1. Post #8641
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Hey did Dice ever comment on mod support?
    I want community maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #8642
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,248 Posts
    Some kid (on YT of course) just told me that bf3 is a simulator, along with every other war game out there, should I even bother responding?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #8643
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Some kid (on YT of course) just told me that bf3 is a simulator, along with every other war game out there, should I even bother responding?
    Yes, say "yea so is quake and team fortress 2 ;)"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #8644
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,635 Posts
    So after going full Support and having 3 Service Stars for it and 16 for the PKP, I need some change.

Recommend me something fun to play with, please.
    Repost for new page.

(I hate asking a question and wind up being the last post on a page)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

5. Post #8645
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Repost for new page.

(I hate asking a question and wind up being the last post on a page)
    Get 5 service stars for 44 magnum. Its dogtag is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #8646
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,345 Posts
    It's a simulator of what life would be like if it was an unrealistic video game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #8647
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,350 Posts
    After reviving a teammate, then switching to my M26 and shooting some guy in the face:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8648
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,748 Posts
    The game needs more coop missions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #8649
    October 2009
    7,350 Posts
    Coop missions and some way to make a private server with friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #8650
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    Hey did Dice ever comment on mod support?
    I want community maps.
    yes, basically

1. they can't make tools specifically just for map making because the frostbite engine is "too complex" when it comes to assets, (because you know, it's impossible for them to just make assets that have destruction pre-designated or something that you could place)
    2. they don't want the community having the actual dev tools because they're not simple enough for modders

in other words, bullshit reasoning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #8651
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,746 Posts
    They are making money out of map packs, so you can forget about map making tools.....it's like selling cars when you also give them for free, who the fuck is going to BUY them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #8652
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    actually I see it more like selling cars when you're offering the all the parts for free
    except they're now digital.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #8653
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,345 Posts
    They are making money out of map packs, so you can forget about map making tools.....it's like selling cars when you also give them for free, who the fuck is going to BUY them?
    Well BF2 had quite a bit of custom content but still sold its expansions fairly well I would assume
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #8654
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,370 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #8655
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,497 Posts
    a new sniper rifle (of all expansions) at :43 and new assault rifle at :58

spas-12 (a shotgun) at :37
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

16. Post #8656
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,370 Posts
    Weapons seen in trailer-
    MTAR-21 (Micro Tavor Assault Rifle)
    SPAS 12 (Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun)
    JNG-90 sniper rifle (nicknamed Bora)
    ACW-R
    AUG-A3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

17. Post #8657
    October 2010
    378 Posts
    a new sniper rifle (of all expansions) at :43 and new assault rifle at :58

spas-12 (a shotgun) at :37
    The new sniper rifle is the JHG-90 apparently, a Turkish bolt-action rifle fed from a 10-round magazine of 7.62 NATO.

So basically it's every bolt action sniper except the M98B, what an exciting new addition to the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #8658
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,681 Posts
    Holy fuck AUG A3!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #8659
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,315 Posts
    Too COD-like for my taste. I always enjoyed BF for the openness and the many tactics required for transition between buildings and field.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8660
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,901 Posts
    Holy fuck AUG A3!
    I do hope it turns out good, and not copy and paste of a shitty weapon like the F2000.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #8661
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,152 Posts
    Hopefully DICE will take note of this useful feedback from the BF3 community.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #8662
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,901 Posts
    Hopefully DICE will take note of this useful feedback from the BF3 community.

Oh boy, you havent seen the official forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #8663
    October 2010
    12,761 Posts
    These videos make it look far cooler than what it's gonna be with actual players.

Maybe with fewer players.. The maps do look cool though. How many more new maps is it gonna be anyway? Any vehicle (helicopter) maps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #8664
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    I have to say, as much as some people may hate it, I think the close quarters combat dlc looks great so far

small scale maps with (hopefully) hectic gameplay. Perfect for console gamers that just want to get into a game quickly without worrying about vehicles and all that, and perfect for when you want to play a fast paced match. Looks like the shootouts will be extremely satisfying, but we're yet to see how it actually is when it comes out i suppose

Edited:

These videos make it look far cooler than what it's gonna be with actual players.

Maybe with fewer players.. The maps do look cool though. How many more new maps is it gonna be anyway? Any vehicle (helicopter) maps?
    4 close quarter maps, probably no vehicles on any of them, all 16 player maps..

wait for the next two dlc if it's not what you want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #8665
    October 2010
    12,761 Posts
    Yeah the consoles aren't any worse off actually.. In these maps, on PC, there will be 64player madness and there will be whining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

26. Post #8666
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    pretty sure there wont be 64 players even on the pc, while I can see people maybe wanting 64 player maps, 16 seems fine for the size of the maps imo, 32 would be pushing it, maybe 24 would be a good maximum though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

27. Post #8667
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,345 Posts
    Too COD-like for my taste. I always enjoyed BF for the openness and the many tactics required for transition between buildings and field.
    Those are my favorite type of maps as well.
    However, unlike most of the previous entries, BF3 has very well done infantry combat and has the potential to be a lot of fun in a deathmatch mode. Only problem is that most of the deathmatch map version suck right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #8668
    October 2010
    12,761 Posts
    Yep noticed your automerg, sounds very interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

29. Post #8669
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    5,148 Posts
    Found my old Alpha screens. Hell, I miss that HUD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #8670
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,709 Posts
    Well BF2 had quite a bit of custom content but still sold its expansions fairly well I would assume
    Lets be honest though BF2's expansions were full blown additions that added a whole bunch of new stuff

BF3's DLC on the other hand is mostly a map pack, with some weapons on the side and a small handfull of new vehicles exclusive to those maps. Most people just get it for the maps though, the other stuff is just bonus for most I'd say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

31. Post #8671
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    And what is Armored Fury/Euro Forces then?

Edited:

It's funny because those added fewer maps and fewer guns/vehicles each.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

32. Post #8672
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    Weapons seen in trailer-
    MTAR-21 (Micro Tavor Assault Rifle)
    SPAS 12 (Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun)
    JNG-90 sniper rifle (nicknamed Bora)
    ACW-R
    AUG-A3
    Also the SCAR-H
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #8673
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts

M417 at 1:22 mark, most likely as a western SKS counterpart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #8674
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    Those CQC maps are probably going to be a hell of a fun on 4v4, and maybe 8v8 too depending on size.

Edited:

Anyone else notice the scar had a shotgun crosshair at one point in that trailer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #8675
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,247 Posts
    The Scar-H isn't new though
    Here's the list of what I spotted that's new:
    jng-50 - recon
    Lsat - support
    Mtar-21 - whatev's
    aug a3 - whatever
    spas-12 - shotgun
    ACW-R - whatev's
    417 confirmed by that dude somewhat above me

Here's something though; the support here looks like he has a silenced revolver:

Don't mind the 417, I didn't think anyone else saw it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #8676
    March 2007
    3,671 Posts
    The Scar-H isn't new though
    Here's the list of what I spotted that's new:
    jng-50 - recon
    Lsat - support
    Mtar-21 - whatev's
    aug a3 - whatever
    spas-12 - shotgun
    ACW-R - whatev's
    417 confirmed by that dude somewhat above me

Here's something though; the support here looks like he has a silenced revolver:

Don't mind the 417, I didn't think anyone else saw it.
    That sexy ass looking silenced .44 with a laser light is probably only for DICE employees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #8677
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    HK417 is for everybody however.

Edited:

Never mind me just making a list of what guns are for what class.

Assault:
    -AUG A3
    -SCAR-L

Engineer:
    -ACW-R
    -MTar-21 (Either engineer or PDW, most likely engineer however.)

Support:
    -L86A2
    -LSAT

Recon:
    -JNG-50
    -HK417

Allclass:
    -Spas12
    -Unknown(CZ75 pistol? MP5K? I have no clue.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

38. Post #8678
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,127 Posts
    I really only want this DLC for new guns to unlock stuff for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #8679
    October 2009
    7,350 Posts
    Amazing, the stupidity of some players. I was going quite well with my M26 Dart (No heavy barrel):

Yet they still whine about me abusing bugs. Makes sense, because getting shot in the face with a shotgun would never kill you without that bug right??!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #8680
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    yes, basically

1. they can't make tools specifically just for map making because the frostbite engine is "too complex" when it comes to assets, (because you know, it's impossible for them to just make assets that have destruction pre-designated or something that you could place)
    2. they don't want the community having the actual dev tools because they're not simple enough for modders

in other words, bullshit reasoning
    They also pulled the "it takes months to compile the maps" card on the battlelog forums which is also bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)