1. Post #1521
    February 2010
    6,246 Posts
    I played on server full of whining, swearing, idiots blowing up friendly vehicles...

Jesus Christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #1522
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    190 Posts
    I played on server full of whining, swearing, idiots blowing up friendly vehicles...

Jesus Christ.
    sounds like one of those days...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #1523
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I'll probably play on the FP server in a bit!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...-b84ace780a3f/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1524
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,620 Posts
    Does it for any of you guys keep happening that you constantly get killed in seemingly one/two shots from any gun?I played a game with a friend as the enemy and he said he unloaded half a clip into me but it showed as if he fired just one shot and was killed instantly.My connection is fine so it should't be lag.It gets really frustrating unloading more than 8 shots into the enemy while he seems to kill you in one shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1525
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,518 Posts
    >buy standard bad company 2 for $5
    >redeem code on origin
    >activate digital deluxe edition
    >fuck yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1526

February 2011
    637 Posts
    >redeem code on origin
    >fuck yes
    The digital deluxe edition doesn't give you anything different if you activate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1527
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,518 Posts
    you get a few extra weapons apparently

8. Post #1528
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,691 Posts
    Just finished off the assault class and got the service star and the enemy acquired weapons and also got to Warrant Officer One.

9. Post #1529
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    But it does less damage per shot and has only half the magazine size, simple trade-off.

Anyway, if you really want to get an idea of what using the MG36 is like use the M27 IAR. They're almost exactly the same weapon, except the M27 has less recoil and reloads almost twice as fast from empty (no round in the chamber). All the MG36 has going for it really is 5 extra rounds per magazine, but you probably won't use them more often than not because of said long ass empty mag reload.
    This. The M27 IAR is a lot better. I guess it just comes down to the feel of it anyway, different shit suits different people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #1530
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,432 Posts
    >redeem code on origin
    >fuck yes
    How many people still play that?

Edited:

They should really just make a tutorial for helicopters and aircraft, many of the HUD elements aren't properly explained, like the pilot's box with a square in it, showing where the gunner is pointing his cannon.

Look here:
    Most of those are kind of obvious, is any of that information particularly useful anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1531
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,090 Posts
    How many people still play that?

Edited:

Most of those are kind of obvious, is any of that information particularly useful anyway?
    Vertical speed indicator is very helpful to predict if your near future contains firey explosions

But what does the I beam do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1532
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Vertical speed indicator is very helpful to predict if your near future contains firey explosions

But what does the I beam do?
    If I'm not mistaken that's where the rockets will fire at when you're on the move as using the crosshair while on the move won't help.

13. Post #1533
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,595 Posts
    they need to come out with another expansion type thing with more weapons and assignments for me to do i'm starting to get bored :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1534
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    You know what the best part of this video is? Classic 1942 menu music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1535

December 2011
    458 Posts
    Teamwork seems so nonexistent in this game. Half of your team doesn't squad up, and when they do, they are too busy being a snipe-huur to actually help you. And if they are being useful, they are nowhere near you, so that's some nice teamwork, right? I also feel the class balance is awful.

For instance, the recon is so fucking useless. But everyone wants to be a "1337 snoipar ecks dee". Seriously, every time my team loses, we have about 50 snipers, and when we win, our entire team is engineer/assault. The only other BF title I have played is bad company 2, but even in that, all the classes felt useful. The recon had the satchel charges, encouraging players to actually get into the heat of battle instead of crouching in a corner 500 miles away.

The only thing that recons are good for are MAV scouting and SOFLAM targeting or whatever. And no one ever fucking uses them. It seems the only time my team has a soflam is when I use it. And in that case, no engis are using the javel since they are use to 100% of recons being usless snipe-huurs.

The engineer and assault are ridiculously useful. Their primary weapons are essentially the best, each offering a decent time to kill, medium accuracy and a sweet ROF. One can revive/heal (which is great with the ticket system) and the other is a tank rapist with the power of the RPG/javelin.

Support seems sort of tacked on, like they threw everything at him that they didn't know where to put. The mortar is not very fun to use and is annoying to get killed by. Satchel charges are useless in BF3 because of how CQB the game now is, unlike in BFC2 where it was usually somewhat safe to bet there wouldn't be many enemies nearby while you try to take the tank out. They also feel weaker. The ammo box is useful but not necessary, most people die before using all their mags, and it just promotes grenade launcher/RPG spam. Anyway, why bother resupplying when you can take a fallen comrades kit. Everyone uses the same 8 or so weapons anyway. Support is brought back up with its weapons, but almost all of them are inaccuracy/recoil kings, forcing you to use a bipod if you want to kill fast. But even then, the bipod is such a bad idea because it means that one of the 80 recons on the enemy team will shoot you as you stand perfectly still.

Essentially, engi/assault win the game, while support hangs out with them and gets a few assists while the recons sit around being fucking useless as tanks roll over the dicks of everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #1536
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Rockets do more damage if you hit them (tanks) in the back.
    Oh, I see...
    That's gonna be helpfull, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

17. Post #1537
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,090 Posts
    6 roadkills in one round. I ran over the same engineer 3 times.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1538
    Dennab
    February 2011
    1,499 Posts

Jesus Christ.
    Impossible!

Every server BANS you for swearing.    Even though the fucking voiceovers swear.   

19. Post #1539
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,090 Posts
    Impossible!

Every server BANS you for swearing. [sp]Even though the fucking voiceovers swear.[/i]
    I hope nobody quotes that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

20. Post #1540
    Dennab
    February 2011
    1,499 Posts
    So did the recent patch actually improve performance? Or did they specifically mean only 7xxx ATI cards..?

21. Post #1541
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    So did the recent patch actually improve performance? Or did they specifically mean only 7xxx ATI cards..?
    I feel I might have gotten a small boost. I'm on a 5xxx.

22. Post #1542
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Is anyone having problems starting up BF3? It'll show up on my tray bar then disappear. I'm not getting any patch notes or anything.
    Not even campaign works for me.

Edited:

Okay what the hell, I just tried restarting everything. Battlelog, Origin, my computer, and nothing's working. I've been waiting to play BF3 all day and now when I can finally play it's not starting up. Same shit as before, click a server, load, BF3 on the tray pops up then disappears like it's taunting me or something. Battlelog says I'm up to date but apparently you guys are saying there was a patch but I haven't gotten any notification.

23. Post #1543
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,027 Posts
    M39 with Holo, grip, and laser is awesome.

Spray and pray fully automatic guns are nice and get you kills quickly, but I find it a lot more fun with a semi-automatic rifle like on BC2 with the M1 Garand and M14. For me it's good practice to aim carefully, and then when I switch back to fully automatic weapons I do extremely well, barely ever missing my target. When I feel my aiming is becoming sloppy, I just go back to semi automatics for a while and repeat.

24. Post #1544
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,814 Posts
    I feel I might have gotten a small boost. I'm on a 5xxx.
    I can't tell, because the patch seems to have broke the in-game FPS counter.

25. Post #1545
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Solved my problem, my game wouldn't start up because I deleted my injfx_shaders folder. What in the God damn that shouldn't be a problem at all that is some bullpoop.
    Was talking to live chat trying to solve my problem until I remembered deleting that file. The worker gave me a discount code for my inconvenience, good shit.

Now how exactly do I obtain this code

26. Post #1546
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    I can't tell, because the patch seems to have broke the in-game FPS counter.
    I don't trust that, I just use fraps.

27. Post #1547
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,088 Posts
    You know what the best part of this video is? Classic 1942 menu music.
    Uhh no, the menu music for 1942 was Slaughter. This is the 1943 main theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1548

August 2007
    47 Posts
    M39 with Holo, grip, and laser is awesome.

Spray and pray fully automatic guns are nice and get you kills quickly, but I find it a lot more fun with a semi-automatic rifle like on BC2 with the M1 Garand and M14. For me it's good practice to aim carefully, and then when I switch back to fully automatic weapons I do extremely well, barely ever missing my target. When I feel my aiming is becoming sloppy, I just go back to semi automatics for a while and repeat.
    i prefer the qbu-88 for shit like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #1549
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    According to this post, there won't be a patch this month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1550
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,427 Posts
    Anyone know a way to increase time I can spend in the air? I've got ECM Jammers for jets, yet I still get locked onto and shot at from 3 separate targets all at once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1551
    December 2009
    1,517 Posts
    Every game I play people blaming their deaths on useless shit. I snipe a guy and he complains that all his team sucks and we need to stop spawn camping.

32. Post #1552
    March 2009
    285 Posts
    According to this post, there won't be a patch this month.
    This must be the big announcement. That there is no patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #1553
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,196 Posts
    Hardcore + Oman + Frag Round DAO-12 = Absolute Decimation. I levelled the side of a building and parachuted in, it was the only way in, and just sat there firing frag rounds at peoples feet for a good 15 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #1554
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,027 Posts
    i prefer the qbu-88 for shit like that
    SKS is also pretty awesome. I use ironsights, laser, and grip on that and it's a beast.

35. Post #1555
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,518 Posts
    updating bad company 2 has to be

[h2]THE MOST INFURIATING FUCKING THING ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET[/H2]

Literally at FUCKING 99%, "LOL CHECK IF YOUR FILES ARE MISSING"/"FILE NOT FOUND WANNA PLAY THE OLD VERSION"

ALL I WANTED WAS TO PLAY SOME GODDAMN FUCKING MULTIPLAYER

fuCK

Edited:

I spent fucking 2 hours total waiting for the auto-updater TWICE after it failed the first time, and both times it fucking failed RIGHT NEAR THE VERY FUCKING END

36. Post #1556
    Jesus christ, I went in one server, and THEY HAD A FUCKING DEBATE ABOUT THE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT RACE.

And 2 guys got kicked for that.

I played bf3 to get away from politics and i get this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

37. Post #1557
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,518 Posts
    holy shit you guys, i think bc2 finally updated on the third try. and all i had to do was choose every other process.

fucking thank you.

Edited:

close*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

38. Post #1558
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,974 Posts
    Anyone here want to join a server? And, you know, work together?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #1559
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    This guy probably bails out every time trying to do some trickshot. 400 attempts later he gets awesome video but still has 0 jets kills (not true)

Also they are nerfing PKP, AEK, M98, MP7, VAL and P90.

I am going to miss PKP's 100% accuracy with bipods. It's an absolute monster of an LMG.

Oh and yesterday I won a fight against two snipers with an eod bot Seriously, they were shooting at it with pistols but couldn't destroy it and I eventually got them. Embarrassing for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

40. Post #1560
    July 2007
    313 Posts
    Just thought I'd leave this here.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)