1. Post #1561
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,599 Posts
    Around thirty to thirty-five people are on Gibbed right now and SS13's the smoothest it's ever been for me, almost as if there was an update that fixed the choppiness completely. I tried to play tonight after having been banned for a week for gibbing an assistant who acting like a cock in the bar, and it's just simply pleasant. In OOC I saw someone complaining about lag, so maybe the tides shifted, who knows.

My first round back and I'm a vampire engineer, out to get 320 units of blood in my gullet and a Roboticist dead. I decided to hack into Robotics from the back using the maintenance tunnel while cutting cameras, as he seemed to be braindead. However, I was forced to commit honorable suicide once my fiendish plans were discovered. Normally I don't play these kind of roles, so being an assassin is kind of a difficult venture for me, especially the part where you have to remove the headset while beating your target to a bloody unrecognizable pulp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1562
    April 2007
    5,107 Posts
    Well, just had an encounter with shitadmin after beating up a dude that simply wouldn't stop and explain why he had all the stolen booze on the station, my booze. After the admin locked me up in prison I tried t explain that having booze stolen and the QM announcing 3 seconds after that he is selling booze is suspicious.

He just refused anything I said and when I trapped his logic down, he called me a noob and gibbed me. Fuck those stupid goonstation servers, the admins are like fucking brick walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1563
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    3,377 Posts
    Gibbed became massively laggy for me in the last week. Seems like I won't be able to find a normal server before SPS comes back.
    There's always D2K5.

Hah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #1564
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,084 Posts
    Well, just had an encounter with shitadmin after beating up a dude that simply wouldn't stop and explain why he had all the stolen booze on the station, my booze. After the admin locked me up in prison I tried t explain that having booze stolen and the QM announcing 3 seconds after that he is selling booze is suspicious.

He just refused anything I said and when I trapped his logic down, he called me a noob and gibbed me. Fuck those stupid goonstation servers, the admins are like fucking brick walls.
    Which admin was it? Some of them are actually pretty cool. Yet, some are total shite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1565
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    >>traitor mime
    >ask RD for hand teleporter, my objective
    >he gives it to me
    >continue round as usual, AFK in the D&D room and such
    >shuttle is called
    >get in a pod
    >6 more people get in the pod, we're all laying down on top of eachother
    >pod launches, I try to space everybody in it
    >one man left
    >open the door to space him, he grabs me
    >got spaced
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

6. Post #1566
    April 2007
    5,107 Posts
    Which admin was it? Some of them are actually pretty cool. Yet, some are total shite.
    Meh, didn't really remember his name. Pretty much left right after that. It was funny though, seeing the station end because a glass room outside the station had been turned into an easy bake oven and people jumped right into it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

7. Post #1567
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Where are you guys usually playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

8. Post #1568
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,084 Posts
    Where are you guys usually playing?
    Gibbed, TG or FPS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1569
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    I mean, at the moment? I'd like to join a server and play with some FPers.

Edited:

I am tired of idiot pubbies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1570
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    >/tg/13
    >traitor captain
    >need to get hand tele and leave on the shuttle
    >areyoukiddingme.jpg
    >leave for captaining duties
    >give emag to clown outside of AI's sight
    >chill out with security
    >plasma released in fitness while i'm there
    >security suspect me for being traitor, they make HoP the acting captain
    >BURN THE HERETIC
    >nope.avi
    >rush to quarters with engineer and professor shitson the clown
    >AI opens the doors to my cabin
    >HoS, warden and 2 officers enter
    >short frantic firefight
    >stuncuffed
    >stripped and interrogated by HoS
    >they've got nothing on me
    >i'm a free man
    >ion storm
    >law 0: not swearing is harmful to humans
    >AI gets tourettes
    >i decide that it's for the best that everyone has tourettes
    >clown arrested for carrying emag
    >laugh
    >singularity is loose
    >shuttle call
    >realize hand tele is gone
    >WHERE IS MY GODDAMN HAND TELE
    >frantically try to open door to teleporter
    >internet goes down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1571
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    /TG/ is a tumultuous server. 99% of the time as RD, I have literally nothing to do so I go to Security and visit people there, everyone is cool with it and even play with Lamarr while I'm there.

Then I go into the bar with Lamarr on my face and the bartender shoots me twice, disposals it and tells me to get out. Ended up breaking in the back way, stabbing his eyes out until the AI locked me in the storage room and drank all the beer until I passed out and died from alcohol poisoning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #1572
    June 2010
    2,253 Posts
    You always have something to do as the RD, even if it's just shoving things into the machine until you get the highest research without miners and then crying at the miner's tongueless corpses. Bomb making is easy, although you'll likely never get to use them, and metroid magic is hilarious since it can spawn all kinds of shit like roburgers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1573
    April 2007
    5,107 Posts
    Wow, longest round and best round I've ever had on gibbed 3. Changeling came in through the outer windows and ripped my geneticist ass apart, he went into a secret room to feast on bodies. Traitor comes in the same room, they both scared shitless and fire stuns AT THE SAME TIME causing a standoff. They talked a bit and decided to MUFFUKKIN TEAM UP and the station with it's 50 players was ALL THEIRS FROM THERE ON

A 15X15 bomb blew a hole into the station, changeling became shambling horror, even saved the traitors ass a few times. Traitor would go out and find bodies for it, they were best bros. The round lasted so long that the admins themselves came in at the very end. Change was unkillable at this point and they threw everything they had at it, including a macho wrestling man and an unstoppable admin bus that ripped holes through walls.

It still escaped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

14. Post #1574
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    They even deployed the feared adminbus?
    Shit, I've seen that thing once, maybe twice. That's some hardcore admin-class warfare right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

15. Post #1575
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    You always have something to do as the RD, even if it's just shoving things into the machine until you get the highest research without miners and then crying at the miner's tongueless corpses. Bomb making is easy, although you'll likely never get to use them, and metroid magic is hilarious since it can spawn all kinds of shit like roburgers.
    Yeah, making bombs is really fun. Not even hard when you figure out how to do it, plus the explosions are always huge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

16. Post #1576
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I was Stitches the pirate and had a ragtag crew of assistants and shit.
    then I went into space with internals, due to my pirate outfit being from admins (which means it also doubled as a space suit) and got stuck in a loop, so I suicided.

oh and I had an energy cutlass but I only used it to threaten the bartender for more rum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #1577
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,847 Posts
    I haven't played in quite a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #1578
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,556 Posts

Oh, was that you I helped? I was the engineer who knocked that guy unconscious several times with a crowbar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #1579
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,615 Posts
    Oh god yes, /tg/ has BS12 dismemberment now!
    I just watched two guys play soccer/football with a random guy's head!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

20. Post #1580
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Oh god yes, /tg/ has BS12 dismemberment now!
    I just watched two guys play soccer/football with a random guy's head!
    I remember I once sawed off a guy's head and went around smacking people with it. Does around as much damage as a toolbox (not /tg/).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #1581
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    i miss beepsky

i would always choose private detective and beepsky was my hardboiled contact in the force.

we fought crime.

Edited:

i also may or may not have figured out how to make beepsky go apeshit crazy and zap everyone within crimefighting distance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

22. Post #1582
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Build a Security console in maintenance, deconstruct all the others and set everyone to arrest from the one you made :allears:.

Edited:

That or make everyone criminals from the console in the Bridge and hide in the lockers, then pop out and shoot whoever shows up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #1583
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    alternatively, use your private investigator's unrestricted access to security records to:

-legally change everyone's official names to "dipfuck," invalidating their spawn ID cards
    -Place arrest warrants out on people you don't like (clowns, particularly. Always the clowns.)
    -Delete everyone's records from the database to send everything Beepsky into an absolute shitfit.

Edited:

i fabricated so much evidence, you guys

it was amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

24. Post #1584
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Made this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

25. Post #1585
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    alternatively, use your private investigator's unrestricted access to security records to:

-legally change everyone's official names to "dipfuck," invalidating their spawn ID cards
    -Place arrest warrants out on people you don't like (clowns, particularly. Always the clowns.)
    -Delete everyone's records from the database to send everything Beepsky into an absolute shitfit.

Edited:

i fabricated so much evidence, you guys

it was amazing
    do you play on /tg/
    whats your IC name and your key I want to be friends with you
    I am Punch Rockgroin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #1586
    April 2007
    5,107 Posts
    Oh, was that you I helped? I was the engineer who knocked that guy unconscious several times with a crowbar.
    Late, but yeah, that was you. Looking at it afterwards it was silly of me to suspect the QM for having gained my stolen booze and trying to sell it, but the admin that questioned me was so asswards retarded it actually made me dumber
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

27. Post #1587
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    do you play on /tg/
    whats your IC name and your key I want to be friends with you
    I am Punch Rockgroin
    i am dick vandersleuth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #1588
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,973 Posts
    Made this.
    Lies you dirty stinking traitor, i have evidence against your claims.
    It was made in 2010.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1589
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,631 Posts
    Here's a water system I'm coding for a new project of mine, Europa Laboratory 65.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

30. Post #1590
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    Here's a water system I'm coding for a new project of mine, Europa Laboratory 65.
    Wow that looks fantastic!
    Great job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #1591
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    How do you make bombs? I need to know for scientific purposes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

32. Post #1592
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,615 Posts
    I can see how quickly that would lag, but great work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1593
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,631 Posts
    I can see how quickly that would lag, but great work!
    It's actually quite optimized.
    Due to how small the submarine is and how there are flood doors that stop water from spreading further, it won't lag very bad, however explosions that let water in might probably lag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #1594
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts
    New system for the darkness event

In the beginning of the track you hear the famous insanity screeching that you hear in Amnesia
    If you hear the scratching alone then there is nothing going on
    But when you hear the extended track (What you hear above) the event will start

Kinda like the Alarm system we had before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

35. Post #1595
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    How do you make bombs? I need to know for scientific purposes.
    - Be the RD

- Go to Gas Storage

- Take 2 02 tanks and 2 Plasma tanks, drag them to the Toxins Mixing Room

- Wrench 1 02 tank to one of the 3 Connector Ports, do the same for the 2 Plasma tanks, put the 02 tank that you didn't use somewhere that it won't get in your way

- Open the 3 manual valves next to the connector ports (NOT opening the tank via clicking on it and selecting Open, just click the valves on the ground)

- Open your PDA menu, click Atmospheric Scan, click one of the 02 tanks, you should see 33% oxygen and 66% plasma

- Turn off the manual valves, unwrench the 02 tank you scanned, drag it over to the connector port (there are 2 more separate from the 3 ones that you just used), wrench it on the port closest to you

- Get the air pump from the other side of the room, click it, set it to the Out setting on maximum pressure (click the furthermost + button on the menu to max it out instantly), drag it over the the connector port next to your tank and wrench it on.

- Open the manual valve for your plasma tank, wait until the room behind the 2 airlocks gets filled with plasma, then click the Ignition Switch to set it on fire. Note that the room has to be filled with fully-burning gas, as in you can't see the floor through the flames. You'll have to wait a few minutes before the whole room is like this. When it's ready, turn on the manual valve for your air pump.

- You have to wait for the air pump to reach 97000 degrees, which also takes a few minutes. Use this time to take 5 small plasma containers and 5 small 02 tanks out of the dispenser machine near your air pump. Put the 02 tanks in the 02 canister that you didn't use, set the pressure of the canister to 1013 by clicking on the furthermost +, then click Open on the menu. When the Tank Pressure goes to 1013, click Close, take out the 02 tank and switch in the other one. Do this procedure for all the 02 tanks, then set the pressure in the 02 canister to 350 and fill up the plasma containers the same way (don't wait for the containers to get to 1013, just to 350).

- After doing all that, scan the air pump to see if it's at the required temperature (97000 degrees). If it's not, just wait around a while. When it reaches that temperature, stick in the plasma container, click the air pump and click On from the menu. Keep scanning the air pump until the tank pressure is 3000 kPa (you have to be VERY quick when you turn it off at this point, if it's more than 10 kPa higher than that, blazing hot plasma will suddenly leak out of the tank. It will only scorch a single tile, but you'll probably get burned pretty bad and have to wait around another minute for the plasma container to fill up again).

- When you take out a plasma container, go to the table full of random crap, take a Tank Transfer Valve off of it, then pick up one of the 02 tanks and attach it to it. Then, pick it up again and attach a plasma container to it, followed by completing your assembly by adding a timer, proximity sensor or signaller. When you have a bunch of timed/motion-detecting/remote-triggered bombs, go through the green doors on the far side of the room until you're in a small room with a mass driver on the side. Arm the timed bomb, throw it in the slot and eject it, then look through the silver window to see the fireworks. Note that proximity sensor bombs will do nothing unless you specifically shoot something else out (a pen or helmet or something) to fly up near it and trigger it.

A NOTE ON SIGNALLER BOMBS

To make signaller bombs, you have to take a Remote Signaller, screwdriver it, then attach it to a bomb with no other attachment. Then, pick up a second Remote Signaller and trigger it. Just saying because I had no idea how to do it initially and nowhere is it explained.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS CUBAN PETE GUIDE!

-Be the Captain (not necessary but helps a lot to have all the required access by default)

- Make 4 signaller bombs and 1 proximity sensor bomb

-Put your hand tele in your backpack and sync up the Teleporter to the Courtroom or somewhere.

- Put all the signaller bombs in separate lockers. Move one of them to the Brig, one of them to Engineering, one of them to Medbay and one of them to EVA. Put the proximity bomb under a table in the Escape Hallway (put the bomb on the ground and click the table parts in your hand). Then, while planting the EVA bomb, grab a space suit and jetpack and tell the AI you're going exploring. Shoot yourself out the chapel mass driver (making sure your jetpack is on or you'll get gibbed). Keep going in a straight line until you hit the side of Centcom. Go around the side, push off past the Syndicate shuttle and keep going until you see the Telecommunications Satellite solars. Go around the side of it until you reach the airlocks or doors.

- Go in, turn off the turret controls and go through the left side until you reach the doors with the Toxins symbol on it. Go through into the room filled with circuitry, drop the bomb directly on the middle of the floor. Use your hand tele to go back to the station, strip off your suit, go to the Kitchen and order a burger. Speak into the radio: "YES SIR, I'M CUBAN PETE, I'M THE KING OF THE RHUMBA BEAT, WHEN I PLAY THE MARACAS I GO CHIC-CHICKY-BOOM, CHIC-CHICKY-BOOM".

Detonate the bombs.

- Witness the carnage as 4 11x11 bombs are simultaneously detonated. The Brig will be destroyed, killing most of Security. EVA will be vaporized, allowing no suits with to repair the damage. Engineering will be blasted, getting rid of the remaining RIG suits, causing power to fail and the singularity to escape and start devouring the station. The screams of the station will not be heard; the Telecommunications Satellite, which handles radio transmissions, is now permanently knocked out of commission. The shuttle will be called, crowds will run to escape, directly into your armed bomb. At least 6 people will be gibbed instantly, many more killed by the blast. The remaining few will be stranded with no suits and precious little oxygen, becoming singularity fodder. The definition of IC in OOC will be demonstrated. And the whole time, the man responsible is sitting at a table.

Eating a god damn cheeseburger.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 11Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #1596
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,631 Posts
    I've been working on a nuclear reactor for EL65 (It's a submarine so why not), I'm almost done with the control rod machines (Sprited by Hempuli)!

Basic stuff, you can use plutonium, uranium and plasma as fuel, and eventually be able to adjust the machines and swap fuel types to make a (hopefully safe) power output.

Question: How should radioactive waste be disposed of underwater?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #1597
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    I still like how the concept of a nuclear engine and fuel rods and all that was directly lifted from Apollo Station 17

Although honestly Apollo Station is literally horrendous so I could not give less of a fuck.

Hah what are all these dumbs, 90% of them are from people who I have never heard of and don't even go in this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,631 Posts
    I still like how the concept of a nuclear engine and fuel rods and all that was directly lifted from Apollo Station 17

Although honestly Apollo Station is literally horrendous so I could not give less of a fuck.
    Never been there, you know that fuel rods and nuclear engines exist in real life, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1599
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Yep, just that original discussion of a nuclear engine was done around December 2011/early January 2012. I remember posting in the thread (gone now, switched to new forums apparently).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

40. Post #1600
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,653 Posts

So Centration is going along juuuuust fine
    Can't wait to creep on people using the crawlspace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)