1. Post #9081
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    zh1nt0 posted it a week ago to the battlelog news section, so it cant be too inaccurate.
    Yeah well it is. Video was made right before major patch changed everything about how ECM and flares work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #9082
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,350 Posts
    I was surprised to see Battlelog, the official community of a AAA game, using Gravatar.

The only websites I've seen that use it are small communities that no one's heard of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #9083
    February 2010
    5,575 Posts
    I'm going to be getting Battlefield 3 on Friday, so hopefully this whole M26 dart/mass bug is fixed.

I don't really trust my knowledge completely when it comes to me guessing how well I can run something, so feel free to tell me how I can run this.

Specs:
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 GHz
    6GB RAM

Sometime soon I should be able to afford a new processor as I'm aware my current one is bottlenecking everything. Thanks for any input I recieve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #9084
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,365 Posts
    I'm going to be getting Battlefield 3 on Friday, so hopefully this whole M26 dart/mass bug is fixed.
    I'm putting my money on the fact that they'll probably release it in the next big patch (which is probably during the next DLC release). Wouldn't get your hopes up if i were you.
    On the bright side, there are plenty of servers that autokick for M26 kills if you really want to avoid it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #9085
    February 2010
    5,575 Posts
    I'm putting my money on the fact that they'll probably release it in the next big patch (which is probably during the next DLC release). Wouldn't get your hopes up if i were you.
    On the bright side, there are plenty of servers that autokick for M26 kills if you really want to avoid it.
    Ah I see, well I'll keep an eye out for those servers, cheers.

6. Post #9086
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    Don't worry, the M26 problem seems to be blown way out of proportion on PC servers. Any decent admins (and even shit admins) just kick and ban anyone using it - I almost never see anyone use it now, and if I do, it's for about a minute before they're kicked. On consoles it's obviously a huge problem since they can't do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #9087
    March 2007
    3,673 Posts

This kinda thing only happens in BF3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #9088
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    How long has the origin ID changing service not been working? Just got BF3 and I thought I'd change mine rather than tie BF3 to a new account with a different name but then I found out that it's "broken"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events

9. Post #9089
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,443 Posts

Bro you gotta lead your targets more. Pretty sure you could have done a lot more to that heli if you were (it's quite easy to hit jets if you lead them enough too, but you don't get much time).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #9090
    March 2007
    3,673 Posts
    Bro you gotta lead your targets more. Pretty sure you could have done a lot more to that heli if you were (it's quite easy to hit jets if you lead them enough too, but you don't get much time).
    I didn't figure I would need to lead that much at such a short, short range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #9091
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,443 Posts
    I didn't figure I would need to lead that much at such a short, short range.
    HMG bullets are really fucking annoying for leading. It takes a few shots to work out how much to lead by normally. That isn't incredibly short range for that gun really.

The bullet physics are far too over exaggerated for those weapons I think. It shouldn't be that slow and drop that much surely.

12. Post #9092
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    7,059 Posts
    I bought a 16 slot server, it's running rush at the moment, but i'll probably change it to a more varied map list in a few days

Here's the server if anyone's interested.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...r-Server-This/

There are no stupid rules, or in fact any rules at the moment. Probably going to try get some anti spawn rape plugin if there is one, otherwise i'll try make my own.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

13. Post #9093
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,603 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

14. Post #9094
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,569 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #9095
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    5,164 Posts
    I bought a 16 slot server, it's running rush at the moment, but i'll probably change it to a more varied map list in a few days

Here's the server if anyone's interested.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...r-Server-This/

There are no stupid rules, or in fact any rules at the moment. Probably going to try get some anti spawn rape plugin if there is one, otherwise i'll try make my own.

Favorited. Gonna get more people to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

16. Post #9096
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,229 Posts
    Why would you not have the Co-Op weapons? They take 30 minutes to get maximum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #9097
    July 2010
    3,789 Posts

Colonel rank 71? Holy poop, I wish I had that much spare time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #9098
    March 2007
    3,673 Posts
    Colonel rank 71? Holy poop, I wish I had that much spare time.
    When you don't play anything other than BF3, you have that free time.
    Also, I go for the objectives and play my class correctly, so points rack up quickly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #9099
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,537 Posts
    What's the point flying attack helicopters when jet pilots can just take it out with a single run from their gatling gun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #9100
    July 2010
    3,789 Posts
    When you don't play anything other than BF3, you have that free time.
    Also, I go for the objectives and play my class correctly, so points rack up quickly.
    That's true. I'm playing way too many different games nowadays. Tribes: Ascend, off and on with BF3, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3, and more recently Prototype 2, and Sniper Elite v2. Someone help me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #9101
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,474 Posts
    What's the point flying attack helicopters when jet pilots can just take it out with a single run from their gatling gun?
    There so many different factors that affects how well you do in a chopper, or any other role for that matter.

Such as: Friendly AA activity, co-pilot competancy, and the enemy pilot's skill.

Things I could suggest to that YOU could do directly to effect your survivability against jets are: Use buildings for cover, use more evasive maneuvers (dont be a sitting duck!), or give them a friendly "Fuck you!" with heatseakers.

22. Post #9102
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,638 Posts
    Anyone want a cheap copy of BF3 with Strike at Karkand? I'm selling my Origin account for $20.

PM me!

23. Post #9103
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,006 Posts
    What makes it so much more sad is the fact that out of all of his kills, only 0.04% of them are vehicular and around 11% of all his weapon kills are weapons other than the M16 and F2000.

Wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #9104
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,474 Posts
    It bugs me when people dont edit their dog tags

Its so vanilla
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #9105
    April 2011
    5,164 Posts
    Top weapons - M16, M320, Famas, G18...
    Assault only, already colonel 100 star.
    I'm not even ashamed. Just feel very sad for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #9106
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,839 Posts

Hahaha rank 5 tank Driver

you wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten JAVELIN'd or IGLA'd or GUIDED MISSILE'd by 5-20 ranked newbies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #9107
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,365 Posts
    How long has the origin ID changing service not been working? Just got BF3 and I thought I'd change mine rather than tie BF3 to a new account with a different name but then I found out that it's "broken"
    It worked fine for me a few weeks back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #9108
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    Servers with aggressive autobalance really need to tone it down a bit.

Killed a recon ehre the other day, I was RU he was US. Suddenly a rez icon popped up over his dead body. I pondered a bout a bit, then pulled out my defibs and revved him.

Turns out he kept the US sniper skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

29. Post #9109
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    Right now, I'm rolling with the M16 or M4 with heavy barrels and 3.4x PKA scope... and I can't seem to think of a reason to change.

Are there any weapon combinations that might work better, for those who enjoy mid-range attack with engineer and assault?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #9110
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,952 Posts
    The L85 is pretty much the perfect gun for mid-long range firefights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #9111
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    The L85 is pretty much the perfect gun for mid-long range firefights.
    I only play CQ Large / Assault... I don't think I could stomach that many rounds of Deathmatch, let alone winning any. L85 is out of the question.

32. Post #9112
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,952 Posts
    Trust me, it's worth it, even if the five rounds of SQDM are about as fun as being lobotomized with a rusty nail. The L85 is by far my favourite assault rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

33. Post #9113
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    Trust me, it's worth it, even if the five rounds of SQDM are about as fun as being lobotomized with a rusty nail. The L85 is by far my favourite assault rifle.
    SQDM is as rubbish as I remember it to be. This better be worth it...

Edit:

Yup, no gun is worth that much crap. Back to capping points and being useful.

34. Post #9114
    April 2011
    5,164 Posts
    Right now, I'm rolling with the M16 or M4 with heavy barrels and 3.4x PKA scope... and I can't seem to think of a reason to change.

Are there any weapon combinations that might work better, for those who enjoy mid-range attack with engineer and assault?
    AK-74M, F2000, G3A3 - assault
    SG553, SCAR-H, G53 - engineer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

35. Post #9115
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    7,059 Posts
    SQDM is as rubbish as I remember it to be. This better be worth it...

Edit:

Yup, no gun is worth that much crap. Back to capping points and being useful.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...Fast-Squad-DM/

Made my server have (very) short SQDM rounds temporarily, so you and others can get rid of that assignment forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #9116
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Top weapons - M16, M320, Famas, G18...
    Assault only, already colonel 100 star.
    I'm not even ashamed. Just feel very sad for him.
    His tags are blank aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #9117
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,443 Posts
    AK-74M, F2000, G3A3 - assault
    SG553, SCAR-H, G53 - engineer
    Gotta say, for some reason the SG553 is a really nice Engineer weapon to use I've found. Easy to control, quite accurate, quite a punch. Auto, Burst and Semi fire modes. The lower fire rate compared to some weapons is totally negligible.

At least I think I'm thinking of the right weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #9118
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I was surprised to see Battlelog, the official community of a AAA game, using Gravatar.

The only websites I've seen that use it are small communities that no one's heard of.
    Many large website use it. Github for example: https://github.com

39. Post #9119
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,603 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #9120
    April 2011
    5,164 Posts
    Meanwhile in Twitter

[stupidjoke]They have really crappy eyesight, if it took them so much time to look into it.[/stupidjoke]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)