1. Post #4161
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,620 Posts
    How odd.

Overclocking my gpu to the maximum it possibly can, bf3 becomes more stable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #4162
    February 2010
    6,215 Posts
    How odd.

I should try that. Of course, not overclocking it to the maximum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4163
    March 2007
    3,676 Posts
    How odd.

Thats actually been known for the GTX 570 and 580, well, voltage more than just overclocking.
    Raising the voltage up a bit on either cards makes BF3 more stable, just shows how GPU dependent BF3 is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4164
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,620 Posts
    Thats actually been known for the GTX 570 and 580, well, voltage more than just overclocking.
    Raising the voltage up a bit on either cards makes BF3 more stable, just shows how GPU dependent BF3 is.
    I use a 5750 at 870/1234, default is 700/1150.

5. Post #4165
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,068 Posts
    I have a stock-clocked 5750, Runs BF3 just fine as long as I don't crank up Ambient Occlusion

Edited:

I like 24/7 Metro. Though I tend to use Bullets instead of spamming explosives. Yesterday I got 3 Nemesis pins from one guy and he was calling me a Noob and saying he fucks my mom in all caps. I just said Okay. He was using RPGs and USAS with Frag rounds. I was using the SAW and P90 for my time in the game. It kind of speaks for itself and I didn't have to say anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #4166
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,620 Posts
    I have a stock-clocked 5750, Runs BF3 just fine as long as I don't crank up Ambient Occlusion

Edited:

I like 24/7 Metro. Though I tend to use Bullets instead of spamming explosives. Yesterday I got 3 Nemesis pins from one guy and he was calling me a Noob and saying he fucks my mom in all caps. I just said Okay. He was using RPGs and USAS with Frag rounds. I was using the SAW and P90 for my time in the game. It kind of speaks for itself and I didn't have to say anything
    I know my performance would increase if I got more ram and a much better CPU. My cpu is pretty much the thing that's been holding me back for some modern games. Of course, the 5750 isn't the best gpu for modern gaming.

7. Post #4167
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,068 Posts
    It's not the best but that's only because it's about 3 years old. And for it to still be able to run new releases flawlessly in most cases is great. I've never gone so long without upgrading a component in my PC

I guess I have Consoles to thank for that, really. Most developers have been sticking to within the console's limits for the last 3-5 years. So there's not been any real graphical advancement that requires more power. Once the new consoles come out we'll all be needing to upgrade

Fuckin' consoles

8. Post #4168
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts

Edited:

Reminds me of an experience in Metro where an enemy engineer shot an rpg at me while I was reloading my pistol, went prone at the last second and headshot the bastard. He was so mad he called me a little bitch. Felt good. Same round I assaulted the back escalators with nothing but an silenced MP433 dropping four Russians with one magazine, I was so hopped up on adrenaline I thought I was in a Freddie Wong video, hid among the bodies of the slain to reload only to pop up putting more people down with my pistol.

9. Post #4169
    December 2009
    8,792 Posts
    Sounds like a band-aid. Increase ROF or increase damage, it simply doesn't output the damage to compete with other rifles in combat.
    No that's the worst idea ever.
    Damage is based on barrel length and caliber, ROF on the real life gun ROF.
    Accuracy and recoil is pretty much the only things you SHOULd tweak in a game like battlefield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4170
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,760 Posts
    It's not like damage isn't arbitrarily tweaked already

I think the worst idea ever was letting the guy who made Damavand Pass anywhere near a computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #4171
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    437 Posts
    I don't get the hate for the L85 here, I found it to be quite an excellent rifle with a grip and heavy barrel. Very accurate, and not bad on Metro either. That's not to say of course it's pointless to use up against the hordes of AEK's, and M16's which are just flat-out better in the wrong ways(Being sniper-rifle accurate miniguns with no recoil.) At least DICE have posted that they're going to fix the AEK-971.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

12. Post #4172
    July 2009
    994 Posts
    so I was playing Noshahr Canals as the Russians when I decide to take the mobile aa

and this happened...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/1/238609764/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

13. Post #4173
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,068 Posts
    Reminds me of an experience in Metro where an enemy engineer shot an rpg at me while I was reloading my pistol, went prone at the last second and headshot the bastard. He was so mad he called me a little bitch. Felt good. Same round I assaulted the back escalators with nothing but an silenced MP433 dropping four Russians with one magazine, I was so hopped up on adrenaline I thought I was in a Freddie Wong video, hid among the bodies of the slain to reload only to pop up putting more people down with my pistol.
    Great hiding spot is just up the rear escalator, and to the left, there's an overturned thing or whatever, with room enough to get inside, and even lay prone without anything clipping through (Except a laser) Crouch, pop a few people with a suppressed weapon, back to prone

14. Post #4174
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Oh gods, I just ordered B2K and Specact for me and a friend and he got it okay, but I don't seem to have it.

15. Post #4175
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    It takes a bit of time for B2K to come up as being owned, took me about half an hour, wait a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #4176
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    821 Posts
    This server:
    [ejz] SQ DM Only / Fast Round / 1 Player Start.

You need 5 KILLS and the round will be over, in every 1 minute it will change to a next map.
    everytime it does the same thing.....AGAIN!
    The most dumbest idea i've ever seen to play a squad deathmatch with 5 kills to win. what the hell were they thinking?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #4177
    March 2007
    3,676 Posts
    I use a 5750 at 870/1234, default is 700/1150.
    What voltage are you at?

18. Post #4178
    September 2007
    1,197 Posts
    The most frustrating thing about this game (and it happens in COD too) is when the enemy takes points away as fast as you capture them.

I always ask myself
    - Where are my teammates?
    - Are they capturing other points?
    - What the fuck are they doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #4179
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,347 Posts
    I want a drum mag to the L85.

Because its gun sound is soooo sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4180
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,256 Posts

Well, you'll get it in Close Quarters, but it's the L86, the LMG version of the L85
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #4181
    October 2010
    378 Posts

There's an L86 in the upcoming DLC, but it looks to be fed from a 40-round magazine.

Woops, ninja'd.

22. Post #4182
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    This server:
    [ejz] SQ DM Only / Fast Round / 1 Player Start.

You need 5 KILLS and the round will be over, in every 1 minute it will change to a next map.
    everytime it does the same thing.....AGAIN!
    The most dumbest idea i've ever seen to play a squad deathmatch with 5 kills to win. what the hell were they thinking?!
    Probably to help people get the 5 SQDM wins they need for the assignment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #4183
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #4184
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,728 Posts
    Has being autistic already become a common thing in BF3? Seems like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    Does the map download from the server each time or what, it's taking me forever to get into this one server. Does Karkand DLC make it faster?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #4186
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    Does the map download from the server each time or what, it's taking me forever to get into this one server. Does Karkand DLC make it faster?
    All the B2K maps load in 15 seconds or so, while the original ones take fucking ages. No clue as to why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

27. Post #4187
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    All the B2K maps load in 15 seconds or so, while the original ones take fucking ages. No clue as to why.
    B2K maps are more optimised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

28. Post #4188
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,462 Posts
    Funny thing is though, the old maps loaded in about 10seconds before back to karkand was released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4189
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    Hmm check it out, looks impressive.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03...lose-quarters/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

30. Post #4190
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,371 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #4191
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    Term "HD destruction" is stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4192
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,620 Posts
    What voltage are you at?
    Since the only way to overvolt this card is to mod it, It runs at the default 0.95-1.1.

33. Post #4193
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    342 Posts
    HD Glasses

34. Post #4194
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,456 Posts
    Not really, it's the destruction, just to a much higher definition, not as in "higher res, look at this shit", but as in more defined. Going by the time-lapse video it is a fair bit more accurate in terms of how walls break apart.

I think there must be something to do with the size of the maps causing destruction to be different, the smaller maps seemed to have more accurate destruction from what I remember. Probably a resource management thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #4195
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    That latest blog post is really good. Got me really pumped up for the CQB pack. I hope there's going to be servers that run it with no M320/USAS, or just hopefully they aren't that commonly used. Without crazy spammy stuff like that, it'll easily become one of those extremely fun maps that you play occasionally for a quick round to rack up some kills or try out a new gun, without wanting to bother to play a longer conquest game. The best point made in the blog is:

There is something very unique about an indoor fire fight. You have to cover angles in new ways, use sound to track your enemies, navigate with much more careful precision and most importantly, you’re never safe. Danger is always no more than a few meters away. It’s a scenario that always makes me feel 100% in the fight. There is no dull moment, you’re always on your toes, on the edge.
    He's right too, I love this feeling when it's done right. Metro just feels like shit. The only issue with this CQB stuff, like I said, is USAS/M320/RPG/SMAW. Hopefully it isn't too bad, but if it is, can just always play on a server that bans them, and problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4196
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    I like how the iranians have 100 percent, perfect accuracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #4197
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,453 Posts
    I hate giant open spaces when I'm on foot. Because there's a 75% chance someone is going to see you and atempt to kill you.

I'm not a fan of rush because when you attack, that's all it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #4198

April 2011
    4,528 Posts
    I like how the iranians have 100 percent, perfect accuracy.
    Iranians? Since when were Iranians in BF3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #4199
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,950 Posts
    Iranians? Since when were Iranians in BF3?
    The campaign mostly takes place in Iran, it's a decent assumption.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4200
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,091 Posts
    I hate giant open spaces when I'm on foot. Because there's a 75% chance someone is going to see you and atempt to kill you.

I'm not a fan of rush because when you attack, that's all it is.
    That's why you gotta play rush hardcore.