1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    not sure about the words Beatles in the same sentence as underrated but it's nice to hear music. :-)

beep

2. Post #282
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Dark Horse? More like Dark Hoarse, am I right guys? Am I right? Ahaha oh I'm a witty one. I'll see myself out.

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    I will concede that Beatles For Sale is overlooked, but nothing they did was "unnoticed" imo.

Except the Yellow Submarine soundtrack.. which was..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #284
    April 2012
    106 Posts
    Use to listen to a few of their tracks like She loves you and In my life now and then, then a few months back 'Help!' was on the radio and suddenly i've become obsessed. Like one of the few bands I like to just sit there and listen to them for hours on end. The history and meaning behind some of their songs are so interesting too.
    It'd be too difficult to create a top ten list:( but there seems to be a Beatle's song for every mood.
    Not to mention their films too XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    October 2011
    2,362 Posts
    I just watched Help! yesterday. Best movie ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts

Can't stress how good this album is.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/alb...run_devil_run/

Well worth a hear, and probably the best of his later years.

7. Post #287
    April 2012
    106 Posts
    I just watched Help! yesterday. Best movie ever.
    Loved this movie!! I actually started to cry of some kind of emotional joy when they began singing You've got to hide your love away. :'D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,208 Posts
    I just really can't get into the majority of Pauls solo stuff. I wish I could as I love him as a Beatle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    I just really can't get into the majority of Pauls solo stuff. I wish I could as I love him as a Beatle.
    this is probably an irrational hatred for his character and weirdness.

Most people think he made the most catchiest, easiest to listen to music after The Beatles out of all of them.

But in all truth, they are fairly indulgent and kind of give off a visual idea of what he's about. Where as the others merely wanted to express their ideals, skills or just wanted to show a tune they had.

10. Post #290
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Paul's solo work reminds me kind of like indie stuff today. I'm generalizing of course but it's really interesting to see that style translate into the trendy indie styles today.

The great thing about Paul's solo work is that his songs are deceitfully deep, just masked under the sing-songy nature of them.

11. Post #291
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Sir Paul is on the cover of TIME magazine. I saw it at the grocery store today, I was gonna pick it up, and then I saw it was fifteen bucks...

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    26 Hours to Ringo.

adsf

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts

Best night ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,909 Posts
    I almost bought tickets to that but I didn't because it was smack dab in the middle of all of my end-of-high-school stuff like prom and graduation

15. Post #295
    September 2009
    1,725 Posts
    That looks amazing, wish he will play in Europe before he retires.

I also found this image, just wondering if there is anyone who actually thinks this, obviously not in this thread but in general

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    It's to cheer the modern pop crowd up that they're living in times where pop is meant to be the spirit of the times.

It's too bad they're pretty poor.

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,263 Posts
    I think I found out how the beatles broke up, mainly because of this.
    Could someone tell me if most of this stuff is true?

18. Post #298
    October 2011
    2,362 Posts
    All hail king Paul

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    All hail king Paul
    Glorious King Ringo would like a word with you.

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,898 Posts

I also found this image, just wondering if there is anyone who actually thinks this, obviously not in this thread but in general

Does point 10 say One Direction are the ambassadors for Pokemon? Or am I just reading it wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,909 Posts

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Both surviving Beatles are in their 70s now.

In March of 2013 Please Please Me will turn 50.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    October 2009
    5,242 Posts
    They should make a Ringo documentary, he's pretty understood in my opinion as most people just see him as "the drummer".

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    369 Posts
    Best night ever.
    Where was that at? I just saw Ringo in concert on the 3rd of July. I drove all the way from Oklahoma to Alabama just to see him. It was the closest he was coming to me. Totally worth it.

25. Post #305
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,094 Posts
    The unused guitar solo really fits Here Comes the Sun

26. Post #306
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    So one of my dearest family friends passed away, and he was a HUGE Beatles fan. I mean, huge. He listened to the growing up and till the day he died, he was real hardcore.

"Yoko broke the band up!" etc.

Anyways, at his funeral they played In My Life before the pastor read the Gospel and it was so beautiful. I think pretty much everyone in the room was in tears. That song is just so fucking timeless .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    July 2008
    11,208 Posts

Nobody thinks this. I worry if anybody thinks this article is legit.

Edited:

I've seen the actual article. You can really see it there but it goes on to say how good One Direction are for selling out to Nintendo. It's a joke piece.

Edited:

Not sure what Beatles song I want at my funeral. Something great and sad. Like In my Life.

Golden Slumbers.

Edited:

Anybody watched Yellow Submarine on any drugs or anything?

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,034 Posts
    Hope this hasn't been posted before.

Hey Bulldog is my absolute favorite Beatles song, mostly because of the awesome bassline throughout the entire song. Imagine my overwhelming happiness when I came across this:

Paul is seriously one of the best bass players I know.

29. Post #309
    July 2008
    11,208 Posts
    Hey Bulldog is bad ass.

I really dig Lennons voice on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    Have yet to give Mack's Tug of War album a listen. Surprising really, since most folk say it's his best.

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    The Mono version of Rubber Soul in this collection is SUPERB. Finally, I've found the best sounding version of it.. It's not harsh and spread out like the crappy new remasters.

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Where was that at? I just saw Ringo in concert on the 3rd of July. I drove all the way from Oklahoma to Alabama just to see him. It was the closest he was coming to me. Totally worth it.

33. Post #313
    October 2009
    5,242 Posts
    Did anyone watch the opening ceremoni to the Olympic games? Really glad it ended with McCartney. Perfect ending.

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    there must be one Beatle fan who loves Yoko Ono's music.

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I'm sure there's a bunch.

Personally I just can't get past the AAEEOEOUOUIEOIAOEUAEOIUEIOAUIOAEUEEEEEEEE stuff.

36. Post #316
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Did anyone watch the opening ceremoni to the Olympic games? Really glad it ended with McCartney. Perfect ending.
    At the very beginning he sounded like he was kinda choking up or sick or something. It started kinda messy but the whole performance was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    October 2009
    5,242 Posts
    there must be one Beatle fan who loves Yoko Ono's music.
    My dad really likes Yoko Ono. He says it's rather bizarre and something out of the norm.
    I agree with TheBrokenHobo, I can't get past the screaming and stuff.

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    My dad really likes Yoko Ono. He says it's rather bizarre and something out of the norm.
    I agree with TheBrokenHobo, I can't get past the screaming and stuff.
    Well.. she has done a couple good/more radio friendly things.

But as a whole, she does things I can't comprehend, it's like she's free spirited to the point where she's become some kind of beast.

39. Post #319
    July 2008
    11,208 Posts
    Pauls performance at the Olympics was kinda naff to be fair. His persistent touring is admirable but doing horrible things to his voice considering Tom Jones, Ben E King and Ringo sound almost the same as they did in the day. Paul performs without vocal warm ups or drinking anything, his band act like it's inspiring when it's killing his vocal cords slowly. In 2005 Paul sounded almost the same as 60's Paul, now he can barley project and the harmonies from the drummer sound better than he does. The sad part is it's going to kill him if he doesn't learn to take more than three days off touring at a time, how long has the On The Run tour even been going on? A year, and there was only a month between his last tour. I saw Paul in March and he was full of energy and wit and everything but his voice was frequently drowned out by the instruments. I hope to god he doesn't run himself into the dirt, I know Paul was always the fame hungry Beatle but people are seeing his appearances at EVERY massive world concert as less of an honour and more of a predictable obligation. He goes on about how The Beatles wouldn't get back together incase it tarnished the name, this relentlessness touring is killing his.

I can't help but feel if John Lennon was alive it'd have been him on that stage doing Imagine as it fits the shows tone a lot more. Oh well. Arctic Monkeys did a very very good cover of Come Together, was very surprised at that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,895 Posts
    well Lennon wasn't a fan of performing live.

His last ever performance was only because Elton John bet that their record would reach number 1.

On the night, Lennon threw up right before the performance. It's kind of confusing that he hated them tbh since he seems like the loudest out of the lot.

And seeing as he did some avant garde things with yoko on stage, you'd think a pop song would have been a walk in the park.

Maybe the "crowd" atmosphere is what he hated.