1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts
    Ronnie Wood, Roger Daltry and Paul Weller came on stage for Get Back. So today I've seen a member of The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and The Jam. All in one day. Shit.
    That's intense bro.

Edited:

where's the pictures/videos?

2. Post #162
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Jealousy meter, 10/10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #163
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    I had a video camera, but I have horrid shakey hands, didn't help I was excited, and was miles away at the top of the Albert Hall. I got a bit of Magical Mystery Tour as the other recordings failed for some reason. And I got a bit of the end. But some bitch came along and told me if I kept filming I'd be removed.

But somebody else uploaded the Get Back jam.

Some woman we were in line with was AWESOME. She was a fan back in the 60's and would camp over night to get front row seats at the tours. She said the shows were impossible to hear back then with all the screaming. She doesn't remember them too well as it was such strong adrenaline.
    She was also at the airports, hotels and everything. She said Beatles fans used to travel together based on who is fans of who. So fans travelled in groups of 4 with a Paul Fan, George Fan, John Fan, Ringo Fan. All these groups would write fan-slash-fiction and travel together no matter what. It sounds so awesome. On the day The Beatles went to get MBEs all the fans went to the palace in hopes of getting a glimpse of The Beatles. But her and her group of friends thought that would be pointless and on a whim went to George's house (or hotel, not sure). Out of the house came George, Ringo and Paul who posed for a picture and signed autographs for that group. She said it was the best thing she ever did. She's got George and Pauls autograph and a picture of The Beatles nobody else has. She can't sell it though as without the negative she can't prove it's the only one. She's going to send it to me by email :D

Also she talked to me a bit about how important The Beatles were. She said Sgt Pepper was a huge game changer because it became obvious they were on something. It's round then drugs started popping up all over the place. Golden sunshine and other weird names she listed. She said originally people in London dismissed The Beatles as a 'scouse thing' but when they actually heard them it went crazy with camping out, rock and roll culture, and mini skirts. She says it was the best decade of her life and she has little regrets in her whole life.

I was the first to stage door directly after the show. I had a 3D picture of Abbey Road that I had just bought and thought I might get it signed. But Paul went to Liam Gallaghers after party and I had a tube to catch. Oh well.

Great night, want to do it again but in a better seat.

Edited:

Also Rusty and Brian Ray (Pauls guitarist) have great solo work and are nice guys on Twitter.

Edited:

Something, Back in the USSR, Yesterday, Get Back, Hey Jude and Abbey Road Medley were easily the best bits. Mental.

Let me Roll it was fun too.

EVERYBODY GO SEE PAUL WHEN YOU CAN

4. Post #164
    July 2009
    4,281 Posts
    All of Paul's band is awesome. Abe (the drummer) is hilarious, I love him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    He was dancing during Dance Tonight, it was great.

When Paul eventually hits his expiry date, I want that band to start writing and touring together. They could be something fucking awesome.

6. Post #166
    July 2009
    4,281 Posts
    Abe's actually played in a lot of different bands and with a lot of different people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Lab...r._discography

He's also in one of Steve Vai's music videos.

7. Post #167
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    i really hope he does another us tour
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    Wow that's depressing as shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts

11. Post #171
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Kisses On The Bottom sounds like it was an album written for Bing Crosby to sing. I rather like it, I haven't listened to smooth jazzish music in quite a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    oh god i only saw the link to a news article with "disease" in it in this thread
    I assumed it was about paul or ringo and nearly had a heart attack

13. Post #173
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    Those guys are pretty healthy and active. Paul didn't stop or drink water once during his tour so far. He's nuts.
    They'll be around another 20 years each atleast.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Kisses On The Bottom sounds like it was an album written for Bing Crosby to sing. I rather like it, I haven't listened to smooth jazzish music in quite a while.

15. Post #175
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    Better than Pauls version. I really don't like Kisses on the Bottom.

Edited:

I mean, Bing's version is fun. Pauls versions are so fucking dull. I imagine Bing singing with a smile. I imagine Paul singing sadly. It needs an adrenaline shot to the arm.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts
    Better than Pauls version. I really don't like Kisses on the Bottom.
    how come, it's meant to be a really slow vocal jazz pop album, you can't listen to it with an "Abbey Road" mind. I haven't heard it yet, but I hear the collabs are good on it.

17. Post #177
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    Jesus, imagine John was still here. This is exactly what he meant when he said Paul does "Silly love songs" and "granny music".

It's like the song Silly Love Songs and this album are him being ironic.

Edited:

Haha, I look really ranty when people break my comment mid flow ha. The songs on this album, in my experience, better live. My Valentine was amazing live. But overall Memory Almost Full was much better.

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts
    Yeah John hated Paul's music.

But who cares, Paul is great and creative. I dunno even in the last 15 years he's put out good stuff.

This new one might be a bit of a step away, haven't heard it yet. Oh well he's releasing a new one at the end of this year.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I think the reason that Kisses on the Bottom seems sad and dull is that it's meant to be an easy listening album. I find it to be a really relaxing album to listen to.

Edited:

I don't find it sad or dull but that might be because I'm me.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts
    I wouldn't call jazz pop dull at all. But for Paul, it's pretty out there.

Kind of like his 80s stuff.

21. Post #181
    July 2009
    4,281 Posts
    Sir Peter Blake redid Sgt. Pepper's for his 80th birthday.

Eric Clapton just chilling up front, don't give a fuck.

what a dick, lol. He didn't put Ringo but he put Paul.

22. Post #182
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    Well it's 'best of british'. And no matter how good he is, Ringo isn't one of the best things from British shores. But to be honest. A lot of these aren't.

Edited:

Such an ugly design. He's clearly lost his touch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    See now the problem with that is that they're not all Ringo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    July 2009
    4,281 Posts
    It doesn't really matter if it's best of the British though. I still find it kind've insulting that they don't put him on there. I dunno, that's just me.

or that they have Noel but not Liam, lol.

25. Post #185
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    Noel is a fucking genius song writer. Liam is a fucking car crash. Honestly I look at him and just get mad. I can't listen to Oasis because of him.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts
    Liam tries way too hard to be like John Lennon. He's just a sod in general, I think his voice is pretty good though but prefer the Noel.

27. Post #187
    July 2009
    4,281 Posts
    ~opinions~

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    It's been so long since I actually posted something about the Beatles so I'll just re-inform you all that Don't Pass Me By is one of the best Beatles songs and I'm not just saying that because Ringo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    Hope Paul does a 70th birthday concert and gets ringo on drums like Ringos birthday.

30. Post #190
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,128 Posts
    So apparently James McCartney, son of Paul, wants to make a band with Sean Lennon, Jason Starkey and Dhani Harrison. I'm all for it
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ation-20120403
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,922 Posts
    So apparently James McCartney, son of Paul, wants to make a band with Sean Lennon, Jason Starkey and Dhani Harrison. I'm all for it
    That would actually be rad.

I know Sean and Dhani are pretty good players.

32. Post #192
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Well I'll be damned. I should have known actually.

33. Post #193
    September 2010
    1,453 Posts
    This could be the start of something beautiful.

34. Post #194
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Yeah John hated Paul's music.

But who cares, Paul is great and creative. I dunno even in the last 15 years he's put out good stuff.

This new one might be a bit of a step away, haven't heard it yet. Oh well he's releasing a new one at the end of this year.
    I could be just pulling stuff out of my ass here but I think I remember reading somewhere that Lennon thought Paul's Here, There and Everywhere was one of the best Beatles songs. I would agree as well.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts

And then they release the same albums with the same songs as the Beatles and then their children do the same and on and on and on for every generation until the end of time so every generation has their own Beatles.

Of course around 2246 the songs may be a bit different since things are bound to get mixed up in 234 years.

The Beatles: Generation 16 and their new hit single "I Wish To Fold Your Hand" from their new album "Whiff of the Beatles."

36. Post #196
    July 2009
    4,281 Posts
    Oh. It's going to be Jason Starkey? I thought they'd get Zak. He's much more accomplished, but oh well. It may be good, it may not be.

one of the people in the comments said this:

"Hi Everyone...well, looks like quite some attention being given to my BBC interview! Honestly, I was just thinking out loud about playing with Beatles family friends, nothing more. My band’s going to be on tour in the UK and US for most of this year, and the shows are going great! I'm so grateful…Lots of love to you all…!"

That's taken from James' facebook page. So it seems his words were, of course, taken out of context.

37. Post #197
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    as long as they don't try to just use their fathers' names and songs to make them popular
    if they come up with their own stuff then it'd be really great

38. Post #198
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    I've seen James and interviews and listened to his music. Nothing like his father. He's hardly a ray of sunshine either, he has the charisma and charm of a sweaty arse. Plus he looks like a ginger Paul with downs.
    The only thing he inherits from his father is his hunger for fame, though Paul had talent and charm to match it. I saw that BBC interview and he seems disappointed he's not big as or bigger than The Beatles. Like that was a possibility or something.

Jullian, Sean and Dhani are great though. And I've heard Zaks drumming and it's great. Not heard any of Jason.
    Wouldn't care for them in a band though. It would be jumping on The Beatles image.

Edited:

I could be just pulling stuff out of my ass here but I think I remember reading somewhere that Lennon thought Paul's Here, There and Everywhere was one of the best Beatles songs. I would agree as well.
    John did like a lot of Pauls stuff as much as he hated MOST of it. He thought he could do a better job on 'Oh, Darling!'. He also really loves the end of 'The End'. And Pauls solo effort 'Coming Up' is what caused John to go back to the studio as he thought it was so good, he needed to compete. I think what made them such a dynamite writing duo is Pauls writing is sensitive and a almost poetic. While Johns is cheeky and harsh. Together they were fucking brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    John singing honey don't

I think it's good they let ringo sing it on beatles for sale, it fits him better than John

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I honestly tried to put only my favorite Beatles songs in a playlist.

I'm bad at this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)