1. Post #4241
    nox
    March 2007
    2,193 Posts
    Oh, what's this, some sort of unexplored bunker?

As well as miniature garden gnome chess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Late Late x 4 (list)

2. Post #4242
    May 2010
    4,369 Posts
    I've been experimenting with speculars.

I haven't quite got it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 15 (list)

3. Post #4243
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    I've been experimenting with speculars.

I haven't quite got it yet.
    why are his hips so high up and why does he have tatoos from a culture that hasn't existed for two hundred years

Edited:

I just realized how hairy his chest is

this is some rainbow-worthy shit right here son
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4244
    August 2009
    9,081 Posts
    why are his hips so high up and why does he have tatoos from a culture that hasn't existed for two hundred years

Edited:

I just realized how hairy his chest is

this is some rainbow-worthy shit right here son
    Also the little happy trail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #4245
    March 2011
    3,328 Posts
    Oh, what's this, some sort of unexplored bunker?
    As well as miniature garden gnome chess
    Whiskey's gnome takes left battery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #4246
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Every time you hear "patrolling the mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter" you must kill that npc.

My face when you're playing fallout 3 and not new vegas

uhhh shit.

ok ok I got an

idea

every time you hear butcher pete on the radio, you have to equip a cleaver and kill everything with no clothes on

I got similiar rule for myself that has stuck on ever since for some reason.
    Kill anyone WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, you must proceed to maul his body to bloody pieces whatever means neccessary. While wearing wasteland doctor's suit.

Maybe my subconcious is hinting that I am losing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

7. Post #4247
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,698 Posts
    Idk if anyone here knew about it, but in the Skyrim thread, i asked users to post rules that i could play the game by to make sort of a "let's play"-ish thing. Well, the whole thing was drowned in technical issues and general boredness of skyrim, so I want to start up something similar here.

I'll be playing vanilla Fallout 3 (which i havent played in a year or two), and I want the members of FP to give me restrictions to play by. Multiple restrictions per person are fine, just know if it's something ridiculous (ONLY WALK IN 30 METER SEGMENTS) I'll either ignore it or forget to do it. I'll cut off the restrictions a bit before i decide to play it, which will probably be Friday night.
    Just a reminder, i want more rules!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #4248
    March 2011
    3,328 Posts
    Reminds me of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #4249
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    Just a reminder, i want more rules!
    you must always carry a spoon in your inventory. if given the option between the spoon and an item with value higher than that of a rolling pin, you will forsake it for the spoon. if at any point you are without your spoon, you must kill everything in sight until you reclaim your spoon. if you have more than one spoon in your inventory, drop your spare spoon along with a live hand grenade - no spoon can compare with the original spoon, and the doppelganger spoon must be destroyed. if ever you have both a fork and a spoon in your inventory, launch a Fat Man at your feet.

live by the spoon. die by the spoon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

10. Post #4250
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,866 Posts
    I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times already, but which New Vegas DLC is the best?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #4251
    October 2009
    1,278 Posts
    I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times already, but which New Vegas DLC is the best?
    Most people say Old World Blues or Lonesome Road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #4252
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,245 Posts
    Courier's Stash is obviously the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #4253
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,518 Posts
    Courier's Stash is obviously the best.
    starting the game with enough equipment to destroy an entire army? don't mind if i do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #4254
    November 2010
    2,545 Posts
    starting the game with enough equipment to destroy an entire army? don't mind if i do
    It destroys what little is left of the economy system, and makes the beginning areas criminally easy. I personally hate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4255
    February 2012
    2,689 Posts
    I find it strange how no matter what ending you picked the courier would always teleport to Big M and keep the place in check, use it's supplies for the wasteland/himself etc.

Can't blame him....it's a pretty rad place to live
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #4256
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,470 Posts
    Destroy an entire *radroach army
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #4257
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,518 Posts
    Destroy an entire *radroach army
    still an army
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

18. Post #4258
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,245 Posts
    It destroys what little is left of the economy system, and makes the beginning areas criminally easy. I personally hate it.
    I believe JE Sawyer's Mod spreads the pre-order packs around the wasteland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #4259
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    I believe JE Sawyer's Mod spreads the pre-order packs around the wasteland.
    Then by the time you find them they are useless. I hated the Caravan Shotgun I got for my pre-order pack, and I dumped it after like 3 hours of play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #4260
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,359 Posts
    Going to restart Fallout 3 today; wish me luck!

The question is, Good, Neutral, Or Evil?

Oh yeah, and I always have a hard time finding a reason to go up by all the camp sites, that general outer DC area, because from what I remember there are a lot of Raider settlements out there. Can someone give me some sort of motivation to go out there? I don't remember too many unique weapons stashes or small things like that, but if anybody knows of some loot out that way...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #4261

November 2010
    25 Posts
    One thing I don't like about the DLC is that they become active immediately. I can understand why, it's not like you buy it to wait but it just feels weird. Plus they all come at you at the same time, well unless I missed something.

I had to break from my lurking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4262
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,359 Posts
    One thing I don't like about the DLC is that they become active immediately. I can understand why, it's not like you buy it to wait but it just feels weird. Plus they all come at you at the same time, well unless I missed something.

Happy 5th post!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #4263
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts

Yeah, that's annoying. The DLC, that is. Not your posting. I'd love for them to put a level cap on them as they now do in Skyrim, but it really would limit player freedom. There are loads of total tossers who start characters and bolt off in the direction of the Pitt and Old Oldney.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

24. Post #4264
    January 2010
    2,718 Posts
    What DLC should I start with? I was thinking about doing Honest Hearts first to get all the .45 weapons.

25. Post #4265
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,888 Posts
    Dead Money > Honest Hearts > Old World Blues > Lonesome Road
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #4266
    nox
    March 2007
    2,193 Posts
    First thing I see on the Nexus

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #4267
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts

It's practically impossible to be neutral in Fallout 3 because the game is black-and-white as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

28. Post #4268
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts

Steal a fork become the most wicked Waster ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4269
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,698 Posts
    Steal a fork become the most wicked Waster ever.
    Picking up a hat = fucking someone's dead grandma
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #4270
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Picking up a hat = fucking someone's dead grandma
    Sleep in someone's bed = Nuking the world again

31. Post #4271
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    First thing I see on the Nexus

Why did they make a FMJ ammo type? Don't they know that, by default, the vast majority of bullets are jacketed?

32. Post #4272
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,050 Posts
    Why did they make a FMJ ammo type? Don't they know that, by default, the vast majority of bullets are jacketed?
    It has FMJ for most default ammo, doesn't it? It's been a while since I paid attention. Because the .308 can have jacketed soft point, hollow point and armour piercing ammo too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

33. Post #4273
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    It has FMJ for most default ammo, doesn't it? It's been a while since I paid attention. Because the .308 can have jacketed soft point, hollow point and armour piercing ammo too.
    Yeah, the default is FMJ, especially when you consider that JSP is just a FMJ with a small tip of the jacket removed. Hollow points is similar to JSP, but with more of the jacket removed and a hole in the lead, and armor piercing is FMJ with a really hard core.

So, basically having FMJ ammo type is just pointless and redundant.

34. Post #4274
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,050 Posts
    How is redundant? It's a full metal jacket. A hollow point or a JSP aren't full metal jackets. The only alternative is not labling it, which would be stupid.

35. Post #4275
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    How is redundant? It's a full metal jacket. A hollow point or a JSP aren't full metal jackets. The only alternative is not labling it, which would be stupid.
    Because the bullets in the game are FMJ unless labeled otherwise. You can't have a completely un-jacketed .308 round, it would just disintegrate and foul up your gun like nothing else.

36. Post #4276
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,050 Posts
    But all ammo is labeled. The only time that spot doesn't have the ammo type is when you don't use ammo. Why is it such a big deal that you don't want the default ammo given a technically correct label? It doesn't make a difference either way.

37. Post #4277
    March 2011
    3,328 Posts
    I was in Underworld. In the interest of getting Charon the cheap way, I ambushed Greta on her smoke break, slicing her head clean off with a .32 bullet. I looted her corpse, shot it a couple times, and somehow managed to drag it off to the door into the lower hallways, likely to be devoured by feral ghouls from the as-yet unvisited museum offices.
    I headed back into the concourse, no-one the wiser of my deed. The blood of the innocent staining my hands and karma, I begrudgingly went to accept my payment. Whilst I was wallowing in my guilt, Charon raised his shotgun, and shot Ahzrukal right in the gut. I was gladdened by the fact that he got what was coming to him, and in my mind, everything balanced out. I was absolved of my guilt, but I then realized that, if anyone found out, few would accept this.
    My party had, so far, murdered two people in the city, one of them in plain view of several of its citizens. It occurred to me, though, that of the entire wasteland, this town was viewed as the least acceptable, less of a town than the raider and slaver bases, and below, even, the mutant entrenchments from which bags of gore and mutilated skulls hung as warnings.
    Who would miss it? The ghouls? Please. They'd go somewhere else.
    Normals? Ha! They brought destruction upon us all! They exterminate those ghouls who dare to leave the confines of the museum! They exiled them from Tenpenny Tower! The ghouls work as slaves in Megaton, and are left in the subways, to fester, rot, and decay. I also decided that Underworld was fairly peaceful, with only two guards. It would be feasible, even as a level 8 character, to decimate the city, and do so once more, and continue to do so until there was no evidence of a city there. I beckoned Charon, left the Ninth Circle, and descended the staircase. I pulled out a BB Gun, shot Tulip, and Charon proceeded to lop off her head with a shotgun. Free of any karma loss, I proceeded to loot and maim her corpse. When she was completely dismembered, I took everything from her safe and cash register, and had more than enough ammo to feed everyone in Underworld hot lead.
    Off to the right, the remaining inventory took the form of miscellanea stacked on shelves. I couldn't properly eradicate a city without taking the various plates, knives, wonderglues, and turpentines. Before the screaming mob could assemble and begin attacking my party, I promptly took everything in Tulip's store and gave what I didn't immediately need to Charon. I looked out the door to find maybe four or five people running at me. I took all the agility-increasing drugs I had and killed them all with sustained fire from my assault rifle.
    Then I started stripping the place. I first started with everything the ghouls had on them. Then I unlocked the cash registers and the safes, and took whatever was in there. I took everything on the tables, gleaned all I could from the computers, drank all I could from the toilet, and stored as many bodies as I could in the bathroom. Between Charon and I, there was still about a hundred pounds left, so I took all the burnt books and cutlery that there was.
    Outside, I had a nice conversation about tourism and illegitimacy with the guard, who was unaware of the atrocities inside. I brought it all back to my house in Megaton. I completely purged my inventory, and had about four hundred pounds of random junk scattered on the floor, stocked in the fridge, place on a shelf, or filed in a cabinet. I took everything in Underworld, and all the possessions of the ghouls' oasis were unceremoniously hidden in a dusty shack. The bodies were out of sight, the cutlery were gone, the structure was decaying and the paint peeling, and it had the air of something abandoned centuries ago. Anyone but the most determined explorer would assume they found the wrong building.
    I went outside, and set the ward of Underworld aflame. All ye who should venture within that building, may verily abandon all hope, for the legends of a safe place for ghouls with a kind community and ample wealth were false. Underworld was gone, and it was my doing. Rest in pieces.
    If someone were to find this someday, know that I was no reaver today. If anyone learns of this, I would like to be known as Petunia Sasquatch, Butcher of Ghouls and Slayer of the Innocent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #4278
    August 2009
    9,081 Posts
    .32 and Chinese pistols in fallout 3 were so useless. I wish they would make hunting rifles and 10mm pistols rarer so that they actually had a purpose in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

39. Post #4279
    October 2009
    6,173 Posts
    Honestly, I think they need to do a prequel to Fallout and make it hard as fuck. New Vegas was easy, even on hard and hardcore, and even then, the difficulty was just in the number or harder enemies that spawned. I'm talking bring it back to right after the vaults opened. Ammo should be scarce, and would be powerful weapons. Hell, the bow and primal spears should be your main weapon for the majority of the beginning of the game, or at least weapons of that nature. Since the vaults just opened, quests can vary much more. Being able to help or hurt starting settlements, raiders, and most of all, having to survive. No more "just radiation". Things like temperature, disease, thirst, hunger, more realistic weight, lack of weapons, more dangerous weapons, and shit like that. Why is it that I can survive a bullet to the head? I should have to think before attacking a convoy. "Is this smart? Can I take them?" Not to mention less black/white faction gameplay. That's what I want in a new Fallout game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #4280
    March 2011
    3,328 Posts
    After some reckless encounters in the D.C. area, I decided to take a break from there. It was a beautiful place, but you can only crawl through so many subway stations. I turned my gaze to the vast, uncharted expanse north of Megaton. The first 'town' I found was a sad one. It was a few dilapidated houses, surrounded by a moat. You could count the number of inhabitants on one hand. Inside said houses were the bare essentials, a couple worn mattresses and scattered detritus. Tin cans and charred books were all over the floor, just scattered willy-nilly. In all the homes was at least one functioning toilet, and it unfortunately seemed to be the only source of water.
    It got worse when I talked to someone there. They were, apparently, denizens of 'Big Town', the destiny of the folks in Little Lamplight. The war was centuries ago, but apparently there was still a never-neverland-esque land hidden out in a cave. Stranger, though, is their custom of exiling everyone once they reach a certain age. This left only one horrifying explanation for their continued existence. I was outraged and disgusted, and sought to destroy this community once and for all. Alas, I didn't know where Little Lamplight was. If I couldn't kill them, I could kill their future. Those bastards deserved to die in the wastes.
    Before I could set out stripping Big Town, I wondered about its ability to fall off the face of the earth. It was pretty hard to miss, after all. The solution lay in the missing two citizens. If I took them back here, and killed them like Super Mutants would, a traveller stumbling past would think they merely had stumbled across another of the Super Mutants' latest antics. Charon and I immediately set about killing and looting as much as possible before heading to Germantown. The bored and depressed teenagers all lay in bed when I entered their homes. I would walk out of their line of sight and kill them, painlessly, by a shot to the back of the head. I took their corpse and severed head, and placed it in the bathtub. Taking my trusty knife, I undressed them down to their underwear and severed their limbs at as many points as possible. I went into the doctor, Red's, cellar, and stored all I had in the lockers. Then I took the detritus and brought it all to my home in Megaton. Finally, the ones who were wandering outside were cut into bits via several seconds of minigun fire, which were placed inside the smoldering trash fires.
    I retrieved the doctor. She was the only person of value, as she had the key to the medical supplies. Shorty was shot and probably eaten after I went to rescue Red, but it effectively meant Big Town was as dead as ever. I brought her to town, and before she could notice the stench of burning flesh, I shot her too, and stole her key. I took everything in Big Town, barely missing a party of Super Mutants preparing to rain death upon the Big Towners. I guess they may have been disappointed to find the whole thing razed and having not done so themselves.

Edited:

Honestly, I think they need to do a prequel to Fallout and make it hard as fuck. New Vegas was easy, even on hard and hardcore, and even then, the difficulty was just in the number or harder enemies that spawned. I'm talking bring it back to right after the vaults opened. Ammo should be scarce, and would be powerful weapons. Hell, the bow and primal spears should be your main weapon for the majority of the beginning of the game, or at least weapons of that nature. Since the vaults just opened, quests can vary much more. Being able to help or hurt starting settlements, raiders, and most of all, having to survive. No more "just radiation". Things like temperature, disease, thirst, hunger, more realistic weight, lack of weapons, more dangerous weapons, and shit like that. Why is it that I can survive a bullet to the head? I should have to think before attacking a convoy. "Is this smart? Can I take them?" Not to mention less black/white faction gameplay. That's what I want in a new Fallout game.
    Why does it have to be Fallout? I think the post-nuclear genre needs diversification. I mean, right now the only game set after a nuclear war is Wasteland 2. We need some new series, that way you can just make the game mechanics and plot elements stand alone and have no regard for previous lore. It can even be set wherever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events