1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,245 Posts
    Horses would be nice, but there isn't much we can do it about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,307 Posts
    I'd prefer a motor bike or another car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,261 Posts
    I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to implement seeing as Oblivion had horses that were okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,785 Posts
    Project Nevada
    How big is that mod? What does it add?

5. Post #85
    January 2012
    20 Posts
    Does anyone have ALL of the achievements/trophies?

I'm currently trying to get all the achievements, including the ones from each DLC. Right now I have 53/75.

Once I get them all I can finally put this fucking game down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    Especially nature in a video game with super mutants, super-radiated feral humans, giant scorpions and chameleons that can tear through powered armor like it was butter.
    for that matter, what the fuck are Centaurs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #87
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,307 Posts
    Humans and other creatures merged together in FEV vats by either The Master or the mentally challenged yet scientifically competent Vault 87 Muties.

....I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    November 2010
    928 Posts
    humans and other creatures dumped together in FEV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    November 2010
    185 Posts
    I was gonna say horses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,785 Posts
    Too bad it would break the lore since they said horses were extinct, but yeah, that would be pretty awesome.
    The solution to the lore would be to add a mod that allows you to build a mechanical horse. That would be fucking amazing.

11. Post #91
    May 2010
    4,376 Posts
    The solution to the lore would be to add a mod that allows you to build a mechanical horse. That would be fucking amazing.
    Or maybe ghoul horses, better yet mechanical ghoul horses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    February 2009
    1,960 Posts
    Or maybe ghoul horses, better yet mechanical ghoul horses.
    They mention RobCo having developed a robot horse, why can't I have one? :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,316 Posts
    They mention RobCo having developed a robot horse, why can't I have one? :V
    Because it was designed for little girls.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    August 2009
    4,177 Posts
    but that isn't robco, that's wilson automatoys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #95
    August 2011
    699 Posts
    And they're EVIL!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #96
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Question, what kind of crosshair mod/hud mod are you using?
    Project Nevada.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member

February 2010
    1,244 Posts
    Well, the legion attack at searchlight was done by 2 trucks.

So that indicates that these trucks had to be working
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

18. Post #98
    thread killa
    May 2010
    960 Posts
    Well, the legion attack at searchlight was done by 2 trucks.

So that indicates that these trucks had to be working
    Two trucks loaded with radioactive waste containers which were parked at the station in the first place. All the Legion saboteurs did was slip into Camp Searchlight through a gap in the perimeter and break open as many containers as they could, as per Vulpes' instructions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #99
    June 2011
    3,187 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the lore said centaurs are the result of squid and human DNA being mixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

20. Post #100
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,080 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the lore said centaurs are the result of squid and human DNA being mixed.
    either way they are fucking hideous and gross.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,985 Posts
    Centaurs were created by the Master when he accidentally put more than one animal in the vat at the same time, but he kept them alive since they were easily used as hunting pets by the super mutants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    Dennab
    March 2009
    15,433 Posts
    Man, I kinda wish New Vegas had a New Game+ mode. I like my character, and I wanna keep playing on him, but there's not a whole lot more for me to do...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    There is a console command, "revertworld", but i'm not sure it actually works. It's supposed to revert the world back to how it was when you left doc mitchell's house, but whenever i try it, it just crashes the game. Maybe you'll have more success then me, though.

24. Post #104
    November 2010
    928 Posts

Only $16,000? What a steal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,918 Posts
    I always put off installing Project Nevada. Mostly because I have to browse through nexus, isn't there an off nexus page?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

26. Post #106
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    I always put off installing Project Nevada. Mostly because I have to browse through nexus, isn't there an off nexus page?
    It's the first link from a google search. I never really find it to difficult to find mods as long as I know the name because I can just search "site:newvegasnexus.com Mod Name"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,329 Posts
    Actually, in broken steel there was a brotherhood of steel jeep parked outside of the car-tunnel, so that means that there ARE working land vehicles, we just can't use them. Ive also seen talon company merc. trucks painted black.

I EXPECT VEHICLES NEXT TIME, BETHESDA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #108
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,307 Posts
    Actually, in broken steel there was a brotherhood of steel jeep parked outside of the car-tunnel, so that means that there ARE working land vehicles, we just can't use them. Ive also seen talon company merc. trucks painted black.

The NCR also maintains a fleet of trucks and has a truck repair center at Camp McCarran.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    May 2011
    3,856 Posts

I remember when someone on the fallout wiki forum made this whole "analysis" of that picture and concluded it was a pseudonym for sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

30. Post #110
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,504 Posts
    I really should get back into fallout
    I'll try to make a less generic character this time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,151 Posts

It's like ponies all over again.

My Little Giddyup Buttercup: Wasteland Adventures!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,307 Posts
    So I accidentally stole a Nuka-Cola in Redding and then the entire town declared war on my dumb ass. Two hours of brutal fighting, and huge amounts of luck and hiding, later I broke out of the town, leaving twelve people dead behind me, and ran for San Francisco. On the way there I got killed by a pack of geckos.

Great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #113
    November 2010
    2,545 Posts
    So I accidentally stole a Nuka-Cola in Redding and then the entire town declared war on my dumb ass. Two hours of brutal fighting, and huge amounts of luck and hiding, later I broke out of the town, leaving twelve people dead behind me, and ran for San Francisco. On the way there I got killed by a pack of geckos.

Great.
    Well, such is life in Fallout 2, I guess. I can't count the times when I was walking around SF in Combat Armor to get some XP from shooting the roaming aliens and centaurs and stuff, and then suddenly bam, a swarm of Fire Geckos swarm me and roast my ass.

Hell, these bastards can even get through Power Armor, if I remember correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

34. Post #114
    August 2009
    9,083 Posts
    But most skyscrapers should technically be destroyed from the bombs themselves, the massive earthquakes that followed, or about 300 years of no maintenance.

Not that a massive city wouldn't be awesome.
    How about skyscrapers that collapsed and are now on their side. So you would be walking on the walls of the skyscrapers.

Edited:

Pic of the jeep please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #115
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,307 Posts
    How about skyscrapers that collapsed and are now on their side. So you would be walking on the walls of the skyscrapers.
    They wouldn't so much collapse as cease to exist. The sheer force from the nuclear bombs would simply blast them apart, there wouldn't be much left. Unlike in Lonesome Road, where all those buildings were messed up by earthquakes.

Look at Nagasaki before and after.

That was from one relatively low-power bomb. Somewhere like New York would have at about 100 bombs directed at it. There wouldn't really be anything left. Like Randall Clark's description of Salt Lake City after being hit by 13 bombs, which states;
    "SLC is mostly craters. Warped steel girders where highrises sat. Mounds of bricks."
    So there really wouldn't be any city left to crawl through. It'd still be really awesome, if entirely unbelievable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,151 Posts
    Couldn't they just launch dirty bombs though? Not necessarily high-explosive nuclear, but just spread radiation around? There could even be a quest to go through some ruins that a bomb impacted to disable it because it's irradiating a water source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,765 Posts
    I like the beginning of a game, when you can be easily killed by wildlife. It forces you to actually think and strategize as opposed to later when you can just roll over everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    April 2011
    908 Posts
    I like the beginning of a game, when you can be easily killed by wildlife. It forces you to actually think and strategize as opposed to later when you can just roll over everything.
    What is your definition of being easily killed by wildlife?

Because from all of my playthroughs of testing different paths from the beginning of the game, as long as you stay on the main road to primm and all the way to new vegas, the only wildlife you see are Geckos, Giant Ants, ocassional Bark Scorp, and a mole rat. Hardly terrifying, even at low levels.

Now of course, if you stray from the roads, you will be stomped like a radroach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #119
    August 2009
    9,083 Posts
    I want to see someone make a game that is based New York (or some other major city) and there is a giant metro system that all connects and moves throughout the city. People live in the metros because there is to much radiation to go topside for long periods of time but you can still go up to loot and explore. Kind of like Metro 2033 but less linear. I'm kind of thinking something like Torchlight. A city hub where you can trade/get quests and then outside is kind of like a dungeon loot and quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,663 Posts
    What is your definition of being easily killed by wildlife?

Because from all of my playthroughs of testing different paths from the beginning of the game, as long as you stay on the main road to primm and all the way to new vegas, the only wildlife you see are Geckos, Giant Ants, ocassional Bark Scorp, and a mole rat. Hardly terrifying, even at low levels.

Now of course, if you stray from the roads, you will be stomped like a radroach.
    I think he means in Fallout 1 and 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)