1. Post #8841
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,950 Posts
    High SPM means nothing, The knife is a last resort and it should be used as such.

with over 1k kills with the knife i'm willing to bet countless teammates of yours have been killed because you chose to knife instead of shoot. Weither because you allowed them to be shot or you died before you could rez them.

90% of the time the knife is not a viable weapon, the 10% of the time it is. Is when it's a single sniper on his own lying on a rock, or when your our of ammo and have nothing to loose. Now iI'm not gonna say stop playing for fun and running about knifing people, im simply saying it how it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #8842
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,355 Posts
    High SPM means nothing, The knife is a last resort and it should be used as such.

with over 1k kills with the knife i'm willing to bet countless teammates of yours have been killed because you chose to knife instead of shoot. Weither because you allowed them to be shot or you died before you could rez them.

90% of the time the knife is not a viable weapon, the 10% of the time it is. Is when it's a single sniper on his own lying on a rock, or when your our of ammo and have nothing to loose. Now iI'm not gonna say stop playing for fun and running about knifing people, im simply saying it how it is.
    You sound jealous, that's a pretty dumb assumption considering my stats, and the fact that you've never actually seen me play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27 (list)

3. Post #8843
    January 2008
    1,229 Posts
    I have a question : what framerate should i be getting with two 6990's in crossfire at 1920x1200 with a 2600k @ 4.7? Im wondering if all four gpus are being used to their fullest potential. i just need a rough estimate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #8844
    March 2007
    3,676 Posts
    I have a question : what framerate should i be getting with two 6990's in crossfire at 1920x1200 with a 2600k @ 4.7? Im wondering if all four gpus are being used to their fullest potential. i just need a rough estimate.
    On ultra with two GTX 570's at 1920x1080 with 2xAA and motion blur off (with AMD FX-8120 @ 4.1ghz)
    I get 40fps-70fps on conquest large maps, dip as low as 30~fps on B2K maps.

If that helps at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #8845
    July 2007
    341 Posts
    On ultra with two GTX 570's at 1920x1080 with 2xAA and motion blur off (with AMD FX-8120 @ 4.1ghz)
    I get 40fps-70fps on conquest large maps, dip as low as 30~fps on B2K maps.

If that helps at all.
    I have a 2500k@4.4 with a single GTX570, 1080p maxed out and I'm getting those frames.. I'm pretty sure the AMD is bottlenecking your setup.. You should be getting 60 - 90 fps on average.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

6. Post #8846
    March 2007
    3,676 Posts
    I have a 2500k@4.4 with a single GTX570, 1080p maxed out and I'm getting those frames.. I'm pretty sure the AMD is bottlenecking your setup.. You should be getting 60 - 90 fps on average.
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    On the smaller conquest maps I get much higher frames, but stuff like caspian and firestorm run at about 40-70 avg.

7. Post #8847
    July 2005
    227 Posts
    Hmm my set up is, 1 GTX 460, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 8gig ram, Windows 7 64 bit.
    I have the game at ultra settings with everything maxed out in 1680-1050 with an average 45-60 fps on all maps.
    My rip runs surprisingly well, Also my GTX 460 is OC'd
    hope this info will help for those of you are running superior machines but getting low fps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8848
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,780 Posts

Knifing does have the distinct advantage of being totally silent though, which means if you are in an area where an enemy squad is or you don't want to be known position wise, a knife is a damn excellent weapon to use. Whenever I am behind someone or can get behind them, and in a situation where it would be really stupid to shoot my weapon, I try to use knife. Even if I have silencer, because people can still hear those, even if it isn't as obvious and doesn't show up on minimap.

9. Post #8849
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    AS VAL with extended mags is like having an assault tier weapon for any class.

Now I get the benefits of assault plus the rocket launcher of an engineer. I love it.

10. Post #8850
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,820 Posts
    You sound jealous, that's a pretty dumb assumption considering my stats, and the fact that you've never actually seen me play.
    High SPM could be achieved by playing 24/7 Op Metro 64 Conquest 1000 tickets everyday. it really doesn't show how good you actually are until people actually see you play. You could sit in a corner with M203 or M26 gaining a high SPM and people will think you're the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #8851
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    5,193 Posts
    Let us see you battlelog profile.

UPD:
    Yes, I'm too lazy for checking 200+ pages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #8852
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,481 Posts
    AEK-971 is my recently discovered love. Went 75 and like 20. Overall one of the best games I've played in a long time, and it was even on metro. My entire team was cooperating really well, and so we held all the points for most of the game. Was really fun, even though it was lopsided, but they still got out of the base a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #8853
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,919 Posts
    Does anybody know how to fix flickering black spots in battlefield 2?
    FH2 is fine everything else has these annoying flickering black spots all over the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

14. Post #8854
    April 2011
    5,193 Posts
    AEK-971 is my recently discovered love. Went 75 and like 20. Overall one of the best games I've played in a long time, and it was even on metro. My entire team was cooperating really well, and so we held all the points for most of the game. Was really fun, even though it was lopsided, but they still got out of the base a lot.
    Pre-patch - foregrip and silencer. After patch - foregrip and flash supp.
    Or give it heavy barrel with bipod and Burst Fire alldaway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #8855
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,327 Posts
    Pre-patch - foregrip and silencer. After patch - foregrip and flash supp.
    Or give it heavy barrel with bipod and Burst Fire alldaway.
    or laser sight hip-firing machine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #8856
    February 2010
    5,576 Posts
    Does anybody know how to fix flickering black spots in battlefield 2?
    FH2 is fine everything else has these annoying flickering black spots all over the map.
    I have the same problem, what graphics card do you have? Apparently it's caused by ATi cards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #8857
    April 2011
    5,193 Posts
    Yesterday on Kharg I was the ONLY guy with rank above lvl25, when enemy team was full of 40+stars colonels.
    After being continuously baseraped 2 times in a row, we managed to push them to the spawn and lose with 000:023 ticket count. (server with 800tic.)
    Even being completely noobish, my teammates was awesome guys. At least they listened to me. Feeled myself like playing BF2 as Commander.
    And there was a shittons of rage from "more skilled" enemy team. They made my day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #8858
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    What do you guys reckon I should stick on the L85A2? At the moment I have the typical RDS+Foregrip+Heavy Barrel, is there any better setups out there? I'm thinking extended mags would be nice, but is it worth dropping one of the above?

19. Post #8859
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    587 Posts
    They should really add a chat screen to the scoreboard at the end of the match
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

20. Post #8860
    May 2010
    3,169 Posts
    What do you guys reckon I should stick on the L85A2? At the moment I have the typical RDS+Foregrip+Heavy Barrel, is there any better setups out there? I'm thinking extended mags would be nice, but is it worth dropping one of the above?
    I'm 99% sure that you can't unlock extended mags for any assault rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #8861
    December 2009
    8,793 Posts
    Could be neat with 45 round mag though, less hipfire accuracy and longer reload possibly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

22. Post #8862
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    Yesterday on Kharg I was the ONLY guy with rank above lvl25, when enemy team was full of 40+stars colonels.
    After being continuously baseraped 2 times in a row, we managed to push them to the spawn and lose with 000:023 ticket count. (server with 800tic.)
    Even being completely noobish, my teammates was awesome guys. At least they listened to me. Feeled myself like playing BF2 as Commander.
    And there was a shittons of rage from "more skilled" enemy team. They made my day.
    You sound a lot better than most of the "more experienced" people that get on noob teams.

Usually the only thing they have to say is "You guys fucking SUCK"

Edited:

The only thing I like better for that gun is the Kobra instead of the Reflex RDS.
    But that's pretty far off and more of a visual than performance thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #8863
    May 2010
    3,169 Posts
    Edited:

The only thing I like better for that gun is the Kobra instead of the Reflex RDS.
    Personally I can't stand any non-scope sight that isn't the US holo-sight. It makes any gun it's slapped on look cool and futuristic as fuck, plus it's my favourite sight in terms of function.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #8864
    April 2011
    5,193 Posts
    You sound a lot better than most of the "more experienced" people that get on noob teams.

Usually the only thing they have to say is "You guys fucking SUCK"
    Just don't like to switch teams. And only thing I raging at is poor skill guns, like USAS-12 or glitches.
    Also it feels great, when you can manage poor skill team to get a win against all those 1337[-360-]RaepSoldahs.
    This is the meaning of Battlefield for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

25. Post #8865
    September 2011
    733 Posts

Edited:
    Yeah I agree completely, I love the Kobra sight, just haven't managed to unlock it for the L85A2 yet. Totally forgot about no extended mags on AR's, damn. I'll stick with Foregrip/Heavy Barrel for now then, might give the flash supressor a try and see how I go.

26. Post #8866
    October 2010
    12,982 Posts
    AS VAL with extended mags is like having an assault tier weapon for any class.

Now I get the benefits of assault plus the rocket launcher of an engineer. I love it.
    So you've had good time with AS VAL since the patch?

I used to rock AS VAL with the Laser Sight a lot (very good for hipfiring) but it ran out of bullets fast, but the weapon bites really hard. Anyway it feels like there's more recoil now, not as accurate for longer range but I don't know maybe I should start using it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #8867
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,919 Posts
    I have the same problem, what graphics card do you have? Apparently it's caused by ATi cards.
    I've got a ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, but i've heard people with nvidia cards have the same problem.

I've heard that putting the terrain settings on low fixes the problem, but that makes the ground look like poop. Downgrading graphics card to 11.3 or whatever the version was apparently also fixes it but I want to be able to play other games aswell.

28. Post #8868
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,366 Posts
    So you've had good time with AS VAL since the patch?

I used to rock AS VAL with the Laser Sight a lot (very good for hipfiring) but it ran out of bullets fast, but the weapon bites really hard. Anyway it feels like there's more recoil now, not as accurate for longer range but I don't know maybe I should start using it again.
    I dislike the AS VAL. I never used it pre-patch but I can tell you that for me, I can use almost any other gun and do better than I can do with the AS VAL. It has a lot more recoil now than pre-patch from what I've heard and I don't have fun using it even though I was looking forward to using that gun more than any other. Huge let down really.

29. Post #8869
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,879 Posts

I love this feeling..

hint, look at tickets   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

30. Post #8870
    April 2011
    5,193 Posts
    Somehow my HD4850 really like BF3 in windowed mode. I got insane fps-boost with it.
    Like 25-40 in fullscreen, when it's 30(34)-55(60) in windowed.
    All in Med-Low.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

31. Post #8871
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,950 Posts
    Believe me, im not jealous of your stats or your knife kills, i have maybe 30 kills with it out of my 20 thousand odd kills.

Like i already said, stats mean jack in this game, But If you want to go down the stats road, Think how much higher your SPM would be if you did not rely so heavily on the knife?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #8872
    February 2010
    5,576 Posts
    I've got a ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, but i've heard people with nvidia cards have the same problem.

I've heard that putting the terrain settings on low fixes the problem, but that makes the ground look like poop. Downgrading graphics card to 11.3 or whatever the version was apparently also fixes it but I want to be able to play other games aswell.
    Ah, I have an ATi Radeon 4890 myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #8873
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    I dislike the AS VAL. I never used it pre-patch but I can tell you that for me, I can use almost any other gun and do better than I can do with the AS VAL. It has a lot more recoil now than pre-patch from what I've heard and I don't have fun using it even though I was looking forward to using that gun more than any other. Huge let down really.
    I like it because it feels laser accurate with little recoil in bursts or single shots plus maintaining more damage at range than any of the PDWs or carbines.The AS VAL is one of those guns that I can kill snipers with at sniper ranges.

It gets tricky though using it for running and gunning which I think is why a lot of people dislike it now. The hipfiring is terrible and has a huge accuracy loss while moving compared to other guns.

34. Post #8874
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,438 Posts
    I get 75 fps on a 7970, but it's locked to vsync.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

35. Post #8875
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    847 Posts
    can anyone explain why do punkbusterB suddenly self-destructs itself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #8876
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,049 Posts
    "Tired of being autobalanced? To remove this, join our website"

After I've just been teamswitched while flying the heli?

I think I'll just avoid your server from now on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #8877
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    I hate how the AS VAL is a useless piece of shit. I used to like it a little, now it's useless at medium/long range due to the large amount of horizontal recoil. And the magazine, it goes empty in a few seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

38. Post #8878

April 2011
    4,528 Posts
    I hate how the AS VAL is a useless piece of shit. I used to like it a little, now it's useless at medium/long range due to the large amount of horizontal recoil. And the magazine, it goes empty in a few seconds.
    Put it onto single fire and get a bind or something that fires it REALLY fast. You get no recoil or spread at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #8879
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    Put it onto single fire and get a bind or something that fires it REALLY fast. You get no recoil or spread at all.
    Wtf that's the gayest shit I've heard in my life, don't do that, it could even be considered glitching (probably not, but it's faggy).

40. Post #8880
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,465 Posts
    Wtf that's the gayest shit I've heard in my life, don't do that, it could even be considered glitching (probably not, but it's faggy).
    It's not glitching technically, because all you are doing is firing really fast. It's just DICE not compensating for the fact you can fire that quickly in single fire properly (like, the recoil doesn't accumulate as it should or something).

Still a dick move though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)