1. Post #441
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Is it really that good? I kinda slapped it together quickly...

Pageking, have some Trejo.

Oh, and alongside the Bladerunner .223 pistol and the Hard-Boiled 10mm revolver, I'd like the Callahan Fullbore Autolock from Firefly to make a cameo. Something's gotta shoot down those Vertibirds.

Edited:

my thread is getting wonderful reception
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1163948

Edited:

slowpunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    November 2010
    2,545 Posts
    Is it really that good? I kinda slapped it together quickly...
    It is for me, because I always wanted to play a Fallout game with surf music and play as a ghoul. Can't get much cooler than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,643 Posts
    The idea sounds cool and I'd definitely play it, but there's a lotta room for whining from people. Mostly because being a fugly ghoul will make some more insecure people bust a nut.

But as I say I'd definitely play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #444
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    The idea sounds cool and I'd definitely play it, but there's a lotta room for whining from people. Mostly because being a fugly ghoul will make some more insecure people bust a nut.

But as I say I'd definitely play it.
    How about a "ghouliness" slider that dictates overall decay? You could be normal to the point of having an almost untouched face, with a slightly decayed body. I'd go full rotface though. Much cooler that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #445
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I hope if we ever get a game in the central U.S., we can get some bluegrass.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #446
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    I hope if we ever get a game in the central U.S., we can get some bluegrass.

MORE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #447
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Not exactly the same, but also Bluegrass.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #448
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Thanks, it's in the playlist now.

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,643 Posts
    How about a "ghouliness" slider that dictates overall decay? You could be normal to the point of having an almost untouched face, with a slightly decayed body. I'd go full rotface though. Much cooler that way.
    Perhaps something similar to Fable would work.

Like, if you're an evil sociopath you obviously don't have the strongest grip on your sanity, right? And Ghouls go crazy when they begin to feel like they've lost their humanity. So an evil character is going to appear similar to a gaunt, wind-blasted Feral, whereas a good one is going to look more or less no different to anyone else because they're still convinced they need to bathe and clean and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts

Like, if you're an evil sociopath you obviously don't have the strongest grip on your sanity, right? And Ghouls go crazy when they begin to feel like they've lost their humanity. So an evil character is going to appear similar to a gaunt, wind-blasted Feral, whereas a good one is going to look more or less no different to anyone else because they're still convinced they need to bathe and clean and such.
    Get that "Morality = Beauty" shit out of here, this isn't Victorian England.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

11. Post #451
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

Makes sense. Also, new page + some revisions.

You start out in a pre-war Florida, cutting the head off a parking meter in an attempt to get the juicy dosh inside. After the authorities pursue you, you begin the first tutorial, focusing on movement. You are apprehended, and taken to a rural prison camp. The second tutorial takes place during an attempted breakout, where you end up fleeing and shooting the warden’s face clear off with a double-barreled shotgun. You are taken back to the camp and restrained, in anticipation of being transferred to a higher-security prison.

Suddenly- lights on the horizon. The ground ripples like a pond after a pebble was thrown into it. The delta-winged Chinese bombers in the distance are given chase by a squadron of F-107 Voodoo jets that scream overhead. It’s too late. They drop their payload, and with a heavy thud, another light sears across the landscape. The shock wave annihilates the prison camp, and everyone there. Except you.

Congratulations! You ‘dun got yoself ghoulified. That means a lot. Now you’re almost immune to radiation. Also, you look like rotted bacon. Good for you.

You've since traveled from Florida to Texas, on a pilgrimage to Hawaii. You're pretty sure you can make the swim and, given your boredom with life, are willing to give anything to break the monotony of near-immortality. It's currently 2289, and the west has been raped by the NCR fighting Caesar's Legion, all while defending themselves from a hedonistic and sociopathic courier with an unstoppable robot army. Combat erupts often, and the only safe havens are ruled by either one of these factions. The NCR have a Rhineland trench-style manner of living, squabbling amongst broken buildings and makeshift vehicles. The Legion have a tribal aesthetic, though they have been brutalized by the courier as well. The courier's faction, the Free State of New Vegas, have a semi-cyberpunk thing going on. The courier runs a technocratic dictatorship, where Franz Kafka's logic infests the dirty, Bladerunner-esqe settlements. Their military, the Glorious Vegas Army, or GVA (jee-vah), have conscripted infantry serving alongside mechanized units and the odd vehicle. The Enclave live off in tankers and battleships off the coast of Texas and California, down into Mexico. They've also got some secret land-battleships somewhere, too.

After living in Pasadena for a while, you proceed south down the gulf, taking the scenic route to Hawaii. Fuck the desert, we’re going into the jungle. On your way to the Texas-Mexico border, after fighting the GVA with the help of the NCR, are blindsided by an Enclave bombing run (by the beautiful XB-48). The ensuing inland assault annihilates both the NCR and, with conceited effort, the GVA robots and conscripts. You are then forced to take cover on a piece of wreckage that is sent off to sea by a tactical nuke, also from the Enclave. You are then sent from the area around Pasadena and into the gulf.

You wash up on a beach in Cuidad del Carmen, a beach turned into a pile of glass and ash by harsh radiation. After you emerge from the black, sludgy water, a wave breaks on a melted skeleton clutching a beat-up M-60. You shuffle over to the corpse, and lazily pick up your new best friend.

Cue malaguena.

Ciudad del Carmen is home to a small Enclave gas and nuclear power facility, and you just washed up in the most irradiated area in all of Mexico. Watch as your skin begins to glow with the barrel of your M-60, the newly irradiated rounds poisoning everything they hit. You must dash across the Zacatal bridge (the largest bridge in Latin America) roadie-style, considering the Enclave regulars with rippers and thermic prods chasing you. After dispatching these enemies in your own way, you walk a long, lonely walk across the Zacatal. There's a small dirt runway at the end, with more Enclave stationed there. You put your game face on and, after tearing them a new asshole you commandeer a small Enclave patrol plane and fly the fuck out of there, to the north-west. As expected, you are shot down by yourself as you crash the plane into the east face of Pico de Orizaba, the largest mountain in Mexico. Been alive for almost 300 years and you still haven't acquired spontaneous test-pilot knowledge. Bullshit, that is.

Your body is picked up by a group of ghouls from Brazil (huehuehue) who give you a quick waking slap to the face. You and the ghouls proceed to level and reminisce on the old days of having skin. After making yourself a few friends, you continue your constructive spree by make a nice set of armor (medium, light, or heavy) from the wreckage. You depart, leaving that lovely looking ghoulette un-boned (you'll get her next time). You shed a silent tear as you descend into the jungle alone...

Fallout: FUBAR (title pending)

It's a first person action RPG running on a modified version of Just Cause 2's Avalanche engine. This will permit massive numbers of characters and objects to be rendered in a massive, lush apocalyptic landscape, all at a consistent frame-rate and level of graphical prowess. The slowed-down character movement and emphasis on realism will give even more depth and magnitude to the landscape. Relatively low graphical standards will permit an immense amount of randomly-generated quests, plus randomly-generated armor and weapons (a-la Borderlands), so it'll have a shitload of replay value. The sets of armor and weapons will be very visually similar to to those in Fallout 1 and 2. The last thing I'd want is to bastardize such a brilliant art style.

Vehicles will play a small part in the gameplay, being present in all armies to an extent. The NCR and GVA have the occasional salvaged truck with dakka taped to it, while the Enclave have a good navy, small air force, and an army based mainly around power-armored soldiers with scarce ground support vehicles. The driving physics will emulate Far Cry 2's, being fully first-person and difficult. Piloting an aircraft will be a very rare experience, but it will be as realistic as logistically possible (see: hard). In spite of these new methods of transportation, your best bet is to walk. Gas and fuel rods aren't cheap in the post-apocalypse. The third person will be axed, and replaced with one fit only for looking at your character. Gameplay will be purely first-person.

The buildings will have destructible areas on them, like a more realistic version of Battlefield: BC2. You can blow a hole in the wall with conceited effort, but destruction like that would be more as a byproduct of an attack, not a viable tactic. Buildings won’t be able to be knocked down, though. The most destruction you’d see is a door turned to splinters after being hit with a round from an anti-materiel rifle, or a wall knocked down by a rocket. Characters and creatures will be deformable as well, receiving broken bones and other lacerations, to the point of becoming a pile of bloody mush.

The soundtrack will be more varied and will feature more surf, rockabilly, and Latin guitar tracks to fit the setting.
    Edited:

How about if it's like Saints Row 3, but it gives you more freedom? I always wanted to give my guy a three foot long chin. Also, some way to revisit the character creation, and edit your dude halfway through the game.

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,643 Posts
    Except when Fable does it, it makes zero sense. I don't see how this wouldn't make sense, maybe the good side of it wouldn't, but the evil side does.

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,149 Posts
    Does this seem Fallout-y?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #454
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Does this seem Fallout-y?

Didn't the Andrews Sisters commit group suicide?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to open your wallets.

Brian Fargo looking to Kickstart a 'Wasteland' sequel.

16. Post #456
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to open your wallets.

Brian Fargo looking to Kickstart a 'Wasteland' sequel.
    My ring-a-ding is ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #457
    Didn't the Andrews Sisters commit group suicide?
    Fallouty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,067 Posts
    So what's happening with "Aloha, Smoothskin"? Has it evolved into what we're seeing now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #459
    August 2009
    9,080 Posts
    So what's happening with "Aloha, Smoothskin"? Has it evolved into what we're seeing now?
    I think that is now "Hola, Smoothskin"

Edited:

I WANT IT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

20. Post #460
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    I think that is now "Hola, Smoothskin"

Edited:

I WANT IT!
    A bit more rust and junk on the helmet and it'd be the best companion yet. Link?

21. Post #461
    April 2007
    1,887 Posts
    I finished the main story line. which DLC should I get first?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #462
    August 2009
    9,080 Posts
    A bit more rust and junk on the helmet and it'd be the best companion yet. Link?
    http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images...e.php?id=26877

To bad its just a screen shot.

23. Post #463
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    I finished the main story line. which DLC should I get first?
    Med Dunny

Edited:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downlo...e.php?id=42756

Seems ok to me. Also, when I said "cyberpunk thing going on" in the proof of concept, this would be the as far as it goes. This might even be a little too far.

Edited:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downlo...e.php?id=45138

Neat!

24. Post #464
    January 2010
    2,718 Posts
    Is there any way to get all the DLC in a pack for cheaper? I got NV a while ago, and now that they released the ultimate edition, it would be cheaper to just buy the ultimate edition instead all the DLC.

25. Post #465
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    The marksman rifle is so ugly. Picatinny rails don't fit Fallout at all. Would have much rather they gone with the AR-180b, a rail-less stamped receiver assault rifle from the sixties. Also, it's much rarer and much less prone to jamming than the M-16, so that would justify a steep price.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,257 Posts

This fits pretty well with Fallout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

the fucking andrews sisters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #468
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,887 Posts
    Thought this would have fit in with Fallout radio music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #469
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    the m-60 is very fallout, no?

Edited:

and yes i know it was in one and two, but that had a wooden gas block lololol

Edited:

Alright, this is pushing it with the rockabilly, but do you think this could fit for an in-house band at a bar? I fucking love this band and a tempo like this could make for a very atmospheric (cut)scene.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #470
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Was thinking more about the story for FUBAR. What if the themes surrounding the story will be about how a faction/countries massive leaps in technological and economic sovereignty comes from conflict, and how that lust for conflict is present regardless of how beneficial it is? Does that sound fallout-y enough?

Also, is that theme bullshit, or does it have truth to it? I'm tired and should probably go to bed but m mind is wide awake.

31. Post #471
    October 2010
    681 Posts
    Was thinking more about the story for FUBAR. What if the themes surrounding the story will be about how a faction/countries massive leaps in technological and economic sovereignty comes from conflict, and how that lust for conflict is present regardless of how beneficial it is? Does that sound fallout-y enough?

Also, is that theme bullshit, or does it have truth to it? I'm tired and should probably go to bed but m mind is wide awake.
    It's not bullshit, just not necessarily true all the time. As a general rule, if you can imagine Ron Perlman saying it to the ending music with an out of focus slide show in the background, it's "fallout-y" enough to be a decent theme. Is FUBAR a movie? I haven't heard of it. Worth looking into?

It's quite a shame how pathetic the NCR has become. I guess it's just because their Military and political leaders are a complete joke compared to the old regimes. The NCR should have house paying them to keep the roads clear, hold the legion back and promote Vegas to rich citizens out west. If they didn't kick the followers of the Apocalypse out of California, the Dam would have been up and running sooner and a lot more efficiently, providing even more leverage with house.

Right now the NCR is House's bitch. He makes hundreds of thousands of caps off of their manpower and their citizens, and gets free energy from the Dam the NCR army is locked into protecting. Just sad really; guess this means NCR victory won't make cannon. Not that I really want it too. Either that or it will and they expand into all of Nevada and Baja California (apparently shit is going down there too) and then collapse into bitter anarchy in the lands and separatism between what few states are left standing. Civilizations unite; Empires rise, expand, and then fail spectacularly. I guess it's just another fallout theme. You can count on this to happen.

32. Post #472
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,067 Posts
    I agree about the NCR.

Also, FUBAR stands for "Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #473
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Fallout: FUBAR

because i suck with names

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    278 Posts
    The marksman rifle is so ugly. Picatinny rails don't fit Fallout at all.
    Agreed. Almost all of the other military guns in the game are based on those that were in use in the 50s and 60s, and then the Marksman Carbine comes along out of nowhere, covered in rails, as if straight from a Modern Warfare game...

I also hate the Ballistic Fist. A magic, wrist-mounted sawn-off shotgun that requires no ammo and somehow does so many times more damage than any actual shotgun? It's ridiculous. It should be a casino holdout weapon at best, not something you can take into battle and utterly destroy armored foes with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #475
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

Fallout-y enough?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    November 2010
    2,545 Posts
    The marksman rifle is so ugly. Picatinny rails don't fit Fallout at all. Would have much rather they gone with the AR-180b, a rail-less stamped receiver assault rifle from the sixties. Also, it's much rarer and much less prone to jamming than the M-16, so that would justify a steep price.

Not to mention that the reviewer mentions that it's rather simple and easy to produce, at least compared to the AR-15 - which would make handwaving being able to find the rare AR-180 in the Wastes with the Gun Runners finding the blueprints and producing their own pretty easy.
    Also, where the hell is the M14? It would fit right in NV, and having entered service in 1957, it would also fit the 50's - early 60's period Fallout is inspired by.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #477
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Or better yet, the M14 SAW.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #478
    November 2010
    2,545 Posts
    Or better yet, the M14 SAW.

I'd say that an average wastelander would prefer the regular M14.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #479
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Not to mention that the reviewer mentions that it's rather simple and easy to produce, at least compared to the AR-15 - which would make handwaving being able to find the rare AR-180 in the Wastes with the Gun Runners finding the blueprints and producing their own pretty easy.
    Also, where the hell is the M14? It would fit right in NV, and having entered service in 1957, it would also fit the 50's - early 60's period Fallout is inspired by.
    It would have been a better choice then the Service Rifle TBH.

I'm sick of all these armalite weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

40. Post #480
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    It would have been a better choice then the Service Rifle TBH.

I'm sick of all these armalite weapons.

Still sick?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)