1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,327 Posts
    Number 9

Lumber Mine

Lumber Mine = Cutting Down Trees

THE BEATLES SUPPORT MASS GLOBAL DEFORESTATION
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Take a look at my sweet white album shirt.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,327 Posts
    That's pretty cool but I prefer this shirt I made myself.

It's a white t-shirt with the names of all of my favorite Beatles songs printed on it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

4. Post #84
    October 2009
    5,011 Posts
    Take a look at my sweet white album shirt.

Sell it online and make a living

5. Post #85
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,771 Posts
    Uh, anybody get tickets for Paul live at The Royal Albert Hall?

I woke up for them as they said they would be 25. And I'm poor but could afford to buy two tickets atleast.

Then Ticketmaster said "Oh, that'll be 77 please"
    No fuck off.

Everywhere else was asking for 40/50 odd. Right pain in the arse. I hope he does another tour. Does Paul tour often?

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    I think they'd sell out quick in London.

7. Post #87
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Found this in the lmao thread and I found it funny so I thought I might share.

Would enjoy that game though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    what am I supposed to be reading?

Edited:

the only thing that's funny is the yoko ono is a witch comment

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    If I was any decent at anything to do with computers other than playing vidja games I would totally work on that mod.

10. Post #90
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    what am I supposed to be reading?
    Do you know left for dead? It's a 4 player co-operative zombie shooter where you are 4 guys whose goal is to survive the zombie apocalypse. That image is just if the made the third game and that it should be like the comments, although yes they are quite off some of them.

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    Do you know left for dead? It's a 4 player co-operative zombie shooter where you are 4 guys whose goal is to survive the zombie apocalypse. That image is just if the made the third game and that it should be like the comments, although yes they are quite off some of them.
    Yeah it's just 4chan is terrible, is what I was getting at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Oh my bad, well the George Harrison image is name LaughingRingo.jpg so yeah 4chan is pretty bad.

13. Post #93
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    that's the joke, though. obviously that's George. Some channers will just put silly shit like that to appear "blatantly oblivious" for shits and giggles. I've seen it with a picture of the Beatles and it says the Rolling Stones, vice versa, etc.

The only thing fucking dumb was John saying the blisters line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Happy birthday, George.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #95
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Hey did the beatles use any live recorded song from the rooftop into the actual album?
    Because someone I know are stating that they did but in the anthology they said that they used indoor studio recorded songs for the album.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    Get Back was definitely live I reckon.

Edited:

okay nevermind it was only snippets of the live.

17. Post #97
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    I know that in the end of get back they have John saying "I'd like to thank the *something*, I hope we passed the audition" but to me it sounds edited in, you could be right however.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    It was poorly recorded. But what I want to know is why the recording equipment was so poor at that stage of their career.

Yes, Let It Be Naked sounds brilliant but that's all thanks to updated technology.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,327 Posts
    So I didn't think I've listened to the Beatles much in a long long time and then I saw this.

I guess I have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,455 Posts
    Hey did the beatles use any live recorded song from the rooftop into the actual album?
    Because someone I know are stating that they did but in the anthology they said that they used indoor studio recorded songs for the album.
    One After 909 was the live version from the rooftop

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,432 Posts
    Plastic Ono Band is the best Beatles album ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    Plastic Ono Band is the best Beatles album ever!
    which, yoko or john?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,432 Posts
    which, yoko or john?
    John, silly!

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    John, silly!

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,327 Posts
    NUJV is a good album.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    listening to both Plastic Ono Band albums. Mad insane Yoko then the soothing John album. Both fantastic.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,432 Posts
    listening to both Plastic Ono Band albums. Mad insane Yoko then the soothing John album. Both fantastic.
    They are both great, but Mother is one the fucking best vocals ever recorded! The screaming vocals at the end says more than any lyric ever could.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    The entire album is powerful.

God, Mother, I Found Out, Hold On.. and the dylan-esque Working Class Hero.
    All classic.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,327 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    October 2009
    5,011 Posts
    The entire album is powerful.

God, Mother, I Found Out, Hold On.. and the dylan-esque Working Class Hero.
    All classic.
    Oh my god, Working Class Hero is amazing. Probably my favourite Lennon song(Very hard to choose one)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    So my Kisses on the Bottom lp arrived today, it's quite exiting because I've never owned a mint vinyl before.
    Although I noticed that the records had gone through the inner sleeve and had damaged the plastics, here, an image to better explain it.

So yeah, both records went through the inner sleeve and the plastic cover but I don't really mind, the inner sleeve is quite sturdy so I think it won't break that soon.

Also, image of the front cover.

Sorry for bad image quality but I don't own another camera than my phone.

Wow the images were huge so I thumbed them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    Cool. I'll have to give that a hear some time.

33. Post #113
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Listening to it right now, it is very soothing and theres an interview on one of the inner sleeves to where he came up with the idea of the album.
    It's a really post war kind of music when people were recovering from the second world war and wanted music that got everyone in a cheerful mood.

If you haven't listen to Bye Bye Blackbird, it's nice.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,146 Posts
    I've decided to see how many Beatles albums I can listen to in a row...
    I've listened to five (Abbey Road, Let it Be, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour and Revolver!) Now listening to Rubber Soul. :D

Best decision ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    I really can't help but think of this video every time I see a video with Ringo performing live.

36. Post #116
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    I felt bad for not listening to any of George for his birthday, so I'm planning on listening to the Concert for George in honor of him. I think I'm doing a Harrison marathon...Really need to explore all of Georgie's material besides Living In The Material World and All Things Must Pass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    I felt bad for not listening to any of George for his birthday, so I'm planning on listening to the Concert for George in honor of him. I think I'm doing a Harrison marathon...Really need to explore all of Georgie's material besides Living In The Material World and All Things Must Pass.
    Every day is a Harrison marathon for me. I listen to his stuff almost too much. Brainwashed is a great album and is a real throwback to his 70s works. And his self titled album is great if you like softer types of music. The Concert for Bangladesh album is absolutely incredible as well, easily my favourite live album ever AND it has the best rendition of Awaiting On You All (you can actually hear it ). And of course the Travelling Wilburys, if you haven't listened to their two albums just go ahead and get them right now because they're great.

It's good that you have listened to Living In The Material World and All Things Must Pass though; if I was stuck on an island with only two albums to take with me I would pick those two easily.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,548 Posts
    Every day is a Harrison marathon for me. I listen to his stuff almost too much. Brainwashed is a great album and is a real throwback to his 70s works. And his self titled album is great if you like softer types of music. The Concert for Bangladesh album is absolutely incredible as well, easily my favourite live album ever AND it has the best rendition of Awaiting On You All (you can actually hear it ). And of course the Travelling Wilburys, if you haven't listened to their two albums just go ahead and get them right now because they're great.

It's good that you have listened to Living In The Material World and All Things Must Pass though; if I was stuck on an island with only two albums to take with me I would pick those two easily.
    Fkpus, you're never here.

I was going to recommend some music by Warren Zevon. He's awesome.

39. Post #119
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    I make posts on facepunch in phases. I'll go months without making one post, then I'll post a decent amount the other month. This is my favourite continuous thread though, high-fives for all.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,051 Posts
    I'd just like to say that I really like the packaging for the albums on CD currently , like all cardboard but smooth and awesome. I like the album art and the way it folds out. The designs for these are awesome and they remind of how the Vinyl albums came in the cardboard pockets. That and their music is amazing.

My friend and I are currently collecting all the albums, and even though its more expensive to buy them all individually its completely worth the awesome feeling of bringing it home and then sharing it with your friends.