1. Post #8081
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,680 Posts
    i understood all of that last sentence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

2. Post #8082

those tabs that protect the front sight from damage aren't supposed to be aligned with the dots on the rear sight. the three dots are supposed to be aligned horizontally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #8083
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,680 Posts
    and the shots hit above the front sight instead of on it? that confused me about the L96 because the dot on the front sight isn't on the center of the screen when ironsighted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

4. Post #8084
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,426 Posts
    Does anyone know what the hell Dice were thinking when they "fixed" the AWP's iron sights?

"The L96 ironsights have been adjusted for a clearer aiming picture and correct use of the integral front sight."

It's not correct at all, you're supposed to put the front bead at the target. Jesus. The front post protectors aren't supposed to be lined up with the ghost ring dots.

Those are supposed to be lined up. You don't just put the front bead on the target that's not how sights work

Edited:

nevermind you elaborated on what you meant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #8085
    And that's exactly what I'm saying?

Edited:

and the shots hit above the front sight instead of on it? that confused me about the L96 because the dot on the front sight isn't on the center of the screen when ironsighted
    yep. if you place the actual front sight on targets you hit way above. it's really annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #8086
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,426 Posts
    And that's exactly what I'm saying?

Edited:

yep. if you place the actual front sight on targets you hit way above. it's really annoying.
    yeah sorry you said put front bead on the target and i didn't think you quite understood how it worked but then you elaborated with a picture after. i noticed first thing after the patch i went to use the L96 and not a single shot was where it was supposed to be, I just quit using it and instead run around with the SKS like a noob
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #8087
    Hey no prob

It's annoying that they claim to fix things and leave them broken for weeks, though. I usually use sniper rifles with ironsights, "straight-pull bolts" and silencers for close up combat, but it's pretty fucking difficult when you can't even aim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8088
    December 2009
    3,727 Posts
    Most of the scopes and sights on the weapons are not even aligned. It really disturbs me when they are bent to hell and back on certain weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #8089
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,799 Posts
    Is it possible for a certain webpage to completely break my internet connection, a router restart needed to connect again?

Because whenever I go to battlelog, my net breaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

10. Post #8090
    April 2011
    645 Posts
    I cant get on Origin D:<

Never mind, it works now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #8091
    May 2007
    1,983 Posts
    My old hardware makes me sad. I want to record some BF3 footage, but the ol' girl simply can't take it.

12. Post #8092
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,455 Posts
    record to an external HDD?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

13. Post #8093
    May 2007
    1,983 Posts
    record to an external HDD?
    Its not my hard drive that's the problem, my graphics card and CPU bottleneck when I try to record.

14. Post #8094
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,263 Posts
    caspian border during a thunder storm, having lightning hitting the tower ocassionally
    Killing anyone sat up there for the sake of getting them off the damn thing. As far as I remember, you can't shoot back at people up that tower easily. Though getting up there has been made a bit harder with no more MAV boosting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #8095
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    FUCKING FINALLY managed to get the multiplayer working. I had PB errors 9003 and 9005 and nothing worked until I found this. I don't know how many of you have had to deal with Punkbuster's bullshit but personally I've had to do something different with each iteration of Battlefield to get Punkbuster's shit together, and it's not something that anyone should have to do. Is there any chance of a Punkbuster section in the OP? With error numbers and solutions for specific errors? I think it'd help quite a few players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #8096
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,708 Posts
    Tried a new playstyle today

420 noscope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 27Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #8097
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,473 Posts
    It guess you could say

smoking kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 20Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #8098
    May 2010
    6,719 Posts
    Tried a new playstyle today

420 noscope
    Video please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

19. Post #8099
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,708 Posts
    I'm gonna try recording it next time, can't promise anything though, I have shitty HDDs and recording pretty much cuts my framerate in half
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

20. Post #8100
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    If you leave a round before it ends do you lose all your progress? Like if you level up your assault kit and leave, will the level up stick or get dropped? If you knife someone and leave, will you still get their dogtags?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #8101
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,308 Posts
    If you leave a round before it ends do you lose all your progress? Like if you level up your assault kit and leave, will the level up stick or get dropped? If you knife someone and leave, will you still get their dogtags?
    I'm pretty sure it saves, and shows on battlelog once the round ends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #8102
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,615 Posts
    I love the AN-94
    It's like a freaking sniper rifle at long range, and holds its own in CQC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #8103
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    Will the Close Quarters expansion be included with the Limited Edition or have to be bought separate?

24. Post #8104
    March 2007
    3,657 Posts
    I love the AN-94
    Try the AS VAL on semi auto, I was tap firing people sniping on TDM, two hit headshot and done (at least for hardcore, but there was such little recoil [as in none] per shot that it shouldn't matter)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #8105
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,610 Posts
    Will the Close Quarters expansion be included with the Limited Edition or have to be bought separate?
    Bought seperate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #8106
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,115 Posts
    I decided to observe one server's live scoreboard before joining it.
    It was a new round, both teams started at 600 tickets and after a while I deduced it wasn't quite balanced match:

Wow.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #8107
    March 2007
    3,657 Posts
    I decided to observe one server's live scoreboard before joining it.
    It was a new round, both teams started at 600 tickets and after a while I deduced it wasn't quite balanced match:

Wow.

Edited:

Lol, kinda like this?

1000 ticket lead to 1...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #8108
    May 2010
    6,719 Posts
    I'm gonna try recording it next time, can't promise anything though, I have shitty HDDs and recording pretty much cuts my framerate in half
    Call it "Smokin' blunt force trauma."

29. Post #8109
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,943 Posts
    Turning v-sync on will if you have one fps under 60 make your fps 30.

So turn it off for 59 fps in open landscapes.
    triple buffering, use it

30. Post #8110
    Blue Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    1,031 Posts
    Got kicked from 3 XBOX servers today. Each time I joined the party to ask why, and it's always some faggoty little 15 year old whiny kid calling me a fat american redneck or something stupid. "for camping a spawn" they say.

More like angry because I killed them. I hate admins, so much. They ruin every game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #8111
    March 2007
    3,657 Posts
    Pretty much

32. Post #8112
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,324 Posts
    I love the AN-94
    You should try the G3. Another long range assault rifle but does more maximum and minimum damage.

Only real drawback is that it feels less controllable than the others.

33. Post #8113
    March 2007
    3,657 Posts
    You should try the G3. Another long range assault rifle but does more maximum and minimum damage.

Only real drawback is that it feels less controllable than the others.
    Semi auto is your friend.

34. Post #8114
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,341 Posts

They should probably fix this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #8115
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts

this is stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #8116
    March 2007
    3,657 Posts

this is stupid.
    Also laggy as tits.

PSA to all server owners
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #8117
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,426 Posts
    Quick question, since the AN-94 with an underslung rail is bugged and the m26 doesn't actually attach to the gun, does that damage exploit work? Or is having an underslung rail just a waste of a slot at the moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #8118
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    so no autobalance and people complain about the ridiculously one sided games

autobalance and people complain to turn it the fuck off so they can play it with their friends

I get it's annoying but fucking hell, there's no "perfect solution", it'd be good if it didn't kick people that were in squads but then you'd just have all the "good" players joining squads so they don't get swapped over, it defeats the point..

what they should do is take into account parties
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #8119
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,426 Posts
    so no autobalance and people complain about the ridiculously one sided games

autobalance and people complain to turn it the fuck off so they can play it with their friends

I get it's annoying but fucking hell, there's no "perfect solution", it'd be good if it didn't kick people that were in squads but then you'd just have all the "good" players joining squads so they don't get swapped over, it defeats the point..

what they should do is take into account parties
    People complain that the autobalance decides to balance the most valuable, and ALIVE players on the team. They don't choose someone in the middle of the scoreboard who is dead and waiting to respawn, they usually take someone who's at the top of the scoreboard and is alive and running around shooting people. That's a fucking horrible autobalance system
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #8120
    March 2007
    3,657 Posts
    People complain that the autobalance decides to balance the most valuable, and ALIVE players on the team. They don't choose someone in the middle of the scoreboard who is dead and waiting to respawn, they usually take someone who's at the top of the scoreboard and is alive and running around shooting people. That's a fucking horrible autobalance system
    It did all of what you said that and the other team was just down one god damn player.
    It was 16v15 oh fuckin shit guys, better auto balance the best player who was working to make the attacking side on fuckin damavand peak rush win, which is one of the worst rush maps ever for attacking side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)