1. Post #961
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Which particular areas of the map do you guys recommend a level 16 walking armory to explore?
    Wherever you find kids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #962
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts
    It's only customary to spoilerify game details if the game's only been out a year or two. After 15 years that custom no longer applies.

that's just how it works, broseph.

Hehe, I love it. I don't play either game without it. For some reason Obsidian, despite bragging about not using that filter in new vegas, used that filter as well. Made everything fucking orange. Fellout to the rescue yet again!

And you still don't need it. Fellout's nights are just as dark. I'm being literal when I say it gets dark enough that you can't see your own fucking gun at night. On top of that it removes the green haze from the skies during the daytime, which makes the game look three years newer all on it's own.

Mart's Mutant Mod is a good start. It doesn't add roaming NPCs by default, but honestly I doubt the game engine could handle mobs roaming the wasteland as I assume you're looking for. Not only that but NPCs in Fallout all have horrible ADHD, they would get ten feet and engage something.
    sure it looks better and all, but a nuclear radioactive infested airspace is supposed to have that green hue, considering its THE LAND OF A NUCLEAR DISASTER

now it looks all crisp, clean, like there never was a nuclear apocalypse...

my immersion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

3. Post #963
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,260 Posts
    I know it's supposed to be reminiscent of 50s sci-fi movies and such, but I can't stand how many things attribute a green glow to radioactive materials. They should only glow under certain conditions, and even then the glow is blue, not green.

That said, there's still no reason for the green sky in Fallout 3, even with the radiation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,025 Posts
    Anybody else find Dead Money tedious?
    It's a good challenge but I'm just not enjoying it.
    I managed to do dead money as a level 6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #965
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Goddamnit, making weapon sprites for Fallout Tactics is so much harder than it seems to be. It took me two days to make something that doesn't look like shit, and it still doesn't look that good:

Oh well.
    Jesus has a c7? Tell him to get a wood stoner, it'll last longer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #966
    February 2011
    4,490 Posts
    I still have it, if you tell me how to find the files and give me a uploading site to use I will do it.
    Add me on steam: deadangell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #967
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    Which particular areas of the map do you guys recommend a level 16 walking armory to explore?
    Quarry Junction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #968
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,882 Posts
    No that one is actually a clone. The one you have in Mojave is the original.
    I'm actually looking for the one in the DLC.
    I can't find the fucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

9. Post #969
    January 2010
    2,766 Posts
    Add me on steam: deadangell
    A little bit late on that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #970
    February 2009
    3,177 Posts
    Go fuck up the fiends right outside of vegas. That's always fun murdering all the leaders and clearing out the vault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #971
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    Black Mountain, the I-15 and Dead Wind Cave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #972
    February 2011
    4,490 Posts
    A little bit late on that.
    sorry for late, forgot about posting here and havent checked facepunch for a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #973
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,036 Posts
    sure it looks better and all, but a nuclear radioactive infested airspace is supposed to have that green hue, considering its THE LAND OF A NUCLEAR DISASTER

my immersion
    After two centuries any haze produced would have settled out of the sky. It just doesn't make sense to have the haze.

Wherever you damn well please. You could go clear out the Deathclaw Promontory if you want to snag a set of Remnant's Power Armor, though. Or perhaps clear the Fort out, although if you're doing a Legion playthrough you will obviously save beforehand and reload afterward.

14. Post #974
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    what exactly is that, even

it looks like either an AR-10 or a C7
    It's an AR-10A2. Well, it's supposed to be one, but since converting RGB images to Indexed makes them look like shit, and resizing doesn't help either...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

15. Post #975
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    So a mod I installed is making FO3 crash, but I can't disable it, because the NMM keeps trying to update, and then crashing during that. I've already tried reinstalling NMM but it just doesn't the same thing again. Any ideas?

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,372 Posts
    Quarry Junction.

Been there, done that. The YCS/186 makes it real easy.

Keep in mind that I have explored most of the main areas (Aside from west vegas)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #977
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts

my immersion
    Fallout doesn't take place 10 minutes after the nukes dropped, you know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

18. Post #978
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Would FO3 be much more accepted if the date the game was set in was pushed back a lot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #979
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts

my immersion
    Yeah, but radiation isn't actually green. Unless there was a lot of uranium in the air - most likely more than you'd find in a bomb as weak as the ones Fallout seems to use - everything would look more or less the same.

Radioactive air is not green. It does taste of nickels, however.

20. Post #980
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    Would FO3 be much more accepted if the date the game was set in was pushed back a lot?
    Landscape wise yes. Either way the brotherhood, enclave, and supermutants had no place there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #981
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    Yeah, but radiation isn't actually green. Unless there was a lot of uranium in the air - most likely more than you'd find in a bomb as weak as the ones Fallout seems to use - everything would look more or less the same.

Well, the Fallout universe is based on 50's Sci-Fi, and in 50's Sci-Fi even mildly irradiated stuff starts to either glow or mutate into a giant monstrosity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

22. Post #982
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,845 Posts

'50s SCIENCE can explain that. Back then, if it was radioactive, it was neon fucking green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #983
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    Well, the Fallout universe is based on 50's Sci-Fi, and in 50's Sci-Fi even mildly irradiated stuff starts to either glow or mutate into a giant monstrosity.
    Yeah, but that's a confusion of irradiation and radioactivity. Radioactive stuff can glow, but irradiated stuff doesn't.

24. Post #984
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Yeah, but that's a confusion of irradiation and radioactivity. Radioactive stuff can glow, but irradiated stuff doesn't.
    50s sci-fi, radiation is contagious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #985
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    50s sci-fi, radiation is contagious.
    yeah I guess, but that green filter is kinda ugly anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #986
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    I would have found Fallout 3 to be more acceptable if DC was overgrown as fuck. That would be so awesome. Have vines and stuff crawling up the Washington Monument. None of those plant creatures though. Abominations the lot of them. Of course areas that are high in residual radiation could be browned out. It would add a nice change in landscape from green to dead every once and a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #987
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,036 Posts
    I would have found Fallout 3 to be more acceptable if DC was overgrown as fuck. That would be so awesome. Have vines and stuff crawling up the Washington Monument. None of those plant creatures though. Abominations the lot of them. Of course areas that are high in residual radiation could be browned out. It would add a nice change in landscape from green to dead every once and a while.
    Gamebryo wouldn't support it in any way that didn't look bloody awful, and FO3 doesn't need any help in that direction.

Landscape wise yes. Either way the brotherhood, enclave, and supermutants had no place there.

DC's muties were produced independantly of West Coast's, using a different strain of FEV in Vault 87. That's why they look and act differently from the Mariposa super mutants encountered in the other games. As for the Enclave, ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the pre-war Enclave just might have set up some east-coast bases as well, and that due to communications difficulties they would also differ from the west coast Enclave? The DC BOS is also well explained, it was an expeditionary force sent from the west coast in the 2240s on a search for any tech that could be recovered from the nation's capitol. Sounds pretty straightforward, fits in nicely with what the Brotherhood seeks, although the decisions made once they reached DC differ. But even then you're bound to have a bleeding heart or two floating around your ranks, so it's not entirely impossible.

For all the flaws in the writing, these three factions fit in perfectly. Any differences between them and their west-coast counterparts is easily and logically explained.
    So a mod I installed is making FO3 crash, but I can't disable it, because the NMM keeps trying to update, and then crashing during that. I've already tried reinstalling NMM but it just doesn't the same thing again. Any ideas?
    Don't use NMM is all I can suggest. I still do it old school, using FOMM, and I don't have any issues with the mod manager forcing me to run a bugged mod.

You can try shift-deleting the .esp and .esm files of the mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #988
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Don't use NMM is all I can suggest. I still do it old school, using FOMM, and I don't have any issues with the mod manager forcing me to run a bugged mod.

You can try shift-deleting the .esp and .esm files of the mod.
    Where can I get and what is FOMM and where does it save those files?

29. Post #989
    January 2010
    2,421 Posts
    I have Fallout 3 GOTY on Steam, how do I install mods? Do I just use NexusMM?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

30. Post #990
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,615 Posts

my immersion
    It's been 200+ years since the bombs fell, most of that radiation should have worn off by now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,036 Posts
    Where can I get and what is FOMM and where does it save those files?
    The Nexus, Fallout Mod Manager, and they'll be in Fallout 3/Data. If they're not there the game can't load them.

32. Post #992
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    The Nexus, Fallout Mod Manager, and they'll be in Fallout 3/Data. If they're not there the game can't load them.
    Oh wait, I found a file called "READ ME OR THIS WONT WORK.txt" in there I think I found the problem.

33. Post #993
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,810 Posts

my immersion
    Gosh look at all this green hue and rubble.

hiroshima   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 15Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #994
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Oh wait, I found a file called "READ ME OR THIS WONT WORK.txt" in there I think I found the problem.
    I'm an idiot this was entirely the problem.

35. Post #995
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,361 Posts
    Gosh look at all this green hue and rubble.

hiroshima   
    The Hiroshima example doesn't really apply because post-war Japan had a central government, international aid, and only had a single bomb dropped on it.

But that's not the point. Fallout 3 should not anywhere near as green as it is. It's just bad design, nothing more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #996
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts

my immersion
    I agree with him, because iirc     the town with the green hue had radiation things opened by the legion    

Edited:

I haven't played the game in a while so correct me if I'm wrong

37. Post #997
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,443 Posts
    DC's muties were produced independantly of West Coast's, using a different strain of FEV in Vault 87.
    The creator of Fallout said FEV in DC was, "very far fetched".

In my words its fucking stupid, they never justify any of it. why is it in DC? why is it in a Vault? hell why did Vault Tech want FEV as one of their experiments when all they do are social experiments in the first place. They give some really vague reasons but nothing that makes sense.

I don't mind the BOS or Enclave in DC for the most part, but FEV? that's dumb, considering it was supposed to be an ISOLATED experiment, that's why they started testing it at Mariposa, because its isolated. Who thought it was a good idea to do FEV experiments next to a very populated city?

Edited:

I agree with him, because iirc     the town with the green hue had radiation things opened by the legion    

Edited:

I haven't played the game in a while so correct me if I'm wrong
    Since it just happened it's not that big of a deal, its a nice visual cue that you are in an irradiated area, the problem is in DC you aren't constantly taking in rads, it's been 200 years since the last nuke fell yet everything looks as if its only been a couple years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #998
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Ok, now my game freezes when choose a new perk, I've disabled all my mods and it still does it, this is getting ridiculous.

Edited:

I managed to fix it by enabling all my mods again(?)

Edited:

Ok, seriously?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #999
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,372 Posts
    The creator of Fallout said FEV in DC was, "very far fetched".

In my words its fucking stupid, they never justify any of it. why is it in DC? why is it in a Vault? hell why did Vault Tech want FEV as one of their experiments when all they do are social experiments in the first place. They give some really vague reasons but nothing that makes sense.

I don't mind the BOS or Enclave in DC for the most part, but FEV? that's dumb, considering it was supposed to be an ISOLATED experiment, that's why they started testing it at Mariposa, because its isolated. Who thought it was a good idea to do FEV experiments next to a very populated city?

Edited:

Since it just happened it's not that big of a deal, its a nice visual cue that you are in an irradiated area, the problem is in DC you aren't constantly taking in rads, it's been 200 years since the last nuke fell yet everything looks as if its only been a couple years.
    I swear, Fallout 3 must have killed your family and raped your dog for you to bash it this much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,443 Posts
    It burned down my sister and raped my church.

Edited:

To be honest I don't really hate Fallout 3, thats a pretty strong word, its just very disappointing, and it's just easy for me to get too passionate about things.

That and it's pretty easy to bash, Fallout 3 is like Fridge Logic The Video Game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)