1. Post #601
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    True player characters use the hunting rifle. Faithful weapon of Champions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,575 Posts
    Ol' Painless in Fallout 3 is my favourite gun. In New Vegas I have a scoped hunting rifle for sniping and Paciencia for closer encounters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    Yup. No denying that the hunting rifle is fucking awesome.

Although i prefer the sniper rifle for sniping, as once you attach a silencer to it you really just have to crouch then click on the person you don't want to live anymore. Nobody even gives a shit about their head exploding, either. Pick off entire armies!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #604
    July 2010
    2,799 Posts
    Tempted to start a new character on FO:NV, however I always remember struggling to pick my choices at the the beginning without regretting certain choices or whatnot.

Anyone know of a nice guide for certain character builds?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    Tempted to start a new character on FO:NV, however I always remember struggling to pick my choices at the the beginning without regretting certain choices or whatnot.

Anyone know of a nice guide for certain character builds?
    If your going with guns, choose repair. Very important. (Actually, always choose repair). If your a pacifist then Barter, Speech and sneak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #606
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    I feel like making a pure guns/sneak/repair character. Any tips?

posted from a kindle fire, lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,025 Posts
    That's pretty much how all of mine go. I don't have any tips though, I just spam my early points into those three skills while taking perks that boost my hitpoints and carry weight.

I always take Trigger Discipline and Wild Wasteland, and I do suggest you take Fast Reload as soon as you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #608
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    should i make my character fuckugly or see if i can make a asian person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,439 Posts
    Both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,224 Posts
    So I've played both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas for a good 200+ hours together, and I have a question that may strike you as odd for someone who's played both games so long, but...

Is there a way to quick-switch between weapons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #611
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    hotkeys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,224 Posts
    Elaborate, good sir

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,575 Posts
    Elaborate, good sir
    When you choose your weapon hold down the key you want to assign it to and click the weapon. Also works for clothing and items.

You can only use the number keys and 2 is used to switch ammo types in new vegas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

14. Post #614
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Elaborate, good sir
    HOT

KEYS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    March 2010
    1,485 Posts
    no use this

-snip-
    also here's that fucking playlist again
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz
    Damn, I want to listen to this later, but yt doesn't let you favorite playlists.

16. Post #616
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Damn, I want to listen to this later, but yt doesn't let you favorite playlists.
    Bookmark it, that or subscribe to me (not begging for subscriptions btw, idgaf about them).

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,335 Posts
    What is a good way to take down the Legion? I want to retake the platinum chip. Also, I think I got to 15 in OWB, probably should have waited to go to Big MT, because I am getting killed there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,257 Posts
    When you choose your weapon hold down the key you want to assign it to and click the weapon. Also works for clothing and items.

You can only use the number keys and 2 is used to switch ammo types in new vegas.
    I had completely finished Fallout 3 before somebody showed me this.

Long range weapon on 1, short range weapon on 2, missile launcher on 3, stimpaks on 4, power armour on 5, stealth armour on 6, and a party hat on 7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    What is a good way to take down the Legion? I want to retake the platinum chip. Also, I think I got to 15 in OWB, probably should have waited to go to Big MT, because I am getting killed there.
    The best way to kill the legion is with your bare fists and a heavy dose of badassery. In the nude of course. And you better be on very hard. Hardcore if it suits you.

20. Post #620
    February 2010
    16,384 Posts
    The Hunting Rifle w/ all weapon mods is my favourite, sniping Deathclaws got really easy now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #621
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Cleaning out Cottonwood Cove with a fully modded Hunting Rifle is one of my favourite things to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

22. Post #622
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    Cleaning out Cottonwood Cove with a fully modded Hunting Rifle is one of my favourite things to do.
    Cottonwood cove is one of the best non city areas in the vanilla game. I wish there were more things to do there. It's supposed to be the legion's only legitimate foothold across the river, yet there really isn't a whole lot there. There should have been a scripted slave auction going on when you first enter the camp. A surprisingly large crowd of shifty looking wastelanders and off duty legionares, noisily trying to out bid each other for prizes of men, women, and children. I'd really love to see that.

Edited:
    Too bad New Vegas's glory days in the modding scene have come and gone. Maybe there's still a chance to see something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,025 Posts

Good way to take down the Legion...This Machine, 100 guns, 100 Sneak, Trigger discipline, Fast Reload, Boone, and a couple stealth boys.

Edited:

The Hunting Rifle w/ all weapon mods is my favourite, sniping Deathclaws got really easy now.
    This Machine is better IMO. I usually carry that for medium range sniping, and an AMR for the heavy stuff. Super long range, deathclaw, cazadores, stuff like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    This Machine is better IMO. I usually carry that for medium range sniping, and an AMR for the heavy stuff. Super long range, deathclaw, cazadores, stuff like that.
    If I could put a scope on This Machine, I wouldn't bother with using anything else.

25. Post #625
    Is that guy still looking for fallout-y music?
    Vera Lynn motherfuckers.

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,198 Posts
    When I make my character I usually tag Guns, Lockpick, and Speech. Good all-around character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #627
    June 2011
    3,333 Posts
    Hunting rifle hasn't got shit on the gobi-campaign scout rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #628
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Is that guy still looking for fallout-y music?
    Vera Lynn motherfuckers.

Added. I'm always looking at this thread, and always looking for fallout-y music. Here's the link for the playlist, again.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDD60EA2EB414A73E

29. Post #629
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    The Gobi-Campaign rifle may have a flashy paint job, but the hunting rifle is a classic. It's iconic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,447 Posts
    Once you get 100 lockpick, it's so worth it.

Also, I'm thinking about leveling up on Melee Weapons and Unarmed weapons. Which weapons of these categories would be best to use?

31. Post #631
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Once you get 100 lockpick, it's so worth it.

Also, I'm thinking about leveling up on Melee Weapons and Unarmed weapons. Which weapons of these categories would be best to use?
    The best unarmed weapon is the Ballistic Fist (although I remember reading that the Superheated Saturnite Fist from OWB is also great) Don't know a thing about melee weapons, never used them myself.

32. Post #632
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,198 Posts
    The best unarmed weapon is the Ballistic Fist (although I remember reading that the Superheated Saturnite Fist from OWB is also great) Don't know a thing about melee weapons, never used them myself.
    when in doubt, there always archimedes II

wasnt there some mode that added a perk that allows you to call an airstrike or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,224 Posts
    You know what would revive the modding community?

Adding New Vegas to the Steam Workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

34. Post #634
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    You know what would revive the modding community?

Adding New Vegas to the Steam Workshop.
    Even if NV doesn't get added - and I doubt it does - the next Fallout probably will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,439 Posts
    NV better get added to the Steam Workshop, then I wont ever visit the Nexus again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    August 2009
    9,669 Posts
    About about mods that require FOSE?

37. Post #637
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    About about mods that require FOSE?
    What? Do you mean FOMODs? Most of the big mods with FOMOD installs will probably never make it onto the workshop without a major change in the standard launcher format that has been used in past Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. I'm surprised Bethesda didn't take the opportunity to overhaul Skyim's launcher into even the most basic mod manager. Actually I'm not. Bethesda can get a little careless/lazy about these sorts of things in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    August 2009
    9,669 Posts
    What? Do you mean FOMODs? Most of the big mods with FOMOD installs will probably never make it onto the workshop without a major change in the standard launcher format that has been used in past Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. I'm surprised Bethesda didn't take the opportunity to overhaul Skyim's launcher into even the most basic mod manager. Actually I'm not. Bethesda can get a little careless/lazy about these sorts of things in the end.
    No I mean the Fallout Script Extender.

39. Post #639
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    No I mean the Fallout Script Extender.
    Well...what about them? There's no problem uploading and using mods on the workshop that require SKSE at the moment in skyrim, so I assume the same situation would apply here would it not? Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

40. Post #640
    April 2010
    2,415 Posts
    Hey, I know the PNP stopped, but what happened is this. I had to go on vacation for two weeks, told everyone, when I came back, I couldn't get everyone together, and they were out of it. So guess what, we're back baby! Starting hopefully this saturday if we can get enough people. PM me for details.

I'll even make a deal, if we get too many people for one session/too many who cant make it (timezone issues, etc) Ill make a sunday session...
    Based off of 'Aloha Smoothskin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)