll see a graph with 2 lines, one representing CPU and the other GPU. If the CPU line is spiking more than the GPU you wanna set renderaheadlimit to 0. I didn't notice any difference with triplebuffer though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,862 Posts
    Two things:

1. The M39 ER is the best weapon ever for close range and has awesome ironsights
    2. Can anyone direct me to a good HC server?
    1. I dont like the M39, dont know why.. must be the power.
    2. No such thing. All of them are filled with assholes or cheaters. Just keep playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,527 Posts
    One of my favorite things in this game is watching helicopter crashes whether by awful pilots or enemy fire. like, its just hilarious and awesome at the same time to see a helicopter blundering in the air and just splatting against a building

8. Post #408
    September 2009
    1,662 Posts
    Good god, the m60 is a beast of a gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #409
    September 2007
    1,177 Posts
    So I started playing recon recently and find it incredibly fun. Mainly because I don't sit up on a hill sniping for an hour. Going behind enemy lines, counter-sniping, capping undefended points, and pointing out enemies. The funny thing is 80% of my kills come from my Rex and knife. Although I love the SV98, I can never stay in one place long enough to use it effectively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

10. Post #410
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    Is it just me, or is the general community for most servers a lot more childish and smug than the general community for BF2/2142 was? Maybe I was just a lot more lucky with the old games, but I recall there at least being some competence in the chat log. Now, even the messages that are meant to inform the team of where the enemy is is either littered with or followed by a flurry of racial slurs and hacking accusations. It's not that big of a deal, but it kind of ruins the atmosphere of the game when everyone takes it so seriously and will immediately call out anyone who uses anything that they might consider cheap (I.e, everything that kills them that they aren't using themselves).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,386 Posts
    I want a level with 2 supercarriers fighting each other. That would be awesome, having heaps of helicopters, jets and boats attack eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #412
    September 2007
    1,177 Posts
    Is it just me, or is the general community for most servers a lot more childish and smug than the general community for BF2/2142 was? Maybe I was just a lot more lucky with the old games, but I recall there at least being some competence in the chat log. Now, even the messages that are meant to inform the team of where the enemy is is either littered with or followed by a flurry of racial slurs and hacking accusations. It's not that big of a deal, but it kind of ruins the atmosphere of the game when everyone takes it so seriously and will immediately call out anyone who uses anything that they might consider cheap (I.e, everything that kills them that they aren't using themselves).
    I think that's just nostalgia, people have complained in of hacking in every Battlefield game I've played. Plus in Battlefield people always complained about dolphin divers, in 2142 it was the Vos, BC2 had the M60. I don't think it will ever go back to the days of 1942/Vietnam were people would actually congratulate you on really cool kills. Nope people can't have awesome moments, it's just them using x OP weapon because it does y better than z.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,711 Posts
    Does your appearance actually stay what you pick, im always having to change them from default to another skin whenever the game closes and re opens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #414
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    I think that's just nostalgia, people have complained in of hacking in every Battlefield game I've played. Plus in Battlefield people always complained about dolphin divers, in 2142 it was the Vos, BC2 had the M60. I don't think it will ever go back to the days of 1942/Vietnam were people would actually congratulate you on really cool kills. Nope people can't have awesome moments, it's just them using x OP weapon because it does y better than z.
    Fair enough, I sort of assumed I was just looking back with rose-tinted glasses. Still, it's really sad to see so many people acting like they're ten years old just because "It's the internet and I'm anonymous". I thought we would at least be over the whole "Anyone who gets an unlikely kill is hacking" thing by now, especially in a game where unlikely kills happen a lot in each match due to the size and length of each round.

Edited:

I might sound crazy saying this, but I actually kind of miss bots. They were good for letting off steam or just fucking around with, especially with a few friends. Sure beat the hell out of the boring Co-op missions in BF3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    March 2009
    676 Posts
    Is it just me, or does putting an optic on some weapons just make them look less impressive. Like, putting any sight on a G3 makes the gun sit lower in the player's view. The result looks like it transformed into a mp5.

16. Post #416
    March 2007
    3,678 Posts
    Because a game that can't use more than 2 gigs of RAM needs 8?
    I have 8gb, and each time I run BF3 its eating 7gb of my ram.
    I idle windows at 1.2gb... soooooooooooooooo.......

17. Post #417
    You have to take into consideration you were younger when you played BF2 so youre probably part of the population you now see as childish. Also BF3 had a shit ton more publicity and advertising to compete with COD so a lot of those people moved into the game as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #418
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,444 Posts
    I have 8gb, and each time I run BF3 its eating 7gb of my ram.
    I idle windows at 1.2gb... soooooooooooooooo.......
    I have 8 gigs, BF3 uses 1.2 gigs of it.

32bit .exes cant use more than 2 gigs of RAM, even if you patch it with Large Address Aware (And then PB bans you for using a modified .exe) it can only use 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Why the fuck can't I win ONE more god damn TDM match. I have 49 win ribbons and just need 1 for the sweet dog tag and damn medal, but NO. EVERY FUCKING MATCH HAS BEEN ME TRYING TO CARRY MY TEAM VS GUYS WITH, I SHIT YOU NOT, A GUY WITH A 16.2k KILL WITH M16 DOGTAG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    Customize menu under loadout
    awesome! Now recon weapons have a reason to exist!

Also oh the hilarity that is placing a sonar beacon into containers flag and running around there with an 870
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    Why the fuck can't I win ONE more god damn TDM match. I have 49 win ribbons and just need 1 for the sweet dog tag and damn medal, but NO. EVERY FUCKING MATCH HAS BEEN ME TRYING TO CARRY MY TEAM VS GUYS WITH, I SHIT YOU NOT, A GUY WITH A 16.2k KILL WITH M16 DOGTAG.
    this guy?

22. Post #422
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    No; I play on PS3.

Holy fuck I just stared 3 friendly Supports in the face when my FAMAS had 0 ammo SHOOTING HIM WITH MY PISTOL AND SPAMMING "I NEED SOME ROUNDS"

God damn how stupid can people get on my team when all I need is 1 win.

Fuck this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    July 2009
    1,214 Posts
    That frustration when some max level jet pilot with all unlocks joins and instantly kills anything slightly hovering in the air for 2 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    3,107 Posts
    That frustration when some max level jet pilot with all unlocks joins and instantly kills anything slightly hovering in the air for 2 seconds.
    Easily blocked by Air Radar, Rocket Pods and Flares.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

25. Post #425
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    Good god, the m60 is a beast of a gun.
    When I unlocked the M60 it's fire rate was too slow so I went back to the m240b. Did more damage but fuck I can put 2x more rounds downrange with the M240B in that time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #426
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,451 Posts
    Could someone explain rocket pods to me, i just unlocked them but haven't used them. Are they like the rockets a attack helicopter pilot fires?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #427
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    Almost got the MK3A1 just need 4 jeep kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Thinking of buying a controller so I can fly easier. Y/N?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    get a joystick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,563 Posts
    What is the best shotgun, besides the USAS (OP pos)
    M1014 is awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

31. Post #431
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    7,081 Posts
    I want a level with 2 supercarriers fighting each other. That would be awesome, having heaps of helicopters, jets and boats attack eachother.
    Would be awesome, but i fear it would just end up being one team spawn raping the other (more than usual).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #432
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,451 Posts
    In heli's i like it, in jets i cant aim with a gamepad/joystick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,631 Posts
    n, i've always found flying much easier with a mouse and in a helicopter it can let you pull off some pretty sick evades etc. Just practice with the mouse and save yourself some monies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    No; I play on PS3.

Holy fuck I just stared 3 friendly Supports in the face when my FAMAS had 0 ammo SHOOTING HIM WITH MY PISTOL AND SPAMMING "I NEED SOME ROUNDS"

God damn how stupid can people get on my team when all I need is 1 win.

Fuck this
    The only map where I can expect first aid kits and ammo crates is metro. Everything else, you're better off finding a way to do everything by yourself.

Unless people stop for a while to do some fighting, you wont get any "Hey fix yourself up in that shit" kind of help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

35. Post #435
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    The only map where I can expect first aid kits and ammo crates is metro. Everything else, you're better off finding a way to do everything by yourself.

Unless people stop for a while to do some fighting, you wont get any "Hey fix yourself up in that shit" kind of help.
    When I'm the support I will go to everyone and drop ammo then to the next <3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    March 2011
    477 Posts
    Hey guys check this out:

Yeeeyy I learned the crop :D

It's my stats by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,563 Posts
    Dude learn to crop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #438
    March 2011
    477 Posts
    Dude learn to crop
    Yeah I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,154 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #440
    March 2011
    477 Posts
    MINEEEE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)